PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly more Centers

TheColdWolf
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey, dose anyone know when and were gamefly is opening more distribution centers?

Ryot Control
08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
They're not.

Ingles
08-20-2009, 04:51 PM
It took them a while to open the fourth facility, so if they did choose to open any more, I'm betting it would be a long time before anything like that would ever happen.

SaintKnight
08-20-2009, 05:14 PM
It would be really nice if they did, maybe get one in Michigan so I can get them way earlier :P

KFZ Scrubs
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Question:
Where can i find these gamefly locations?
Is it on there website?
Because now that i'm stateside i'm interested in using it.

TheFalcon
08-20-2009, 06:28 PM
if i remember correctly their 4 locations are:
Tampa, Florida
Austin, Texas
Philly, PA (not sure, pretty sure it's somewhere in PA
LA, CA

i live in orlando, fl so the one's shipped from tampa come quick, 2 days tops. anything from austin or philly takes 3 days and i haven't been shipped from LA yet.

bobbowski
08-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Here are the four current centers:
Los Angeles, CA
Pittsburgh, PA
Tampa, FL
Austin, TX

McKaystyles
08-20-2009, 06:38 PM
oh they are opening a 5th center, in my basement suckas! cuz i have the 4 disc subscritpion and i keep em going crazy with sending them back liek with in 5 hours all the time, so they prob lose money with my account.. but they did send me madden 2010 a day before it came out, i dont know how or why.

Muslixthemighty
08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Four games at one time, damn! Do they still say "For just a quarter a day, you can borrow 5 games?"

It takes 4 days for a game to travel from Pittsburgh to Vermont. They need to get a plant closer to the Northeast, either Mass or NY.

KFZ Scrubs
08-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmm.. so the closest to me would be PA... or Tampa.
Lol, i have no idea which one is geographically closer to me!

McKaystyles
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
its b.s, let me put it this way. i put star wars force unleashed in on monday morning, first pick up, they have not sent me a notification they have got it yet, prob will today. and then it takes them liek a day to figure out which game they are going to send you. riiiipp off.

ferrara316
08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
its b.s, let me put it this way. i put star wars force unleashed in on monday morning, first pick up, they have not sent me a notification they have got it yet, prob will today. and then it takes them liek a day to figure out which game they are going to send you. riiiipp off.

yeah im from NY so i got The Pitt as my main shipping center. It takes two days to get my game, and than 2 days for me to receive the next one WHEN they actually send something. They wait like an extra day or 2 to ship a game that is "AVAILABLE NOW" this is why i am canceling my service.

bobbowski
08-20-2009, 07:22 PM
That sucks for you guys. I always have had great success with their service. If I send a game back on Monday, I get a new one no later than Friday (usually Thursday), as long as they have it. Which is the one problem I do have with them. They don't always have a great number of games and it's hard and takes forever to get some games sometimes.

Overall, I would suggest anyone thinking about it to give them a try. They use to have a trial period for the first month for a reduced rate, may still have it.

EOU Findub
08-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, they said they were going to open a Northwest center but that plan apparently went down the toilet. I think the article I read about it was like in January of this year.

Anyways, the service is far too poor for me and with the opportunity of a pass for less and I can rent as many games as I want for as long as I want from the local rental store...I will be canceling this month. :(