PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?!

youre so bastos
08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Is it just me, OR ARE THE EXTREME LEVELS FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE?

I just spent an hour trying to finish "Goin' Up" and ran out of time at the final stretch of the level. After that, I'm convinced that the people who designed these stages deserve to be slapped/shot/castrated.

Anyone else feel the same?

Wael360
08-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm stuck there as well man... Probably at the same part as you!

I can't get past the part with the wooden box at the end.. my back tire keeps clipping the side and there's no way for my bike to get on top of it! ANNOYING AS HELL! :mad:

All about patience man.. You will get it eventually!

Mellar
08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Well believe it or not some people find the extreme levels fun :)

I have said this to many people, this game is for people who like a challenge!

Mellar
08-13-2009, 09:18 AM
The extreme levels are sweet !

Well there you go! Someone who enjoys a challenge!

Me on the other hand can not even get passed the middle or end part of Inferno II without using up 500 faults!

I'll try and explain which one with a shitty drawing :)

--- (fire) ___ (fire) / (explosive) /

If anybody understands what I'm on about I'll send you a cookie!

OnEdEcK
08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Is it just me, OR ARE THE EXTREME LEVELS FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE?

I just spent an hour trying to finish "Goin' Up" and ran out of time at the final stretch of the level. After that, I'm convinced that the people who designed these stages deserve to be slapped/shot/castrated.

Anyone else feel the same?

If you only like easy games.. you picked the wrong one mate! maybe take a chill pill then try again. Please don't go slapping people and chopping their cocks off ( I think its against forum rules)

Buronzu
08-13-2009, 10:20 AM

Send me a cookie. I've tried to replicate the technique in the leaderboard videos, and always seem to fail spectacularly. I've done all of the other Extreme levels, but this one seems nearly impossible... which will make it much more satisying when I finally beat it. :p

meatwad111
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
yea this game makes me want to go back to N+ and try to finish that haha

Seppälä
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
To be good in this game you need major skills and I like it. Have one track left on hard and I have just tested the extreme tracks and they are really hard, as it should be.

H3LL_F1R3
08-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I enjoy the challenge, but finding out i have a time limit and a foul limit last night was quite annoying. I don't know what I would have done if I had made it to the end and run out of time.

What's the point in the limits? The tracks are hard enough without them

Apple
08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I just completed the Extreme levels (didn't even know there were leaderboard videos). The last level was definitely the hardest to complete. This game can stay at 160 for all I care, that marathon achievement is impossible. Guy with the lowest faults for that achievement is 40, and you need to have 0.

Buronzu
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I also just finished all the Extreme levels, and as I predicted, it was damn satisfying. ;)

BemusedBox
08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
I just completed the Extreme levels (didn't even know there were leaderboard videos). The last level was definitely the hardest to complete. This game can stay at 160 for all I care, that marathon achievement is impossible. Guy with the lowest faults for that achievement is 40, and you need to have 0.

I feel the same an achievement for all golds would have been better still hard but i would have had a good go at it.

Trips
08-13-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm stuck there as well man... Probably at the same part as you!

I can't get past the part with the wooden box at the end.. my back tire keeps clipping the side and there's no way for my bike to get on top of it! ANNOYING AS HELL! :mad:

All about patience man.. You will get it eventually!

I was stuck on that part for a long ass time but today figure it out and now that was the easier obstacle to get over. The one that gave me the most trouble today was the final obstacle on Goin' Up.

The key to getting over the box is you hold back to pop a wheely, and once you are lifted up by hitting the box, hold back again to bring the back side of your bike back down. It's weird, you feel like you should have to hold forward on the joystick, but you really need to hold back on it.

Apple
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I feel the same an achievement for all golds would have been better still hard but i would have had a good go at it.

I think a much better achievement, to replace it, would have been Gold/Platinum all Skill tracks.

Y0UNIK0RN
08-13-2009, 05:29 PM
God were they frustrating! I did not even realize you could watch peoples videos till after I finished the whole thing. So many skills can be learned by watching those. lol but when I finally finished Inferno 2 I was ranked "69" in the world. Saweeeet. :p

EvilKatarn
08-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm stuck on the very last level. It's after the part where you have to do an incredibly idiotic climb.
Anyway the one I'm stuck at has like four or five pipes coming out of the ground, with dynamite boxes between each one. I've got no idea what to do, even after watching the leaderboard videos.
I've tried it 700+ times anyway.

youre so bastos
08-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I enjoy the challenge, but finding out i have a time limit and a foul limit last night was quite annoying. I don't know what I would have done if I had made it to the end and run out of time.

What's the point in the limits? The tracks are hard enough without them

I'm with you there. The limits ruined it for me. 30 minutes is not enough time to figure it all out haha.

I do like the challenge though, it just gets mind numbingly frustrating with some of the placements of the objects.

xX Adam 1993 Xx
08-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm with you there. The limits ruined it for me. 30 minutes is not enough time to figure it all out haha.

