PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction Hands On

Webb
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi folks,

Those interested in the latest Splinter Cell can check out our hands on preview now. Up on the main page.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3310-Splinter-Cell--Conviction-Hands-On---Pushing-the-Sandbox-Aspect-to-its-Limits.html

I'm also open to any questions and if I can answer them, I will. However most of the info is covered in the two previews we've posted recently. Still, the offer still stands.

Cav Clayton
08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Hopefully this will quiet down the whole 'Mark and Execute will ruin the game' thing.

You've got me excited all over again :P

Pearson
08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
As you stated you in your article about the Malta level not being very stealthy, but did Ubisoft hint in any way that there will be more stealth elements to the game?

Webb
08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I think they're trying to maintain a healthy balance from what I could gather. So if someone wants to be stealthy, you can do that, and if people just want to be aggressive, they can do that also. It's all about giving the player choice.

It is possible to do the Malta level without essentially being seen, but you've got to be smart, patient and you will have to take down a few targets on the way. The only bit of the level that I think you may struggle doing stealthily is the last bit ... lots of guys with lots of guns, but you can open the window and sneak round the edge.

Pearson
08-16-2009, 10:56 PM
That sounds good to me, I like having the choice of how I want to do the mission and not being dictated in how I need to do it. I'm glad that Ubisoft wants to give the player different options on how to approach each mission. It's good that there is a balance of stealth and rushing in guns blazing.

jason86586
08-18-2009, 08:20 AM
This game is just looking better and better. Thanks Webb for writing this up, i really appreciate it.