PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hill Level

Trips
08-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone know how to beat this?

I finally got past the first obstacle, but I am now stuck on one where you need to ride a plank up, then there is a space between the next plank up from it.

Sooooo frustrating!:mad:

Trips
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
wow, I just beat it. Over 200 tries (not including the first obstacle since those restarts dont count) and 15 minutes!

At least I got the achievement in the end for beating it! :locked

UCB Disco
08-12-2009, 11:47 PM
How in the WORLD do you get over that first obstacle?! I am about to find a baby and punch it, that's how ridiculous it's getting.

Darunia
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah I just got past the first obstacle, only to be greeted by a set of beams that are even harder to scale! Christ. Leaderboard vids don't help that much. I'd have to start memorizing button presses :p

DCS 23
08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
How in the WORLD do you get over that first obstacle?! I am about to find a baby and punch it, that's how ridiculous it's getting.
ill 2nd that its so annoying ARGHH..!!!!

What bikes are you guys using?

UCB Disco
08-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Here's my favorite part yet;

So I FINALLY got over the first obstacle, and guess what I decided to do on my second attempt at the next section? Oh, you probably guessed it. I pushed the all-wonderful back button. Which means BACK TO THE BEGINNING FOR ME AGAIN! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

rawkerdude5012
08-13-2009, 02:45 AM
What bikes are you guys using?

I got through what i thought was most of the level but i had to leave so I now have to redo it all but when i finally did get it i used the lower class one out the the 2 it let me pick from.(dont remember the name, and not at my xbox to check)

UCB Disco
08-13-2009, 04:13 AM
All right. I beat the level a couple hours ago, shortly after complaining the last time. hahaha. Literally, the hardest parts of the level are the very first ramp and somewhere a little after the middle where you start on that platform that's a little higher than the ramp ahead of you (Which, by the way, is RIDICULOUSLY inclined!). Other than that, the rest of the level was quite Medium difficulty. Just those two inclines made me want to choke someone. hahaha.

EDIT: Some advice for the first incline:
Position yourself at the bottom of the ramp, lean forward and full throttle. Once you get to the boxes, let go of the left stick and push back slightly. If you're lucky, you'll catch your back tire on the first box and roll the rest of the way up.

For the second part I mentioned:
Move forward and wheelie off the platform the same angle as the upcoming ramp. Use a combination of brake and throttle to keep yourself balanced as you slide to the bottom of this ramp. Once positioned and ready for ascend, try to keep your back wheel on the ramp at ALL times, that way you'll have a constant forward momentum. It might take a couple try to get the balancing down as you move up the incline, but it's definitely possible.

mozie
08-13-2009, 05:03 AM
kudos to anyone who does this lvl, i;am goin to have to give up on it before i kill someone, got as far as the red containers and ended up running out of time, never knew there was a limit of 30 minutes and 500 faults per level! I suck :(

UCB Disco
08-13-2009, 05:13 AM
kudos to anyone who does this lvl, i;am goin to have to give up on it before i kill someone, got as far as the red containers and ended up running out of time, never knew there was a limit of 30 minutes and 500 faults per level! I suck :(

NO WAY! I didn't know there was a limit! Wow. I think I had 250 faults, but man, if I didn't get the lucky sticks on a couple of those climbs, I would have easily hit 500.

bman3737
08-13-2009, 06:13 AM
For many of the jumps in the game (especially in the harder difficulties), the wonderful tactic of leaning forward and then gassing it and leaning back will help a lot. Also realizing that the throttle is pressure sensitive will help you a lot on the steep climbs.

Hope I helped a little :)

Evo Kazz
08-13-2009, 06:21 AM
I really suck at this game but I dont care its funny, I spent an hour yesterday trying to get up a hill, when I finally reached the top, I threw my hands in the air to cheer only to see my bike slowly start to roll backwards and back down the fucking hill as I stopped right near the damn edge.

So another 20 minutes pass and I make it again, finally, only to be greeted by another hill.....twice as big!!!!!

Norman Coxwell
08-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Ha when i saw this I thought there was a King of the Hill themed level.

