PDA

View Full Version : Bungie Considers Halo 2 Revamp

helta_skelta
08-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, well, well from Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/08/bungie-ponders-remaking-the-first-two-halos/). Bungie considers revamping Halo 2 and Halo Combat Evolved for the Xbox 360. It was only a couple of days ago Halo 2 was discovered to be the real reason why your Friend's List on Xbox Live is limited to a hundred...

If Bungie are serious, then revamping could finally mean a set of achievements for these two titles. Shiznit, with Halo ODST and Halo Reach coming soon, I can't really see this happening for a while unless of course Bungie does not care about market saturation of Halo. Updating Halo 2 would also be Microsoft's perfect justification to increase the Friend's List which is "hindered' by Halo 2's Live Community according to G4. (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698157/The-Real-Reason-You-Cant-Have-More-Than-100-Xbox-Live-Friends----Halo-2.html) I personally would love to play these titles for achievements and have 1500 friends on my list while doing so.

got this off another xbox site this would be so cool. what do you think

Gorilla Stomper
08-14-2009, 12:03 AM
No, just no, bungie need to move on to pastures new, i'm sick of Halo games

Flik Nightshade
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
I have less interest in playing through these games again, BUT [and it's a big but], if they reworked them and added achievements to both, then I might be inclined to give them another play through. Ten bucks says they just put them as HD versions on the marketplace with no enhancements what-so-ever.

agentplatypus
08-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I'd buy them both.

RadiantViper
08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I've never played Halo 1 or 2. Well a little bit at a friends house, but not a whole lot. I'd rather they make a whole new game though.

MrGuitarZombie
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM
If they do this and add achievements then ill get them again :D New achievements makes me a happy lil zombie :)

syntax419
08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
No, just no, bungie need to move on to pastures new, i'm sick of Halo games

Agreed, and I think Bungie does as well. I'm pretty sure I read in one of Bungie's weekly updates that anything beyond ODST and Reach are pretty much up to MS from here on when it comes to the Halo ip, they're done with it.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind picking up Halo 2 mp again, and I'd be ok with playing through both of the campaigns again for the hell of it and for the achievements.

dakisbac
08-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Even a tiny touch up to the games would probably get me to buy them. I'd love to have achieves on the first 2 games (although technically I already have achievements for Halo 2) and ONLINE IN HALO 1. I'd probably get right back into Halo 2 online too, since I hate Halo 3.

Tatanko
08-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Dear god NO. We do not need re-makes of these games. I'd like to get achievements for them as much as the next guy, but LET HALO DIE ALREADY.

ovoon7
08-14-2009, 02:22 AM
oh God NOOOOO!!!
no more halo!

although the first one was the only one I liked...so maybe that one but 2 and 3 can go set itself on fire

supakilla9
08-14-2009, 04:49 AM
No, they shouldn't, I'd rather they make a new game.

Though if they must, I'd only be interested in a Halo 1 Remake.

VladimirK
08-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Ahh right...

So by, "That's the Halo games done after Reach", they meant, "We're just gonna go back and do up the older ones that you can play on 360 from the Xbox disc you already have".

arbiter4566
08-14-2009, 05:19 AM
If they added xbox live to halo 1 then I'd definitely buy it. Not so sure about Halo 2, but there's nothing wrong with remaking them.

elephantd
08-14-2009, 05:24 AM
god..... YES I love Halo2. My friends and I have spent many afternoons and latenights playing on turf. I Would buy Halo2 without a second thought. I wouldn't even care if it would cost 60 bucks.

asnaz11
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I probably would go through them again with achievements. I have the original Halo but my disc is very fucked, so it doesn't work, and Halo 2 is very slow on my 360, but still works. I sometimes play multiplayer with my friends, as I prefer Halo 2 multiplayer over Halo 3 (especially for swords, none of that "tie" bullshit).

jason86586
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
ive been wanting to replay the entire series again. Maybe this is what i need.

Bearded Bugs
08-14-2009, 12:31 PM
If this is true, it's absolutely fantastic news, some good times were had on Halo 1 and 2 all those years ago, and some HD remakes would be first-day purchases for me without a doubt.

Nightbeam
08-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Nobodies forcing you to buy it, and I think it would be a fine way to finish their run through with the Halo series.

Veteran
08-14-2009, 03:34 PM
I hate Halo tbf. But I'm all for it. The more games that are released means the more gamerscore that's eventually attainable. Go for it Bungie. :woop:

Like all these Guitar Hero spin offs and Rockband addons, I'm not complaining at all, yet some people are... Grow up. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

YounG SnappeR
08-14-2009, 03:34 PM
This Would Be Absolutely Amazing... Infact Me & Some Friends Were Talkin About This The Other Day As Well As Adjusting San Andreas With New Achievements, Online Co-Op, And Allowing People To Stay In Party Chart Would Be Great.