I do like the challenge though, it just gets mind numbingly frustrating with some of the placements of the objects.
30mins is more than enough time :confused: pretty easy to get over the pipes actually.

FakePlasticTree
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM

I think the time limits should scale with the difficulty. I have the last two levels on extreme to do, and they are incredibly challenging. This is one of those games I'll play for 30 minutes every now and then, but I can't be bothered to sit there for 3 hours trying to get up the same hill over and over and over.

Seppälä
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Did'nt get up the last "hill" on Going Up, time's up.
But now I should be able to get there a little faster though :P

phatmuther
08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
30mins is more than enough time :confused: pretty easy to get over the pipes actually.

Oh yeah, and doing Inferno II in under 2 mins with no restarts is easy aswell. :rolleyes:

Just because you or someone else has found something easy, it doesn't mean everyone else does/

xXI A ROD IXx
08-13-2009, 08:35 PM

Me on the other hand can not even get passed the middle or end part of Inferno II without using up 500 faults!

If anybody understands what I'm on about I'll send you a cookie! Thats the part im stuck at.

phatmuther
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Ditto.

:(

Bl00dy_DaY
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Thats the part im stuck at.

Stuck there too, so frustrating :S

T675 Sparky
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Thats the part im stuck at. Same. It's nearly impossible.. I want to watch that leaderboard run but I still have 10 mins left to try :p

UCB Disco
08-13-2009, 09:34 PM
yea this game makes me want to go back to N+ and try to finish that haha

Dude. N+ is a cakewalk compared to this crap (I've completed every single-player episode possible, including the Expert ones and all 3 DLCs)!

I like a good challenge, but these Extreme courses are ridiculous. Right when you think you understand the mechanics of the game, these levels throw IMPOSSIBLE stunts at you. If you consider the physics behind an 80 degree slope with a wooden box in the middle that you need to jump, need I remind you that YOU'LL HAVE NO FORWARD MOMENTUM TO JUMP THE BOX! I know it's a game, but when you advertise realistic physics, that's about as unrealistic as you can get.

tugboatman
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
i have to agree i have pretty much given up after it told me i had to jump over explosives backwards wat the hell, might try again later but i dont think either the wall or my controller can take much more of this

Bl00dy_DaY
08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Just completed them all, and right before the end I got signed out of xbox live... so now it won't date my achievement and put me on the leaderboards :(

Suki
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
i wont be doing the extreme then after reading this got other games i would rather play than just humiliate myself with crazyness amd smash my controller and get in a bad mood which is what will happen then the missis shouts at me 'just turn it off twat' , i dont mind hard games ive done all cod's on vet but im not up for impossible fiddly tricks.

deFault i2
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
im not going to say inferno 2 is easy. because its not. but once you watch a few of the top players vids. it shouldnt be all to hard.

FLO
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM

I honestly can NOT get that part either man. It's driving me nuts. If ANYONE has ANY tips for this, please share!

Ok, I finally managed to get over that second slope, and I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to end up (since there's no way to get any decent speed) so I fell in a spike pit.

All I can say is goodbye Wireless Mic. :(

phatmuther
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
im not going to say inferno 2 is easy. because its not. but once you watch a few of the top players vids. it shouldnt be all to hard. Yeah, and once you watch Beckham take a few free kicks you can do it too.

:rolleyes:

Advent
08-14-2009, 02:37 AM
ARG! It's so annoying!!! lol, but damn fun. I found myself at the very end of that one extreme level with the tilted boxes, trying like 300 times and finally saying "It's not worth breaking my controller."

But I know what you guys are saying when you say it's satisfying to beat the harder levels. I see the requirements to get gold, and I'm like "1 minute with no faults? Fuck you!" But when I do it, it's as satisfying as sex. (Sex of course having the lead there ;))

And in my honest opinion, I've never had so much fun in a game lately than when I played the Down the Stairs mini game or whatever it's called. It's a sadist's wet dream.

Buronzu
08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Ok, I finally managed to get over that second slope, and I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to end up (since there's no way to get any decent speed) so I fell in a spike pit.

All I can say is goodbye Wireless Mic. :(

You need to be going at a decent speed off the top of that second ramp, land on a small pipe in the middle of the pit, then bounce onto the next checkpoint (and an absolutely insane climb with a large vertical jump). ;)

youre so bastos
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM

It's easy if you got the hang of it. I don't. Haha.

Bl00dy_DaY
08-14-2009, 04:58 AM
It's not impossible, just takes some time (took me 23 mins for the last level).. You can do it!! :)

Xerone
08-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Yeah, and once you watch Beckham take a few free kicks you can do it too.

:rolleyes:

You, good sir, made me laugh. Thanks.

I haven't even tried the Extreme tracks yet, I am stuck on a couple of the hard ones.

>.> Should I be looking forward to them?

