PDA

View Full Version : New maps

Cyrex
01-22-2007, 11:28 PM
do not download the new maps because they are bugged and do not work at all, Activision and IW Aplogized earlier last week

Zef
01-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Infinity Ward apologised for a Treyarch mistake?

How exactly are they bugged, extreme glitching or they simply refuse to show up in the game?

Cyrex
01-25-2007, 02:17 AM
treyarch had to get premission from IW to make the game, IW has made every patch that has come out for a COD game no matter what it is for. they don't trust anyone else to have a patch made

not sure which they are, i believe they are bugged, read about it on gamespot, plus a friend who downloaded them had the problem

Kid Pyrrhic
01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure if its a case of "permission" of using an IP as much as it was Activision wanted a sequel out as soon as possible.

Its not uncommon for this to happen, many times a publisher hands a project off to a B-list developer while their usual A-lister (in this case, Infinity Ward) works on a true sequel (See Splinter Cell).

From what I have gathered, the new map download interfers with the freebie map last week. So basically, you had to chose between Champs or the download. Obviously this was a major problem (Though not totally uncommon, Kameo's second set of downloads interfered with the functioning of Winter Warrior Pack), so Treyarch had to remove them for retooling. I haven't followed it too much today, but last message was "We're still working with Microsoft on it"

WO1F
01-26-2007, 04:15 AM
im sick of all these bugs and problems!

Kid Pyrrhic
01-27-2007, 04:50 PM
The new maps are back online, as of this morning.