PDA

View Full Version : Is this even possible?

Veteran
08-12-2009, 01:45 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/n2zi0z.jpg

This is the dedicated server achievement in Time Shift. Host MP games for 48 hours then quit. I don't see how this is acquirable offline. So yeah, is it possible or not? I've seen a few people who've acquired it offline. I just lost all respect for one person when I noticed this in amongst his Time Shift achievements. I am not naming any names though!

And please, no retarded replies like "LOL POST IN TEH TIEM SHIFT FORAMZ PLZ". Just answer the question.

BC Ch3iF
08-12-2009, 03:01 AM
I doubt it since ded. servers is supposed to be used by other players on live - not other players on your 360. So, no.

Edit: Maybe he hosted for 48 hrs then got disconnected. I dont know if you know who Greenjedijames is but he got his Dont hate the Player on Gears of War unlocked offline. If you know who that is Ill bet you think its just as awkward as this.

Fizzmatix
08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Welcome to obvious game saving/hacking. You will see the leaderboards littered with people acquiring achievements offline when they are multiplayer. Just ignore it, the user will get banned soon enough for breaching the Microsoft terms of use.

Veteran
08-12-2009, 03:27 AM
I doubt it since ded. servers is supposed to be used by other players on live - not other players on your 360. So, no.

Edit: Maybe he hosted for 48 hrs then got disconnected. I dont know if you know who Greenjedijames is but he got his Dont hate the Player on Gears of War unlocked offline. If you know who that is Ill bet you think its just as awkward as this.

Yes I know who he is, I've fought against him recently on ranked warzone. He's good. Well, I'm not surprised considering he's #1 in Warzone all time.

And yes I noticed that he got Don't Hate the Player offline some how. Same question for that, really.

Welcome to obvious game saving/hacking. You will see the leaderboards littered with people acquiring achievements offline when they are multiplayer. Just ignore it, the user will get banned soon enough for breaching the Microsoft terms of use.

I'm aware of gamerscore cheaters, thank you very much. I am asking because I've seen at least a dozen people with this achievement acquired offline so therefore I was asking if it's doable offline before I come to any conclusions. This person who I'm talking about right now has 217,000 gamerscore. You reckon he's going to be reset soon? Doubt it. Why hasn't MiDWynter? Another guy in my friendslist acquired this offline. I reckon it's about time I delete him since his gamerscore obviously isn't legitimate.

Gamerscore cheaters don't get banned you fool, pirates do. Gamerscore cheaters get their gamerscore reset and they get branded as a cheater on their profile.

Korean
08-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah i guess that is cheating.
Also, is midwynter officially a Gamesaver?

Veteran
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah i guess that is cheating.
Also, is midwynter officially a Gamesaver?

Someone confirmed he cheated on PGR3. Every achievement unlocked at the same time. :locked

Waggaz
08-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Meh, with a game like timeshift, i can't imagine that big of an online community so he probs hexed it coz he couldnt get it with no one online

jackanape
08-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually this one is more of a grey area as it CAN be acquired offline, so everyone calling it hacking/gamesaving is wide of the mark.

What is happening is that people were leaving their systems running over night to get the achieve (as I did) but at some point they got booted from LIVE and the time kept on building up. So when the achievement finally did pop it comes up as 'acquired' rather than with a date stamp.

For the record you don't need anyone to actually join your game while you are doing this - as just hosting an open session is enough, so there is really no need to hack it anyway.

Korean
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Someone confirmed he cheated on PGR3. Every achievement unlocked at the same time. :locked

Seeing as he has his Privacy Settings on, there can be no further investigation?

If i were midwynter, i would just stop playing, i mean whats the fun of getting massive points and impressive achievements if you can't even show them?

Veteran
08-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Seeing as he has his Privacy Settings on, there can be no further investigation?

If i were midwynter, i would just stop playing, i mean whats the fun of getting massive points and impressive achievements if you can't even show them?

Someone who's got him added confirmed he cheated PGR3 (every achievement acquired at the same time)

Actually this one is more of a grey area as it CAN be acquired offline, so everyone calling it hacking/gamesaving is wide of the mark.

What is happening is that people were leaving their systems running over night to get the achieve (as I did) but at some point they got booted from LIVE and the time kept on building up. So when the achievement finally did pop it comes up as 'acquired' rather than with a date stamp.

For the record you don't need anyone to actually join your game while you are doing this - as just hosting an open session is enough, so there is really no need to hack it anyway.

That is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

Fizzmatix
08-14-2009, 02:58 AM
There was no need to be rude, i was just stating that it probably has been hacked or gamesaved. As for people getting banned no they don't get banned straight away, Microsoft ban large amounts of people in waves rather than just picking out all the single users.

Now that jack has suggested the weird little bug i guess you could call it, it makes it possible to be acquired offline.

If you see someone cheating the system just report them and microsoft will look into it. Every little complaint they get they do look into even if you think they don't.

Sizzlebuzz
08-14-2009, 06:07 AM

Why play a game just to unlock achievements? For me, they give me something extra to do, and is somewhat fulfilling when I do get them all, knowing that I did everything in the game, at least gamerscore wise. But, I bet he ditches it right after he unlocks them.

Lodan
08-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Why play a game just to unlock achievements? For me, they give me something extra to do, and is somewhat fulfilling when I do get them all, knowing that I did everything in the game, at least gamerscore wise. But, I bet he ditches it right after he unlocks them.

I play games for fun, but there comes a point where I have to be certain I've done everything I could with a game. I played Tomb Raider Legend to death then as soon as I thought I was done with the game on the PS2 I found out it was available for the Xbox 360 and I immediately went out and searched for a used copy just so I could get the Achievements for the game. I've done similar for every game I could find that was available for the 360 that I've played before on other systems.
It's called an Obsession! >.>