PDA

View Full Version : Who plans to be the first for Marathon Man?

Trips
08-13-2009, 06:54 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1114/-mM2PA==.jpgMarathon40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgThe player has completed the Ultimate Endurance tournament without any faults.

This tournament is extremely long and contains 24 tracks, the tracks are not easy and it will take a while! You have to complete all 24 tracks without a fault! You can take as long as you want on them, just make sure you do not bail!

Quoted from Mellar's Guide
--------------------------------------------------------

I know I sure as hell wont! I just went through the marathon and on king of the hill alone, I had more than 70 faults (and I still ranked in at 39!)

Also to put this into perspective for everyone... The top player for marathon has 43 faults... with the second best coming in at 59 faults!

Teh BeZ
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I dont have the game yet becasue i dont have a credit card so im wating for my code in the post ..meeehh.... but see this, is it easy med hard and extreme tracks ? anf if you bail can you restart that one track or is the whole thing ?

Mellar
08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I dont have the game yet becasue i dont have a credit card so im wating for my code in the post ..meeehh.... but see this, is it easy med hard and extreme tracks ? anf if you bail can you restart that one track or is the whole thing ?

I still don't know what tracks come after the tenth or so because I seem to just randomly screwing up :s You can not restart the tracks in a tournament and if you need to you have to exit and redo all of them again!

This achievement is that hard even the developers can't even complete it with less than 18 faults! (It was when they were play testing it, they may have gotten worse or better, I haven't checked the leaderboards!)

Xbob
08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
This achievement just sucks ass! There's no way anyone is getting this legitimate. Even if there was someone out there that could do all tracks without making any faults, no man existing does have a concentration span so big that he can do all those tracks in a row without making any faults...

phatmuther
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Never gonna get this one :( Ill get the Extreme one done eventually but not being able to start the level if impossible.

Major kudos to anyone that manages this.

Harry Rasing
08-13-2009, 12:06 PM
This achievement ruined the game for me already, stupid developers with there impossible achievements! :uzi:

xX Adam 1993 Xx
08-13-2009, 01:32 PM
This achievement ruined the game for me already, stupid developers with there impossible achievements! :uzi:
Thats is an incredibly sad reason to say a game is ruined. Just have fun. The games excellent. Its not all about the G.

ponypo2001
08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Its not all about the G.

On an achievment website,to a lot of people,yes it is.Still don't understand why people can't grasp this? Yes lot's play for fun and screw the score.The majority who post here,want their score and when nigh on impossible achievements come along,it does spoil a game.I'm a completionist as far as I can be so hate seeing 1 achievement that goes beyond just being a challenge.

Ths Marathon achievement doesn't sound possible without the most astronomical amount of luck and skill.That's not an achievement,it's a coronary waiting to happen for most people.Bad form I say,bad form.

B1indSide
08-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah, no way. It's impossible, the guy in first place on the leaderboards has 35 faults.

They should have made it a tiny bit more achieveable, like no more than 30 faults, or in under 45 mins. But 0 faults, impossible. And if anyone makes it, they are obviously robots or/and the luckiest person in the world. Or hackers... which falls under robots.

xX Adam 1993 Xx
08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
just a word of warning to anyone that gets this achievement. Dont bother trying as everyone on this website will get very jealous and call you a hacker/cheater when they need to understand someone will come along and they will be unbelievebly good at the game.

MR X 93
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sure one or two people will do it eventually, but that still is no reason to make this achievement. And to be 1/5 of the whole 200?! Proposterous.

Anyways, it didn't ruin the game for me, just peeved me

ponypo2001
08-13-2009, 09:02 PM
just a word of warning to anyone that gets this achievement. Dont bother trying as everyone on this website will get very jealous and call you a hacker/cheater when they need to understand someone will come along and they will be unbelievebly good at the game.

Actually,you will probably find the majority will pat you on the back and give respect.I can point to several posts I've read only recently where people have earned a really tough achievement and had a number of people post their support.

