PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Games To Get 1000 GS On

Grey MATTer 101.
08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Firstly, I know that there is already a thread discussing 'tough/long 1000s' but I would like to focus more on the tough games on Xbox 360.

I feel that the other thread has a lot of games that are included on the list on the time it takes to complete the game.

I do appreciate that time is a major factor when it comes to completing a game but I would not necessarily consider this to make a game hard but more so time consuming. E.g: Fallout 3

For the purposes of this thread I would like to know what people think are the hardest retail games on Xbox 360 based entirely on the level of Skill required to get all of the achievements for them.

An example of a game that I have heard a lot about without playing is Ninja Gaiden 2.

I Look forward to your opinions.....

Crimson Ridley
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
A lot of people will say Guitar Hero. I agree, it is hard, as it's all skill based. Especially Smash Hits, that's as hard, or harder than GH3.

CutmanMike
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Are we counting 200's too? If so, Megaman 9 will prove very hard for this generation of gamers because of it's 8-bit themed difficulty.

Also Street Fighter IV's trials require some crazy combo skills, I'd say that's up there with the games that require pure skill.

KostinKid
08-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I think most fighters including Street Fighter IV are some of the most skill required games.In fighting games even if you use the best character you still need to master every move and be able to do those moves in the middle of an online game(I mean how often do you hear that fighter is a easy 1000).

CutmanMike
08-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Soul Calibur IV is kinda easy as most the achievements are just reaaaaaally long drags.

Grey MATTer 101.
08-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I wasn't going to include arcade titles in the discussion but I don't see why we can't discuss them as well.

KostinKid
08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Soul Calibur IV is kinda easy as most the achievements are just reaaaaaally long drags.

I never played that I just remember playing Street Fighter IV on my other account, and I ended up kicking myself because it drop my completion percentage.The guide gives Soul Calibur a 7/10 and 40-80 hrs.

I wasn't going to include arcade titles in the discussion but I don't see why we can't discuss them as well.

http://msp153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/bradly2795/lol_wut.jpg

LOL WUT?No jk,but really Soul Calibur IV is a retail game.For arcade so far I would think Trails HD the guide gave it a 10/10 saying a lot of skill need and it was time consuming.

Tom115
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
All the Guitar Hero's, with the exception of Aerosmith, and possibly 2, though you need a decent co-op partner for GH2. Once you're good at expert, Guitar Hero games are easy 7/800's.

JohnnyR74
08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
LOL WUT?No jk,but really Soul Calibur IV is a retail game.For arcade so far I would think Trails HD the guide gave it a 10/10 saying a lot of skill need and it was time consuming.

Lol, he's talking about when Mega Man 9 was mentioned at the top of the page. 3rd post, I think.

I do appreciate that time is a major factor when it comes to completing a game but I would not necessarily consider this to make a game hard but more so time consuming. E.g: Fallout 3

Honestly, I would say Fallout 3 is an easy 1000. It took me 50 hours, but it doesn't even feel like it. Every achievement was fun to get. The bobblehead collecting wasn't a chore at all, IMO.

..I'd agree that the GH series has a reputation for having hard games to 1000. Trials HD is just ridiculous because you have to play 24 tracks back-to-back without screwing up. I'm pretty sure once you screw up, you have to go ALL the way back to the beginning.

Teh BeZ
08-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Hell yeh, Trials is epic hard, apparently no-one (legit) has got the full 200 , and according tot he leaderboards that is true :)

I like to say that i only have 2 achievments left xD (just dont mention that they are the hardest ones and are worth like 35% of the gamerscore shhhh)

as for 1000s id say just like trials , skate is perfect is is so easily do-able just gotta genuinly learn like in real life and eventually you be able to do what it asks of you. but to begin with its solid !

pts100
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Ridge Racer 6
Rockstars table tennis
Rayman Raving Rabbits

How weird they all begin with R :eek:

Daiphyer.
08-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Every fighting game take the cake for hardest 1000. Especially Mk vs DC (kombo challenges) and Street fighter.
For Arcades, I have to say, every and each one of them are really pain in ass, but Hexic HD is different, it's like a rocket in ass.

Teh BeZ
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Every fighting game take the cake for hardest 1000. Especially Mk vs DC (kombo challenges) and Street fighter.
For Arcades, I have to say, every and each one of them are really pain in ass, but Hexic HD is different, it's like a rocket in ass.

ohhhh i forgot about hexic , that is super hard to max out O_O

RECKLESS x360a
08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Without ever playing this game I hear it is right up there in difficulty with NG2, and that game is DMC4.

Sith_Lords
08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll second those who say Guitar Hero/Rockband. I'm tempted to mention CoD 4, as the Mile High Club is nearly all but unachievable. Halo Wars with the General acheivement, again comes to mind.

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2, Devil May Cry 4, Quake 4 and there are alot more:P

VladimirK
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
How about the original 1000/1000 in WaW?
Some of those levels on veteran were a massive pain.
(Noticed that there isn't as much grenade spam now on veteran as opposed to when the game was first out. Fixed in an update maybe?)

Probably getting the 1100 in Bioshock because of how easily you could screw up when you save it when doing Brass Balls, effectively making an almost impossible situation to get out of.

The Orange Box. Portal more specifically in it.

