PDA

View Full Version : Guitar hero idea....!!! READ!!

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
This idea is actually smart!!
Okaay... Because its to many gh games at the marked. i was just thinking.
WHy not put out the band ghs as DLCs?

Gh: aerosmith is DLC to GH III
Gh: Metallica Is DLC to GH: WT
Gh : Van Halen is GH 5 DLC?

This is kinda smart. And they achievements too.

Like Gh III Updated to 1750!!
..... SMART??? Anybody who is think this IS smart?

Love Felix

Bleeding Star
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
nah not really, the only GH I own is Aerosmith, all the others are crap but I really like Aerosmith, there is no way in hell I would go buy GH5 to allow me to download say GH Slipknot or whatever

they need to stop making GH/DJ/Music games, Rock Band destroys it so much

Tatanko
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Calling your ideas smart doesn't make them smart. Want my opinion? Guitar Hero should have ended with the third game (or possibly even the second).

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 03:23 PM
nah not really, the only GH I own is Aerosmith, all the others are crap but I really like Aerosmith, there is no way in hell I would go buy GH5 to allow me to download say GH Slipknot or whatever

they need to stop making GH/DJ/Music games, Rock Band destroys it so much

but they make it on a disc like fallout 3.

Veteran
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM
but they make it on cd like fallout 3.

Games haven't been on CD (Compact discs) since the PSX/Saturn. They are now using a much nicer format known as DVD (digital versatile disc).

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Games haven't been on CD (Compact discs) since the PSX/Saturn. They are now using a much nicer format known as DVD (digital versatile disc).

etter now? And please reply to the topic

Bleeding Star
08-09-2009, 04:20 PM
but [as you say] its DLC for GH5, so I would still need GH5 to play it

its not a smart idea

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 04:31 PM
If you are a Gh fan, it is smart. it will be cheaper... 1600 MSP. and it is possible to play at a disc too. Like Gta episodes...You understand?

Bleeding Star
08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
SO what your saying is you just the want all the songs etc on a disc and not need GH5 to play it......

thats exactly what happens at the moment

Unmasked Bandit
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
If you are a Gh fan, it is smart. it will be cheaper... 1600 MSP. and it is possible to play at a disc too. Like Gta episodes...You understand?
You do know that songs cost $2 to download right? They will not make a huge pack that can sell at retail for $60 and choose to sell it for $20.

Outline
08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Calling your ideas smart doesn't make them smart. Want my opinion? Guitar Hero should have ended with the third game (or possibly even the second).

Sometimes I can't help but agree with Tatanko <3

RadiantViper
08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
They would make less money, so it would never happen. Simple.

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
This idea is about as smart as sticking needles into your balls, repeatedly, forcefully, and the needles are tipped with poison.

The games are not fit for DLC packs, have you played GH: M? It's probably the most well put together GH out, with all it's awesome features, and I'm sure GH: VH will be the same. Aerosmith, yes, that could have been a DLC pack, but it'd still cost a lot.

They couldn't really price them at 1600, they have to make money for licensing and stuff for one thing. Sure, 40 for 50 songs is a bit steep, but so what, unless you're really poor it shouldn't really matter too much.

Also, you'd have to play GHM on GHWT's engine, so yeah, thanks, but I'll go back to sticking poison needles in my balls if you don't mind...

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 05:50 PM
All of you are not think smart... I am einstein i am too smart for you!

Purge
08-09-2009, 05:55 PM

Yep, as soon as Harmonix left the scene. ;)

[Waggly Bean]
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Hilarious thread. This quote is almost sig worthy! :p

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Well... unless Einstein was illiterate, then no I don't think you are Einstein. Also, I would have to say that you were not born in 1879.

Porpoise King
08-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Its not going to happen. They are milking every penny possible out of the series, and I doubt they will stop.

institutions
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Not only does this idea blow for the reasons stated above, but it would take a fuckload of space on your HD.

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Not only does this idea blow for the reasons stated above, but it would take a fuckload of space on your HD.

I was thinking that at first, but if it's only songs, it'd be somewhere around 3 to 4gb roughly, which is less than it takes to install a game, so it's not all that much to be honest.

EOU Findub
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Apparantly you missed your Economics class because instead of making a full retail game that some people will buy, your "great idea" would make Activision lose a ton of money. Not only are you losing about $30.00 in initial profit if you sell JUST the content on the Marketplace.

Sorry Felix, it just isn't a very good idea and it doesn't make it one just because you thought of it.

And sticking needles in your balls is far better idea than this...:rolleyes:

institutions
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I was thinking thst at first, but if it's only songs, it'd be somewhere around 3 to 4gb roughly, which is less than it takes to install a game, so it's not all that much to be honest.

Oh, right. Then nevermind :) It'd only suck for people with 20gb HDs.

