PDA

View Full Version : this is really screwed up

J Lo
01-24-2007, 03:03 AM
i just got 1030 rushing yards in one game... 10 minute quarters...and i didnt get the achievement...i wasted like 2-3 hours of my life for nothing...why?!?!?!

Creech
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I am not on the inside, but I have a hypothesis from watching my girlfriend play NCAA 07.

My bet is you had it on easy, maybed jacked the sliders up, and went crazy, yah?

I think you got too many yards. I noticed with my girlfriend that one of her receivers caught 80 passes, but at 75 or so it rotated back to zero, kind of like an overflow error in their programming. I think when the games were designed they figured if you need to play on easy, you won't score a lot, won't get lots of yards, etc. After all, if you rush 1,000+ yards in a game, you are clearly not playing at the level of your expertise.

Try moving the difficulty up enough that you still win, but have more reasonable numbers. It will make the game more enjoyable as well.

eXiled Killah
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
David Creech is correct. You simply earned too much yardage and reset the counter. It happened to me with the fumbles. I did around 26-27 in one game but the counter reset at around 22-23 and I didn't have enough time in that game to bring that stat back up. Had to replay to get that achievement.

Shaaady Souljah
01-24-2007, 05:35 PM
that is weird...when i get too many receptions and yards it does not reset the counter. it simply stays at 620 yards i think and 20somre receptions and 10ish TDs...it does not go back to zero on me. very strange.

Creech
01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
that is weird...when i get too many receptions and yards it does not reset the counter. it simply stays at 620 yards i think and 20somre receptions and 10ish TDs...it does not go back to zero on me. very strange.

You aren't getting enough to exceed the limits. My girlfriend's counter didn't reset until her receptions for one player were over 70.

Shaaady Souljah
01-24-2007, 06:04 PM
i can not get to limits cuz it stops at 620 yards... i have exceeded it, excited about a huge week for my WR and every week he had the exact same yardage and TDs... no matter how many yards I get, it stops in the 600 range. maybe it is an NCAA thing? or maybe it is just for receptions and not the yardage or TDs. cuz they will not go any higher for me.

Creech
01-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know that I ever had that problem in either game. I played them through, got 1000 in each, but for me they weren't particularly replayable.

I think my best game was when my team got around 500-550 yards total, and my highest score was maybe 40-50 points. Then again, I didn't play it on easy like my GF did. I have a friend who has played Madden for years - in fact, his recommendation is the only reason I even got the game - and he only plays it on the All-Madden difficulty, and while he doesn't have 1000 in the game (he is missing the defensive SS achievements) he beats the computer every time he plays. The guy is amazing to watch, far superior to me in the game. I played my mandatory one game on All-Madden and promptly dropped the difficulty down to All-Pro. I found that challenging enough to be interesting and fun, but not completely unreasonable.

chewy
01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I may be wrong, but don't the quarters have to be at 5 mins each for the franchise achievements to count? If so that could be the problem since you played on 10 each.

Creech
01-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I may be wrong, but don't the quarters have to be at 5 mins each for the franchise achievements to count? If so that could be the problem since you played on 10 each.

That statement does not happen to coincide with reality.

Heh...my nice way of saying you are wrong. :)

eXiled Killah
01-24-2007, 11:57 PM

No. That's only NCAA football.

chewy
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification...i couldn't remember if that was for NCAA or Madden...hence the disclaimer before my post :)