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
WaW got an update about the gayass nades on veteran? Then I might try HofR and Blowtorch and Cockstew or what it's called again:P Since they are the last 2 I need on veteran but they just are hard and lame. About Brass Balls you can simply turn that thing off to avoid it so if you read a little about the achievement it's not that hard.

Porpoise King
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
GRAW1
Quake 4

Then theres arcade games like:

Space Giraffe
Joust
Robotron

etc..

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Btw the thread titel should be without dlc or just hardest game to get 100%. Ikaruga or something is a very tough arcade.

Veteran
08-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I came here to say "Ikaruga" for XBLA.

Devil May Cry 4 for retail.

Frostbite123
08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Any and every fighting game will always be hard because of the fact that some people are just so advanced with combos they can take you down extreamly fast and yes i do agree with you on the fallout matter i have the origanl 1000 and it was not hard just the fact that you need to use guides and play the game in a certant way it takes time but is deffinatly not hard and yes i am pretty good at guitar hero and to get to expert it deff takes determination and skill i probly spent a half year not playing all day ofcorse getting from failing on easy in guitar hero 2 to beating jordan so it is possible but hard

Veteran
08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Any and every fighting game will always be hard because of the fact that some people are just so advanced with combos they can take you down extreamly fast and yes i do agree with you on the fallout matter i have the origanl 1000 and it was not hard just the fact that you need to use guides and play the game in a certant way it takes time but is deffinatly not hard and yes i am pretty good at guitar hero and to get to expert it deff takes determination and skill i probly spent a half year not playing all day ofcorse getting from failing on easy in guitar hero 2 to beating jordan so it is possible but hard

Punctuation, I recommend you use it.

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
That is indeed annoying and hard to read. Agree with Veteran.

Giblets 2000
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
SFIV gets my vote. Utterly hateful cheap game. Couldn't have it in my life any more. Traded it in after a couple of weeks. Had no chance of getting the trials achievements. Had no where near the skill needed for it and hated learning (or rather not improving at all)

Did I mention that I hate this game?

COD:WaW not up there with the hardest. Just have to learn what works on the later levels on Veteran

Mile High was very very satisfying

Veteran
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
SFIV gets my vote. Utterly hateful cheap game. Couldn't have it in my life any more. Traded it in after a couple of weeks. Had no chance of getting the trials achievements. Had no where near the skill needed for it and hated learning (or rather not improving at all)

Did I mention that I hate this game?

COD:WaW not up there with the hardest. Just have to learn what works on the later levels on Veteran

Mile High was very very satisfying

I spent 3 hours in one sitting doing Heart of the Reich, it wasn't pleasant.

VladimirK
08-18-2009, 03:46 PM
WaW got an update about the gayass nades on veteran?

I'm certain it has.
I finished it on Veteran the day after it came out and at any one time there could easily have been 7 grenades surrounding you. (I decided to count them.)
But went round to a friends and done some veteran for them and there was only about 2/3 grenades at most on the screen.

Back on topic.
Mirror's Edge
Fable II
Maybe Mass Effect and Resident Evil 5 for some people.

Veteran
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm certain it has.
I finished it on Veteran the day after it came out and at any one time there could easily have been 7 grenades surrounding you. (I decided to count them.)
But went round to a friends and done some veteran for them and there was only about 2/3 grenades at most on the screen.

I got up to Burn `Em Out on veteran when it came out, and went back to it around April or something, and I thought the game got considerably easier. There was still a lot of grenade spam on Heart of the Reich though. :mad:

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm certain it has.

Back on topic.
Mirror's Edge
Fable II
Maybe Mass Effect and Resident Evil 5 for some people.

Thanks about the nades but could you explain why you mention Fable II?

Coadster1
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
1. G.R.A.W.
2. Quake 4
3. Guitar Hero 3

Giblets 2000
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I spent 3 hours in one sitting doing Heart of the Reich, it wasn't pleasant.

Fair play. I'm probably forgetting how hard it was as it's been a while since I did the campaign. Heart of The Reich was hard. Blowtorch & Corkscrew was my nemesis though. Proper nails. You just can't hide for more than a microsecond before..."It's raining 'nades, hallelujah!"

SetsunaFSeiei
08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Heres my list which is made up of games where boosting is not possible, for instance , GRAW is very boostable , but very time consuming , therefore it doesnt not count, cause in time you will still get it , but if you dont have the skills of a master ninja for NG2 then you could be playing that game for a longggg time

Retail

Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry 4
DBZ Burst Limit
MK vs DCU ? (no one on the site requested 1000 on it yet)

Arcade

Triggerheart Exelica
Ikaruga
Megaman 9
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (kinda ....)

BemusedBox
08-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Monster maddness is pretty hard.

VladimirK
08-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks about the nades but could you explain why you mention Fable II?

Well some of the collectible achievements in it are tricky to get.
Some of the DLC can be a pain aswell imo.

The main story and a lot of achievements are easy enough, just some can be tricky like I said.

Infection Ftw
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Collectables are easy with a guide. The only annoying one is where you get the exact score in that arena. Took me a while but if you calculate a little which is work how much it only takes a few attempts. But there is nothing hard about the game it just takes time. I haven't die once in the game.