Yova
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I've found the very first part to be the must frustrating by far, the rest of the track is complicated but not as hard

CaRvErS HeRe
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
ok this is pissing me off now lol i really cnt get passed the 1st part :@ arghhh

this is silly

CX CH
08-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Aarrgh Human impossible!! :mad: but i got it ;) after 500 times. But the expert lvl:s are really hard haven't even beaten one yet

FakePlasticTree
08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
King Of The Hill is nothing compared to the last two Extreme levels. I got almost to the end and then I hit the time limit and I had to start all over.

Phoenix57775
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok now I'm pissed, I fricken ran out of time right before I got to the finish line... really starting to hate this game!!

PNOIZ33
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
It took me a full hour of restarting, but I did it.

The biggest challenge is the first two uphill climbs, everything else in the level is manage able. Now I'm onto the Xtreme Levels, which I can't seem to get past mid-way on ANY of the levels. Trying to watch the videos from the Leaderboards, but can't seems to replicate them.

Best game that gives you migraines and hurts your thumbs EVER!!!

xX Adam 1993 Xx
08-14-2009, 12:41 AM
all i did was give it sh*t loads of throttle up the hill and ragg the f*ck out of the biike till it bounced over.

Mighty Seabass
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
OMFG whats the deal with this level im going to smash my tv i hate this cant even get by the 1st bit been tryin for ages :( game is good though lol

Teh BeZ
08-14-2009, 02:58 AM
honeslty fuck this level right in the ass :(

The Juice707
08-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Oh Lord! I just beat it. I went through one run and got to the part where you have to flip back to the raised level and ran out of time. 2nd time, I got it in 12.

JEDI JAWA
08-14-2009, 08:23 AM
fuck that level. 120 tries and 13 min later, not counting the 500 tries and the hour of my life i wasted before that!!!

hammycfc
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
334 fuckups and 25.04.227 sec and i got it yes thats was sick

mooongerm
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
hardest level so far...

the part where u drop down onto an inlcine with a container lip in the middle...so hard...cant get onto the second at of the incline..

Teh BeZ
08-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Holi shit i nearly doen it but the timer ran out :( i suckss at teh crappy track

pX I Atticus
08-15-2009, 03:09 AM
King of the hill: 89th dI Atticus Ib Faults: 10 Time: 02:25.946

Teh BeZ
08-15-2009, 03:15 AM
King of the hill: 89th dI Atticus Ib Faults: 10 Time: 02:25.946

Fuck me LOL. 0_0

pX I Atticus
08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
updated: 74th 6 Faults 01:55.167

bjh_27
08-16-2009, 12:41 AM
congrats!

i was pleased when my second go (after 28:30 mins and 402 fails first go!) I managed to get down to about 90 fails....gotta love this level :)

RFJo3
08-16-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm 94th in the leaderboard on King of the Hill. So listen up, I have couple of tips for you.

First, you should re-try the other level in the "Hard" section. I had a lot of trouble with the last level so I decided to restart from the top of the list and get them all Gold. Took me about 2 hours to finally get to the last level. Now that you have all the Gold medal, you should be pretty good.

If you don't want to do the levels all over again, here's the second tips. Before beginning KoTH, you should learn the "Ollie" method, which constist to lean forward, then push the throttle, lean backward and quickly forward. Big objects like wood boxes and sewage tubes will be easier to step over. Believe me, this method is really useful.

So here's how I achieved it. Just start and go in that first slop and try the Ollie. You lean forward then you push the throttle and you let it pushed. When your first wheel is near the boxes, lean backward then quickly foward. It works quite often if you do it well. Sometime, you will not completly over-gap the boxes but the 2 top boxers have a nice angle in it so you can just roll on it, leaning foward.

I know it is really hard to understand but try it and you'll see. First tip is really, really handly so you should do it because if you all have Bronze medal and you try KoTH, it will be a pain.

So I hope it helps a bit for some!
(Lol, I just register the forum for you, guys :))

malcher
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for help.
Any specific tips for the last obstacle (metal plank with ledge higher than the plank's ending and gap between them)?

Edit: Finally did it :) Kept slow for 3/4 of the plank, then went full speed. Front wheel got airborne, shifted weight to the front and miraculously finished it with 386 faults and time 29:11 :)

Teh BeZ
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
OMG EVENTUALLY NAILED THIS...