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Exactly, and I'm sure most of the owners of a 360 only have a 20gb or a 60gb HDD, so this would be very inconvenient for them, which would then mean that Neversoft/Beenox would be losing sales.

So yeah, excellent idea.

BarbaricGoose
08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
This is really smart idea!

Daiphyer.
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM

1. Your avatar is funny :D I really miss that '70s show.

2. Yes it will suck for most of 360 owners and Activison.

3. I'll stick with buying the disks, and I will sure as hell buy every damn music game out there :nana

Xedoss
08-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Hasn't this question been raised like a million times anyway? Like since GH:A was first released. Why start another topic about it?

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 08:33 PM

n00b i have 120 Gb Hardisk. Elite FTW.
and stop calling me idea stupid. i will call activision and they will pay me for this idea....

jessd_25
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get paid for your idea in the first place. And I agree with some of the other people that Guitar Hero should have ended with the 3rd one. I was tricked into getting WT and was VERY disappointed. Metallica was good but it just made me want to stop playing and get out the real guitar.

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to introduce to you all, Dakrkplayer2, version 2.

Once more shall these forums be full of life, and laughter. Once again shall we sig quotes of wisdom from this very wise man. Once again shall we follow through his x360a life, from misunderstood member, into suicidal lunatic.

Welcome EcT Felix. Welcome.

Yunder
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
and stop calling me idea stupid. i will call activision and they will pay me for this idea....

Yeah and Microsoft pays me for buying all of their shit. I buy their stuff, and thy pay me for it. So, in reality, I am not getting paid jack shit. WTF Microsoft?? You promised me moniez and teh wominez if I bought all your stuff!!

Oh, and btw, Felix do you have thediseasewhereiamsmarterthaneveryoneelseandeveryb odyaroundmeisretarded syndrome? Because it's contagious and I don't want to catch it.

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Just wait..... I will call activision and neversoft tomorrow.... This is a good idea!

Yunder
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I think Callum x360a will get more money from him putting poison-tipped needles in his balls. . .

[Waggly Bean]
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Just wait..... I will call activision and neversoft tomorrow.... This is a good idea!

Don't forget to let us know how that goes....

I have a sneaking suspision that this'll end up like the Frag Dolls video that we were waiting on! :(

Oh yeah, Felix, you should record the phone calls to activision and neversoft and upload them so we can listen to just how much they love your idea! ;)

EcT Felix
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE='[Waggly Bean];2246466']
Oh yeah, Felix, you should record the phone calls to activision and neversoft and upload them so we can listen to just how much they love your idea! ;)[/QUOTe

Youtube :D

I will own you guys....

:D

Bearded Bugs
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
;2246466']I have a sneaking suspision that this'll end up like the Frag Dolls video that we were waiting on! :( Is there STILL not a video for that?!!

Anyway this thread is obviously a joke... I hope so anyway for the OP's sake.

Metallica already released their whole new album as DLC anyway, and I'm sure other bands have released big chunks of their back-catalogue too?

Son of Kyuss
08-09-2009, 09:26 PM

It's a flawed idea through and through. First off, not every one has a 60/120gig hard drive and if by DLC you mean all the songs in the game then it would come down to this in terms of Microsoft points.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith: 41 songs x 160 MS points each = 6560 MSP
Guitar Hero Metallica: 49 songs x 160 MS points each = 7840 MSP
Guitar Hero Van Halen: 44 songs x 160 MS points each = 7040 MSP

If they did do that, I would be paying up to $80+ Canadian dollars for each pack.

So you're saving money and hard drive space by buying the discs. Not to mention how would people with no internet connection be able to download them?

[Waggly Bean]
08-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Youtube :D

I will own you guys....
:D
Yeah, we will see what happens... ;)

Is there STILL not a video for that?!!

Not as far as I've seen. I was subscribed to the thread and it hasn't popped up again so I can only assume nothing materialised from it. Sucks, but you can't get your hopes up with stuff like that! :p

antnie
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I think that this is such a bad idea that I am not even going to say anything bad about it. What I will say is Callum is a comedian.

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I think Callum x360a will get more money from him putting poison-tipped needles in his balls. . .

Wait... I could get paid for it? As long as there is an antidote, I'm in! Actually fuck that, I'm a man, I'll suck the poison ou... no, NO, nevermind.

Although... *looks down and considers his options*

[Waggly Bean]
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Actually fuck that, I'm a man, I'll suck the poison ou... no, NO, nevermind.

Although... *looks down and considers his options*

I think there's definitely some money to be made there, man! :D

Yunder
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Wait... I could get paid for it?

I think you could find someone. Considering I heard that someone chopped off their penis for money, yes I think that you could get paid for sticking poison-tipped needles in your balls.
As for the antidote, well, don't use it. You'll get far more money by sticking them in there and taking the pain like a man. :D

Stufin135
08-09-2009, 10:23 PM
This is just a stupid idea.

