PDA

View Full Version : Sega poll for next XBLA game!

KFZ Scrubs
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
http://genesispoll.com/
For everyone who wanted a remake of their favorite Sega game.... this is your time to voice what you want.
Pick from these 7 games.... personally i'm leaning towards Earthworm Jim...
*edit
I still don't know how to vote, as i'm still trying to figure that out myself. It says just click on it to vote... but it's not working for me.

Purge
08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Earthworm Jim was a fantastic game, let me see the other choices though.

EDIT:
Yeah, Earthworm Jim all the way.

dirge
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Wonderboy obviously!

L Demonic I
08-14-2009, 07:55 PM
How do you vote? I think the poll is over.

Stifler4Life
08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Probably Earthworm Jim, but I could side for Toejam and Earl...

sweatdog
08-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I prefer Shining Force, but since it's available on the Sonic collection, I must agree on Earthworm Jim.

YogiB
08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
I hope ToeJam & Earl wins and you can play it co-op over xbox live... But Earthworn Jim is fun too so I don't mind if that win^^.. But how do you vote o.o

ToasterBread
08-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Jim for the Win!

punker
08-14-2009, 08:42 PM
How do you vote? I think the poll is over.

Nah, it's still going on. It says on the page that it just started today and will run for one week.

Man, I'm torn between Earthworm Jim and ToeJam & Earl...

[Waggly Bean]
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Earthworm Jim was a great game, don't get me wrong, but c'mon, Toejam and Earl was practically designed for XBLA!

Co-op over Live, achievements for using each type of present, achievement for finding the secret level 0, achievement for completing the game with Earl and separately with Toejam (I only ever did it once! :p)....

Toejam & Earl hands down. :D

Gohan Reborn
08-14-2009, 09:05 PM
I voted earthworm Jim.

It honestly looks like the only 2 games that have a chance is earthworm Jim, and Toejam & Earl.

EJ - 41%
Toejam - 21%

A difference of about 500 votes...

KFZ Scrubs
08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I voted earthworm Jim.

It honestly looks like the only 2 games that have a chance is earthworm Jim, and Toejam & Earl.

EJ - 41%
Toejam - 21%

A difference of about 500 votes...
Lol, don't want to sound like a noob, but how did you vote?!
I clicked on the game i wanted to vote for.. but nothing happened.

Son of Kyuss
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I voted for Earthworm Jim, I have many fond memories of playing it over at my friend's house.

Baryonyx
08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Toejam and Earl would rock, but Earthworm Jim is played out.

[Waggly Bean]
08-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Lol, don't want to sound like a noob, but how did you vote?!
I clicked on the game i wanted to vote for.. but nothing happened.

There's a radio button next to each pic! Just click it, then vote now! :D

hectorpuppet
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
This is in celebration of the Genesis' 20th Anniversary, which really makes me feel old. I was 14 that year, and I worked in the fields that summer so I could buy a console.

Revenge of Shinobi is my #1 favorite Genesis game, so that's what I voted for. Shame it won't win.

Darth Grif55
08-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I picked 'Earthworm Jim'. I never played it but it looks fun.

[Waggly Bean]
08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Well I was just talking to ToasterBread about TJ&E being great, and I decided I should post the video here, just to show everyone why TJ&E deserves to win.

- The gameplay.
- The humour.
- Brilliant soundtrack
- Two player co-op
- Drop in and out of splitscreen
- Two players have the ability to free-roam regardless of the other one, even if it means being on a completely different level!
- Great Characters
- Santa
- In-between level conversations

The list could go on!

Tell me this isn't great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfzAwM5JaA

A Satyr
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I voted TJ & E, but Jim is going to own all... they need to release both of them

InkedUp
08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Voted ToeJam & Earl. Loved that game when I was a kid

ToasterBread
08-14-2009, 10:36 PM
I picked Jim but TJ and E would be amazing for XBLA they need to add both, Golden Axe II, Shining Force, and most of the others are already on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection so a remake for those games arn't really needed.

Th33Troop33r
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Earthworm Jim or ToeJam and earl :)

ThaFireman
08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Earthworm Jim. Hands down.

elephantd
08-15-2009, 03:39 AM
streets of RAGE.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-15-2009, 03:50 AM
I voted Earthworm Jim and looking at the results .... its winning xD

J0shUK
08-15-2009, 03:55 AM
ToeJam and Earl because I want to try it out :)

If I'm honest, I think 2 or 3 of these titles will be put on the XBLA anyway.

