PDA

View Full Version : Old Metal Gear Solid's on XBLA?

GrayK$&
08-17-2009, 05:01 PM
After posting the "Should Classic Nintendo games be available to the XLA" thread, i got my self thinking, "Hey, now that Kojima prod. have allowed Metal Gear Solid to be allowed for 360 users in the future, what if the old MGS's games came to the XBLA, how would people react to that?" So please vote in one the choices below, and please feel free to leave a comment below.:welcome

Snowman
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Well being that metal gear games are sometimes more than one disk, I think it would be impossible to fit it into an arcade game.

GrayK$&
08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
but You also have to see that XBL has fitted some pretty beefy games on the system, i mean you have the XB originals, and also live GTA IV:LAD & BOGT. so it probably be possible. And if not, then Im sure that they would be willing to put the games into disc format.

Tussell
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
And if not, then Im sure that they would be willing to put the games into disc format.
I'd beg to differ.

Gorilla Stomper
08-17-2009, 05:57 PM
This is never going to happen, still playing MGS2 again would be fun.

velho lobodomar
08-17-2009, 06:12 PM
i would play them again with joy, since itīs my favourite games from the ps1/ps2 era, although i highly doubt this possibility.
but i would prefer metal gear solid 4 being released on x360 than the old ones.

Danteveli
08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
dont think there is a chance
since they were released on psn for psp some time ago and no one mantioned 360.

master_shake_350
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Dam sneaking around in a cardboard box would be fun on the 360.

Cacky
08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
If, by some freak of nature, Metal Gear did come out on XBLA, I would have to buy at least one. I've never played a Metal Gear game!

Snowman
08-17-2009, 08:04 PM
but You also have to see that XBL has fitted some pretty beefy games on the system, i mean you have the XB originals, and also live GTA IV:LAD & BOGT. so it probably be possible. And if not, then Im sure that they would be willing to put the games into disc format.

Yeah but XB originals were games that were in the ORIGINAL xbox and I don't think that there were any MGS games on the original xbox, plus those games were also one disk games that were no where near as close to being the size of a MGS game.

Zee
08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah but XB originals were games that were in the ORIGINAL xbox and I don't think that there were any MGS games on the original xbox, plus those games were also one disk games that were no where near as close to being the size of a MGS game.
Metal Gear Soild 2, Substance.... Besides they stop making XBO games, so it would end up on the arcade anyway. Not to mention they took off the size limit for XBLA games.

Anyway MGS1 was on 2 CDs, keyword "CD"s, and twin snakes was on 2 Mini disks, Key word "mini disks". They both could easily fit on a DVD, and I mean both versions on one disk. So it wouldn't really be that huge of a file.

Anyway I would have liked them to make the old pre soild metal gear games for XBLA. Maybe even the GBC game too.

Edit, I just remembered something, the reason they took out the main theme in MGS4 was because they got sued. The song sounded almost exactly like another song, so they would have to change it.

YouTube - Metal gear solid main theme - plagiarism?

Snowman
08-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Metal Gear Soild 2, Substance.... Besides they stop making XBO games, so it would end up on the arcade anyway. Not to mention they took off the size limit for XBLA games.

Anyway MGS1 was on 2 CDs, keyword "CD"s, and twin snakes was on 2 Mini disks, Key word "mini disks". They both could easily fit on a DVD, and I mean both versions on one disk. So it wouldn't really be that huge of a file.

Anyway I would have liked them to make the old pre soild metal gear games for XBLA. Maybe even the GBC game too.

Edit, I just remembered something, the reason they took out the main theme in MGS4 was because they got sued. The song sounded almost exactly like another song, so they would have to change it.

Good points but I still don't believe that it would be on an arcade.

nWo Member69
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM
i really hope so cause i love mgs1 and 2

Darth Grif55
08-18-2009, 12:04 AM
I'd buy them. I've never played a MG game so the new one coming out will be my first experience (Unless I get a PS3 before then).

elephantd
08-18-2009, 01:14 AM
i want the older verisons on xbox, but i don't ever see it happening. If some odd chance that it does i will buy them all.

Xerofox
08-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I hope you're talking about the older MSX games and not the PS games because I'd rather see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (not snake's revenge) on xbox live arcade. Metal Gear Solid would be kick ass but I'd rather want older games that aren't available anymore. I have the NES and the MSX games but I'd rather just turn on my xbox and play them that way. MGS Ghost Babel would be cool too.

If they would ever release MGS I hope they'll add virtual missions to it, like the add on for the ps1.

KFZ Scrubs
08-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Hahahaha, don't see that happening...... for a while.
Don't ask why...
but if it did, i might buy it. Then after getting caught up with the story i could finally play MGS4

Teh BeZ
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
mgs 1 , I would absolutey love thattttt

VladimirK
08-18-2009, 03:22 AM
I would like to see the VR missions.
Never got them for PS1 but the demo was good.

But I doubt we'll see MGS on XBLA anytime soon.

MXR5150
08-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I would love to see the MSX2 versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 remade for XBL downloads.

colt415
08-18-2009, 07:25 AM
My favorite MGS is the first one on the PS1 and I would love to see it as a XBOX Live Arcade with achievements.

Z3R0 S1X
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I hope they do this but it probably won't happen for a while, if ever. They could release Metal Gear 1/2 along with Metal Gear for GBC on XBLA and maybe do a compelation DVD for the Solid series from PS1/2. If Konami did this, it would sale like crazy since there is such a demand already for Metal Gear on 360.

True I Skill
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Snake eater would be a fun one.

I really enjoy the MGS games, and i wish other game company's would Re-release older games Onto new consoles, So new gamers can really get into the story of series, How many of you are new comers to resident evil? How many of you would love to play the older ones?
Same with metal gear solid, And devil may cry.

Here is a Thread on the capcom website for resident evil outbreak to be released as an arcade game, a friend has been asking me to post it arround the internet, So Yeah sign up put in a few posts and All the hundreds of people in that thread are in hope that capcom will realise how well it will do, and hopefully other company's will catch on.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/18679115/Resident_Evil_Outbreak_Discussion

Sorry if not alloud to post link D; Mod remove it if its not alloud Pls.

The Clutch Hand
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
After watching E3 and seeing how MGS Rising will be releasing sometime next year has me stoked:drunk. I've always been a MGS fan since Sons Of Liberty, and having that new installment on the 360 is awesome and I can't wait to preorder it. A great deal of MGS fans will appericate this game on the 360 as well and any real gamer will appericate MGS:p, but back to the topic of MGS games on the arcade heck I think they should do it. I'll buy them reguardless of the MS points as well:eek:..

P.S. I know how some people are conservative MS point spenders, and I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan money isn't an issue when it comes to this topic:)...

Sith_Lords
08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I have never played any of the MGS games, with the exception of that one which was on the PSP, Tactics? Atomics? I forget the name, it was turn based? They looked like a slightly more actiony and eccentric Splinter Cell to me, but I don't know to be sure...

Regardless, if they get good reviews, and are reasonably priced, with acheivements, its probable that I will pick them up.