PDA

View Full Version : Assault Trooper and Hot potato achievement

thexman75
01-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Assault Trooper 15 http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RoutineX/Common/gp-g.jpg
Complete a mission by firing only assault rifles. Melee attacks don't count.
How I can unlock this...someone suggest me in the second mission only using BAR but is impossible to finish with only 200 ammo...:uzi:wich are the assault rifles???

Hot Potato (25)Pick up and return 5 live grenades. Only for me is impossible :confused: I push X but the granade alwas explodes in my hands...

james hindson
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
when you press x to pick it up press RB to throw it.

thexman75
01-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah I know the way to do it...but I can't find a mission where to do this...

What about the achievement of ASSAULT TROOPER...???? :uzi:

thexman75
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Yesssssssssssssssss I did it :woop:

james hindson
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Both of them?

Zef
01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
It may be easier for you if you tackle the Assault Trooper and Battlefield Scavenger awards at the same time. I finished the British level in the factory place (forget the name, it's the one that starts in a trainyard) and got both achievements on there.

Just wait until a German is on his own and has an automatic gun, chuck a grenade his way and steal the weapon. Swap any other weapons you have with German assault rifles so you don't screw up. It's fairly easy to do, but pick an easy level on an easy difficulty. I just happened to try whilst playing through and got it.

Cyrex
01-22-2007, 11:27 PM
to do assault trooper it is best that you do it on the second level on easy. it is the level that you start by following the tank along the hedgerow and then charge up the hill with the many machine guns you can just shoot 2-3 people and then hit them or shoot them. the only guns that count as Machine guns are the B.A.R or the MP44. you cannot throw granades so if you do immedatly restart so you don't have to waste your time.

as for the Hot potato achievement it is best done on the first level on the easy difficulty, start off and get to the building where you have to wait for reinforcements and there is a balcony out front with a tank 20yds ahead shooting at you. go to the balcony just behind the stairs the looks at the back of the building, just sit there and eventually granades will start being thrown at you, just pick them up and toss them off, and you will get the achievement if you do 5........ kinda vague in the achievement guide

coolwhitedeluxe
01-23-2007, 02:34 AM
guys, no one has mentioned the easiest way to get hot potato yet in this thread: you can do it yourself. throw a grenade at your feet, pick it back up and toss it again. repeat.

trust me, it counts. that's how i got it. pinky swear!

Mr Hey
01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
If you're going to be playing through the whole game, you dont need a guide for hot potato. I got mine by the second or third level, its a fun achievement.

Cyrex
01-25-2007, 01:13 AM
guys, no one has mentioned the easiest way to get hot potato yet in this thread: you can do it yourself. throw a grenade at your feet, pick it back up and toss it again. repeat.

trust me, it counts. that's how i got it. pinky swear!

i tried it before and it didn't really work, plus you can't carry many grenades at one time and i don't find many on veteran

fire1811
01-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Also guys if I remember correctly its 5 live grenade in one map. Its not that hard to get on Vet difficulty since they throw grenades at you every damn 10 seconds.

Fundome
02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Assault trooper is easy...on "The Island' you shouldn't even need to fire your gun until you get into the houses. The one shot head kills will do it. You will need to save as much ammo as possible for when you take over the gun at the end of the level

Rifle Elite
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
For the Hot Potato achievement start a new game and wait until Huxley gives you grenades. Throw them, pick them up and throw away.

smolotheklown
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
easiest thing to do is right after a checkpoint start tossin nades on the ground and pick them up and kill your self while your at it to get another achie.

karlsw1
02-13-2007, 09:41 PM
hot potatoe is easy! i did it without trying to get it, i got a shock when achievement unlocked came up as i didnt realize i was doing it