There will however,yes,be people who will throw the hackery card in the fray.It will however be a simple case of a peek at the gamercard to see whether or not it was a straight hack.The ones who earn it legit will be quite obvious.I still however don't think we'll see any legit 200's on this for a long long time.

A Spiderpig
08-13-2009, 10:45 PM
The Achievement is sick but the game is great. Damn i will never get 200 :/

Evo Kazz
08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Actually,you will probably find the majority will pat you on the back and give respect.I can point to several posts I've read only recently where people have earned a really tough achievement and had a number of people post their support.

There will however,yes,be people who will throw the hackery card in the fray.It will however be a simple case of a peek at the gamercard to see whether or not it was a straight hack.The ones who earn it legit will be quite obvious.I still however don't think we'll see any legit 200's on this for a long long time.

When I was one of the first to do Ninja Gaiden 2 I got great support here :woop:

pined5551
08-14-2009, 05:25 PM
i'm downloading the trial version now, tbh i too hate ridiculous achievements but i'm actually quite drawn to this one. Probs down to naivety etc but hey ho i'm gonna give it a shot. I have 3 weeks left to do whatever i want so this is at the top of my 'to do' list, lol.

EDIT:
hahha, soooo naive....

Genesis x360a
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
I got to track 19 then i bailed, Stupid arse friking game, this is one i dont think ill be getting, Only got 1 more track left on Extreme aswell stupid Groundday track.

tugboatman
08-14-2009, 11:20 PM
i would love to be the first marathon man but it aint gonna happen lol palms start gettin sweaty then habit causes me to press b or the back button lol

SCHNEIER
08-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Would not even try it. I think you become mentally insane if you keep trying and it allways fail in the end. Over and over again. Getting frustrated by the idea.

CaRvErS HeRe
08-15-2009, 10:59 AM
they could of at least had the achievement do it in under like 10 or 15 faults lol, then we might have a chance :P

Modin
08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm in second place atm. So I'll hopefully have the achievement soon. :)

NameTaken69
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I would have bought this game if there weren't any achievements! I know I won't be getting this one atleast.. hell, I can't even pass the first damn extreme trial!

Flash6289
08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Stuff that! Nuff' said... I'm happy with my 160GS cheers!

UCB Disco
08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
By far one of the hardest achievements on the 360. This is ridiculous. hahahaha.

Pyrochaos
08-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I wonder if you unlock some avatar reward as well. Maybe a gamerpic. If you got some helmet, or something that only can be earned throught that achievement I could see more people trying for it.

Harry Rasing
08-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I gave it one try to see what tracks were in the marathon.. But when I reach 'King of the Hill' again and made already more as 100 faults i stopped immediatly. This is no fun at all people!

One of the most insane achievements on the Xbox for sure!! :uzi:

Try to complete the last extreme tracks and then I'm done with this game...

DENAz666
08-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Haven't even tried it yet... i honestly didn't think it would be that hard... but soon as i heard someone say KoTH was in it i knew it would be impossible :P

lu3mm3l
08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
So, one week after the game was released and the first on the leaderboard is down to 10 faults. I give him (or someone else) a week to do it with 0 faults. Seeing the extreme maps done in ridiculously quick times without a fault it's just a matter of days now until the first one will snap this achievement..

PS: Won't be me. I still have to beat the last extreme level and the groundhog returns without position change. But those are doable for me. Marathon isn't.

Tom and Hari
08-20-2009, 04:57 AM
I see 4 people have it now.. Simply amazing!

Phrankus
08-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Where did you get that information? I'd love to see some links to gamertags..

Xbob
08-21-2009, 10:53 PM
www.mygamercard.net

Phrankus
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I getcha. None online.

Incidentally, a sickening amount of Halo 3 1750s and people who have played ODST remaining unbanned..

McApree
08-22-2009, 03:57 AM
I couldnt imagine getting this. probably better than sex, that achievement

NameTaken69
08-22-2009, 04:50 AM
I couldnt imagine getting this. probably better than sex, that achievement

A. You're doing it with the wrong person.
B. You're not very good at it.
C. Both A and B.

:p

UCB Disco
08-22-2009, 05:56 AM
A. You're doing it with the wrong person.
B. You're not very good at it.
C. Both A and B.

