PDA

View Full Version : About unachievable achievements

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Is it possible that we as members of x360a make a petition about unachievable achievements?

My idea is that microsoft has to unlock the unachievable achievement if you have:

-All the achievements of the game that aren't unachievable
-The makers of the game didn't fix the reason that you can't unlock 1 or more achievement and that it's 3 months+ that the achievement(s) is/are unatainable

If I made any typo or if I spelled some words wrong please post since I think I've made some mistakes:P

Please say what your opinion about this is and if you know if it is possible to get this through.

Teh BeZ
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I think this is futile , MS would just laugh at us =(

But hell that's never stopped us before ...condemned...hellboy.....if you show me the petition then I will gladly sign. =D F**k Them !

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Most of them aren't even hard. Like play in a race week thing or simply play a match online but the servers or that special week stuff doesn't exist anymore. Even the biggest noob in those games are able to get those. They only prevent 100% completion of a game.

Teh BeZ
08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I know, most of them are from suprise suprise EA . Dun! dun ! DUUUUN!

I dont see this going anywhere , but I think we'll get alot of signatures from this site , and at least wee can say we tried - you never know .

You get it started up, and online petition form thingy ....

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Besides we donīt have anything to loose. We can always try. And they made the achievement system so they should control that it works as it should be and if it doesnīt they should fix the problem one way or another.

Veteran
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Condemned isn't glitched, it just doesn't have 1000 points. It was released before there were "rules" for achievements.

Same as PGR Tour 06 and LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II.

Hellboy isn't really glitched either, we're just waiting on some DLC that won't ever happen because the game's crap. 840 points are attainable from the 1000, the other 160 were supposed to be in a nice piece of DLC.

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Erm I didn't talk about games that just don't have 1000 GS. And who said Condemned is glitched then?

I mean this list http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117325 (sticky this forum). I want that these achievements unlock after you have every single achievement that actually IS possible to get if the makers didn't fix the problem within 3 months.

Veteran
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I think this is futile , MS would just laugh at us =(

But hell that's never stopped us before ...condemned...hellboy.....if you show me the petition then I will gladly sign. =D F**k Them !

Erm I didn't talk about games that just don't have 1000 GS. And who said Condemned is glitched then?See above.

No one's ever going to fix glitched achievements. They simply don't care, once the game's out, they have better things to do like work on their upcoming games. EA are the owner of the most glitched achievements and haven't done shit all about it. You're wasting your time.

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok it doesn't belong in the list but he didn't say it was glitched either. Although Tiger Woods PGR Tour 06, LOTR: BFME2 and Condemned have some odd total points they are possible to achieve. But the unachievable aren't.

Veteran
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok it doesn't belong in the list but he didn't say it was glitched either. Although Tiger Woods PGR Tour 06, LOTR: BFME2 and Condemned have some odd total points they are possible to achieve. But the unachievable aren't.

PGA Tour 06 is completely unachievable now (0/960G attainable). Have you even checked the glitch list?

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
I want that ALL unachievable achievements become achievable in some way. And I've looked at the list before. As for PGA Tour 06 they should give the players with some achievements all and the ones with an 0 on the gamercard the option to delete it (including deleted from mygamercard.net)

Teh BeZ
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Condemned isn't glitched, it just doesn't have 1000 points. It was released before there were "rules" for achievements.

Same as PGR Tour 06 and LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II.

Hellboy isn't really glitched either, we're just waiting on some DLC that won't ever happen because the game's crap. 840 points are attainable from the 1000, the other 160 were supposed to be in a nice piece of DLC.

I was refering to online petitions regarding achievment that were to no ovail, not that they contained glitched achievments

sweatdog
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't see either scenario happening, but the solution that sounds fair to me...

If the achievement is no longer achievable due to a closing of a server, we know it's just not feasible for the company to make servers available. If the achievement lists for those games and for those who did not unlock while the servers were open should only show those currently available. Sure it would have an odd total, but at least those still playing it could 100% it, and the unachievable achievements won't drag down your overall percentage for all games. We're getting so many games with different totals now anyway thanks to DLC, so the 1000 point standard is not as standard as it used to be.

As far as glitched achievements, it'd be nice if a update could correct these, but again, we know it won't happen. Gamers who are concerned by their total completion percentage (I'm not one of these) deserve to not have games such as Tiger Woods 06 drag down their total.

While I realize that fixing the glitches on a older obsolete game isn't cost effective for EA, I don't think allowing gamers to delete glitched games from their play list, or altering the achievement totals on these games would be difficult for Microsoft to implement in their next update. They could limit this option to certain games where appropriate.

Infection Ftw
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
About deleted glitched games, the only one is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06. But if you get 1 achievement+ you can't delete it anymore.

roy1751
08-18-2009, 10:48 AM
They don't care dude.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?1z2y3x78

And my thread to fix a single EA achievement going on for a year now.
http://forums.xbox.com/22926347/ShowPost.aspx

TomKStones
08-18-2009, 11:35 AM
They obviously don't spend much time on achievements.

Like look at Lego Indiana Jones, the achievements are in lower case, and there's typos through some of them

Daiphyer.
08-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Developers don't give a shit about achievements/trophies, I bet they don't even know what Achievement whore is! They just put it there, because they have to, if MS announced that "you don't have to put achievements in the game but if you want to, you can", I swear all of the EA games will be without achievements, and most of the other games.

Some developers take advantage of Achievements to get more people play online, or play that mode or this mode, or play for this amount of time ... but if they don't have to put achievements in, they won't. (Apparently they don't know that achievements actually boost the sells)

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Developers don't give a shit about achievements/trophies, I bet they don't even know what Achievement whore is! They just put it there, because they have to, if MS announced that "you don't have to put achievements in the game but if you want to, you can", I swear all of the EA games will be without achievements, and most of the other games.

Some developers take advantage of Achievements to get more people play online, or play that mode or this mode, or play for this amount of time ... but if they don't have to put achievements in, they won't. (Apparently they don't know that achievements actually boost the sells)

Look at games like Avatar and My horse and me 2. Would they sell half that great if they didn't have easy GS? The Xbox 360 version of these games cost way more then the other console ones simply because it's a cheap 1K GS.