Pigletoos
08-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Collectables are easy with a guide. The only annoying one is where you get the exact score in that arena. Took me a while but if you calculate a little which is work how much it only takes a few attempts. But there is nothing hard about the game it just takes time. I haven't die once in the game.

I don't believe you can die in Fable.

Anyways I felt that Mile High Club was really easy in CoD 4, it took me about a hour or two and then I got it down. I've done it for a couple of friends actually. Also WaW wasn't that difficult I am playing on VETERAN so I expect it to be hard with grenades, but I feel the AI should be a bit better, its funny to watch them shoot at walls though lol. HoTR took me about a hour and a half which is normal time for me.

I find hard games to be DMC4 and MM9. I also hear Ninja Gaiden 2 is a serious bitch. I don't really like fighting games but I know they are hard as fuck. I know Guitar Heros can be hard to 1000 too.

MJGB
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Rockstar Table Tennis
Peggle

XI AlphaMale IX
08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Final Fantasy XI

Creech
08-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Firstly, I know that there is already a thread discussing 'tough/long 1000s' but I would like to focus more on the tough games on Xbox 360.

I feel that the other thread has a lot of games that are included on the list on the time it takes to complete the game.

For the purposes of this thread I would like to know what people think are the hardest retail games on Xbox 360 based entirely on the level of Skill required to get all of the achievements for them.

An example of a game that I have heard a lot about without playing is Ninja Gaiden 2.

I Look forward to your opinions.....

Help me out here....why is this discussion not in the stickied thread? It states this as one of the criteria:
Obtaining the full amount available requires an intermediate to advanced level of skill.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Help me out here....why is this discussion not in the stickied thread? It states this as one of the criteria:

IMO, the main post doesnt contain any sort of list, its a post on peoples opinions of games that require skill , even so Skill varies on the person so for ex:

I suck at Call of Duty, i find Call of Duty 4 on Veteran a game of skill , but im sure half of the community find that game easy for them cause they know how to play it

ehhh , im not good an examples , i hope you understand it ?

Fallen x360a
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Surprised no one has said Dead or Alive 4. That game is just impossible...

XI AlphaMale IX
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Agreed. I put the 4 hardest (in no particular order) in my post above, but DoA4 could easily have been on a list of 5.

Panda
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
A lot of people will say Guitar Hero. I agree, it is hard, as it's all skill based. Especially Smash Hits, that's as hard, or harder than GH3.

Guitar Hero 3 is not a difficult just lengthy haha. Smash Hits is a pain in the ass though.

Rumble Roses, DOAX2, Street Fighter 4, DBZ: Burst Limit, Sonic The Hedgehog.

All are extremely difficult to 1k, not just lengthy, difficult.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM

Oh god ... thats on my "Have to 1000" list to x.x

Jemocasa
08-18-2009, 10:45 PM
For me it would be the GH-RB games. Splinter Cell: Double Agent as well, I can't even get out of the water on the first stage.

As for arcade games, I can't seem to get anywhere with Aegis Wing.

XI AlphaMale IX
08-19-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm probably forgetting how hard it was as it's been a while since I did the campaign. Heart of The Reich was hard. Blowtorch & Corkscrew was my nemesis though. Proper nails. You just can't hide for more than a microsecond before..."It's raining 'nades, hallelujah!"
WaW on Veteran made me think there was a buy 1 get 10000000 free sale at Wal-Mart on 'nades. I 1k'd that one (pre-DLC) though, so it can't be that impossible.

StephenJ360
08-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 4 take the cake, hands down. I mean, who in the world even WANTS to play DMC4's hardest difficulty? Enemies that don't die, and you get one shot killed? It's ridiculous!

SetsunaFSeiei
08-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 4 take the cake, hands down. I mean, who in the world even WANTS to play DMC4's hardest difficulty? Enemies that don't die, and you get one shot killed? It's ridiculous!

Ahaha, Actually a member of this site if playing DMC4 as we speak, this same member beat Ninja Gaiden 2 Master Ninja ... and after getting that achievement , he got the achievement for dying 100 times ...

Fallen x360a
08-19-2009, 03:08 AM
DMC4 actually isn't that difficult on the hardest difficulty. You just gotta play as Super Nero/Dante and it's pretty much a breeze. The only thing difficult with that game is S ranking every mission, and beating the Bloody Palace. I'm not saying S ranking the Bloody Palace because you just about always get an S rank on BP. And NG2 is a major pain in the butt on MN, but the Mission Mode DLC on Mentor and up is just scary. My friend is still on Mission 14 on MN for about 6 months now.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-19-2009, 03:12 AM
DMC4 actually isn't that difficult on the hardest difficulty. You just gotta play as Super Nero/Dante and it's pretty much a breeze. The only thing difficult with that game is S ranking every mission, and beating the Bloody Palace. I'm not saying S ranking the Bloody Palace because you just about always get an S rank on BP. And NG2 is a major pain in the butt on MN, but the Mission Mode DLC on Mentor and up is just scary. My friend is still on Mission 14 on MN for about 6 months now.

Im doing Mission Mode 14 as we speak xD (last one for Master of Missions)

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Dynasty Warriors 5 - Most confusing and dumbest game in my opinion ever
Perfect Dark Zero - Okay game, but very hard achievements
Bully Scholarship Edititon - Not a hard game but if your glitched your screwed.

