PDA

View Full Version : Scratched games?

WHITEBLACKGUY01
08-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Anyone know a way to fix your game when your xbox tips on its side while on?

Crimson Ridley
08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
If it's a ring scratch, you could take it to a store with a disc cleaner (May have to be a very good one) and that should sort it right out. Always works for me in Gamestation whenever I beat my 360 when I lose a game. :p

Veteran
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Don't listen to anyone who comes along and starts saying that toothpaste, etc is gonna fix it. Do as Callum says and take it to a shop with a disc resurfacer. :)

Daiphyer.
08-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Does anybody know if Virgin cleans disks ?

Xodiac8118
08-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Woah... I thought you said, "Does anyone know if Virgin cleans dicks?"... sometimes, there could be blood.
Yuck, yuck, yuck kid... (Not sure of the age so run with it if you could.) Such a sicko, the best thing I have ever heard on this forum, going in my sig.

Korean
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Sometimes even after doing the surface thing it doesn't work.

Ring scratches go in deep

Xodiac8118
08-10-2009, 12:38 AM
I would say go to the shop and get it fixed, don't trust anyone else. Hell if you're like me, you'd want what is best for your disks. Trust me, shop, and if it doesn't work they'll give you your money back... In Australia anywho.

Crimson Ridley
08-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately, we don't get our money back if the disc still doesn't work, they make sure to tell you that a hundred times before taking your money. :(

Oh, and as it was quoted, and I deleted it thinking maybe it was a bit much, I'll put it back; "Woah... I thought you said, "Does anyone know if Virgin cleans dicks"... sometimes, there could be blood". to avoid any confusion. :p

Porpoise King
08-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Its not a disk scratch, its a laser burn. Happens when the console is moved while a game is inside. Happens because the 360 lacks a device to properly lock the game in the tray (go figure, microsoft being cheap). There have been billion dollar lawsuits regarding this issue.

Happened to my Saints Row 2 disk awhile back. Took it down to Gamestop and eventually talked them into giving me a new disk (they can trade them back to MS and get a new one, but they have to pay the shipping). This is very YMMV but you could try it with your Gamestop. If they won't take it back call Microsoft and complain, they will (should) give you a new disk.

MrMario2011
08-10-2009, 07:32 AM
The store I work at has a great resurfacer, so yes as long as it's good it will take them out. Not only have I seen rings, but I've seen discs much worse than that come out in brand new condition, so it is possible. It's only impossible if the disc is cracked, warped, etc. Or one example from the other day: a child sinking their teeth into Gears of War

TwoGlassEyes88
05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I fucking HATE microsoft for this! My new elite (3 weeks old) has a horribly loud ass second fan that kicks on occasionally, and it's more quite when the system is on its side. So I move it. While playing Red Dead Redemption. Now I can't play my game and my 360 still sounds like a damn garbage disposal. Fucking FUCK!

Always Ready
05-20-2010, 02:33 AM
What I do for all my scratched 360 games is Put smear toothpaste on it wash it off in hot water ckean it off with a rag and it works..for me atleast.

King Zango07
05-20-2010, 04:25 AM
i know when i get a ring scratch i just go buy a new copy from walmart and swap out the discs and take it back the next day and get a different game free :woop: $60=2 games

Iconoclast
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Happened to me when I first bought my 360 a few years ago and moved it from the floor to my TV stand with my RB1 disc inside and running.

But just like the guy above me said, there's a very simple solution:

Go to Walmart or wherever you buy games (although Walmart is probably your best option, since it's a big corporation and sells a wide variety of products, not just video games) and buy the same game. Go home, and swap your scratched disc for the brand new one. The next day (or later that day, or whenever), go back to where you bought it from and return it, explaining that it was like that when you took it out of the case and can't play it. Again, this is where buying it from Walmart would come in handy as people return thousands of dollars worth of merchandise a day, and 9 times out of 10, the employees won't care (or know better...even though technically you're not supposed to be able to return video games once they've been opened). If you buy from a place like EB on the other hand (where all they do is sell games and most of the people who work there are lifeless nerds who actually know better), they probably won't let you return it because they know discs don't come scratched out of the box.

Although, I've never had a problem returning games to EB...but I think that's just because I got me some righteous titties ;) Hawt girl nerds FTW :)

Zorlance
05-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Although, I've never had a problem returning games to EB...but I think that's just because I got me some righteous titties ;) Hawt girl nerds FTW :)

Ugh, shut up.

StephenJ360
05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Anyone know a way to fix your game when your xbox tips on its side while on?

If you live anywhere with a GameStop near you, they still take those games in, but it takes off a few dollars for a refurbish fee. Also, start getting the GameStop $2 or $3 warranty if you're that bad with your games.