PDA

View Full Version : Any point of rank?

FoxRacing1234
08-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Is there any point of gaining ranks in this game, besides getting a nifty badge? I'm not that far along so I'm just wondering since I haven't seen anything different.

Tatanko
08-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Nope, not really. Merely a show of effort and time put in.

FoxRacing1234
08-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Okay, thanks! I figured so, especially for an arcade game.

CGPsaint
08-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Is there any point of gaining ranks in this game, besides getting a nifty badge? I'm not that far along so I'm just wondering since I haven't seen anything different.

No purpose whatsoever. Most of the people I see in my games with the highest rank, generally finish each game with the lowest scores. Unlike Trueskill, with this rank system (a la COD4) you will rank up regardless of skill simply based on how much you play. I think that it would be nice to see people lose points for playing poorly. This would help to get the dickheads who want to screw around every game to either play the game the way that it was meant to be played, or at least move on to a different game!

Tatanko
08-23-2009, 05:23 AM
No purpose whatsoever. Most of the people I see in my games with the highest rank, generally finish each game with the lowest scores. Unlike Trueskill, with this rank system (a la COD4) you will rank up regardless of skill simply based on how much you play. I think that it would be nice to see people lose points for playing poorly. This would help to get the dickheads who want to screw around every game to either play the game the way that it was meant to be played, or at least move on to a different game!
True, but you would have to play a TON to get high in rank if you weren't good at the game. I'm usually 1st or 2nd place in my games and it's taking me quite some time to rank up (and will only take longer and longer).

Jeff.Spectre
08-24-2009, 12:00 AM
i love ranking systems in games, especially ones with no achcievements attacjed coz it takes u back to how games used to be, when u pleyed them just to enjoy the game.
i mean admit it wenever u rank up on any game u get just a little bit of excitment.
its lame i know, but lame is good

halofan1989
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
i love ranking systems in games, especially ones with no achcievements attacjed coz it takes u back to how games used to be, when u pleyed them just to enjoy the game.
i mean admit it wenever u rank up on any game u get just a little bit of excitment.
its lame i know, but lame is good

I don't think it's lame.
Games are meant to be enjoyed.