PerpetualHeaven
08-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Games that I find to be more difficult than the Guitar Hero series to 1000: DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Quake 4, Tom Clancy's End War, Dead or Alive 4, Over G Fighters, and Street Fighter 4.

Punctuation, I recommend you use it.

Honestly, complaining about punctuation is so last year. On a more serious note, I believe there is an issue with how you've constructed your sentence using the comma. Does it tweak my nuts so much that I cringe into a ball, and die? No. Just let the grammatical nitpicking go. You can fully understand what everyone is saying. To simply nag about grammatical weakness is pointless.

P.S. I do not claim grammatical perfection. I may or may not have grammatical errors in my post.

Veteran
08-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Games that I find to be more difficult than the Guitar Hero series to 1000: DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Quake 4, Tom Clancy's End War, Dead or Alive 4, Over G Fighters, and Street Fighter 4.

Honestly, complaining about punctuation is so last year. On a more serious note, I believe there is an issue with how you've constructed your sentence using the comma. Does it tweak my nuts so much that I cringe into a ball, and die? No. Just let the grammatical nitpicking go. You can fully understand what everyone is saying. To simply nag about grammatical weakness is pointless.

P.S. I do not claim grammatical perfection. I may or may not have grammatical errors in my post.

I'm finding it hard to keep the good English skills up, although I am trying my best. I left school 3 years ago and spelling etc is already becoming a lot harder than it was when I was at school. :p

PS: My mate got 1000 on DMC4. :) It's by far his proudest completion.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-19-2009, 05:54 AM
I'm finding it hard to keep the good English skills up, although I am trying my best. I left school 3 years ago and spelling etc is already becoming a lot harder than it was when I was at school. :p

PS: My mate got 1000 on DMC4. :) It's by far his proudest completion.

I can relate , actually im still in school however english is my most hated subject therefore i dont care for little things like that.

And im sure your mate is proud , DMC4 is like the HARDEST out of every achievement game IMO

scud1888
08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Im saying far cry 2 personally, the single player is fairly straightforward but with about a thousand glitches you can fall into. The hard part is the MP, 500 revives, warlord and soldier of misfortune will take up a serious chunk of your life if youre trying to do them without boosting.

Painkiller Q8
08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Devil May Cry 4 <<< crazy like shit
F.E.A.R <<< Stupid like shit

I hate those people who made the achievements for those games ! losers

thomasgeorge
08-19-2009, 09:11 AM
street fighter 4

prototype

far cry 2

mortal kombat vs dc

Devil may cry is easy on its hardest difficulty one shot and their dead simple really

Decguy
08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
The hardest game by far is burnout revenge, one of the achievements is get a video in the top 20 downloads, that's like getting bungie favourites on Halo, impossible

RECKLESS x360a
08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
DMC4 is like the HARDEST out of every achievement game IMO :eek: Does anybody have a legit 1000 on it yet? I know one of the members here has 950/1000 legit, but I am not so sure if anybody has successfully gotten that nice 1k on their card?

Dan On Ur Face
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
im pretty sure that there is like 1/2 people with the full 1k.
but im thinking the most time consuming game is Star Ocean:TLH. pretty stupid.

valentine83
08-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Star Ocean:TLH is a very time consuming game ... but it can create addiction also :)

Fallen x360a
08-19-2009, 12:51 PM
:eek: Does anybody have a legit 1000 on it yet? I know one of the members here has 950/1000 legit, but I am not so sure if anybody has successfully gotten that nice 1k on their card?
My friend has 1000 in it legit. It took him forever to finally beat the Bloody Palace without using Super Nero/Dante. I can give you his GT if you don't believe me.

Veteran
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
:eek: Does anybody have a legit 1000 on it yet? I know one of the members here has 950/1000 legit, but I am not so sure if anybody has successfully gotten that nice 1k on their card?

Yet just a couple of posts up I said my friend has 1000 on it... :mad:

McKaystyles
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
SF4 is super hard, its my crowning achiement, i just got suicide misionaries in gears 2 and " dont kill dem lil girls" in bioshock as well as some achievment for madden 2010 and even thought they all equal up to about 500 gs, nothing beats the 10 gs i earn from sf4, because i really, really, really freaking worked for it. it took me like 3 months just to get 540 gs!

Infection Ftw
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM

A Friend of me completed DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2+DLC and Star Ocean. All 100%. He is a completionist in hard games. He also has 100% F.E.A.R. Files, GH II, GH III, Rock Band 2, Mirror's Edge, F.E.A.R. , GH Aerosmith, Lost Odesssy and more tough games.

His GT is Df Legend if you want to look him up.

Veteran
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
A Friend of me completed DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2+DLC and Star Ocean. All 100%. He is a completionist in hard games. He also has 100% F.E.A.R. Files, GH II, GH III, Rock Band 2, Mirror's Edge, F.E.A.R. , GH Aerosmith, Lost Odesssy and more tough games.

His GT is Df Legend if you want to look him up.

Df Legend did both hard achievements on Lost Planet offline. I'm sorry but that looks fishy to me. (Extreme + every target mark, in case you're wondering what achievements I'm talking about)

Daiphyer.
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Has anyone 1000ed MK vs DC ?
If yes, then that guy is a god !