[Waggly Bean]
08-15-2009, 09:32 AM
If I'm honest, I think 2 or 3 of these titles will be put on the XBLA anyway.

Well tbh I was thinking about it and I'd assume that if they have them on the list, they have them pretty much ready to go. So I'd hope that ALL of them will be coming at some point.

But being as TJ&E is 2nd, I would hope that that will be released fairly quickly after Earthworm Jim, which is obviously going to win... ;)

Cacky
08-15-2009, 09:35 AM
I haven't played any of those games. :(

I would like to see Rolo to the Rescue on XBLA, I loved it when I was younger.

J.Waddo
08-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Earthworm Jim is the only one I have played, so EJ FTW!

Pheonix_Assassin
08-15-2009, 09:46 AM
None of them on that poll i would buy =(

[Waggly Bean]
08-15-2009, 10:15 AM
None of them on that poll i would buy =(

Really? Man, you need to be SEGA'd!

KFZ Scrubs
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Ohhh man, just voted for Earthworm Jim... thanks Waggly
YEA EARTHWORM JIM!

xCHICKEN DIXx
08-15-2009, 01:33 PM
they left a few game's out in my opinion like kid chameleon or strider and if i remember correctly sega had a version of sunset rider's but it only had two people as the snes version had four two with pistol's and two with shotgun's or spread been trying to get them for age's to bring it out for the xbla but i voted for golden axe 2 even tho i have it on the wii and if there going to release street's of rage why not give us the third one as well

[Waggly Bean]
08-15-2009, 02:57 PM
they left a few game's out in my opinion like kid chameleon or strider and if i remember correctly sega had a version of sunset rider's but it only had two people as the snes version had four.

Well, all the games listed for voting are developed and published by SEGA.
Kid Chameleon is the same I think, so fair enough, but Sunset Riders is made by Konami not SEGA, and Strider I believe is made by Capcom, so again not SEGA.

I doubt SEGA can put up games that they don't own the rights to! :p

Same goes for Rolo to the Rescue that someone posted earlier. If my memory serves me rightly, that was an EA game, so again SEGA wouldn't have the rights for it. I'd definitely like to see Rolo on XBLA though having said that! :D

Terry Hunt
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM
it has got to be wonderboy that was the game that made me a lover of gaming and is AWSOME c'mon guys forget jim and toejam&earl they r old hat its all about wonderboy

punker
08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
;2264246']Well, all the games listed for voting are developed and published by SEGA.
Kid Chameleon is the same I think, so fair enough, but Sunset Riders is made by Konami not SEGA, and Strider I believe is made by Capcom, so again not SEGA.

I doubt SEGA can put up games that they don't own the rights to! :p

Earthworm Jim was developed by Shiny and published by Playmates Interactive... and it was also released for the SNES back in the day.

[Waggly Bean]
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Earthworm Jim was developed by Shiny and published by Playmates Interactive... and it was also released for the SNES back in the day.

Oh yeah good point, that is strange. I'm pretty sure all of the previous XBLA SEGA classics have been SEGA's own games.

Oh actually thinking about it Gunstar Heroes was Treasure wasn't it?

I guess it all depends then - looks like in some cases SEGA own all the rights even if developed by a third party.

Hollywood!
08-24-2009, 07:25 PM
As all may have already noted.
Earthworm Jim will be on XBL eventually, as mentioned by a different developer.
Toejam & Earl won the reset poll, but all we know for now, is that the game will hit XBL soon.

I sure hope they keep the awesome split-screen feature that the original game had.
Updating the graphics would be gravy, but, if they aren't, it still will NOT stop me from scooping this sucker as soon as its available on the marketplace.

v_thorne
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Damn whoever necro'ed this thread.

I was looking all around wondering why I couldn't vote. I guess Toe Jam and Earl are the next XBLA title. FUCK. I really want Earthworm Jim!!! :mad::mad::(

velho lobodomar
08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
anybody know if they will remake the game, or just throw it as it is, just like almost all of sega“s games on xbla?

punker
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I was looking all around wondering why I couldn't vote. I guess Toe Jam and Earl are the next XBLA title. FUCK. I really want Earthworm Jim!!! :mad::mad::(

As I'd said earlier in this thread, I was torn between ToeJam & Earl and Earthworm Jim. I'm glad TJ & E ended up winning, since it was announced a week or so ago that Jim is coming to the XBLA anyway:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/08/18/update-genesis-poll/

Unfortunately, due to a licensing issue, we are no longer able to offer Earthworm Jim as an option in our poll. It was announced earlier today that Gameloft will be bringing Earthworm Jim to Xbox Live Arcade along with several other platforms. We are excited that our fans will soon be able to play this game.

IDunc
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I would have voted Earthworm Jim, but the poll is closed. I used to love that game so much. WTF is ToeJam and Earl?

The Kenz
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
WTF is ToeJam and Earl?
It's bad. Really bad. I got it on the Wii Virtual Console a couple of years ago and it's aged terribly. People will be disappointed if they take the rose-tinted shades off.

The sequel is a lot better, but even that's really bad now.

[Waggly Bean]
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
It's bad. Really bad. I got it on the Wii Virtual Console a couple of years ago and it's aged terribly. People will be disappointed if they take the rose-tinted shades off.

The sequel is a lot better, but even that's really bad now.

You're wrong. :p

1. The sequel was never better. It was style over substance.
2. The game has aged fine. It may not be amazing but the co-op is where it really shines.
3. I've played it recently on Virtual Console too. It was still awesome.
4. It will (or at least should be) 400MSP. That's £3 for an awesome game re-released with achievements? Sounds good to me! :D

Either way, it looks like BOTH Earthworm Jim and Toejam & Earl are heading to XBLA soon, so the TJ&E haters can enjoy their bit of Jim instead. Personally, I will be buying and loving both games! ;)

The Kenz
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Fair enough...personally, if I had to spend £3 on something slow and ugly, I'd rather get a return bus ticket. It'd probably be more enjoyable than Toejam and Earl at least.

Waggaz
08-25-2009, 06:26 AM
toejam and earl won... aww...

KFZ Scrubs
08-29-2009, 01:52 AM
toejam and earl won... aww...

OHhh what... really?!
Last i checked on the poll, EarthWorm Jim was fucking winning!
Plus i read an article on the website saying that they're making one for xbla right now!?!
Ugh.... i'm gone for a week and i don't know wtf is happening

ApochWeiss
08-29-2009, 07:41 AM
OHhh what... really?!
Plus i read an article on the website saying that they're making one for xbla right now!?!

Earthworm Jim was pulled and the poll was started over. Apparently Sega lost the rights and didn't know or something. Check the news article in the archives of the site, it has more information about what happened there.

[Waggly Bean]
08-29-2009, 08:38 AM
OHhh what... really?!
Earthworm Jim was pulled and the poll was started over. Apparently Sega lost the rights and didn't know or something. Check the news article in the archives of the site, it has more information about what happened there.

This is good news guys. As much as I've read, it means that EWJ was pulled because it is already coming to XBLA, and then TJ&E won the poll so that'll be coming to XBLA. So we get both great games! :D

So there's no need to cry! :p

KFZ Scrubs
08-29-2009, 04:09 PM
;2305136']This is good news guys. As much as I've read, it means that EWJ was pulled because it is already coming to XBLA, and then TJ&E won the poll so that'll be coming to XBLA. So we get both great games! :D

So there's no need to cry! :p
Ohhh,lol
ok.
I didn't know..... that was the first thing i read when i came back so i was like no way wtf!

Hollywood!
12-02-2009, 05:29 AM
So, did I hear that we won't be getting either now?
Sounds like SEGA dropped the ball and aren't bothering to get the rights to the characters from either of the games we were interested in (TJ&E and EWJ).

SEGA?

[Waggly Bean]
12-02-2009, 04:33 PM
So, did I hear that we won't be getting either now?
Sounds like SEGA dropped the ball and aren't bothering to get the rights to the characters from either of the games we were interested in (TJ&E and EWJ).

SEGA?

Wha? Where'd you read/hear that? Got a source?

I'll be pissed if this is true. Especially if it means I don't get me some Earl-love... :(

TheChupacabra10
12-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Go Earthworm Jim, cant go wrong with that

IM kind of liking the idea it will come only now to be crushed that it wont lol