PDA

View Full Version : No multiplayer nor demo

highpass
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
From x360fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/01/22/bioshock-no-multiplayer-no-demo-planned/):-

In a recent question and answer session on the Cult of Rapture, BioShock's community site, several details about the game are confirmed. Chief among these details is that BioShock will not contain a multiplayer component. The reason for its omission is that the developers are focused on a single player story and that multiplayer would not mesh with the story. While many will no doubt point out that multiplayer doesn't really have to mesh with the story (Halo 2 for example), we're willing to cut Irrational a break, seeing as they're creating a game more along the lines of Deus Ex than Unreal Tournament. Worth noting, there are plans for downloadable content. The other tidbit revealed in the Q&A session is that there is currently no demo planned for BioShock. So, if you're not sure about BioShock, it looks like you may have to rent before you buy.

Lack of multiplayer doesn't bother me, but no demo? Cry.

P1NSEEKER
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Multiplayer adds longevity to games though :(

So if i finish this in like 10-15 hours then i may as well through it in the bin!

At least no mp achievements (i hate those!)

Zef
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I would rather have them focus on making a decent single player game than sacrifice some of the development time by working on a multiplayer mode as well.

The demo thing does suck, especially since we can't return crappy games over here anymore (depends where you buy though). Microsoft should kick them in the nuts until they release one.

highpass
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
The more i think about it the more i believe multiplayer in Bioshock has the potential® to be quite original, even if just talking about a coop aspect. Then again like Zef said i'd much rather have a polished campaign than dusty rushed attempts at both.

You never know, Pin, if they do the achievements and upgrade system just right, it might be impossible to get all 1000 without playing it a few times and upgrading differently.

"Potential" is a registered trademark of Sony©

P1NSEEKER
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
"Potential" is a registered trademark of Sony©

Lol!

And maybe your right Zef if the singleplayer turns out as good as it looks maybe i wont miss a mp mode.

KilluhKam
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
i hope to be reserving this game soon, it looks soo damn sweet! no mp mode is good for this game imo as i really cant see it having one (after watching the trailors) and as for the achievements, they could be something like the ones in F.E.A.R wich would be sorta awesome, what two games do you guys think they will take the achievements from and mash them together?

quidyg
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
i do not care about bioshock not having multiplayer because i have prey and the darkness (all 3 games made by 2k games) and when i go on their multiplayer because i do not have that much of a good connection between my xbox and pc it is always losing connection and glitching which just makes it harder.

Mr Arrow
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Lack of multiplayer doesn't bother me, but no demo? Cry.

Rather like "no sex until we're married." :( You know it's going to be good but some hands on would be nice.

Keytta
07-16-2007, 04:52 AM
I would rather have them focus on making a decent single player game than sacrifice some of the development time by working on a multiplayer mode as well.

The demo thing does suck, especially since we can't return crappy games over here anymore (depends where you buy though). Microsoft should kick them in the nuts until they release one.
I so tired of every game creating MP death match just to put "multi-player" on the package. I think it is great the BS is all single person, most games have half their AP in MP, targeting it for the latenight people that can spend hours doing the same thing over and over. I do wish more games would do co-op like GOW did, that was the most fun I have ever had playing a game.

Fritz White
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
i usually really enjoy playing through campaigns and stories, but this better be one long, long game. after you beat a game once or twice, that's it. i mean throw us some co-op or something. shit. i have this game reserved, but if it's not really long i might just rent it instead and play the fuck out of it for a week.

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I thought I heard they may think about releasing some demo they were showing at a conference or convention this weekend on to the marketplace soon. But alas that is just a rumor.:(

M7.Ninja
08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
This news doesn't bother me. I tend to hunt down blogs (Destructoid (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.destructoid.com)), social news networks (Digg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.digg.com)) and podcasts for news about things of interest (like this game).

I know for certain that I will be replaying it multiple times to explore different moral choices (do I save or harvest Little Sisters? Do I mess myself up with plasmids in exchange for awesome powers or keep myself human as possible? Which characters in the world should I ally myself with, and which should I turn against?)

I'm sure this will keep me busy for a very long time, multiplayer be damned. As for the demo, I don't care about it. I'm buying.

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
08-11-2007, 08:30 PM
demo or no demo I am buying this game too its just I wish I had a taste of this game to tide me over

GEEN0
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM
This is a little off now me thinks :)