:p

That was mean. And very funny. hahahaha.

blitz7287
08-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Do u reckon they'll patch it when they realise how hard they've made it that nobody in the world can do it. bcoz surely they're not gonna leave it. if after like 3-6 months nobody has the achievement legit.

oh and btw what is the full track listing for it. i cant do most of the extreme tracks

EDIT: just checked now and someone has done it with 2 faults (19:54.955)

Nozza XBA
08-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Im not gonna even try and attempt this Chieve. I'll go through it as far as I can but I can only complete 1 Extreme course, so theres no way i'll even complete the Tournament!

Kodus to the 1st person who does do it thou' ..

Xbob
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
There's no extreme tracks in that tournament :) probably the most difficult track in the tournament is king of the hill :) and I've raced that track with only 5 faults so I reckon it can be done by a lucky bastard

Nozza XBA
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
There's no extreme tracks in that tournament :) probably the most difficult track in the tournament is king of the hill :) and I've raced that track with only 5 faults so I reckon it can be done by a lucky bastard

Really??

Well it takes the pressure off people and me a little .. but im still not that skilled to do it without any faults!

Aint gonna stop me from doing it though!!!! :uzi:

msbabc
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Most of the tracks are pretty simple. I'm no pro at this game, and I've done it in about 70-80 faults (can't remember exactly how many) which placed me at #350.

ObscenePenguin
08-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Me!!! I currently have 3 faults on the tournament. Ranked 3 on the leaderboards.

FakePlasticTree
08-30-2009, 04:58 AM
www.mygamercard.net
Lol, there are so many people on there who glitch achievements.

According to the leaderboards, someone has done it with 1 fault, and 18 minutes. I finished the torunament with 179 faults and it took 42 minutes. :(

I generally always fault somewhere on Rock Jump. I've only made it through there twice. Luckily after beating the extreme tracks I don't get frustrated with this game anymore. I just suck it up and restart.

ObscenePenguin
08-30-2009, 05:28 AM
GOT IT!!! LEGIT BABY!!!! about 100 trys, 0 faults 18:07.164 WOOHOOOOOO

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

madmankevin
08-30-2009, 05:33 AM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

awesome job man! awesome job!

FakePlasticTree
08-30-2009, 05:34 AM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Very nice. I see you on the leaderboards, you're the only one to do it according to those same leaderboards.

Congrats!

ObscenePenguin
08-30-2009, 05:36 AM
thanks, and for those wondering I can confirm you don't get anything with the achievement. no new gamerpicture and/or avatar awards

Evo Kazz
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Holy shit, I cant believe he did it, kudos man, any tips? can you do mine for me lmao (joking) well done, at least if they change it (which I think they will) you can stand proud you got yours proper.

FakePlasticTree
08-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Holy shit, I cant believe he did it, kudos man, any tips? can you do mine for me lmao (joking) well done, at least if they change it (which I think they will) you can stand proud you got yours proper.
Why would they change it? It's obviously possible, it just depends how dedicated you are to getting those 40 points.

lu3mm3l
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Awesome! You're the man, really :)

Teh BeZ
08-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Yaaaay glad someone got it !!

supakilla9
08-30-2009, 04:03 PM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

You, sir, are among the gods.

ObscenePenguin
08-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Currently in the process of making a video guide (for those that wish to attempt this) The guide will detail harder parts of 9 of the tracks and how I easily get past them.

Seddo
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Amazing job mate, well done.

Not only the first to get Marathon Man but also the first perosn to 200/200 the game.

Congrats again.

T675 Sparky
08-30-2009, 08:59 PM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!
I kneel for you, good sir. Very nicely done!

Xterma
08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Great Job penguin , i cant wait for ur guide , it should help me because i can do the first 10 or 12 without fault but the rest .....