Veteran
08-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Has anyone 1000ed MK vs DC ?
If yes, then that guy is a god !

Someone in my friends list has every offline achievement on it...:confused:

Oh and he has 1000 on SFIV.

Daiphyer.
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Someone in my friends list has every offline achievement on it...:confused:

Oh and he has 1000 on SFIV.

Damn ... that guy should be like godlike to master all those kombo challenges ... Ughhh I hate 'em! I bet even the guys at Midway can't do some of it!

Infection Ftw
08-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn ... that guy should be like godlike to master all those kombo challenges ... Ughhh I hate 'em! I bet even the guys at Midway can't do some of it!

Lol you are jealous;) Practice makes perfect. (or it will make you want to kill someone or throw with stuff)

Pyrochaos
08-19-2009, 05:52 PM
NG2 hands down.

I 1000/1000 COD2,COD4, and I'm having more frustration with WaW, but I don't think it's anywhere near Ninja Gaiden hard.

N+ for arcade titles for me.

Also Perfect Dark Zero.

Elekid
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm going to have to 3rd the notion of MK Vs. DCU being hard/annoying. I was turned off to the game because of the Kombo Challenges. I know there was a way to know exactly when to press certain buttons in the kombos, but it just was so hard to do. The only one I was able to complete was The Flash's Kombo Challenge but that was because his weren't too hard.

Rockstar Table Tennis: primarily because of the online achievements. I don't know if anyone really plays the game anymore. I still have it and would love to complete the achievements for the game, both online and off.

Mirror's Edge: There were two time trials I could not, under no circumstances, complete. I wore myself out trying to complete them. I got so angry at the game that I traded it in. It was depressing because this was a game I was following ever since I read about it in GI.

I also would like to add GTA IV to this list. The main storyline wasn't hard really. It's the multiplayer achievements that make me want to poop in a bag and leave it on Rockstar's doorstep. I tried getting the one where you have to win a race with minor/no damage to the car, but found it impossible due to everyone playing bumper cars. And don't even get me started on the "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" achievement. I try to pick a race to do, win, and add to the checklist, but I always end up getting voted out of the room.

Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned how annoying American Wasteland was. I don't mean the game as a whole, just the "Complete" achievement where you have to find all of the gaps in every level.

Daiphyer.
08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Lol you are jealous;) Practice makes perfect. (or it will make you want to kill someone to throw with stuff)

Well I want the damn achievement, and I know there is no way in hell I may be able to do it.

Daiphyer.
08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned how annoying American Wasteland was. I don't mean the game as a whole, just the "Complete" achievement where you have to find all of the gaps in every level.

That's because it was an XBox original game, then they ported it in 360, it was a crappy game in every terms, and the achievements were annoying.

Infection Ftw
08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
NG2 hands down.

I 1000/1000 COD2,COD4, and I'm having more frustration with WaW, but I don't think it's anywhere near Ninja Gaiden hard.

Also Perfect Dark Zero.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is currently easier to complete (aside weapon missions dlc) http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166242

Achiever TM
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Retail
time consuming: Final Fantasy XI
difficult: Ninja Gaiden 2 or GH series

Arcade
Most of the Puzzle ones

RECKLESS x360a
08-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Yet just a couple of posts up I said my friend has 1000 on it... :mad:
Oh I see it now. I didn't pay much attention to that post since it seemed like you were just going to talk about how terrible your grammar was. :p

DuHsoccer
08-22-2009, 06:26 PM
ok enough about cod WaW, i beat it on veteran with all the grrenade spam.

The hardest achievement in that game is downing 45 planes.

I CANT DO IT MAN. i have 985/1000 on WaW, and im PISSED.

iKiddo
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Lost Planet .. Original one.

litepink
08-22-2009, 07:02 PM

i got 200/200 :woop:. it was insanely hard though. you need a co-op partner who is good too.

i agree with Devil May Cry 4. bloody palace?!?! hell or hell mode!!?!? S rankings on every level.

i am discovering that Mr. Driller Online is impossible to get 200 :(

ToXiCRalN
08-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I'd have to say Madden 10. The achievements are ridiculous.

XI AlphaMale IX
08-23-2009, 03:01 AM
And it's worth a whopping 100. *sigh*
That's because it was an XBox original game, then they ported it in 360, it was a crappy game in every terms, and the achievements were annoying.
That may be true, but it still has the most reasonable achievements of all the Tony Hawk games.
The hardest achievement in that game is downing 45 planes.

I CANT DO IT MAN. i have 985/1000 on WaW, and im PISSED.
Don't give up. I agree that's the toughest one, but have patience with it and you'll get it.
Really? Looking at them they don't look hard at all.

A 2rue boofer
08-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Chromehounds

dillon
08-23-2009, 02:33 PM

Hopfully he is lying since it takes 3/4 hours to 1k it

Sizzlebuzz
08-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Tales of Vesperia. Hardest pure RPG for achievements.

Nerdz0r
08-23-2009, 03:54 PM
W@W was easy without the DLC now the DLC achievements are pretty hard. I'd also say Trials HD seen as no one has 200.

Veteran
08-23-2009, 04:25 PM
W@W was easy without the DLC now the DLC achievements are pretty hard. I'd also say Trials HD seen as no one has 200.