Otimus
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
There's difficult.. and then there's just plain ridiculous. Which a lot of this falls under :x

It'd have been a lot better if they had balanced it more, instead of going from 3/10 in difficulty, then right smack dab into a 10/10 on the difficulty scale :x

I like a challenge too, but, man, come on :x
A lot of this just frustrating for the sake of being frustrating :x

phatmuther
08-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Managed to do Goin Up last night in extreme, took a while at one point, but got there in the end. All thats left now is Inferno II :(

FLO
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Still can't get over that damn box in Goin' Up. Is there a trick to this?

phatmuther
08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Still can't get over that damn box in Goin' Up. Is there a trick to this? I didn't use any special plan, I just kept trying and trying and eventually I got there with some luck.

Best option though is to sort of bunny hop it. Accelerate and press left so your front tire goes up and you pop a little wheelie then press right straight after. After doing this 400 times you should get it like me :woop:

youre so bastos
08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
You, good sir, made me laugh. Thanks.

I haven't even tried the Extreme tracks yet, I am stuck on a couple of the hard ones.

>.> Should I be looking forward to them?

Yeah, you should be looking forward to them haha. But they're frustrating as hell, but a lot more satisfying when you finish them.

Dennoman
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Just finished 'em couple hours ago :) what a feeling :)

Hi im Klima
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Its sooo hard!!!!!!

Nastadon
08-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah I'm stuck at that same part.

I can make it to the explosive just fine. Can't get enough speed for the second slope though. Even then I don't think I could get speed to get to that barrel after.

15 minutes in right now, 183 faults. Not bad... :confused:

There any videos I can watch to get a feel to what I gotta do? Or what bike to use?

Hey got past it. Now to make it up this next hill...

Bearded Bugs
08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Its sooo hard!!!!!! That's what she said!

But anyway, I finished the extreme tracks earlier, they're tricky, but definitely not impossible... my final stats on "Inferno 2" are 129 faults, 10:35.382 and 112th on the leaderboard, I know I can get a lot faster and cleaner than that so I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I was number 1 on "Dreamscape" in medium last night, but someone's beaten me on it this morning. :(

FLO
08-15-2009, 04:15 AM
That's what she said!

But anyway, I finished the extreme tracks earlier, they're tricky, but definitely not impossible... my final stats on "Inferno 2" are 129 faults, 10:35.382 and 112th on the leaderboard, I know I can get a lot faster and cleaner than that so I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I was number 1 on "Dreamscape" in medium last night, but someone's beaten me on it this morning. :(

I was #1 on Trippin' the Plywood last night, too. But I'm #2 as well now.

Mc2006
08-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Finally made all the Extreme courses, i was so frustrated with that last part of inferno II, with the small bar in the middle. you just have to make enough hight with your backwheel to get on it and then move on to the next platform just before the finish line

seahn
08-15-2009, 09:09 AM
i actually love this game, but im having an issue with one of the extreme levels as well, its after you have to get on a platform by banking of a very rugged invert taking you backward onto said platform, then you have to try and go up hill on several bunches of crates, i cant get over than darn crate, haven't reached the limit yet, as i went threw to get gold on all the up to medium lvls, but im going to go back and try soon :)

Bearded Bugs
08-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I was #1 on Trippin' the Plywood last night, too. But I'm #2 as well now. It's a horrible feeling eh. :(

I can't wait to go for platinum medals on the extreme tracks...............

KnotOfScotland
08-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree lol, i was stuck on 1 certain jump on Inferno II for like 3 tries, wasting about 20 mins failing at it.

Then i noticed you can view replays on the leaderboards, helped a little, as i got over it EVENTUALLY the next try lol

OnlyRinaldo
08-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Inferno II was hard:(, but I complete the extreme tracks.

Rizzy93
08-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I've only done Groundhog Revenge (I think that's the level) on Bronze and the first one which I have forgot on Silver.... but my fault number was ridiculous. I'm getting the hang of them... just keep practicing.

Has anyone else tried Inferno II? I swear o God, I eached about halfway but couldn't get past this one bit so I just turned it off haha. My fault time was like 350 and 14 minutes. :/

Anglomaniac
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Hmmmmm, i agree with you all, very challenging on the extreme levels, but obviously not impossible, i personally found the last level on hard more frustrating than any of the extreme levels...but that was the level that taught me how to get past the over hangs, which i agree felt impossible at first, but trust me i know its hard too, but keep patience analyse the situation with somesort of logic and stick to the game plan, you will beat the game trust me.....now for that stupid 40g tournament cheevo, please wish me luck! lol, (Groan).

MC Kazoo
08-22-2009, 04:47 PM
I have had a few games make me really angry, but this is for sure high on the list. I'm stuck at the same place as most of you. Second Extreme stage.:mad:

ciccio2a
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Honestely, I've found it fun easy or extrem levels. Take me 4 days, 2 hours a day to complete all level. it's not impossible, just challenging. There is a trick for each obstacle you find on your way. Sometimes a little break or a little acceleration make all the difference.

T675 Sparky
08-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Great feeling when I finished Goin' Up with only 6 faults to get me the 66th spot on the leaderboards :woop: