PDA

View Full Version : A**holes in XBL, threating you

Daiphyer.
08-15-2009, 01:11 AM
This mostly happens when I join a gang in SR, people just start spamming messages to me like "Your Gang is C-U-N-T!" "F-uck you, you all suck" "F*ck up yer shirt a*shole" and ....

Today a guy messaged me, insulting me, and then I got real angry I went back at him, then he told me to join a party to fight, I was like WTF ?! Join a party to fight ?! What is this third grade ?

Has this happened to you ?; and what's your opinion about it?

My Opinion -- XBL needs to ban this people, they're just ruining XBL, and it's like XBL is almost full of them!

EDIT: sorry sorry! Didn't see the games section above, any mods kindly just move it to Xbox 360 general, sorry again!

Wii187
08-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Since you played against this person you have the option to file a complaint which is the first step to getting this person suspended.

ShadyChicano
08-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Since you played against this person you have the option to file a complaint which is the first step to getting this person suspended.

Thats called snitching

Alice in Wonderland
08-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Thats called snitching

Who cares, it's good to punish a**holes sometimes. Some of them are particulary really annoying. I would get him suspended without feeling guilty at all.

J0shUK
08-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Meh, online gaming. This is something that will always exist in it. You will never be able to get rid of it. Myself, I ignore it and deal with it that way. No point fretting over it.

Bleeding Star
08-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I remember on Shadowrun we were bleeding out our own team because quite frankly they sucked ass at the game, and some dude was asking where we lived and he supposidly lived down the road from us

he then went on to threaten to knife us when we left the house etc etc trying to act the tough guy before saying

"ill come stab you later, first my mum wants me to clean my room"

or words to that affect, laughed so much at the kid

dakisbac
08-15-2009, 02:08 AM
You're surprised? You'll find these assholes all over Live, but they're more concentrated on games like Saints Row and GTA

Coadster1
08-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Simply file a complaint on them. All done, problem solved. :)

SetsunaFSeiei
08-15-2009, 03:48 AM
You could simply ignore them

I get hate mail often , playing Blazblue or MvC2

"OMG you spamming noob" or " Learn how to play" Its funny how people react whenever they suck at game , dont let it get to ya

J0shUK
08-15-2009, 04:01 AM
It helps to turn off notifications too, so you don't get distracted/annoyed by receiving the messages.

Violet Grim
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Unfortunately, there are a**holes on xbl just like there are a**holes in real life. It's just that the ones on xbl think they can hide behind the anonymity of their gamer tag, which is why they behave so horribly.

It's worse if you're a girl, not only do you get the guys who hate losing, threatening to come around and r*** you, but you get the dicks who think they are being funny, yelling, "show us yer tits!" and things like that. Or sending you photos of their oddly misshapen genitals... Not sure how that's supposed to be impressive, but anyways.

When I play online, the mute button is my friend. :D

Veteran
08-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Swearing isn't filtered on this forum, for fuck sake please stop using asteriks to cover up the swear words! Your mother isn't going to read your posts, y'know.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Unfortunately, there are a**holes on xbl just like there are a**holes in real life. It's just that the ones on xbl think they can hide behind the anonymity of their gamer tag, which is why they behave so horribly.

It's worse if you're a girl, not only do you get the guys who hate losing, threatening to come around and r*** you, but you get the dicks who think they are being funny, yelling, "show us yer tits!" and things like that. Or sending you photos of their oddly misshapen genitals... Not sure how that's supposed to be impressive, but anyways.

Guys do that ? What has our world come to @///@

FourChan
08-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Who cares, it's good to punish a**holes sometimes. Some of them are particulary really annoying. I would get him suspended without feeling guilty at all.

She's right, but think of this, even as you are snitching on them, they probably are all filing complaints on you for no reason. So snitching is a positive thing.

ImpendIn_Agony
08-15-2009, 07:55 AM

Lol Misshapen genitals.. ...classic comment , just classic.
But yeah there is a problem with people like this XBL, You just have to make sure you handle them accordingly avoid, block communications and report them when necessary. Just like in real life you wouldn't want to deal with most people Xbox is no different.

XxDarkMaster1xX
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Some asshole sent me a message after I kicked his ass in Red Faction basically saying I have no life.I just replied back saying "Good sir are you simply insulting me because of the failure you was in Red Faction?".He replied back saying "What was that get that dick off your hand I can't understand wht the fuck your saying". _

Azrael008uk
08-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Ahh the internet.

Thanks to the anonymnity it affords it's nothing more than a license to talk sh*t.

Az

martnic
08-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Swearing isn't filtered on this forum, for fuck sake please stop using asteriks to cover up the swear words! Your mother isn't going to read your posts, y'know.

True, but maybe some of us that are parents might be trying to bring our children up the right way and don't really need it in our childrens faces.

Flik Nightshade
08-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't even think I could count the amount of times I've had people send me messages or scream in in-game chat that they're going to come burn my house down, rape my mother, sodomize me, or generally brutalize my whole family. It's one thing to talk smack on the internet. We all expect it and sometimes when it's clever it can even be amusing, but just screaming about killing random anonymous person just gets to be ridiculous.

P.S:
"Get Raped" is played out. Stop saying it.
Thanks,
The Internet

True, but maybe some of us that are parents might be trying to bring our children up the right way and don't really need it in our childrens faces.

If you're going to go to the effort of working the words into your post and then partially block it out, just say the damn word. It's not fooling any of us and it sure won't fool your kids.

Daiphyer.
08-15-2009, 11:42 AM

Yea, and that makes me feel real sorry for girls who play online.
Those filthy bastards ... :chair

I know how to file a complaint on 'em, or block 'em ... But if anyone insults my family then I HAVE TO get back at 'em.

But MS doesn't really do anything on complaints! I know a guy who wanted his gamertag to be banned, and he called his whole friends list to file a complaint on him, and after we all filed a complaint on him, only his reputation decreased ... :wtf

@Veteran (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=198148), I thought it is, so I just censored it not to get banned.

Jimbo76
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I have been spammed a couple of times playing gears 2. i must of killed the dude or something. o yeah i got called an English wa*ker or something along those lines because i killed a guy on perfect dark with a sword. lol

Zorlance
08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Everytime I play Street Fighter or Gears of War 2 I get hate messages, funnily enough I also get the most friend requests from those games too (not that they ever get accepted). If someone sends me a message like that, I simply File Complaint, Block Communications and move on.

Nerdz0r
08-15-2009, 07:25 PM
When ever someone team kills me in HC S&D, which is usually a clan of about two wanting the bomb, I get my fellow friends, which is usually 2-3 other players that are in the match the kill them. Then they usually follow sending abusive messages about how the Queen is stupid and how I drink tea. Then they ask to go into their party which follows them talking the same shite even though they started it. I've concluded that they're all 12 years old and are not worth the time.

Stufin135
08-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I have been spammed a couple of times playing gears 2. i must of killed the dude or something. o yeah i got called an English wa*ker or something along those lines because i killed a guy on perfect dark with a sword. lol
That one gets old quick.

Once when two Americans said that to me on gears, one of them went "yeah your shitty economy makes you suck at everything". The other who was obviously smart (or smarter) called that one a jackass and to actually learn something before stating it as a fact. He started going on at him saying "actually their economic state is much better than ours at the time yada yada yada".

They stopped arguing with me and then started between themselves. I tried but they wouldn't start on me and just carried on between themselves. They must have been TIMMAY needs.

Da_moopintot
08-15-2009, 09:18 PM
yea i've mainly noticed those kinds of people in GTA 4, the people who play that game are fucking assholes who think there ghetto. its almost kinda funny..

Bearded Bugs
08-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow, "Your Gang is C-U-N-T!" is actually hilarious. :D

Simzo
08-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Thats called snitching

Wow. What are you? Some sort of latino gang member?

To the OP, You will always get guys like that and they can never really be avoided, best just to block communications as soon as you get insulted by them and forget about him/her. That always works for me, there is no need to waste your time arguing and fighting over nothing.

tugboatman
08-16-2009, 12:44 AM
i had a guy kick me from rock band because i asked him a question lol. i wouldnt mind if i had insulted him but i only asked why he went back to matchmaking rather than pick a setlist lol

ShadyChicano
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM

To the OP, You will always get guys like that and they can never really be avoided, best just to block communications as soon as you get insulted by them and forget about him/her. That always works for me, there is no need to waste your time arguing and fighting over nothing.

No but i guess u grew up somewhere where its a okay to snitch

NINxKillswitch
08-16-2009, 01:27 AM
No but i guess u grew up somewhere where its a okay to snitch Well, how else are you going to do anything? not like you can kick there ass's unless you want to somehow find out where they live and then take a flight there :P

The only thing you can do is snitch/file a complaint... So why not? this isn't real life where someones going to go to jail if you snitch on them? they'll get banned/suspended from XBL and they can spend there time doing something more usefull.. like going outside

Michaeloioi
08-16-2009, 01:59 AM
My opinion on this subject is that Microsoft shouldn't ban for this, the reason being is that idiots will get beat by someone with greater skill in a game and then report the person resulting in a ban. The system will just be toyed with and it's not what we want. There is a block button for a reason, also the mute button and the submit player review button (not that the player review thing actually does any good). I'm not having ago at those that have had abusive messages etc, I'm just trying to get my point across. I've had this type of thing happen to be before and I chose to ignore it, I used to get shit on XBL back when I didn't have a headset. Every game is the same, you kill someone and they give a you a taste of their mind. Sometimes it isn't pretty but everyone does it and it would result in everyone getting banned or something. D:

Nerdz0r
08-16-2009, 03:45 AM

I lol'd .

