PDA

View Full Version : Homemade “Zelda” Hits Xbox 360 Indie Games

KFZ Scrubs
08-12-2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/11/homemade-zelda-hits-xbox-360-indie-games/

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/image158.png
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/image-thumb161.png
The Xbox 360 summer system update came with a flood of Japanese developed Indie games like Fenak Mura Monogatari (Fenak Village Story), an action-adventure game inspired by The Legend of Zelda.
In Fenak Village Story you play a sword wielding hero that explores top down dungeons filled with switch puzzles. Sound familiar? While the style and even the puzzles are reminiscent of the NES classic there are some differences. Instead of hearts you have HP and there’s a MP meter.

Curious? You can play a timed demo for free. Log on to Xbox Live and look for the pictured listing. Since the game is in Japanese I wrote up a mini-guide to help players get into the first dungeon.

- The first option in the main menu starts the game.
- After you get out of bed walk into the house next door.
- You automatically talk to people (and read signs) when you run into them.
- Technically, you can start the quest now, but you mind as well spend your 50 gold coins!
- Walk right into the brown house, it’s a shop. You can buy potions here, but I would pick either the Fast Running Shoes (they look like winged boots) or the Magic Wand. The running shoes let you move twice as fast when you hold RB. The magic wand shoots a fire explosion when you press A.
- When you decide what you want to buy walk up to the item and press X to purchase it.
- Now you’re ready for the dungeon! Walk past the happy flame into the castle.
- If you’re running low on health or magic hit start and go to the second option (”tools”) to drink a potion.
- TIP: press Y to pick up and throw things.

The full game costs 240 Microsoft Points ($3).
Well, i know there's a lot of zelda freaks on the forums (i've seen a lot of people over my time here) and thought that they'd might like to see this nice piece of information of a indie zelda game for the 360.

CaMmY95
08-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Might check this out nice find.

N-Forced
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
My question is, is it in english? All the japanese games i've seen on the indie games were only in japanese and I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Korean
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
So there are no achievements to Indie games right?

N-Forced
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
So there are no achievements to Indie games right? Yes there are no achievements in indie games.

Daiphyer.
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, Home made .... Reminded me of cookies, lol.

So, indie games are 400 MSP right ?

SuperNova X2X
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Hmm, guess I'll check it out. Still doesn't beat my copy of Ocarina of Time, but I'll give it a try.

Tussell
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Hmm, guess I'll check it out. Still doesn't beat my copy of Ocarina of Time, but I'll give it a try.
Nothing beats Ocarina of Time, but this still looks pretty interesting. It's nice to see games like this every now and then. Makes you realize not everyone is a dummy!

dakisbac
08-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Never really was a fan of the original Zelda so I wouldn't be interested and on top of that it's in a language I can't read so yeah...

Pheonix_Assassin
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Hmmm, Home made .... Reminded me of cookies, lol.

So, indie games are 400 MSP right ?

Nope, prices vary but this game is 240MSP =)

I think that this game could get taken down due to copyright of "The Legend Of Zelda" =( i might be wrong though lol

CunningFox
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Never really was a fan of the original Zelda so I wouldn't be interested and on top of that it's in a language I can't read so yeah...

The original Zelda games on the Gameboy were great fun.
I still have them and tbh I prefer them to this Indie game.

J0shUK
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Nothing beats Ocarina of Time, but this still looks pretty interesting. It's nice to see games like this every now and then. Makes you realize not everyone is a dummy!

Windwaker destroys Ocarina of Time!! (I must be the only person in the world who thinks this :p)

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Windwaker destroys Ocarina of Time!! (I must be the only person in the world who thinks this :p)

Well I wouldnt say it destroys it but its still in my top three

once my xbox is back (hopefully thursady if it isnt delayed again) Ill check this out, cause you might have noticed by my gamertag that I like zelda

J0shUK
08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Well I wouldnt say it destroys it but its still in my top three

Yeh maybe destroys is too stong a word :p

My top 3 would be:

1)Wind Waker
2)Twilight Princess
3)Majora's Mask

Creech
08-20-2009, 04:53 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/11/homemade-zelda-hits-xbox-360-indie-games/
Well, i know there's a lot of zelda freaks on the forums (i've seen a lot of people over my time here) and thought that they'd might like to see this nice piece of information of a indie zelda game for the 360.

Looks like it got pulled from the marketplace; it is not available any longer.

Steve50013
08-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I personally hated windwaker... Too much time on a stupid boat, it takes forever to get from place to place. The story was interesting but the traveling and the graphics killed it for me. The cartoonish style gave me a headache.