PDA

View Full Version : Kojima fancies a piece of the 360 pie

highpass
01-22-2007, 07:43 PM
In a recent Gamepro interview, Hideo Kojima makes it clear that his aspirations involve more than just the Playstation 3. The Metal Gear designer notes that he eventually wants to develop for the Wii, the Xbox 360 (he's a fan of Gears of War, you know) and the "world-wide platform" that is the PC. "I want to do it. But our staff, especially the younger ones, don't so much like to work on the PC. If it was PC, we don't have to go into some crappy things with the first parties."

Going by Kojima's earlier steak dinner and movie analogies, we suppose he can now be interpreted as a rabid film critic wandering about town, randomly bursting into houses and demanding delicious steaks. Of course, PC gaming needs to fit in there somewhere -- is it like leveling up your own livestock, shortly before slaughtering it and eating it alone?

Read the interview and make your own conclusions. Watch out for Kojima stating that "MGS4 is actually for the PS3 only so far."

Joystick article (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/22/kojima-hopes-to-develop-for-everything-ever/)

Gamepro interview (http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=94010)

Mingledon
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Seven letters:
N-U-T-C-A-S-E.

Nutcase.

I have always thought that Kojima had a screw or two loose.

Zef
01-22-2007, 08:49 PM
That is how he came out with great games like Metal Gear Solid...and Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes.

As long as we 360 exclusivers get some Metal Gear he is a good guy.

Mingledon
01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I still think he is a whack job. Seriously. Garlic Shots? He is a raving madman; a lunatic. He will eat our children and livestock! Kidnap our wives!

Zef
01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
And getting a man on the Moon is just plain stupid.

Garlic and health
Garlic has long been considered an herbal wonder drug, used to protect against plague by monks of the Middle Ages to treating the cold and common flu today. Hippocrates used garlic vapors to treat cervical cancer, and garlic poultices were placed on wounds during World War II as an inexpensive, and apparently quite effective replacement for antibiotics, which were scarce during wartime.
Modern science is beginning to substantiate the medicinal properties of garlic. Studies have shown garlic can control acne, suppress the growth of tumors, and is a potent antioxidant good for cardiovascular health. Other studies show garlic can reduce LDL or "bad" cholesterol and is a good blood-thinning agent to avoid blood clots that could lead to heart attack or stroke.
It is generally agreed that the stronger the taste of a clove of garlic, the higher the sulphur content greater the medicinal value. Some people have suggested that organically grown garlic has higher sulphur content, and a greater benefit to health.
Allicin and diallyl sulphides are the two main medical ingredients that produce the garlic health benefits. Garlic contains only 4 calories per clove.

Kid Pyrrhic
01-22-2007, 09:30 PM
My question is it Kojima speaking? Or Konami? I suspect Konami is putting him up to saying these comments, especially considering how highly he spoke of the PS3.

I think its become obvious to many Japanese developers that you can produce a game and still sell well enough, even if the console is doing poorly in their country. So my guess is Konami is jumping on the bandwagon with Capcom.

graemelunn
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Mingledon...
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/graemelunn/aownage.png
Good one Zef... :p

I N64 I MaRiO
01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Seven letters:
N-U-T-C-A-S-E.

Nutcase.

I have always thought that Kojima had a screw or two loose.
im agreeing he is a nutcase.( anyone wonder why the hell the main guy is at the running around at the end with no clothes?(MGS1 and 2 ) ? and why he made a shemale named RAIDEN? ) but im here to say keep up the good work kojima:) seriously.. mgs is prolly the best games in teh world :) and i HOPE to jesus that its coming to 360 ( most likely is )

Im a Manatee
01-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, he's whack. Probably huffs cat stools and anything else proven to make developers come up with odd dialog.

Kaens
01-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Splinter Cell > MGS

I'd play MGS on 360 though. Of course that's not saying much, I play everything on the 360.