Xz3non
08-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, I agree with you on that, Last night I was playing CoD:WaW and I got a message from a guy saying that I was cheating and he would report me to Microsoft. I sent him a message back saying "how did I cheat?" I then got a message back saying "You had the flamethrower at level 50" I didn't actually have the the flamethrower it was my friend who was a level 65 who had the flamethrower, so if I get banned I will be pretty pissed off.

RadiantViper
08-16-2009, 03:58 AM
I've actually only had 2 people threaten me over Live, both while playing Bad Company. One guy was just upset because I was playing well, the other guy I accidentally team killed (he jumped down right in front of me which was quite a shock so I fired my shotgun) and he threatened to come into every game I played for a month and kill me, he gave up an hour later. Made me laugh, actually.

ApochWeiss
08-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Do what I do...if you game with friends, start a private chat room of some kind, that way everything is filtered out and you can have a normal conversation. if you don't game with friends, then just mute your tv and listen to music. it's better then a constant bombardment of "fuck you you fucking fuck I'll rape your dog and smack yo momma you bitch ass ho son of a cracka ass monkey! BANZAIIIIIIIIIII!!!" you'll hear while gaming.

Veteran
08-16-2009, 04:02 AM
So much bull shit on the internet.

GeNeLaTioN
08-16-2009, 06:59 AM
My voice sounds like a girls on Xbox LIVE, and people say I'm gay.

Funny thing though, because I am part deaf. So I don't always have my Turtle Beach on, and I have a crappy mic just so nobody in my house hears,

"Hey N00b I fucking l0v3 ch0c0l4t3!"
Yes very dumb grammar people, I talk but don't listen.
I.e in Halo callout, but don't hear the callouts.

Painkiller Q8
08-16-2009, 07:14 AM
yeah their so many !
but there is a great weapons called *IGNORE* use it wisely :P

Nightbeam
08-16-2009, 08:26 AM
This happens everywhere, even not while playing games. Get over it, its just online douchebags, you might even be one yourself sometimes.

Sizzlebuzz
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
There will always be A-holes. Some will be one because you are better than them. Some will be one because they are better than you.

There is a lot of nerd rage to be found on XBOX live. Most come from younger kids. But the other 20-30% come from adults. Which is sad.

I remember my pal for 4 months was mad because I saved him on halo. He was up against a guy with OV, and he had just been meleed once. I came up behind the OV and assassinated him. The guy got mad at me and eventually ended our friendship over it.

People are stupid, that will never change. Just ignore it. Some situations can't be worked out no matter how hard you try to work them out. It's a part of life. You just need to get over it and move on. Because dwelling on it will change nothing.

Daiphyer.
08-16-2009, 11:09 AM
I remember my pal for 4 months was mad because I saved him on halo. He was up against a guy with OV, and he had just been meleed once. I came up behind the OV and assassinated him. The guy got mad at me and eventually ended our friendship over it.

WTF? lmao!

I know I've blocked alot of people because of it ... but this guy just got me so angry I answered him sooo rude he didn't even know what to tell me anymore ... lol

Infection Ftw
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Lol some nub got carried at Halo VIP I had a nice + k/d ratio and more kills but I became 2nd in multi team he send message you suck noob and you lost.

I was like lol what a moron and played another match, again against that nub and this time he didn't have a carry buddy. I won with my teammate and alone I had more kills then the nub his team (he was last) and after the match he sent me this:

-Game invite (begging to get carried by me)
-you suck you're a beginner (I played over 6k matches and he played over 1500)
-pussy

So yeah... not threatening but still lol..sad funny little kids. And btw they are in xbl?:P

True I Skill
08-16-2009, 06:43 PM
It dont piss me off too much, Gives me a little bit of entertainment for the day, The worst i've found it was on GTA IV when it was first released, So many kids thinking they was gangsters bad mouthing anyone who killed them. I think it should be allowed, It adds to xboxlive, If some one is talking shit to me down the Mic i find i do better and beat them because i dont want to lose to some one who is being a asshole.