Both DLC packs are pretty easy minus Big Baller. But that's not too hard for zombie veterans.

LoathsumVangard
08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
I would say Lost Odyssey belongs on the list if only because of the amount of time you have to invest in it to 1000 out or in my case 1100. I think i put about 150 hrs into it before I completed it. Plus, it is a highly overlooked and underrated game. It is visually stunning and there were moments in the game that took my breath away. One of the few games that really plays to your emotions especially some of the dream sequences.

Panzram8Six
04-20-2011, 11:43 PM
1. Final Fantasy XI (Because it consists of getting all 18 skills to level 75 and
getting a legit 75 for one skill takes 12 to 18 months)

2. Dead or Alive 4 (VERY VERY Time consuming and difficult online)

And for all you saying guitar hero its called practice and a friend?

sanger
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Ridge Racer 6
Rockstars table tennis
Rayman Raving Rabbits

How weird they all begin with R :eek:

Agree with the other two games, but Rockstar's Table Tennis is very easy. Single player is simple because the computer AI often does dumb things. Multi player is easy if you boost.

1. Final Fantasy XI (Because it consists of getting all 18 skills to level 75 and
getting a legit 75 for one skill takes 12 to 18 months)

2. Dead or Alive 4 (VERY VERY Time consuming and difficult online)

And for all you saying guitar hero its called practice and a friend?

Final Fantasy doesn't belong here because it just takes seriously long time but requires zero skill. It's just a major, major, crazy grind-fest.

I think Guitar Hero belongs as a game that requires skill, because you are practicing to increase your skills. It's not just about time because I've been playing music games for the past 15 years and don't have 1000 in any Guitar Hero games. I love these games, but don't really have the skills... my fingers just aren't moving fast enough or I'm just not able to read the charts fast enough.

harvestman360
04-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Star Ocean: The Last Hope and DeadRising

Enricou
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Fifa 09, not that hard actually but takes 50 hours to complete.

Dav13s
04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Fifa 09, not that hard actually but takes 50 hours to complete.

That's not hard then, read the OP

Baylor05
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
F.E.A.R.

No online community for the multiplayer achievements, and the hardest single-player campaign I've yet to run across.

Honorable mention goes to Saints Row and Splinter Cell:Double Agent

At least with those two I was able to complete all the single-player achievements. Still screwed on the multiplayer stuff.

petrolhead91
04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
ninja gaiden i think thats how you spell it but this is the hardest game i played

Jellybean468
04-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Ninja Gaiden II, Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Infinite Undiscovery.

Qonok
04-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Of the games that I have played...my vote would have to go to Afro Samurai. Getting those Straight Flushes are not any fun. You have to get them with a mixture of skill and luck.

XxT1mEb0mBxX
04-23-2011, 02:01 AM
I would say 1 VS 100 because if you literally don't know anything you won't get any achievements, also since the game is no longer available it is 100% impossible to get any more achievements for it.

Dante5380
04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet 2, Ninja Gainden 2, ... :D

ballermann
06-03-2011, 09:06 PM
that must be lost planet: colonies. playing this game on the highest difficulty is pure stress! :uzi:

Xenolith666
06-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Devil May Cry 4 is insanely hard if you can't get the combo's, and Ninja Gaiden is one of the toughest.

VitaminAmy
06-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Star Ocean... crazy super hard to get 1000.

Iron71Maiden
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Have you ever tried tales of vesperia? 100+ hours minimum to get 100%

Forest
07-22-2011, 04:11 AM
well, I've played NG2 personally, & Its pretty insane.
LP:Extreme Condition, Is also a leading contributor to completionists suicides.
Considering the fact that you have to maintain Thermal Energy, on the lowest difficulty depletes at about 2persecond, But on the hardest difficulty,, depletes at 20+persecond
Also, thats DEPLETING WHILE YOUR COLLECTING COLLECTIBLES JWIANCNWAHoqhjojna
And if you don't clear the misson, your collecting doesn't register. That means, start up, fight off a horde of arachnids, maintain thermal energy, shoot a BSAA emblem type collectible for 300 miles away, && Clear the boss.

polaroso
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
any game you have to beat it on the hardest difficulty.. takes patience

Evo Kazz
07-22-2011, 06:22 PM
I think internet scaremongers have ripped NG2 to shreds, and its pretty unfair, people avoid the game like the plague now. Fact is, the game is absolutely stunning, the combos, the gore, the story, its brilliant. Yes the difficulty is tough on the top 2 tier settings, but its far from impossible. People give up too easy. I was the second person (according to MGC) to hit 1250 on NG2 worldwide, and I can hand on heart say I loved every minute of it, so much so I completed it twice over. I WILL also be getting NG3 and will try my damn hardest to 100% it also.

tremberz
07-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I think internet scaremongers have ripped NG2 to shreds, and its pretty unfair, people avoid the game like the plague now. Fact is, the game is absolutely stunning, the combos, the gore, the story, its brilliant. Yes the difficulty is tough on the top 2 tier settings, but its far from impossible. People give up too easy. I was the second person (according to MGC) to hit 1250 on NG2 worldwide, and I can hand on heart say I loved every minute of it, so much so I completed it twice over. I WILL also be getting NG3 and will try my damn hardest to 100% it also.

