PDA

View Full Version : Quick question sbout pc games with achievements

Infection Ftw
08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Do you have to be connected to xbox live for them to unlock? Or can you get campaign achievements without being signed in to xbox live?

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
It depends on what game you play. In example: Halo 2 has offline achievements and online achievements. You do not to be signed into xbox live you just need to be signed in as your profile.

Infection Ftw
08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
So for example I can get the Legendary achievement for Halo 2 without being on xbox live?

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-21-2009, 09:05 AM
If you have the PC version and you're signed in on your account. Yes.

Infection Ftw
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks then I should be able to get some achievements on holiday:P

Gravedigger31133
08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Older games like Halo 2 require you to be online to get achievements. New games like GTA IV will let you unlock them offline.

Infection Ftw
08-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Ow fuck...that sucks..going on holiday with my laptop but without internet access....at least I can practice the levels on Legendary I suppose..:(

neok182
08-21-2009, 09:33 PM
okay, now for someone who knows what they're taking about.

Ever since the 1.5 update you've been able to get achievements offline (obviously multiplayer ones you have to be online)

But all single player achievements can be done offline without any problems at all.

but just remember, just like on your xbox, you have to connect to the internet to have them update. and i don't think it happens anymore, but there were some people who lost achievements if they went on their xbox and earned achievements before updating from the pc first.

Porpoise King
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM

Ever since the 1.5 update you've been able to get achievements offline (obviously multiplayer ones you have to be online)

But all single player achievements can be done offline without any problems at all.

but just remember, just like on your xbox, you have to connect to the internet to have them update. and i don't think it happens anymore, but there were some people who lost achievements if they went on their xbox and earned achievements before updating from the pc first.

Shouldn't happen anymore. At one time I was actually boosting MP achievements on the PC while playing on 360 ;D

Gravedigger31133
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM

Ok I thought that update only allowed you to get achievements offline in newer games.

A 2rue boofer
08-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I have all the PC games but my dam computer went downhill and I can't play any of them.