Halo 1 Is Great And Acheivements Would Give You That Exscuse To Go Play Through It Again.

Halo 2 Had My Least Fav Campaign From The Series But Anyone Who Was There Will Agree That;

Halo 2's MP In It's Prime >>>>>>>>>>>> ________________________

Veteran
08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
This Would Be Absolutely Amazing... Infact Me & Some Friends Were Talkin About This The Other Day As Well As Adjusting San Andreas With New Achievements, Online Co-Op, And Allowing People To Stay In Party Chart Would Be Great.

Halo 1 Is Great And Acheivements Would Give You That Exscuse To Go Play Through It Again.

Halo 2 Had My Least Fav Campaign From The Series But Anyone Who Was There Will Agree That;

Halo 2's MP In It's Prime >>>>>>>>>>>> ________________________

Please learn to type properly. Do you have any idea how hard that dribble is to read?

YounG SnappeR
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Please learn to type properly. Do you have any idea how hard that dribble is to read?

Well You're The Only Person Who's Complained So Far, Must Just Be You ;)

Veteran
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Yeah sure man whatever you say.

"5. PUNCTUATION - Capital letter and full stops are common courtesy so please think of others. Capital letters belong at the beginning of sentences or when you name things, not every word!"

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4867

Gorilla Stomper
08-14-2009, 03:45 PM

No really, that shits annoying, stop it.

YounG SnappeR
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah sure man whatever you say.

"5. PUNCTUATION - Capital letter and full stops are common courtesy so please think of others. Capital letters belong at the beginning of sentences or when you name things, not every word!"

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4867

Well Golly, I Guess You Learn Something New Everyday ! Thanks Bro.

Veteran
08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Well Golly, I Guess You Learn Something New Everyday ! Thanks Bro.

You're still doing it. :mad:

Bearded Bugs
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Halo 2's MP In It's Prime >>>>>>>>>>>> ________________________ Why do you capitalise every word? Just curious...

Oh, and no I don't agree that Halo 2 has the worst campaign, and yes I was there.

YounG SnappeR
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
You're still doing it. :mad:

Okay, here you go I did this especially for you, now how about you consider yourself a lucky boy and let the thread return to it's topic?

Purge
08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Veteran, He Doesn't Realise What's He Is Doing Eventhough You Told Him What He Is Doing. :p

Plus this doesn't mean that Bungie are doing it. We could get some new people on the job. I'd even like a port of Halo 2 on the 360.

TheFalcon
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
an xbox live capable halo 1 would be a dream come true to me. i still play XBC time to time to this day. greatest MP game ever IMO, and it was my fav campaign of the series.

halo 2 i would play strictly for the achievements. the campaign just isn't interesting and the MP is too aggravating to play. still better then halo 3 though.

Gaz DJM
08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I agree, halo 1 on xbox360 would be a dream. i'm still quite partial to halo CE i play it on the pc all the time and with more achivements thats another easy 1000 G

NowImDunn
08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
they should definetly revamp halo 2. they should have made clans available to make in halo 3, but they didnt which was one of halo 3's biggest downfalls. it would bring more competition, experience, and fun to the game. Acheivements too, of course.

Gackt
08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Those who want a "revamped" halo 2 can play it on Vista... graphics are a bit better then the original and it has achievements...

Aside from that I hope they leave the games alone

Bearded Bugs
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Those who want a "revamped" halo 2 can play it on Vista... graphics are a bit better then the original and it has achievements...

Aside from that I hope they leave the games alone Does the Vista version have HD graphics?

Karlos2121
08-14-2009, 06:25 PM
While I do like the Halo games ....own all of them. Played the shizznit out of Halo 2 when I had a solid core of 10 buddies on every night...But like someone else said..Bungie should move on with new games, and not waste time and money on old games.

I could maybe see a patch/update to fix the friends list limit, but really 100 spots are enough.

Veteran
08-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Does the Vista version have HD graphics?

Of course it does. PC's monitors are the same resolutions/if not higher than HDTVs. I run Halo 2 PC @ 1440x900 resolution, which is a lot greater than 720p resolution.

Vendetta
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Remake them both! I would love to be able to play the first Halo on XBL since XBC really really lags!!

Add achievements and I am sold on it :)

Bearded Bugs
08-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Of course it does. PC's monitors are the same resolutions/if not higher than HDTVs. I run Halo 2 PC @ 1440x900 resolution, which is a lot greater than 720p resolution. That's not a true HD picture though is it? 16:9 is a true HD ratio... but what I was getting at with the question was whether Vista's version of Halo 2 has a native resolution of 1920x1080?

Darth Grif55
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I'd re- buy them if they have achievements.

But I really want to see what else Bungie has up their sleeves. I want to see them start a new franchise. (I still love Halo)