PDA

View Full Version : Things You Wish they Fix/Add/Change For the Retial Game

Maka
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
We all know that in the Demo version, there are many things Lacking/Missing/TakenOut. But there are a couple things that are a Mystery and a couple things that Im not sure will be in the game. There are a couple things that Im hoping for:

An Arrow, To help you get around Faster. Also, It should change depending whether your on foot or in a car.
A Garage, Other than the Agency I think you should be able to keep any car you park into your garage.
A Nice Achievement Interface (Such As Test Drive, Or Rainbow Six) where you can look at the achievements as if they are badges in the game.
A Couple Glitches with getting into cars. Should Be Fixed
Leaderboards, I want very precise and detailed Leaderboards, where I can see any stat for anything I want. Yes, The Single Player Stats.
Fixing Cars, I love the Agency Supercar, And On the Verge of Explosion, I want to be able to fix it, with a drive into a shop or something. And with Stat Level 4 in Driving, you should fix all cars you stand by.
Fix the Voice-Over Times, so that I dont hear commentary on something that happened 20 Seconds Ago.
Some Collision Detection Problems. Especially With Ledges and Jumping.
Customizable Character. Theres Nothing better than putting tight leather pants on your Character, to make him different.
Vehicle Upgrades. I went up to Stat Level 4 In Driving. And I wanted every car I touch to Transform into something cooler and faster. But only three cars did. (The Agency Cars)
Something Fun, Theres not a sinlge thing that has made me laugh (Other than Throwing a body off a building, or kicking someone into a Lake) which isnt good. I want to have a good laugh at random things I see, on For Example Billboards or Restauratns. And Calling a Club "Boner" isnt funny. <-- Its in the Game.Any Comments?

R3V
01-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Being able to transform other vehicles would be nice, but other then that I think the game is great the way it is. It puts a new spin into the GTA genre...leaping like Venom in Ultimate Spider-man, lifting cars and people. But there are a few glitches that do need to be fixed, like falling under the map.

Zef
01-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Personally I preffered the more serious apporach they took, but a little subtle humour would not go unappreciated.

Overall I thought the game was quite good, but I'd agree with most of your points (I never came across the car ones though).

I did notice some rooftops weren't solid, so landing on there just dropped you to the ground.

R3V
01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I hope they fix the spots where you fall into the map...that really gets annoying. The yellow dumpsters buy the buildings for example...if you hang on them and then try jumping you fall into the map.

Maka
01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
The car ones happen very often for me. Its not when Im jacking a car, but when I try to get into when, with nobody inside, and a door near the entrance and some other junk. The "Hit Y" thing only comes on the screen for like Max. .5 Seconds.

And someimtes, he just stands there and looks at the car...

KilluhKam
01-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Being able to transform other vehicles would be nice, but other then that I think the game is great the way it is. It puts a new spin into the GTA genre...leaping like Venom in Ultimate Spider-man, lifting cars and people. But there are a few glitches that do need to be fixed, like falling under the map.

the only cars you can transform are the ones in the agency that you can choose (they transform when your driving skill increases) the best way to get your drving skill up is to run over gang members in cars

R3V
01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
the only cars you can transform are the ones in the agency that you can choose (they transform when your driving skill increases) the best way to get your drving skill up is to run over gang members in cars

I know that...I guess I didn't say that. I think the SUV is the best at lvl4 being able to press in the right thumb stick to jump. The Car turns into a Bat mobile type car with guns..and I thought at lvl4 the Semi would turn into Optimus Prime or something, lol.

R3V
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Here are mine Maka:

Pros:
-Upgradeable cars
-Jumping is amazing
-Lifting vehicles and throwing them
-Collecting orbs and leveling up is addicting
-Able to target a person's head, legs or arms is a plus
-Size of the game is huge (much bigger than other sandbox games)
-The art style
-Replay value is high (I keep going back to it)
-Co-op is fun
-Every building is scalable
-The draw distance is impressive (able to see off into the distance a long way)

Cons:
-The water splashes are lame
-Not able to shoot while driving, even if you're a passenger
-All the rounded objects in the game aren't really round (take a close look at some of the objects and structures in the game)

AOS Puck
01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
The biggest problem I had with the demo was the target lock-on. It would be nice if you could cycle through targets once your are locked on.

Webb
01-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Cons:
-Not able to shoot while driving, even if you're a passenger

That one bugged me!! A lot!! So stupid really when you think about it.

R3V
01-26-2007, 03:21 AM
The biggest problem I had with the demo was the target lock-on. It would be nice if you could cycle through targets once your are locked on.

Yes! That too...Cycling would be nice, being able to select a barrel to blow it up the people around it.

L3giOn
01-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Graf1k and I were talking about how we wish there were higher agility levels. I would like to be able to jump halfway across the map by the end of the game. :p

Zef
01-26-2007, 07:04 PM
That one bugged me!! A lot!! So stupid really when you think about it.

Be quiet! They might push the limits in violence but road safety will never be messed with. Stop, Look, Listen. Like the hedgehog said.

Ninja
01-26-2007, 07:44 PM
The falling under the map sucks. I didn't play the demo for more than five minutes, and I was already stuck under the map.

JonnyC VT
01-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Still haven't played it yet, but have watched about 1,097,543,280 videos.

The whole stuck in map is probably an exclusive "feature" in the demo. All the other things sound like legit problems (well, most aren't problems, they're opinion based fixes). We gotta think that this is their first attempt at a game like this. It is getting such great feedback, so a sequel could be inevitable. Imaging many buildings then being twice the size of the agency tower, and agent skills going above and beyond, not to mention a possible multi-player face lift. This game seems like a VERY solid first try out.

Hopefully it will go into sequel form with tweaks to it's core game play, a bigger city, new weapons and vehicles, and more customization! That is the opinion of someone who has followed the game for a while, but hasn't played it...so if you want me to shut up, tell me (you're probably right ;))...