PDA

View Full Version : Looks like your local Library has been stocking up...

big red marino
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Library Article (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/libraries-to-archive-video-game-collections/1342383)

This would be a great savings.

Zorlance
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
That's not my local library, you lied to me.

Tussell
08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Cool, just one more thing that I won't be getting from my local library! I think the last time I went to the library I was eight years old. I don't even have a library card! There's no reason for me to.

InkedUp
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm going to have to look into this. Where I live, there are about 5 library's in a 10 mile radius. It would be awesome if they were doing this.

Zainy521
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I wish my local library did this... and wasn't up the hill.

J0shUK
08-13-2009, 01:54 AM
My local library has been stocking video games for years!! This is nothing new, I know of at least two other's that do it as well.

phatRizzo
08-13-2009, 02:42 AM
This has been going on for a while where I live.... Don't use it very often, but is nice to know its there, mine just usually has the more popular games, of which I have played or own...

Guess yahoo really is searching for a main page news, drudging up some few year old news... I see a lock coming:locked:locked:locked(get it, Yahoo bringing up news from the bottom of the page, haha)

KNUCKS x360a
08-13-2009, 02:50 AM
I see a lock coming

Do you? Why?! :confused:

I've never seen this yet, & the Libraries I know haven't done it... [Although I reckon deprived area's will get left out due to the risk of Theft! :p]

If they did do it round here, I'd swing through & grab a couple of games! - Always room for more easy 1000's!!

xI C0uch P0tat0
08-13-2009, 02:52 AM
I don't get why libraries would have video games. It's basically the same thing as going to your local Blockbuster or Movie Gallery and renting a game. Plus, I think it would tarnish libraries views as being a place to go and find a book or to read and study.

KNUCKS x360a
08-13-2009, 02:58 AM
I don't get why libraries would have video games. It's basically the same thing as going to your local Blockbuster or Movie Gallery and renting a game. Plus, I think it would tarnish libraries views as being a place to go and find a book or to read and study.

That's a very dated view on what a Library is dude...

A library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed: it is organized for use and maintained by a public body, an institution, or a private individual.

However, with the sets and collection of media and of media other than books for storing information, many libraries are now also repositories and access points for maps, prints, or other documents and various storage media such as microform (microfilm/microfiche), audio tapes, CDs, cassettes, videotapes, and DVDs. Libraries may also provide public facilities to access subscription databases and the Internet.
Thus, modern libraries are increasingly being redefined as places to get unrestricted access to information in many formats and from many sources.

& The (big) difference between Blockbuster Rentals & a public Library is the $$!

SaintKnight
08-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Mine does, and I haven't been there in forever. They usually have the really easy gamerscore ones, so I guess I may have to pay a visit there this weekend. I may walk, but right now it's too damn hot

xI C0uch P0tat0
08-13-2009, 04:04 AM
That's a very dated view on what a Library is dude...

How so??????

phatRizzo
08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Do you? Why?! :confused:

Not this thread, just a joke cause yahoo is pulling up old news... It was a corny joke, as I was apparently in a corny mood....

drewmart
08-13-2009, 04:43 PM
To be honest I really can't see my local library doing this :P

Alice in Wonderland
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
This will actualy never happen here, they are extremely strict with having only books and special documents in their librairies. But anyway, I'm not going there and I won't start doing so just because of games.

v SnOwMaN v
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
What section would you look in or search for online.

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
How so??????

He explained by use of quote. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wish my local library would do this, but I feel like if libraries in Birmingham did this, they would lend the game out once and it would be gone forever. Shame really, it'd be awesome.... :(