I agree completely. Although I haven't maxed it out - yet. I have 1230G on it and I can't seem to complete all the karma attack missions on master ninja. Still, I'll keep trying because its an amazing game and should eventually complete it. I hope.

CyberPunch83
07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Dead Rising has to be one of the harder 1000 games, and The Orange Box has its 1000 split across 5 different games. If you haven't tried 'Little Rocket Man' and thrown at least 1 controller in anger, you haven't lived as a gamer. Not to mention TF2 is dead. Have fun getting 1000 kills on people that aren't there.

dwayne_hicks
07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Not to mention TF2 is dead. Have fun getting 1000 kills on people that aren't there.

Its a shame they just dont work out some cross platform play, but then again, it would be really hard to pull off all the PC tweaks and mods.

Anyway, I would have to agree with Dead Rising being a pain.

MC B0B x360a
07-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Guitar Hero series. (and Rock Band Series to a certain extent). They are skilled based, and while you can improve, its not usually enough to get the full 1,000. I would also have to say zuma, hexic, and tetris.

Skip2myluu55
07-22-2011, 09:45 PM
FFXI is the hardest by far! However, it has gotten a bit easier throughout the year's updates, it is still by far the most time consuming game. Also it's an online MMO RPG and you have to pay monthly to play.

Hallowgraves
07-22-2011, 10:35 PM
First thing that comes to mind is CoD 4 for its Mile High Club achievement. Though nearly everyone I know has it including myself.

I'm sure there are much more difficult achievements out there such as the one for GRAW's leaderboards.

Righteous Pete
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Final Fantasy XI

Deadsea 18
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Any Guitar Hero,Any Rockband. Deadrising (1) Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

Jakez123
12-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Any Bullet Hell such as Deathsmiles, Akai Katana or Dodonpachi.

/thread.

Joking, but yea, that's the hardest you'll get

F Swan
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Any Bullet Hell such as Deathsmiles, Akai Katana or Dodonpachi.

/thread.

Joking, but yea, that's the hardest you'll get

Lol I just came here to post exactly that ;)
I'll just change it to most Cave games in general.

DethHolly
12-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I saw an article on Yahoo about the ten hardest achievements to get, and number one was playing War of the Worlds on one setting with no deaths. apparently no one has ever gotten it yet.

I tried being the first one to get it on my brothers xbox because he had the game. (I wasn't about to waste my own money on it. :p) Let's just say it was fail, after fail, after fail, after fail. If anyone has that achievement yet I would gladly shake their hand.

Anywho here is a link to the article.
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/10-hardest-xbox-achievements-211201492.html

DecadentBeaver
12-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Tetris Evolution. I gave up at 250g. Just so damn annoying and I could not be bothered to waste anymore time on it.

Mirrors Edge. I got 725g from it so far, and only campaign achievement left is to complete it on hard which I will do very soon. Tried some of the time trials, and they are difficult as hell. Great game, just bloody tough as hell.

Too Human. I got the 1000g on it, but it took me just over a year to do. Some bloody tough achievements left after I hit 900g. Completing all levels without dying for 4 achievements worth 60g! You get 80g per level completion. The problem is levels are reallyy long, and enemies dish out plenty of damage. I raged quitted so many times due to World Serpent and Ice Forest levels. When I finally got it done, I was so relieved and happy.

XBLA games? I'd say both Trials deserve a mention. Along with Luxor 2, Hexic, Peggle and Splosion Man. Not completed any of them yet, but I only need 1 more achievement for Hexic to 200g that. This may take a while.

vader99
12-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Lost Planet 2. Screw that game!

Illicit
12-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Dead Rising is NOT that hard, I just finished it...just takes some patience. Mile high club as well.

Bullet hell games are a lot of fun but yeah really tough 1000s closest Ive come is Deathsmiles 2.

Stuff like NG2, DMC4, Lost Planet...I played them so long ago before I even cared about achievements and NG2 drove me nuts on the lowest difficulty...DMC4 wasnt too bad but I think I played it on easy or normal and grabbed something like 110/1000. Same with Lost Planet I think I grabbed like 225 or something like that.

F Swan
12-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Dead Rising is NOT that hard, I just finished it...just takes some patience. Mile high club as well.

Bullet hell games are a lot of fun but yeah really tough 1000s closest Ive come is Deathsmiles 2.

Stuff like NG2, DMC4, Lost Planet...I played them so long ago before I even cared about achievements and NG2 drove me nuts on the lowest difficulty...DMC4 wasnt too bad but I think I played it on easy or normal and grabbed something like 110/1000. Same with Lost Planet I think I grabbed like 225 or something like that.

The original Lost Planet is difficult, but its quite doable. Only really the first mission is hard because of the boss (On Extreme)

Deathsmiles 2 is one of the easier bullet hell games I'm afraid, only the scoring achievements pose a challenge.

THE DEADLY DOG
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Just looked up that War of the Worlds. Only one person in the world has completed it and he is from Japan.

:p

DethHolly
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Just looked up that War of the Worlds. Only one person in the world has completed it and he is from Japan.

