PDA

View Full Version : My point of view (Gears of War game)

Painkiller Q8
08-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Hello everyone, I don't know if its the right section to post this thread !

yeah.. its all about Gears of War game.. I really don't understand why this game got this high rate, and so many people treat this game like a god !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fowhnaJ8eCA/Sl9L58ioqsI/AAAAAAAAApU/tZy31jPD2eQ/s400/tilen-Gears+of+War-600px.jpg

First of all .. I didn't like the first GOW game .. but it was acceptable to me.. but still I don't see any special thing in the game..
and when the second GOW came out .. everyone was dying to get it.. also me because I though its going to be better than the first one .. but unfortunately the game is just a copy/paste and its like a DLC or something like that ! * same shit * and maybe worst!
even when I fight with the PS3 fanboys .. I never mention this game cos its just a shame to be the best game on Xbox :S

anyway ... what I hate in the game:

1 - the story it totally boring like you never be exited to play more to know about it.

2 - the gameplay was ok, but the character is like a tank .. very heavy !

3 - the game has only 3 or 4 colors in the screen (RED - GRAY - BLACK and DARK GRAY)

4 - the physics is very bad !

5 - the sounds are just annoying and I hate it when the characters talk !

6 - the graphics is good .. but when you see the blood !! lmao.. stupid.

7 - I played 1 and 2 .. story/multiplayer << im bored from both of them .. and I will never play again !

.. you know what.. I wont take long,,

summary .. the game is over rated "am I right" ??
if yes or no .. tell me why ?

Note: maybe some people will hate me .. but remmeber it is just a game and this is my thinking.

KFZ Scrubs
08-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Well..... just because you think that the game is totally over rated and doesn't meet the hype level.... doesn't mean it is.
I respect your opinion even though i love GoW.
Lots of people think that games are overhyped or overrated if they don't like them.
Personally, i hate halo.
I think that the shooting mechanics suck and playing through the story is hell.
I only play it multiplayer because my friends want too.

agentplatypus
08-16-2009, 06:21 AM
If you don't like it don't play it.

Shelton
08-16-2009, 06:32 AM
I agree that it is over-rated. That is why I chose not to buy/play GoW2. In saying that, I think Halo 3 and GTAIV are over-rated too, but I did buy those...

You should probably provide more detail as to why you do not like it. Saying "The physics is bad" is not insightful nor a strong argument for your opinion. If you use sound reasoning, you're less likely to be flamed by those who love GoW.

Painkiller Q8
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
I agree that it is over-rated. That is why I chose not to buy/play GoW2. In saying that, I think Halo 3 and GTAIV are over-rated too, but I did buy those...

You should probably provide more detail as to why you do not like it. Saying "The physics is bad" is not insightful nor a strong argument for your opinion. If you use sound reasoning, you're less likely to be flamed by those who love GoW.

hehe .. I know there is no details in my points.. I think I can't go deep in this.
but yeah .. the flying meat parts everywhere, rolling heads to the wrong direction and the dancing dead enemies show what I mean about bad physics .. and the sounds are not good.. their mixing them up until your ears will hurt so much.. btw .. I am using a new 7.1 HDMI sounds system.. not a mono sounds from the TV :p

Halo is over rated too .. but its more fun that gears .. but GTA!! I don't see any problems with it !

EzyKiLL 25 17
08-16-2009, 07:43 AM
nobody is ever gonna like every game thats made.. if you don't like it thats fine ... but why come on here asking if we think you are right ???

you're not right and you're not wrong, its just your opinion... so like someone already said, if you don't like it, don't play it .... simple

Nightbeam
08-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Gears of War is fun, but when I played it back when it came out the online was infuriating with millions of game breaking glitches and horrible lag. The only thing that was remotely good was playing Horde/private matches with a few mates and playing Co-op on Insane.

NINxKillswitch
08-16-2009, 08:36 AM
The sounds on GoW2 aren't bad at all? Moving dead bodys/heads rolling in the wrong direction? You should get sick of a game because of small details like that. The color issue, there underground 90% of the time what do you expect?

Storyline can get a bit boring at times yeah... but not boring enough to be like "whatever im done with this shit" :P it would probably be better if they actually answered some question (ex: Whatsup with marcus's father?)

Online gameplay... theres only 2 proplems i can think of with it.. and they are
1. Hammer of dawn's blast radius is too big
2. Chainsaws are gay

Besides that i simply see nothing wrong with it?

