PDA

View Full Version : First Retail Game?

8EyedGiraffe
08-13-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm trying to 100% complete a retail game that I already own and so far these are all the games that I want to 100%. Please tell me the quickest one to 100% will be thanks. And tell me which ones I wont be able to get cause of DLC.

Left 4 Dead
NFS Undercover
007 Quantum Of Solance
Madden 09
Midnight Club: LA (Have South Central)
Halo 3 (Have all the Maps)
Assassins Creed

-Thanks

Vendetta
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Madden 09 will be the easiest one to 1K first by a long shot. You should be able to do it in one day, my buddy did it all in a matter of a couple of hours. Everything else to 1K will take a little bit longer than that.

Everything else looks ok with regards to DLC. Halo 3 will need the new maps that come when ODST drops.

Jethrow
08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
i notice all my friends have 007, but ive not played it so not sure if its the quickest

Pheonix_Assassin
08-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Maybe QoS and Halo 3 depending on Online Skill =)

8EyedGiraffe
08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Right now I will go for Madden 09 probably since i have 670/1000 and have 18/25 unlocked. If there is any more that seem pretty easy please respond.

-Thanks

Nerdz0r
08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Creed is pretty easy if you're willing to collect all the flags and I heard NFS is easy? Not sure.

Vendetta
08-13-2009, 09:53 PM
for a 1K NFS is a little tedious because of the online achievements. a couple of them take a bit of time. I would put Halo 3 and Assassins above that. I consider L4D pretty easy until you have to do the expert campaign achievements (I still haven't gotten those cuz my buddies have been flaking on me)

Kamakazi Pear
08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm trying to 100% complete a retail game that I already own and so far these are all the games that I want to 100%. Please tell me the quickest one to 100% will be thanks. And tell me which ones I wont be able to get cause of DLC.

Left 4 Dead
NFS Undercover
007 Quantum Of Solance
Madden 09
Midnight Club: LA (Have South Central)
Halo 3 (Have all the Maps)
Assassins Creed

-Thanks

Well the fastest 3 are: (in order)

Madden 09 (Depending on skill, it can be done in 4 hrs or so)

007 Quantum of Solace (hardest difficulty is a breeze, online can be boosted, but is great fun w/o boosting, probs 20 hrs can't remember)

Halo 3 (Straight Forward achievements, if you get the DLC those achieves are easy to... Time depends hugely on skill and if you can find co-op partners for legendary)

AC has alot of collectibles, Left 4 Dead can be extremely hard on expert, Midnight Club is a pretty long and difficult 1000 I think? NFS:Undercover is also fast, but I haven't played it so I can't give input.

Just a few notes. I have max GS on Madden 09, Halo 3 and Quantum. I found Quantum had a fairly easy and straight forward campaign on highest difficulty. Play Golden Gun for online credit achievements etc, it gives fast points if you are good at the online. It's very similar to Call of Duty, so I won nearly every game.

Halo 3 has simple achievements, you will unlock a vast majority with a guide for Marathon Man and the skulls. Play through on legendary with 3 friends and it'll be done it no time.

Madden 09 you just need a basic understanding of American Football, which I think you have? Just use the X360A forums for a few tips and the 1k is yours.

The only reason I don't recommend AC is because if you miss one conversation you will need another play through, it's very repetitive and there are a vast amount of collectibles, and if you can't find one even with a guide, then that'll waste even more hrs...

8EyedGiraffe
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Okay thanks for all of the responses so my order was Madden 09, QOS/AC, Then QOS/AC

N-Forced
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Need For Speed Undercover is hella easy to 100%, you can get pretty much all the achievements in about 3 days tops and that's with casually playing it. It's definitely faster then Assassins Creed don't know about Quantum Of Solance tho.

xI C0uch P0tat0
08-14-2009, 02:52 PM
I 1ked Quantum of Solace in less than a week and it's a great game.

Nightbeam
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Oblivion and Fallout 3 are simple ones, but require long lengths of time. Oblivion is by far one of the simplest ones, as it just requires you to complete the mainstory line and all of the faction's quests. Along with completing the Shivering Isle's DLC and you can easily get that for free by buying the Game of the Year edition, or just buying the original and renting a copy from your local rental store.

Mightymango
08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Of your list.

Madden 09 is by far the fastest, I did it in under 6 hours.

Veteran
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Undercover will set you back a few days because of the stupid: win 25 games and play 119 online games. Then, you have to win a race against 8 players. If anyone quits it doesn't count as an 8 player race. Tedious shit.

Halo 3 you cannot complete yet (max score attainable is 1575/1750) - New maps come with ODST enabling us to finally get the last achievements.

Madden 09 is a very easy and short 1000.

QoS requires a lot of online boosting.

Assassin's Creed has like a million collectibles.

Left 4 Dead you'll struggle with the expert campaigns on.

dakisbac
08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Having just finished Midnight Club 1250/1250 I'll tell you it's not the easiest. First it's one the harder racers I've played, when the CPU are in first they do not slow down to allow you to catch up (there's a term for this, but I forget) but when they are behind they speed up to catch you (another term, also forget) so it's basically unfair and you have to drive near perfectly.

And timewise, it's a long process. Getting all the tasks done for each race isn't too difficult if you're using the Ninja, but obviously since you're playing through EVERY TRACK IN THE GAME it's going to take a while. There's one online achievement (I think capture 100 flags) that takes almost 2 hours just for that (and that's boosting). The longest process I think was meeting the requirements to get challenged by the class champs (the guide has been updated regarding requirements, I corrected it)

Assassin's Creed is not hard at all. I completed the game in a speedrun in 6 hours (counting cutscene time, which you cannot skip) and I posted a guide for that here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55359) and overall the flags/templars took about the same time.

The only other game there that I've played is Halo 3, which is not difficult either. The single player achievements are easy and the multiplayer boostable. You'll be fine.

I rank them:

AC
Halo
MC:LA

Jimbob131190
08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Need for Speed is really easy just the online achievements take a while

Sizzlebuzz
08-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Enchanted arms is a quick RPG if you run through the storyline only. Every achievement is storyline.

8EyedGiraffe
08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Okay thanks for all of the replys and yesterday i 1ked Madden 09 which was my first retail game. Now I'm deciding on another should i make a new thread cause i will have different games or keep it in this one?

Terry Hunt
08-15-2009, 03:08 PM
im doing assasins creed at the moment it doesnt seem like a hard 1000 at all really only the conversationalist ach and the flag ones can give trouble.

JINYX
08-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Ya I just 1k'd AC. Not difficult but tedious.

SpartanPinata
08-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Quantum of Solace, easy, and it is simply the one of the best games out there. imo