:pWow yahoo should make another article about this gaming God. :Angel

Illicit
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
The original Lost Planet is difficult, but its quite doable. Only really the first mission is hard because of the boss (On Extreme)

Deathsmiles 2 is one of the easier bullet hell games I'm afraid, only the scoring achievements pose a challenge.

I only played Lost Planet on normal, didnt have problems with it but have not gone back to it yet. Like I said that was before I even went for achievements, would normally just play through games once and never touch them again.

Agreed on Deathsmiles 2, only missing 4 achievements, 3 of which are score achievements and I'll most likely never get them. Aside from those 3 it was probably the easiest bullet hell I've played. Maybe one day I'll watch a video from the leaderboards and see what I should be doing/what I'm doing wrong.

THE DEADLY DOG
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow yahoo should make another article about this gaming God. :Angel

Yeah no kidding. Truly impressive lol.

F Swan
12-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I'd also like to give a shout out to 'Vanquish'
Challenge 6 on that is pretty hardcore.

Also "Child Of Eden' and "Catherine' were quite tough.

recian
12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Hands down I think the hardest game to get 1000 on is FFXI. When I was playing I spent (looking back now It was kind of wasted) 3 years on the game and only had 6 75 jobs, all others at 37 for subs, 2 rank10s and 1 of the expansions completed. You needed, at the time it was 15 then up to almost 20 jobs to 75. (which was later raised to 80 but achievements were at 75 still) Those of us who played FFXI know leveling a job to 75 is a time consuming process. Even when the game was hopping and lively it was still hard since it was purely team based and hard to solo and very few had all jobs at 75 exept a few die hard japanese players. Then when you got all jobs to 75 you had to get the nation missions to rank10 (x3) then complete the 2 game expansions to the end. I think having 100 in a craft was part of it also which is expensive and time consuming.

dusty125
12-13-2012, 01:20 AM
I think it's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (or something like that) that has an achievement for being #1 on the Global Leaderboards. That's pretty hard to do period.

Barad
12-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Apprarantly Dark Souls is pretty rough for the average gamer? I don't think I could 1000 it.

incinerator950
12-13-2012, 01:41 AM
You wouldn't be able to legitimately get 1000 in ACFA. Very few people still play outside the Blader community and some of the older guys, but Rank has been dead for a while.

Joey The Dawg
12-13-2012, 05:36 PM
I wanna try Dark Souls now that they announced the sequel but i'm kinda afraid of how challanging it might be. I have seen a few "average" gamers on my friends list complete it so i dont know.

ChickinOnaChain
12-14-2012, 02:45 PM
For me...any with MP, a difficulty above easy, collecting, x number of kills. And this is why I only have 15 complete out of 180+ games.

Dog Face
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Apprarantly Dark Souls is pretty rough for the average gamer? I don't think I could 1000 it.
I've heard that too but my friend said it's only really tough for the first 30 min.

I saw an article on Yahoo about the ten hardest achievements to get, and number one was playing War of the Worlds on one setting with no deaths. apparently no one has ever gotten it yet.

I tried being the first one to get it on my brothers xbox because he had the game. (I wasn't about to waste my own money on it. :p) Let's just say it was fail, after fail, after fail, after fail. If anyone has that achievement yet I would gladly shake their hand.

Anywho here is a link to the article.
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/10-hardest-xbox-achievements-211201492.html
Disagree with "Dedication - Crysis 2". How is that hard?

Does anyone have numbers to compare this achievement too?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1961/UPsG-Gs=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/war-of-the-worlds/achievement/60826-I-Am-Arthur-Clark.html)I Am Arthur Clark - 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete the game in one sitting without dying

Only 1 in 148,000 is expected to obtain this achievement and so far nobody has. I doubt 148,000 people even bought this game for that matter. If you were hoping for an experience like Limbos less than five deaths achievement then you will be very disappointed. This game is far longer and harder and isnt half as good. I honestly doubt anyone will ever get this achievement. Use level restart if you die. Good luck.

THE DEADLY DOG
12-14-2012, 03:30 PM
GTA IV takes some patience, time, effort, and a bit of skill/luck for 1000G as well.

All those hours of praying for an empty lobby.

Joey The Dawg
12-14-2012, 07:01 PM
GTA IV takes some patience, time, effort, and a bit of skill/luck for 1000G as well.

All those hours of praying for an empty lobby.

I remember playing late at night to get empty lobbies.

F Swan
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Amusingly most of these are time grinds, theres no difficulty in that, just time.

Mile High on COD4 is moderately difficult, and I understand Hard To The Core would take some memorisation.
RB2 and Gunstringer of course are difficult.

No one actually bought that War Of The Worlds game though ... the demo was a broken bad controlling mess.
If more people had it would have been finished by quite a few by now.

Plenty of other common games should be on there.

Hard Corps & Ikaruga for example.

And the less common.

Deathsmiles & Mushihime-sama Futari.

Jesseeh
12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2... So far I'm on Chapter 2 boss, Path of the Mentor (second highest difficulty) and I keep getting my ass beat over and over by this guy.

There was a hint that I should go for the wall and wait for him to do power attack, block it and then hit him, run away, repeat. Kind of hard, when he just slowly walks towards me and then does his combo attack, instead of power attack. Can't block half of his attacks.

Just can't imagine how hard this game is on the highest difficulty...