Unless your running around with a lancer during a match it shouldn't be boring

Don't forget your shotty ;)

Oh, and as for Gears 1 online (was talking about gears 2 back there) its a Bit BS :P shoot a guy with a boom shot and he doesn't die... active downing, 1 shot shottys from 100 yds away... grenade tags cause recoil/delay those are the problems with gears 1 multiplayer but gears 2 multiplayer i just cant imagine what your problem with it is...

Not trying to like argue with you or anything im just simply posting my opinion on this

Sizzlebuzz
08-16-2009, 09:52 AM
This game is not very great. But it is decent. The story isn't all too wonderful, but what can you do? It has it's moments.

I hate the online play though. All about the chainsaw.

Daiphyer.
08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Gears 1, didn't have any background story, all we know is that there is a war between human and locusts ...
Characters DO FEEL HEAVY! and they're too damn big!
But I think the cover system is the best cover system mechanic ever to be seen on a game ...
and don't get me started on online ... I actually finished my whole gun on a guy's head, just so he could run and kill me with a shotgun ... it's so damn laggy, and it gives way more than fair advantage to the guys who have better connection ...

Gears 2 was the same as Gears 1 but with more weapons and longer waiting in the lobby thingy ...

limination
08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I personally love Gears. I loved the story, and when I played through the first one, I was excited to get the 2nd just because I wanted to know more. The characters are supposed to be heavy, they're wearing heavy armor, and wouldn't you be really heavy in that armor?

But I respect your opinion, but in my opinion..no the game is not overrated.

Stufin135
08-16-2009, 01:17 PM
1 - the story it totally boring like you never be exited to play more to know about it.

I was excited to play more, I feel the storyline is very engaging and that Epic have written it perfectly.

2 - the gameplay was ok, but the character is like a tank .. very heavy !

They are meant to be a heavily armored army, so they should feel like this, it is also made like this to engage you more and give you a feeling you are there. At least it is not like halo where he is obviously in Armour that must way something but yet he can jump 10ft in the air.

3 - the game has only 3 or 4 colors in the screen (RED - GRAY - BLACK and DARK GRAY)

I can defiantly name one more colour............... Yellow. The emulsion in this game is yellow, and there is a lot of it. they are going more down the realism route of what thing look. The world is destroyed and nothing remains, I wouldn't expect to see a bit of pink on the house that is standing.

4 - the physics is very bad !

It's set on a planet that doesn't even exist, so how can they be bad. If this planet doesn't exist and they have created a physics engine for it, then surely the physics are perfect?

5 - the sounds are just annoying and I hate it when the characters talk !

6 - the graphics is good .. but when you see the blood !! lmao.. stupid.

I don't get what is wrong with the blood? Well for one you can turn it off, but I don't see why I thought it was a nice little extra.

7 - I played 1 and 2 .. story/multiplayer << im bored from both of them .. and I will never play again !

Is this a point about the game being bad or are you just saying it.

Anyway I hope you read and re-consider, if not oh well it's your own opinion and this is mine.

Azrael008uk
08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
summary .. the game is over rated "am I right" ??
if yes or no .. tell me why ?

No.

Shooting people is fun.

Jibbing people is even more fun.

Chainsawing people into mushy bits is even more fun than that.

I was playing a game of "Gears Of War 2" and the kids in the lobby were all complaining that the first Gears was all about the shot gun and this "Gears 2" was all about the Lancer.

So I equipped the shotgun and jibbed them all.

And I'm not even that good!

Fun game.

Too bad you can't enjoy it.

Az

Unterofficer
08-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Your not to onlyone who thinks GoW is overrated. Just check the thread "Worst Game" on this site and you can find lots of rants from me why it sucks (Also I'm not going to write why I hate GoW because you can check my reasons whrom there.)
I was really suprised when I saw how much support GoW has abroad, because in Finland I have never seen anyone who praises GoW as much as you guys. Even the people who like it here think that it is not that good as foreign people think it is. Mostly it is regarded as ok shooter, and not bad game, but also not good (Both got around ~80/100 points in the gamemag here.)
GoW is over rated. A lot.

Agent Earl
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
gears of war one was and still is amazing. i loved it. now GOW 2 is a different story. i didnt like it at all. story was mediocre and the multiplayer was AWEFUL. so gears 1 is the better game and deserved the hype unlike gears 2

VladimirK
08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

Imagine how slow the site would go if all the users decided to create a new thread to bitch about games they don't like.

CovertDog
08-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Is there any other games that came out 10 months ago (roughly) that you don't like? This topic has been beaten to death, about 8 months ago.