PDA

View Full Version : Doom II Coming To XBLA

SuperNova X2X
08-15-2009, 07:42 PM
QuakeCon started in Dallas, TX, today. One of the major activities of the day was a press conference. As such, expect a swarm of info on id's new projects.

The first news story we are hearing confirmation of is related to Doom and the Xbox Live Arcade. When the first Doom came out on the arcade, everyone was expecting to see the later games show up quickly. That didn't really happen and left many wondering why. Id confirmed today during the conference however that Doom II is indeed being ported by Nerve Software, the company that handled the port of the first game. They made no mention of a date, so right now we are in wait-and-see mode.

Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/newsitem.aspx?newsitemid=661

Me being a Doom fan, I can say I'm pretty excited.

Bleeding Star
08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Cant say Im too excited, never really liked Doom but I guess this is good for all the fans

Tussell
08-15-2009, 08:14 PM
This is great, Doom II is an amazing game! I can't wait to use the Super Shotgun again! :)

Gun-Nut
08-15-2009, 08:50 PM
About time Doom 2 made it on XBLA :D hopefully this time around achievements will unlock in co-op.

ShadyKav
08-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't wait.
I love the Doom series; I have every last one of them, but it'll be great to earn achievements this time.

Poida
08-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Great news :) Doom 2 this time with achievements added :D

Awesome Aust
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Not a big fan of doom but I got Doom for XBLA so I gotta check this one out. Hopefully it's the same achievements as Doom or Wolfenstein like Beat the game on Nightmare or Bring em' On.

Gackt
08-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Awesome, Doom II is a great game...cant wait to get it.