A DLC song is around $2 (i think) I don't know the MSP translation thingy.

So in the US you pay $60 for games yeah? Well lets use Smash Hits as an example.

There is 43 songs in SH. So you do 43 X 2.

What do you get? 96.

So that is $96 for GHSH as DLC.
What is a retail disc price? $60?
96 - 60 = 36

YOU WANT TO PAY $36 EXTRA FOR IT TO BE ON YOUR HARD DRIVE?

Even with the new exporting of GHSH I doubt they will make that cost $36, so you can buy a disc and export it to GH5 for less than it will cost to be DLC.

Man you is stupiy.

Frostbite123
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM

No matter what you say back to people here you will lose and sound like a fool becuase if your idea was so great then you should go talk to activision and get them to do it becuase we all know ur einstein haha

Daiphyer.
08-09-2009, 11:56 PM

... And I will call Rockstar to tell them to stop making GTA and they will pay me for it.

Cav Clayton
08-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Should have ended with the second. GH3 was terrible.

EcT Felix
08-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Should have ended with the second. GH3 was terrible.

GH 3 is the best GH...

Outline
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
GH2 is the best GH, that's undisputed.

Xedoss
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM

Based on the tracklist, yes. Based on gameplay, no.
Metallica is best with gameplay (and also has a killer tracklist imho). Also has real cool features like Metallifacts.

I wish they would do that with every GH game. Give you the option to view the videoclip for some, if not all, songs or even make a playlist without the need to play along with it, so you can just listen the songs!

jj1993
08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
This is just a stupid idea.

A DLC song is around $2 (i think) I don't know the MSP translation thingy.

So in the US you pay $60 for games yeah? Well lets use Smash Hits as an example.

There is 43 songs in SH. So you do 43 X 2.

What do you get? 96.

So that is $96 for GHSH as DLC.
What is a retail disc price? $60?
96 - 60 = 36

YOU WANT TO PAY $36 EXTRA FOR IT TO BE ON YOUR HARD DRIVE?

Even with the new exporting of GHSH I doubt they will make that cost $36, so you can buy a disc and export it to GH5 for less than it will cost to be DLC.

Man you is stupiy.

Actually, he wants to pay $26 more. And I think you should do $43 x 2... I'll give you a clue. It's less than $96.

Man you is stupiy? IRONIC STATEMENT OF THE WEEEEEEK!

Xedoss
08-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Actually, he wants to pay $26 more. And I think you should do $43 x 2... I'll give you a clue. It's less than $96.

Man you is stupiy? IRONIC STATEMENT OF THE WEEEEEEK!

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/Loathing69/win/kelso_burn.gif

Tussell
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I say we kill all future Guitar Hero games, DLC, and merchandise.

EcT Felix
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq62/Loathing69/win/kelso_burn.gif

Okey.... enough... ii will take the hint

Xedoss
08-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Okey.... enough... ii will take the hint

Wasn't directed at you, but at Stufin135 ;).

Stufin135
08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
:p I don't care, 8 is next to 9, I just carried on afterwards :p. My point is still there though ;)

CaptainSpanner
08-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Guitar Hero Should Be On Seperate Discs, As Said By Someome Before, Alot Of Us Only Have 20GB - 60GB Hard Drives.

Tatanko
08-10-2009, 01:42 PM
This man knows what's up.

EDIT: How is this thread not locked yet?!

Nightbeam
08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Its not really like anyone forces you to play those types of games, and honestly the dispute between which "band" games are better is just stupid as fuck.

Yunder
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Okay, its tomorrow. How much money did you make idiot?

Madtown B
08-10-2009, 06:27 PM

This is hands down my favorite quote I have seen on this site yet. I laughed for probably 3 minutes!

But anyways. This idea would potentially be slightly better for some people, but it would lose Activison alot of money, seeing as every single Guitar Hero game they make sells a ton of copies. AKA, it's wishful thinking that has absolutely no chance of ever happening.

You want a game that does something like this? It's called rock band 2. Loads of track packs including full album track packs, some of which are also available on standalone disc for people without interwebz. HMX could have blossomed some of their track packs/CDs into full retail games, and screwed us out of some more money, but they are too cool for that. And before anyone mentions Beatles Rock Band... They are building a nice original game from the ground up rather than just re-skinning a previous game with different songs.

Crimson Ridley
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Actually, they have done that. Country, Classic, Metal, Track Pack 2, AC/DC. These all retail around the same price as a full game.

They each have about 20 songs on them, so they aren't as innocent and golden as everyone seems to think they are.

Madtown B
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Actually, they have done that. Country, Classic, Metal, Track Pack 2, AC/DC. These all retail around the same price as a full game.

