PDA

View Full Version : Gold, Tome, and Intel Locations so Far

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
G = Gold Bars/Bags
I = Intelligence Documents
T = Tomes

M2 – the city
Intel 1 – located in the black market hideout upstairs in a china cabinet that you open using the accessible power.
G1 – When you are at the K safehouse, make your way to the attic. On the opposite end of the room from the stairs leading up, is your first bag.
G2 – as soon as you exit the safe house and are following the man, before you go up the stairs in an alcove is the next bag.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:47 AM
G3 – after taking out the two Nazis standing guard after he says “theres a patrol”, go down some stairs, fight some more Nazis, and around the corner to the left there is a chain fence. Behind the fence is the next bag near some boxes.
I2 – as you round the corner after g3 moving along with your objective you will notice some stairs to your left. Go up the stairs and move past the set that leads you down on the other side. Sitting on the stone railing, with a nazi flag in front, is intel 2.
G4 – the next bag of gold is not located in the same location that I2 is. Go to the right corner in a lit alcove to find G4.
G5 – To the left of the alcove that you found G4 in is a sewer. Remove the hatch, drop down and G5 is right behind you.
I3 – In the Nazi patrol house, go upstairs. In the dresser that you search is 3.
G6 – The safe right next to the dresser in a locked safe is G6.
G7 – On the other side of the barricade and the Nazi patrol house, there is another set of rooms you can go into. The door on the right will have a green emblem that you cannot access yet, but the left door will be open. Go through and head up the stairs. You will meet another black market agent, and standing behind him, behind some barrels will be G7.
I4 – After you are finished with the two houses, continue under the bridge passed the nazi check point. There will be an accessible door on your right. Enter the house and head right under the stairs. There will be a guy talking about paying back what he owes the black market. I4 is right behind him.
G8 – as you enter the room with the truck that is preparing to go to the dig site, jump on to the hood of the truck and then onto the top. Scale the cross beams that are going across and straight N from both door ways in a corner is G8 up on the cross members in a corner.

Back in the city – Midtown West - after the dig site
I5 – Now that you have veil powers, go through the hallway on the right across from the Nazi outpost and enter the door. The intel is sitting to your left on a desk.
G9 – Move passed the Nazi Camp, passed the two staircases, and you will see some veil stairs in between two buildings straight in front of you. Go up them, and into the house with the wood plank leading through the window. Turn around once you enter the window and it is in between two wood pieces.
G10 – Go back out the window, across the plank, shift to the veil and scale the roof to the hole in the building that the veil has created. Go downstairs passed the two guys, turn around and in a cupboard under the stairs in a steel case is G10.
T1 – If you remember the sewers you transgressed to get G5, you need to go back there. Go into veil mode passed the door, you will see a red skull block in the wall. Bash it to reveal Tome 1.
I6 – Continuing through the city your marker will tell you to continue straight up the stairs. Instead go left through an open gate. Immediately to your right you will find a locked gate. Passed that is a house you can enter. Upstairs in a filing cabinet that you search is scope intel.
G11 – continue passed the blockade and archway from the I6 house and move through a lit alleyway. A door to a house right in front is accessible. Enter and find the piece in a closet to the left.
G12 – If you remember a sewer lid that could not be accessed when you first entered Midtown west across from the Black market, this is the location you must enter. Head to the right down the hall and it is on your right in an alcove across from the black market door.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM
T2 – In the tavern area with the statue horse, switch to veil and located directly in front of it is some veil stairs. Climb those, mount the fire escape and break the stone panel to reveal the time.

T3 – Looking passed the horse (directly behind it) you can see this location. It is in an alleyway.
I7 – In the same area as T3 to the left of the horse is the warehouse which cannot be accessed yet. Enter the alcove and to the right behind some boxes is the intel. The fence may or may not have been locked before.
G13 – At the Fork where the road signs read Schliemannstrabe and Steinerplatz, take Schliemannstrabe passed the flags till it dead ends in a room. Break the door and behind it in a case is the next piece.
G14 - Continuing passed G13 down the alley, flip to the veil which reveals the stairs on the wall with a sniper on the cat walk. Take him out, go up the veil wall stairs and enter the building. On the desk to the right is the next gold piece.
G15 – from the alley that the safe house is in, you will speak to a man, on some stairs to the left of the safe house that will tell you the rooftops are a good place to scale. Go until it dead ends and turn around. There is a ledge you can use to get onto the roof top. Follow it around to the right and you will see a wood balcony that you can jump to. Jump to it and go through to find the gold.
G16 – Across the street from I6 there are some boxes that you can jump on to access the roof. Jump on the roof and follow it around continuning to jump higher on the left side. When you get to the top look right and break the window out, enter and collect the gold in the cupboard.
G17 – In the same room as G16, there is a veil symbol on the wall. Enter into veil mode, cross through the wall, go across the roof tops across a plank leading from one house to another. Behind the over turned cabinet, is G17.
G42 - In the rafters in the same room as G17 is this gold piece.
G18 – Accept the mission from Caroline and follow XX to Mid East. Once there, go to through the door to your immediate right, find two guys who have just killed a Nazi. Continue through the closet in the back and the gold is on a shelf to the left.
I8 – The next house on your left is accessible after G18. Enter, go up the stairs and underneath a corner table is the intel about grenades.
G19 – in the same house as I8 in the room following the I8 find under a desk is the gold.
G20 – Exit the G19 house and follow it around to a hole in the wall into another building. First door on your right has the gold.
I9 – exit the structure that G20 was found in through the same way you went in and follow it around to the right. You will notice a door that leads back to Mid West. Passed that down a hall is the intel about “wanted for treason – Engle” under a table.
G21 – Before you go down the road where all the troops are stationed, passed the two locked doors, on the opposite side of the G20 building is another alley with a ladder going up. To the left of the ladder is another gold box.
G22 – In the same garage you start the church mission in, as soon as you enter the building there is an alcove to your right with the gold stashed in plain sight.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Church Area
G1/19 – Down on the second floor on the right side of the stairs under a bookcase that is leaning against the wall.
G2 – Upstairs on a balcony in between where you emerge from the building.
G3 – near the machine gun nest with the shield, it is to the right of the stairs leading up, in an alcove.
I1 – It is in a heap of rubble to the right of the first MG42 behind the blue shield.
G4 – As you approach the second MG42 nest, before you take the gunner out, the gold is on a shelf.
G5 – there is a hole in the roof where a beam has fallen through in the second MG42 nest behind the blue shield. Jump a few times and get your ass up there. Follow the beam around to a set of boxes in that same scaled area. It is facing the area you came in and near some flames
G6 - Scale to the other building and through the doorway to the left is the next gold piece in a bag after G5 and I2.
I2 – Intel Two is on the balcony on the outside to your right on the wall after you jump up through the roof.
G7 – after G6, shift to the veil and go through the right side wall onto the catwalk. Go down the catwalk and across to the other side of the street.
G8 – after you dynamite the door following everyone through the gate, go through the second doorway on your right will be the next bag behind a chair.
G9 – As you progress everyone will hide behind a wall for cover. Behind them near some boxes is this one.
G9 – Passed the blown apart walls where everyone is hiding for cover, on the right side (left side of stairs) is an alcove that has it in a steel box.
I3 – Up the stairs next to G8 is the first piece. (warning for mortar fire)
G10 – where the heavy trooper emerges, behind him and the wall.
G11 – In the first garage/engine room/machine shop you come to after the blown apart gate in the next area passed the heavy trooper. There is a gate that is open, look in there.
G12 – behind the two cars in the garage that were impossible to park.
I2 – on a desk at the top on the second floor of the garage all the way around counter clockwise in that office.
G12 – behind I2
G13 – With mortars going off all around you after you jump down from the blown apart garage, follow the wall left to a blown apart shop with a gold piece in it. Water will be cascading from something.
I3 – in the house across from where you emerge from the mortar fire house “Victory is nearly ours!”
G14 – At the end of the alley there are a bunch of Nazis firing at you through the windows. You have to veil through a wall at the end of the street across from the I3 house.
G17 – Before breaking the wooden planks to drop down for IX, there is a bathroom to the right. Next to the tub, is this gold piece.
I4 – Progress through the rest of the area along the wooden planks through all the bombed out apartments. You will drop through the floor and walk by a furnace. Just passed the furnace in the next room on the desk sits “sewers” schematics.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:49 AM
T1/1 – Down in the sewers you will come to an open area with skulls that have candles sticking out of them. Go in back of the altar, squat down and break the opening.
G 18 – In the church straight ahead behind the machine you need to destroy is a gold piece, tough to see, amidst the electronics.
G15 – Behind the bench of the gates to the immediate left of the church entrance and exit to Mid West loc.

Thanks coverop for helping me find the couple that I needed on the Church Level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQJK4NaZP-U

Mid east
I10 Across from the Golden Dawn hideout here is a doorway you can enter. Inside on the table is the intel.
G23 – In the same garage as I10, jump up on the boxes, break the wooden crates in your way and secure G23.
G24 – Back outside, across from the Golden Dawn HQ there is an alley. Proceed down it and climb onto the catwalk to your left and enter the room following. The gold bar is on the crate.
T4 – after jumping off the catwalk back into the alley, continue down it until you find a veil font. