PDA

View Full Version : Help with Great People: How do you make sure they count?

Joschwa
08-13-2009, 04:24 AM
I am down to only needing Agamemnon and Plato to get the Great Person achievement, however i have already had BOTH Plato and Agamemnon appear within my Civ.

Now, i have had Agamemnon twice that i know of, and i am not sure if i let him be traded off or not or the details of what happened with him, but Plato i settled for sure (playing through this evening). Furthermore, i settled him where he basically couldn't be captured and eventually attacked the last remaining city when there was one turn left and got a Domination Victory. Also, i saved immediately after settling him in case that has something to do with it.

Should i be using their "Super Powers" that do not settle them in a location? Or am i getting glitched out somehow? I got one of the great ppl i needed a few days ago and it added them to the wall, and i havent done anything other than play as usual.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

hartlekd
08-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I think you need to use them to finish a project and stuff for them to count but I'm not certain. I try never to just settle them as another civ will make a massive army while I"m developing culture and threaten me so I have to give them up to appease them

Mike Langlois
09-06-2009, 03:21 PM
In the last city i conquered on a game, it had the last great person i needed.

So he was under my control for the end of the game, but he didnt count?

Do they have to be attracted to you for them to count, so you cant steal them?

SpinelesS
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I just got my 2nd last Great Person (Aesop) I got him through culture, and all I did with him was Make him wait throughout the game (X button)

He is now marked off on the great people wall. Now I just have to get Imhotep.

xEndriux
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
For what I remember you can use them as you prefer
and they are added to the wall as soon as you get them

SpinelesS
09-09-2009, 09:50 AM
For what I remember you can use them as you prefer
and they are added to the wall as soon as you get them

pretty sure xEndriux is right, my last great person got me the achievement as soon as he arrived, not at the end of the game or anything like that.

Mufty1
10-18-2009, 04:10 AM
i am in the same place :( used a spy got my last GP have it on a save file. I have used him, left him in my city still after the end of the game nothin. what do i need to do.....

FeeFyeFoeFum
10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I can't be 100% certain as I never used Spies to steal GP's but I believe for a GP to count and be marked off your wall you actually have to attract them by having significant culture to attract them. Thats the only definite way I have seen to make sure they do count, stealing them or demanding them from others doesn't seem to count towards them in the great wall.

If you are having troubles getting the last few or last one GP, try playing for a cultural victory on Diety difficulty, it makes a big difference.

There is a thread here in this forum where people have posted about getting that last GP, check it out, it may help ya some.

FeeFye

Mufty1
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
GOT HIM thx alot dude 5 star sendin some lovin aswel lol xxxxxxxx wooooo 1000g's :)

Kyanite
10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I can confirm that Great People will not be added if you kidnap them or find them in a conquered city. I found Frederick Douglass and kidnapped Karl Marx, beat the game, and am still missing those two (along with Sargon, Aesop, and Nebuchadnezzar). I was/am frustrated when I went to double check my GP wall and saw those two blanks.

Hydrocannon
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
you there was a forum on this thread when i was playing, it gave me the hint of playing a low difficulty new game or scenario and getting the tech and era( just check the civliopedia about who you r looking for) that unlocked them. it's easiest during or b4 the second era, medieval right? it also doen't allow other GP's to come that you don't need. Like said b4 no spies, trust me on that one, plus achievement unlocks as soon as you get the GP.

UkBull3t
12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
They have to be giving to you to count, so no steal, no destroy city.

Another way to see if you have a GP is go into the civilopedia and go to great people, then when the RS button thingy is over the GP press rb and it should come up with information about them saying how much times you have collected them, and with some if they're in the game in another city it will say which city they're in so just leave the game if there in that city because you wont get them.

NOTE: not every GP does this i have no idea why but i guess they were to lazy to add or forgot to add