PDA

View Full Version : Most misleading arcade game?

A Thrifty Jew
08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
As soon as i saw this was coming to the arcade i thought pfft this will be cake. I bought it because i remember i always loved playing some trials game on the computer. Then i saw the achievements and i thought hmm shouldn't be so bad. Allll the way up to the last level of hard i had basically no problems at all. I was having a good time. Then, it all started when i hit King of the Hill on hard. I cannot count how many infuriating times i had to restart over and over just to get over the first obstacle. Then, after that part where you jump off a box onto the 2 boards after i reached the top i wiped out, and for some reason i pressed back, restarting me all the way.. I later beat that and started on extreme. To this moment i've only been able to beat the first level on extreme. On going up, I failed out on the part after you go backwards down a jump and have to get up this ramp with a stupid box in the middle of it, and the part on inferno 2 where you have to jump from a pipe to a crate to 2 boards that are at like impossible angles and then get enough speed to hit some barrel just soooo far out. I was really determined to beat these but i've gotten to the point where ive given up. And that marathon achievement, whats with that? Seriously...? I have no problems with challenging achievements, but i felt they just added this to be dicks. As they did with alot of the obstacles!

Short version: Shits fucking hard..

NameTaken69
08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
King of the Hill was gaaaaaaay. I can usually finish it every attempt now but I still despise it. Goin' Up is ridiculous.. I'm at the part just after u have to go backwards down that ramp.. at a ramp that has a rectangle box you have to bunny hop on all while keeping enough speed to get up it, I get stuck there everytime.

And yeah.. this game put's the ACHIEVE in Achievement. I like gamerscore but I don't care enough about it that it make's me dislike a game.

Zxello
08-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Read reviews imo. All the reviews I read stated something to the affect of 'Once I got over that part and finished the track I thought to myself "I never want to do that again".' If that doesn't tell you it's a hard game then I don't know what is... I find it fun.

Samtman
08-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Read reviews imo. All the reviews I read stated something to the affect of 'Once I got over that part and finished the track I thought to myself "I never want to do that again".' If that doesn't tell you it's a hard game then I don't know what is... I find it fun.

that is exactly how I felt after every extreme level. No way am I ever going for the silver and gold medals on them.

velho lobodomar
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
this seem to be a really hard game. i have already downloaded it but as i am still going for A ranks on ikaruga, which take forever, i wonīt mix two stupidly hard games and concentrate in one at a time.

Helg0r
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
this seem to be a really hard game. i have already downloaded it but as i am still going for A ranks on ikaruga, which take forever, i wonīt mix two stupidly hard games and concentrate in one at a time.

Only thing is that Ikaruga isn't unfair to the degree that you have to complete 24 tracks without error... Ikaruga allows errors...

Besides that Trials is just frustrating... kinda wish I didn't buy it >_<"

DENAz666
08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Wait till you try inferno 2... i also thought King of the hill was hard, but would take it anyday of inferno 2! Also with the extreme ones i really only found the second and the last one hard, the rest were difficult, but not crazy hard like the rest.

I finished the first one on extreme in like 28 minutes and 50 seconds... i only had one minute before the time ran out!! man i would have gone nuts if the time had of run out when i was one obstacle away from the finish line!

Zxello
08-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Only thing is that Ikaruga isn't unfair to the degree that you have to complete 24 tracks without error... Ikaruga allows errors...

How is trials HD unfair? Because one achievement requires you to be perfect? There are other games that have harder achievements than this. I'm down with it being hard. Even though I doubt I'll be able to get marathon man, only achievement I need.

acdougla17
08-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Inferno 2 is not very hard... Except for that 1 friggin jump with the 2 angled pallets...

I would just play until I got to that part and then spend 10 minutes on it. after that I would restart and get to that point again and spend another 10 min. Its actually not too hard if you get used to feathering the throttle so you can get the bike to a dead stop on the slant. The rest of the level took me around 5 minutes total to get past on my first time getting there. This really was the only level I found REALLY annoying. I got the other 3 extreme levels done first try (they still took at least 20min each). King of the Hill was challenging but not ridiculous. But this has got to be 1 of the most fun arcade games I have ever played.

NameTaken69
08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I would just play until I got to that part and then spend 10 minutes on it. after that I would restart and get to that point again and spend another 10 min.

OMG. That's one reason I wish there was a way to load a certain checkpoint to work on a tough section.. Though I can see why you can't, make's it more of a challenge which isn't a bad thing.

I've been really frustrated at times playing this game.. but I still have a lot of fun.

Helg0r
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
How is trials HD unfair? Because one achievement requires you to be perfect? There are other games that have harder achievements than this. I'm down with it being hard. Even though I doubt I'll be able to get marathon man, only achievement I need.

But you can't ask for perfection with random physics and sloppy controls, can you?

Zxello
08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
But you can't ask for perfection with random physics and sloppy controls, can you?

The physics are fine and the controls work great. You just have to know what to do with them to make the bike do what you want... You can't just blow through a track constantly holding forward. ;-)

Helg0r
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah maybe I lack skill when I comes to this game, I won't deny that ;) But it should not happen that when I start from a checkpoint and just hold down the acceleration button I get a number of different outcomes... I just feel like there is a factor beyond the control of the player...

velho lobodomar
08-20-2009, 05:06 PM

from what i heard people saying, trials is even harder than ikaruga, i agree with you. but i canīt handle two frustrating games at the same time, so i wonīt be playing this one anytime soon :(

off-topic: just got another A rank on ikaruga yesterday :woop: