PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Power is Kind of Neat - Doesn't Unlock :@

StupidDecDec
08-18-2009, 10:29 AM
This game started off great but now im beginning to realise how annoying it can be, iv tried winning on king difficulty without changing governments 3 times now, and never unlocks. just tried it on emperor difficulty with no luck.

Anyone had the same problem??
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

TScherbauer82
08-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Make sure you pick a Civ that starts on Despotism. I looked on 2K Games' forums for easier domination victory strategies and came across answers to this problem. Every post I've read says to set your difficulty to King and use a Civ that starts with Despotism. From there don't change your government and the achievement should unlock. I've gotta get this one too still. If I have any problems I'll let you know.

StupidDecDec
08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Cheers mate il try that method.

SpinelesS
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I got this, and the 1 city achievement really easily by doing the Beta Centauri scenerio.

1. Settle city, and fortify you guard unit
2. Go to city and switch from science to cash with the Y button.
3. Build Culture, cash, food, and then production buildings/wonders.
4. once you get enough cash, build a world bank and win.

If you come into contact with another civilization, build up an army or two.

I found this method faster than getting a science win for each civilization with the lightning scenerio, It takes more turns, but pressing B will pass multiple turns if nothing is happening so its Faster overall.

On the lower difficulties, your level 31 city will be enough to win a domination victory (havent tried it on the harder ones)

yamiseth
10-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Make sure you pick a Civ that starts on Despotism. I looked on 2K Games' forums for easier domination victory strategies and came across answers to this problem. Every post I've read says to set your difficulty to King and use a Civ that starts with Despotism. From there don't change your government and the achievement should unlock. I've gotta get this one too still. If I have any problems I'll let you know.

i can confirm this. i played as england who starts as a monarchy, and it did not unlock. then i played as america who starts as despotism and it did unlock.

Taldane
01-23-2010, 03:32 AM
I won three times without changing and it didn't unlock. I cleared my cache and deleted the game off my hard drive. I reloaded everything and it unlocked the 4th time. I used the Spanish on king difficulty and only had one city. I won an economic victory without even knowing what the other cultures were.

Brad4815
02-15-2010, 04:01 AM
I got this, and the 1 city achievement really easily by doing the Beta Centauri scenerio.

Yeah, I got both of those achievements in one play-through on Beta Centauri. :/

Ares 360
11-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I have the same problem and I hope this advise with Despotism will help.:eek:

Delphan Rane
02-28-2011, 04:50 AM
I too was having problems, 'till I came upon this thread. Even after deleting the game, saves, and clearing the cache it still would not work with England. So I used the Americans b/c they start with Despotism and that did the trick. I guess it counts any other government as a 'change', even if you start out w/ it.

Wario
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
You can get it with the 1000AD achievement described in another thread.

Sirfacee
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Can also Confirm: Use despotism. England Or Rome Didn't Unlock for me. Just got the cheevo yesterday! also use a technology victory on Lightning Round, easy easy easy. Good Luck Bro