Best tip is to play with the throttle and dont always have it at top speed ..EXTREME Here i come !!

Rizzy93
08-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm ranked 800 and something on this and I agree with RFJo3 - what helped me is to go through hard and get all golds. I only need two golds from hard and obviously golds for extreme but the rest are gold/platinum. Getting gold/platinum will definitely improve your time and skill.

At the start, I find that the easiest thing to get up the first slope is to rest your bike at teh ground, throttle until you get halfway, release then throttle again and keep leaning forward. Speed isn't thekey to get up this bitch.

The only other problem I had was in the middle-ish, where you had to jump the two gaps in a row and you couldn't rest in the middle gap because it wouldn't work. Got it eventually though.

Blackberry
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
oh my good lord sweet jesus christ! i got so angry i booted the cabinet and it all collapsed tv 360 hd box the lot.. FUCK>> this game has tipped me over the edge im goin out now to kill someone, i dont care who it is..:mad:

Hobgoblin 73
08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeeeeha! Just completed this nightmare track! 191 faults and 13:57.541 :drunk
It is v hard but once I got the hang of bunny hopping, flicking left and right to lift the rear wheel it helped loads :Bounce::Bounce:

Good luck with nailing this track ;)

rhysduk
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM
At last! It took me 11m:11s but got there in the end..
What a bloody nightmare :D

DENAz666
08-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah its all in the throttle, you have to have such a light touch with it. Some area's need the perfect amount of throttle to make it over. And also learn how to make the most of a jump, just before you go off the jump, lean back, then forward and it will give you a little extra boost that can make the difference between getting over a obstacle and face planting.

Saying that though, i still got like 150 stacks... but thats just my advice :)

kasperway
08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
yee ha jesters dead, and it only took 15.44 and 172 faults never going back.

Mister Buds
08-23-2009, 07:53 PM
i will never get past this part with the planks and containers. fact.

edit: well, there goes my first 500 attempts. never even once made it to the second plank on the container. every single time my guy does a fucking backflip right off, even though i hold the stick towards the left. ridiculous. fuck this game.

Xbob
08-23-2009, 09:32 PM
yee ha jesters dead, and it only took 15.44 and 172 faults never going back.

thats what I thought when I first finished this level! hahahahaha

Now I've gotten all gold medals on Hard and finished king of the hill in under 2 minutes with only 5 faults (with 2 very stupid OWN faults in there) so its really doable

slmmzy
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
There's a part where you gotta go up a slope and backflip onto a higher ledge. I have tried for a few hours and I just can't do it. Would my bike selection make a difference here? Any tips?

dmister
12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Somehow just did this!

slmmzy
12-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Congrats, this is one of the hardest levels in the game.

YoungWarrior111
01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Just got this, unbelievable level, very hard, but makes you think you have actually achieved something when your the 'ding'. Had played it a few times, and got to the part where you gota backflip onto the next checkpoint, and accidently pressed the back button. Raging at myself. But today, I got it on the first go, guess I got lucky enough!

ValkyrieOne15
01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
wait til you get to "Inferno II"

YoungWarrior111
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Yea its pretty annoying, it really is extreme! Think I'll give up soon, unless I can fluke it somehow! Any tips? I read someone said A was gas but in a different gear and I dont see how this could be right, it certainly doesnt seem like it

mickspawn
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
i cant get this... even after 1 hr of trying.. wow

ThrustfulSteve
03-09-2010, 12:48 PM
stick with it people, this track is easy once you get used to it, managed to finish it with 0 faults the other day, bout 2000 on leaderboard, very hard but you will need the techniques used if you stand any chance getting past inferno II and diabolic

ThingWitch
05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Finally beat this track after screaming at my TV for about an hour. Overall time was around twenty-two minutes with around 350 faults. To be honest the replays were not actually that helpful. No matter how many times I watched someone better doing it i was still making the same mistakes and getting no closer to copying what they were doing. In the end a bit of luck and figuring it out for myself got me through it. The whole time though i was terrified that i would go over the time or fault limit. I probably would have done a lot better if i hadn't even known they existed.