PDA

View Full Version : Lionhead starts to tease new game with Che Guevara

KFZ Scrubs
08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/lionhead-starts-tease-new-game-with-che-guevara-$1318554.htm
Site of teaser:
http://www.lionhead.com/

Microsoft's Lionhead Studios has begun to tease a new game, presumably.

Lionhead Studios, headed by Peter Molyneux, who also became the creative director of Microsoft's European studios (http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-industry/peter-molyneux-becomes-creative-director-european-mgs-$1301317.htm) in June, has launched a new teaser page (http://www.lionhead.com/) on their official website.

It sports an iconic image of the Argentine Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara in addition to the following quotation with a 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' selection made available underneath:

"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love."

A number 6 or a single quotation mark is featured in the background. Get your detective hats on, because choosing 'thumbs up' takes you to 'followers' and 'thumbs down' to 'subjects'. Every news item then leads back to this teaser flash image.

We expect any Lionhead announcements will be made at the upcoming GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. It's six days until Microsoft and Lionhead's joint conference at GamesCom, Molyneux will be presenting, so that could explain the 6 digit in the background.

You'll notice that when you click the thumbs up or down on the teaser website, the background for each of the following sites are different. Just pointing it out :).
Like the article said though it's the difference between follower and subject.

Tatanko
08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm already excited :D The fact that Lionhead is venturing into new territory like this is pretty interesting to me.

Daiphyer.
08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Boy Peter Molyneux is a mindfreak. Release some information already Lionhead!

KFZ Scrubs
08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I love being teased....lol!
(prepare for 30 comments joking on this one statement)
But i just hope that it doesn't take forever to find out what they're actually teasing. Like i'm still wondering what the big announcement that Capcom will make that will blow our minds out!

Santa
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
This guy has nothing to do with the game, the game will be on horse riding but will tease Che Guevara, but he won't actually be in it.

Fable 2 anyone? I don't trust this gease anymore tbf.

Vendetta
08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Peter Molyneux = Douchebag.

I am not holding my breath any longer with any lionhead games as long as that douche is involved. He promised the world with the 2 Fable games and failed to deliver. Fable 1 & 2 both could have been epic but massive fail on douchebag's part.

Tatanko
08-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Peter Molyneux = Douchebag.

I am not holding my breath any longer with any lionhead games as long as that douche is involved. He promised the world with the 2 Fable games and failed to deliver. Fable 1 & 2 both could have been epic but massive fail on douchebag's part.
So he lies a bit when he markets games. Doesn't change the fact that the Fable games were good. They weren't mind-blowing or genre-dominating, but they were good.

Vendetta
08-13-2009, 09:46 PM
The fable games were OK at best. not even close to good or epic as they could have been if they were in the right hands. This is especially true with Fable II. Unfortunately I listened to the douchebag and have it on my gamercard and now I have to finish it off... Lionhead should look at what Bethesda & Bioware do before they make Fable III.

I believe el douchebag promised the combat was going to be revolutionary and that the multiplayer was going to be epic. Good job on that one petey. Ooooh look lets move the analog stick to attack! How freaking original and revolutionary!! Oh yes lets not forget that multiplayer was going to change the game. It changed it alright... lets make it so people can't wonder off by themselves but they have to stay in the same screen as their co-op partner.

And lying to the people buying your game is not a good business practice.

RadiantViper
08-14-2009, 12:34 AM
So he lies a bit when he markets games. Doesn't change the fact that the Fable games were good. They weren't mind-blowing or genre-dominating, but they were good.

Too each his own, but I never heard any of this guys hype about Fable 1 or 2 and I still thought they were bad. I really didn't like the various combat systems, or the interactions with NPCs. Plus making money was boring.

ovoon7
08-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Too each his own, but I never heard any of this guys hype about Fable 1 or 2 and I still thought they were bad. I really didn't like the various combat systems, or the interactions with NPCs. Plus making money was boring.
Yea, I loved The Movies and Dungeon Keeper... but Fable 1 and 2 even without his "you can do anything you want!" hype was still...just NOT an rpg. it was a 10 hour hack and slash with a twist. and whats up with his community? when I was following fallout 3 i visited their forum last year to see their community talk about how they "HATE fallout 3 !!! it r steeling fable 2s thundar lol"
and they had forum signatures like "which do you choose, light or dark?" with all this fan art and weird stuff... and the art style? I mean I like a good art style and this was a very bad one. It just grossed me out for some reason... those big ugly top hats and powdered guns with swords and fantasy creatures and colonial theme... it just doesn't mesh with each other. fable is the Halo of RPGs...it needs to die

KFZ Scrubs
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, looks like it isn't a game with Che Guevara..... this popped up the next day.
http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/14/lionheads-second-gamescom-second-teaser-is-robespierre/
So, i guess they're using famous people's quotes to hype of up their announcements which appears to be coming out in 5 days.

Nightbeam
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM
The Fable games were decent, however their selling point is also their downfall, Peter promised that so many choices would change the game and eventually he became neck deep in a pile of shit he couldn't get out of.

Syzergy 17
08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Man, I dieffinitley didn't think I was the only guy on this site who liked the fable games:P I though they were real fun...I was pretty dissapointed because they announced that there was 100 + hours of game play, when I got under 50, however I think they counted walking everywhere probably.... But I still thought it was fun and a great experience, although I felt number 1 (story and gameplay wise, obviously not graphics) was slightly better....