PDA

View Full Version : Bill parcells retiring????

Cause
01-23-2007, 04:05 AM
As much of a cowboy hater as i am. I have to say that im sad to see good old bill leave the cowboys. I understand why he did that because they want to keep terrell ownes. But i though the coach is bigger then the team half the time but this time i guess im wrong.

IMportdreams95
01-23-2007, 04:22 AM
im sure there is more to this story then we will ever know. Bill Parcells is easily one of the top 5 Coaches. Maybe it was his time to retire. He's coached 4 teams. Done what he could with all 4. Hes almost 66 the man maybe wants sometime with his family.

Thanks for the great memories Bill, and congrats on soon to be Hall of Fame coach. :drunk

Shaaady Souljah
01-23-2007, 05:01 AM
19 years. impressive. and one helluva coach.

RadicalSniper99
01-23-2007, 12:58 PM
I really thought it could last another year. Through all the problems this year, it felt like this wasn't enough to really end it so soon. I figured the implosion in Dallas was at least another year away. Of course, you got to wonder if Owens will last much longer either.

I still say though...

Congrats to Parcells on a great career!

PerpetualHeaven
01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
TO probably wasn't even a factor. Parcells has dealt with worse players. He has been coaching for a long time, and maybe it's time to be with his family. Cower did it.. and a lot of other coaches have. Being a coach is tough and time consuming.

Kaens
01-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Good I hate Parcells. Thorn in my side for two decades. He didn't go as a result of the heart attack I wished on him, but I guess this is almost as good because then there aren't all those tribute shows I have to bear with ;)

bdg7884
01-26-2007, 06:52 AM
I seriously can't believe he retired... Now Dallas has to find someone else to put up with TO's shit. Hell I'll do it...

scoobydiesel
01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
This sucks i think, not a big cowboy fan but still...sad to see him retiring after doin as much as he could with his given situation.(it takes time people...)

but whatever one less team to worry about in 07

RadicalSniper99
01-31-2007, 01:49 PM
This sucks i think, not a big cowboy fan but still...sad to see him retiring after doin as much as he could with his given situation.(it takes time people...)

but whatever one less team to worry about in 07

I don't think this makes them less dangerous next year. Look at teams like the Saints and Jets this year. Both teams made the playoffs with first year coaches. I could still see the Cowboys being a good team this year. I don't know about actually winning it all, but being a waste or a crappy team is exagerating it a bit.

Baboonballs
01-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Unless they find someone who can deal with TO and also develop romo the boy's won't be doin to hot for awhile. That and fixing that O line would help too. But man, no parcells? I've got a bad feeling for next year...

Jordan7182002
02-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Lovie Smith for the Cowboys Head Coach :-)

I think it will be Turner though and I can see Garrett being O Cord and the Bears D Cord moving to Dallas.