PDA

View Full Version : Marathon is ridiculous

o D M C o
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Ive tried for a week solid to get the Marathon achievement and my best efforts result in about 20 something faults. If I have a really good run i think i could get it down to about 10 - 15 but thats gonna be about the limit. According to the scoreboards the games had 100k + downloads and the nearest anyone has gotten to perfection is 10 faults. In fact only about 1% of the people who downloaded the game have even registered a score on the last tournament. I dont know if its likely, or even possible, but i think the Devs need to admit an error in judgement and ammend the fault limit to at least 10 for the Marathon achievement, which is still very challenging, given that only 1 person in the world has achieved this. Just from a business angle this makes sense as there will be loads of 100% junkies who wont download the game because 200 points is near impossible, not to mention those of us who have already invested, who will decide not to buy any future DLC because we have become sick of the game trying to get Marathon. I dont for 1 minute expect them to listen, but please add your support if you want Marathon ammended.

DENAz666
08-20-2009, 01:23 AM
I know what you mean mate, but i think they should leave it. It will make it that much sweeter when you finally do get it, its a cheevy for the truly hardcore players. I recon give it a week and someone will have cracked it.

o D M C o
08-20-2009, 02:43 AM
You're right that someone will do it, ive seen the replays of a few players who evidently have the skill to do it. But an achievement that 5 or 6 people out of 150,000 can get just seems insane to me. Im not asking for it to be easy, just not gamepad crushingly annoying!

Evo Kazz
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
People will get it, but it will be down to luck, nobody can have skill in this game its too random. The physics are just crazy.

Although some skill helps.

DENAz666
08-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Apparently 4 people have already got the acheivement!?

NameTaken69
08-20-2009, 08:34 AM

Just looked at the leaderboards and the closest person is at 10 faults.. i'm pretty sure that is a developer or atleast someone that has to do with the game sitting in 1st...

Ug the Mean
08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe the DLC will come with extra bikes to help with Marathon - or something like Sticky Wheels or Low Gravity cheats. Here's hoping!

lu3mm3l
08-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Maybe the DLC will come with extra bikes to help with Marathon - or something like Sticky Wheels or Low Gravity cheats. Here's hoping!

Nope, there won't be sticky wheels or low gravity cheats. If they offer DLC (which is realistic after 100k people bought the game) I guess they might include 2-3 new Bikes and new courses but that will be it.

Xbob
08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Nope, there won't be sticky wheels or low gravity cheats. If they offer DLC (which is realistic after 100k people bought the game) I guess they might include 2-3 new Bikes and new courses but that will be it.

The DLC will for sure feature new objects to use in the level editor and some new tracks to get a gold (or even platinum) medal on :)

This achievement in my honest opinion is way too hard if not the hardest to get EVER! If someone manages to get this one legit I owe him much respect and kudo's +1337! Although I highly doubt someone will get this one legally...

I'm on 160/200 and for me this counts as a 100%

SuperHobo
08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
OK Guys,

There is only one way to get this fixed; email the developers and ask for a patch. I have their email address:

tero.virtala@redlynx.com

kim.lahti@redlynx.com

The achievements is unreasonable and unattainable. Please email them and ask for a fix but also please be polite and respectful. I am sure they will listen if enough people do it.

Go do it... DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JVodka
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM

the people listed with it on mygamercard.net got it offline, so it's suspicious.

McApree
08-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Why do you want to change it? The game is about crushing difficulty. THe only reason I think anyone would want to change it is because they want to be done with the game and have their 200G. Deal with it. Get better. Practice. If you can't get it, well then, too bad,.

JVodka
08-22-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm cool with achievements almost no one can get. It makes it an actual achievement to strive for. It's like some of the Guitar Hero achievements or Call of Duty Mile high type stuff.

Soul crushing achievements can be fun too.