PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying?

F Swan
08-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I've not seen much information about this game at all, But I want to get another shooter ... So I'm thinking this, DeathSmiles or DoDonPachi?

MachineAres
08-19-2009, 01:51 AM
This is definitely the best bang for your buck as far as shooters go, the game is 4 very different shooter games all compiled into one disc, and tons of gameplay variety as well as some pretty challenging achievements. The other games you mentioned are quite good, but are fairly short, all things considered. Death Smiles has a lot of content if you want to pay 16 bucks for the DLC, otherwise its fairly short. And, if they're still circulating around, this game also comes with a bonus DVD with about an hour and a half of content on it featuring professional players playing through various game modes, official arcade tournaments, interviews with developers and players, and audio commentary :)

F Swan
08-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the reply! This is one that caught my eye, I don't however know alot about it lol.
I read a comparison saying its like the shoot-em-up version of Wario Ware? Is that about right? I just want something a bit different :) Is it co-op play?

... Totally off topic I'd love ThunderForce IV on XBLA!

MachineAres
09-01-2009, 02:49 AM
No, its not like Wario Ware of shmups. While it has a similarity in having a LOT of different content, they're all controlled like a regular shmup where you move a ship and avoid things while shooting, and its not like "play this game for 3 seconds then go to the next one." While yes, there are what you'd call mini-games, most of them last at least a few minutes depending how good you are at them. They're tests of pure skill not just ridiculous crap like Wario Ware. And yes there is co-op as well as versus play in all the shmup skills tests, and co-op in all the other modes except Minus Zero.

F Swan
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks! I was getting a bit worried it was going to be 3 second games. that would annoy me so much! Glad to hear its alot different, I'll be getting it soon now :) Thanks for the info.