PDA

View Full Version : If Wolfenstein Beats Madden, Wolfenstein is Free

Pyrochaos
08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/08/504x_wolfmadden.jpg

[QUOTE]Raven Software designer Manveer Heir (http://kotaku.com/tag/manveer-heir/) has mounted a one-man Twitter Wolfenstein marketing campaign, offering to pay for your copy of the game if it manages to outsell Madden 10 (http://kotaku.com/tag/madden-10/).
Yes, he's completely serious folks. If the latest game in the long-running first-person shooter franchise manages to topple the game that generally dominates the month of August, he'll reimburse you the full retail price for Wolfenstein.
Here's the original tweet:
Here's the deal folks: if Wolfenstein outsells Madden 10 in August I will personally pay for your copy (keep your receipt) - SPREAD THE WORD
Since that original post earlier this morning, Heir has gone on the clarify details about the offer. For instance, reimbursements will take place on an international level, and he'll be using official NPD numbers to determine whether or not he needs to pay. Oh, and you need to follow him on Twitter to collect, so pay close attention to the link below.
It's a pretty bold statement, but I'd say that going up against Madden for the month of October with a first-person shooter is like trying to entice your football-loving spouse into sex with a striptease in front of the television on Super Bowl Sunday. It's futile, and you could get hurt.
Besides, if he has that kind of money to spend, why not buy a bunch of copies himself to pad the numbers? It would certainly save him a fortune in PayPal fees.[QUOTE]

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
hmm sounds amazing, now if people would just figure out that madden 10 is basically the same as 9 which they can get for like 10 bucks now we would be in business people

oh btw whats his twitter?

v SnOwMaN v
08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
hmm sounds amazing, now if people would just figure out that madden 10 is basically the same as 9 which they can get for like 10 bucks now we would be in business people

oh btw whats his twitter?

In what way is it the same as 09. Nothing about 10 is the same, wait sorry about that. The controls are the same, but that is it. I wish people would stop saying it is the same.

On topic though....I might go to local shop here and buy Wolfenstein and hope that it out sells Madden so that I can get my money back and buy Batman:AA. I already have Madden, so if this goes through then I will all three games I wanted for August.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
In what way is it the same as 09. Nothing about 10 is the same, wait sorry about that. The controls are the same, but that is it. I wish people would stop saying it is the same.

well my brother buys them and I swear there is not much change to warrant 60 bucks

gmorra
08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Well by the time Manveer Heir (http://kotaku.com/tag/manveer-heir/) sorts out all of our bills it will be 2012! Not only that, but he could also make excuses later on about having to delay the payment process until like 2 years goes by in hopes that we forget about it.

PLUS+

Wolfenstein can never and WILL NEVER out-sell MADDEN! Trust me...just the notion of it makes me laugh! It's just a gimmick!

ovoon7
08-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow... this is really... I'm not sure what to make of this :P
it's never been done before, thats for sure.

InfernoFrY
08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
So save your money folks, it's just a gimmick!

WTF? So we shouldnt buy the game purely because we may eventually get a refund?

I'm getting Wolfenstein because it looks awesome, not because I may or may not get my money back. I'm happy to pay 40 for it.

killerachiever
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM

On topic though....I might go to local shop here and buy Wolfenstein and hope that it out sells Madden so that I can get my money back and buy Batman:AA. I already have Madden, so if this goes through then I will all three games I wanted for August. dude its the same game you snap the ball pass or run and touchdown then you play d. same thing every year

Tj1zzle
08-19-2009, 05:12 AM
game is great been a wolfenstein fan since 92 when my pop tossed it to me via floppy.

well yea gmorra is def right it is a gimmick b.c we all know unfortunately it wont top madden in sales .. not to say dont buy it. i def recommend.

but dont forget madden is out on like every platform and wolfenstein out on 2 so no chips

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
08-19-2009, 05:16 AM
im buying wolfenstein either way lol

P1TTMAN
08-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Ahh.. what a perfect world it would be if Wolfenstein actually did outsell Madden...

Way too many people buy those crappy sports games as it is. :(

:drunk

Pyrochaos
08-19-2009, 07:09 PM
im buying wolfenstein either way lol

Same here. But it would have been nice to get a $60 check in the mail for buying it.

braedinfalln86
08-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Dont get me wrong sport games are fun but doesnt this sound a little untrue?

Salsa di Omega
08-20-2009, 05:24 AM
dude its the same game you snap the ball pass or run and touchdown then you play d. same thing every year

And all you do in shooters is kill people or things with guns while progressing through the storyline...all you do in RPG's is level up and get equipment strong enough to take down stronger foes...all you do in almost any game is a repeat of something you've done before, just expanded or improved upon.

P1TTMAN
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
And all you do in shooters is kill people or things with guns while progressing through the storyline...all you do in RPG's is level up and get equipment strong enough to take down stronger foes...all you do in almost any game is a repeat of something you've done before, just expanded or improved upon. Yeah, but the last time a sports game had an engaging storyline was...? I believe you just equated Halo with Sensible World of Soccer. :p

My condescension towards the Madden games probably stems from my complete disinterest in the convoluted mass of piled bodies and whistles that is known as football: a sport populated by overblown remorseless thugs who make it out of jail in time to be re-enshrined in the next year's slightly-upgraded, underwhelming, pixelated fantasy league fodder marketed toward testosterone-laden "average Joes" and "good ol' boys" who know entirely too much about said thugs' career stats and personal lives, all under the name of a fat old man who should give up, retire, and live happily ever after with his boytoy Brett Favre.
The only sports simulation I could possibly find myself immersed in would be a decent baseball game-- and there aren't any of those around any more (goodbye, MVP...:().

PSYCOPAPPY5
08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
game is great been a wolfenstein fan since 92 when my pop tossed it to me via floppy.

well yea gmorra is def right it is a gimmick b.c we all know unfortunately it wont top madden in sales .. not to say dont buy it. i def recommend.

but dont forget madden is out on like every platform and wolfenstein out on 2 so no chips im also a fan and wolfenstein is out on PS3 Xbox 360 and PC madden is out on PS3 Xbox 360 And wii aslo PC maybe im not fully sure but i think they maybe evin for platfroms.......

P1TTMAN
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Ah well.. I'm pretty sure the bastard retracted that statement (probably realized how idiotic it was: "If we make a huge profit, we'll give it all back!")