They each have about 20 songs on them, so they aren't as innocent and golden as everyone seems to think they are.

I never said they were a good deal, personally i haven't played any of them and i will probably skip all of them unless i find them in a bargain bin for 5 bucks or something. But it is an option for people who want extra tracks and have no internet. Agreed that they are overpriced though.

EcT Felix
08-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Okay, its tomorrow. How much money did you make idiot?

they did it a reality... with the new update it will be an extra feature

Bearded Bugs
08-10-2009, 10:44 PM
they did it a reality... with the new update it will be an extra feature Wow I love this guy.

[Waggly Bean]
08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow I love this guy.

...And this thread! :p

Wonder what his excuse will be tomorrow? :D

dakisbac
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I like it this way.

1) I'm not forced to buy songs I don't want (which is what would happen if they updated the achievement list to 1750 or whatever)

2) A whole bunch of 1000s looks nicer to me than a couple 1750s

EcT Felix
08-11-2009, 07:26 AM
;2249922']...And this thread! :p

Wonder what his excuse will be tomorrow? :D

Excuse?for what? that callum only gets 1 dollar per our by sticking needles in his balls? All of you will lose. i am the mighty Covenant and ypu will die!

[Waggly Bean]
08-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Excuse?for what? that callum only gets 1 dollar per our by sticking needles in his balls? All of you will lose. i am the mighty Covenant and ypu will die!

Well the updates coming today, so I guess we'll be seeing today what is in the update, then hearing your excuses for nothing being there afterwards...

I suppose they could accidentally forget to put your idea in? Maybe save it until the next update? :p

Bearded Bugs
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM
;2251166']I suppose they could accidentally forget to put your idea in? Maybe save it until the next update? :p I'm sure that's what will happen, they'll conveniently forget! Although I wouldn't mess with this guy... Einstein + Covenant = One evil Norwegian bastard.

Xedoss
08-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Well, i'm Master Chief!
Eat frakking Spartan Laser, you Covenant bastard.

Gladiator
08-11-2009, 11:44 AM
If somebody gave me the choice of 1 or a downloadable track on a game, Id choose the 1, thats a fifth of the way to a preowned game, and its not that cheap, just cheap compared to everything

Wehttam
08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Here is my idea: they should stop making guitar hero games.

Cav Clayton
08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
QTF. And the enhancement of gameplay in 3 isn't enough to save it.

EcT Felix
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Hmm... What the fuck.. I got stabbed in the back by activision and microsoft..

But i am still the smartest person in the world.

But wait!? I need grab my copy of gh aerosmith and swallo it...

And yes.. I am an evil Norwegian bastard... Johoo!

Just wait micrsoft i will call- Al-qaida!!

MOHAHAHAHAHHA

Bearded Bugs
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
And yes.. I am an evil Norwegian bastard... Johoo!

Just wait micrsoft i will call- Al-qaida!!

MOHAHAHAHAHHA You're a very odd fellow. :)

Xedoss
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
You're a very odd fellow. :)

That's what the fresh Norwegian mountain air will do to your brain.

Crimson Ridley
08-11-2009, 03:06 PM

Your idea sucks a fat one.

No offence...

InfernoFrY
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
This idea is actually smart!!
Okaay... Because its to many gh games at the marked. i was just thinking.
WHy not put out the band ghs as DLCs?

Gh: aerosmith is DLC to GH III
Gh: Metallica Is DLC to GH: WT
Gh : Van Halen is GH 5 DLC?

This is kinda smart. And they achievements too.

Like Gh III Updated to 1750!!
..... SMART??? Anybody who is think this IS smart?

Love Felix

I thought you were going to suggest to stop making them. That would be been the best idea.

I didn't even see Guitar Hero 4 come out thats how fast they make and release them, its getting out of hand. But I agree that they could of just brought all the songs out as DLC packs instead of full retail games every time.

[Waggly Bean]
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I thought you were going to suggest to stop making them. That would be been the best idea.

I didn't even see Guitar Hero 4 come out thats how fast they make and release them, its getting out of hand. But I agree that they could of just brought all the songs out as DLC packs instead of full retail games every time.

Um... I'm assuming World Tour counts as 4.... :rolleyes:

Stufin135
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
;2252229']Um... I'm assuming World Tour counts as 4.... :rolleyes:
Which was a year after GH3 if I am correct ;)

Madtown B
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
they did it a reality... with the new update it will be an extra feature

OMG!! they did it in reality! OMGoshz000rs my metallica disk is going to magically disappear and become world tour DLC!!

Wow. Just wow.

I am pretty sure he would be getting alot more than a buck an hour for that. There are some strange people out there...

Here is my idea: GTFO!

AOS Puck
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
While there has been some intelligent posts in here (none by the OP), there has been too much spam.