Mister Buds
08-30-2009, 10:55 PM

NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

already said it on xbox live, great job, penguin. definitely an amazing feat. i knew you could do it.

i'm also sure that your guide will be great since you helped me through inferno II =D. it might even inspire me to give the tournament a couple tries.

ObscenePenguin
08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm getting a new capture device, the camera only works so well, you know... It should be hear Tuesday or Wednesday. The guide should be ready the following day. I plan on it giving tricks that I use for certain maps. Keep in mind following this will by no mean guarantee somebody the achievement, but it should definitely help out.

thistimeXitswar
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
A good friend of mine was very close to being the first, his g/t is L Harrison.

Sadly, someone with the maturity level of a 14 year old messaged him saying "Hows it feel to be 1 fault away from Marathon? I hope you did it on the last jump". KID goes by the g/t of RAWR IAM REPTAR . Sorry to turn a post into a rant, but I can't believe someone would be that pathetic.

ANYWAY, congrats to whoever got it first...very, very difficult achievment to get.

FakePlasticTree
09-02-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm getting a new capture device, the camera only works so well, you know... It should be hear Tuesday or Wednesday. The guide should be ready the following day. I plan on it giving tricks that I use for certain maps. Keep in mind following this will by no mean guarantee somebody the achievement, but it should definitely help out.
Look forward to it. As it stands that achievement will be the death of me lol.

slmmzy
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Congrats on being the first. I read on another site someone had cracked it and was surprised that the same person would actally post here about it.

ObscenePenguin
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
A good friend of mine was very close to being the first, his g/t is L Harrison.

Sadly, someone with the maturity level of a 14 year old messaged him saying "Hows it feel to be 1 fault away from Marathon? I hope you did it on the last jump". KID goes by the g/t of RAWR IAM REPTAR . Sorry to turn a post into a rant, but I can't believe someone would be that pathetic.

ANYWAY, congrats to whoever got it first...very, very difficult achievment to get.

i know how he feels. with all of the congratulatory messages i've recieved there have been a few hate/spam messages. people telling me i have no life or that i'm a loser. i do have a life, a fulltime job and a paycheck, i might be a loser but i don't pick on people over xbox through TEXT MESSAGES, putting them down for being better at a game than i am... come on people, grow up.

T675 Sparky
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
LOL at the kids sending hate messages. Jealousy much? They just can't take it that there's always someone better than they are.

thistimeXitswar
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
i know how he feels. with all of the congratulatory messages i've recieved there have been a few hate/spam messages. people telling me i have no life or that i'm a loser. i do have a life, a fulltime job and a paycheck, i might be a loser but i don't pick on people over xbox through TEXT MESSAGES, putting them down for being better at a game than i am... come on people, grow up.

It's sad that people that can't accomplish something turn to the person that can, and belittle them. That's the kind of thing that keeps me away from a lot of online multiplayer games.

ponypo2001
09-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I just say extremely well done and to anyone sending you hate mail,file it in the bin where it belongs.It always happens.Jealousy is a killer.Good on you sir!

ObscenePenguin
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I just say extremely well done and to anyone sending you hate mail,file it in the bin where it belongs.It always happens.Jealousy is a killer.Good on you sir!

thank you, i appreciate it. i've been blocking communications with the haters :-), makes me feel better. but all of the congratulatory messages i've been receiving far outweigh the hate messages, so that's nice.

good news everyone, the capture device came in today. i HOPE to have the video up by tonight but i have to wake up at 5:45 am tomorrow morning, so i need to be in bed by about 11:00. i'll do my best to get it out and i'll make a new post when it's up.

supakilla9
09-03-2009, 03:58 AM
I will be looking forward to that video.

Though, really, what it comes down to is just mastering each individual track. If you can do that without a problem, then 24 in a row shouldn't be too much a problem. Like they say, the key to victory is to win each individual battle.

Mookaw
09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
What i'm trying to do is doing it once a day and trying to better my score each time, hopefully I will have it eventually, but i doubt it.. congratulations to obscene penguin, takes some skill :)