PDA

View Full Version : Kitase “aiming” for FFXIII 360 to ship on 3 DVDs

KFZ Scrubs
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/confirmed-kitase-aiming-for-ffxiii-360-to-ship-on-3-dvds/
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2009/08/ffxiii.jpg

The 360 version of FFXIII will ship on multiple DVDs, producer Yoshinori Kitase confirmed to VG247 at GamesCom today.“This is not the final count as we’re still working on it, but we’re aiming for about three discs for the Xbox 360 version,” said the developer.Kitase went on to assure that the two versions will be practically identical, although he did concede that there are likely to be “subtle differences” between the two.“The 360 version and the PS3 version should be pretty much equal, both in terms of content and the visuals as well,” he added.“Since the hardware is different, there might be some subtle differences if you compare screenshots side by side, but the team’s being very careful about the compression of the data and the visuals, so that it’s exactly the same on both.”FFXIII releases this winter in Japan and next year in the US and Europe.
Ohhh man, this is going to be kind of hectic. Three discs?
Reminds me of when i played FF7

anti41
08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
its not to bad i remember playing metal gear solid on the ps1 and that had 2 discs i think and i still loved it

cobratodd
09-05-2009, 04:40 AM
its got 10 discs

antnie
09-05-2009, 05:00 AM
its got 10 discs
What has 10 discs?

Solaryt
09-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Awww :(. Hate it when games get release with multi-disk lol. Reminds me of the time i traded in my disk 4 of Lost Odyssey by accident D=. Had to but the whole 4 disks again just to play it hehe.

KFZ Scrubs
09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I feel bad for the japanese people, the game is going to be selling for 100 dollars over there. I hope that it isn't the same for us here in the States though.

Kairi
09-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I feel bad for the japanese people, the game is going to be selling for 100 dollars over there. I hope that it isn't the same for us here in the States though.
It is probably selling over there for 100 yen, which is not like $100 USD. Not sure what the exact difference is though.

Hopefully it is on three disks and not four. I have nothing holding half of the Lost Odyssey disks in place, when I open up the case they fly out -_-

KFZ Scrubs
09-10-2009, 11:48 PM
It is probably selling over there for 100 yen, which is not like $100 USD. Not sure what the exact difference is though.

Hopefully it is on three disks and not four. I have nothing holding half of the Lost Odyssey disks in place, when I open up the case they fly out -_-

Lol, no... it's selling for like 8,000 something yen which is almost a hundred dollars. That's a little bit more than they sell games... maybe by like 1000 or 2000 yen. I used to live in Japan (recently in fact) and games usually cost that much over there.
A game worth 100 yen is freaking crazy, that's how much it cost to play an arcade game there.

darquesyde
09-11-2009, 12:47 AM
To me it just isn't FF unless it has mutliple discs.

Just hope they have the fold out cases with each disc and not the stacked "spindle" case like they did with Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon.

ImmortalArbiter
09-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, they need to stop being so cheap with RPGs and have half decent holders for multiple disc games. Lost Odyssey really ticked me off with how they handled their cases here in America, but then Square Enix released the nice "fold over" cases for The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery (2 Discs each), but with Star Ocean: The Last Hope (3 Discs), it's back to disc stacking. Why?!?!?!?!?!

Selections
11-07-2009, 04:50 AM
How does installing multidisc games on the 360 handle? Is it similar to the way a PC would do it. ie "Please insert disc x to continue?".

Might have to think about getting the 250gb HDD soon.

DarkSeraphim198
11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
How does installing multidisc games on the 360 handle? Is it similar to the way a PC would do it. ie "Please insert disc x to continue?".

Might have to think about getting the 250gb HDD soon.

You would be able to install all 3 discs on your HDD (if you have the room) but you will still be required to use the appropriate disc when playing the game.

Only benefit of installation is to make the game's loading times less (if it has any) and of course it lowers the noise produced by the console etc.

LilGurgi
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
You would be able to install all 3 discs on your HDD (if you have the room) but you will still be required to use the appropriate disc when playing the game.

Only benefit of installation is to make the game's loading times less (if it has any) and of course it lowers the noise produced by the console etc.

It's better then nothing. The lack of the "roaring fighter jet" sound is enough of a reason to install the game on the HDD.

sweatdog
11-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Actually, changing discs doesn't bother me. There was an odd sort of thrill when changing discs on games such as FF7, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Like some sort of major point in the story had been reached.

I do agree with the other posters that they need to be packaged well, though!