Just turn it arround on them, They send you a message threatening you, Pretend your a Cop and going to look into the Situation, Pretend to be tracking he's Home address, and all that. just a few days back i had a guy begging me not to Tell my friend who works for microsoft that he was trying to get my Password, Funny thing is i dont acturly know anyone working for microsoft :D
Most people that be a jerk over xboxlive, Normaly dont expect any retaliation in real life, They think all that can happen is a few spam messages, maybe a small argument. As soon as you start talking about Real life and fool them into thinking your telling the truth, You notice how quickly they change from the Bad ass gangster dude, To the little 14 year old boy not wanting hes parents to find out he was talking crap on xboxlive.

Disavowed Knowledge
08-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I've pretty much stopped using the headset and filtered so that only my friends can message me when I'm on Live. In any game, you're going to find a bunch of jerk-offs that like to do nothing but start shit. It's a sad fact that anonimity makes assholes of a vast majority of the population.

Ooyah
08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I must admit that I mostly avoid playing online because of the type of things which we have heard about here. I remember spending two hours online with Burnout Paradise, and coming away utterly depressed that so many people were truly contemptible. One guy was anti-Semetic, and I won't repeat the things that he was saying, it was shocking beyond belief.

Last weekend, I was playing Virtua Tennis 2009. A safe game to play online, yeah? Wrong. I was taking a beating in a game, two games down, and then somehow managed to come back to 2 games all. The guy, who had been totally silent up to that point, seriously started SCREAMING at me, calling me every name under the sun. And then he quit.

Shame. I was looking forward to chatting to people all over the world, and for sure there are plenty of good people on LIVE, but, man, what you have to go through to get to them! It just is not fun. :(

Only game I've ever played online without ANY abuse was Beautiful Katamari. I guess it just didn't attract aggressive people.

Maybe, as people have been suggesting, I should try having thicker skin, and just laugh it off, but somehow it just saddens me greatly. Why can't we all just get along and have some fun?

Stufin135
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I think party systems have slightly killed the chatting with nice people. They are always in a party with there friends so you can't hear them they can't hear you. Everything is so dead and quite apart from the 2 dickheads that end up in your game.

It's all a shame really although the party system is a good idea I feel it has ruined a lot of the online experience.

I am the batdan
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Boosting Bond this weekend (which is painfull enough thank you very much) and this douchetard pops on and threatened to rape me after he murdered me, then he was going to kill my mother and the rape her before crapping in my mouth. Most times I laugh it off, but then he requested addresses because he was going to "go to jail for murdering someone he met on XBL". He was really something else and we all thought he was gonna blow a blood vessel with his Hulk rage yelling through his mic.

It was comical. But in all seriousness, this is why I use party chat and generally hate games that require me to get into a public room to play. I blocked, avoided and filed the complaint, but we all know nothing happens.

And this was also the one time that the douchetard was someone older than 13 (which seems to be the average). Nice to be insulted by someone who's over puberty for once....

oDrPepper
08-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Two days ago I got a message saying go to <Insert URL Here> to get MW2 Beta codes, and it was clearly a fake site. To top it off this guy had also gamesaved so I sent him a message saying:

"Wow, you've gamesaved and now you're trying to scam people? Looks like you're doing well..."

After this he hid has list of games played so I sent another message telling him that he's just made it even more obvious that he's a gamesaver. He replied telling me "YOUR ACCOUNT = HACKED". I just laughed at him and my account is still fine.

People make threats on XBL all the time, it doesn't mean they can actually do the stuff they say though.

Gorilla Stomper
08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
i either ignore people like that or put them down with a witty comment, its just tools that want to make their e-dick bigger, ahh anonimity for the loss

NaK Quinn
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
I usualy end up muting everyone anyways. Especialy kids and the "lil gangstas".

Phydeaux
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM

I'd like to put this out there. If any of you ever get ridiculous messages, pictures of people's body parts, etc., take a digital camera picture of it and send it to me. Make sure to get their gamertag in the shot. Part of my XBoxDEAD site will have a gallery section on it dedicated entirely to showing this crap off. And as usual, as we can get verifiable attached names to the gamertags, well, when a future boss googles their name and finds out they tried sending a picture of their penis to, say, a 15 year old girl...

Delicious revenge. This is where our community can dish out justice and take care of itself.

Xx P3rF3cTioN xX
08-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Gears of war is the worst these days.
Always end up with a couple messages every day i play it.
(No, i don't quit :))

Creech
08-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Report it using the built in system, and move on. Block them if they persist. No need to bring it here.

Thanks.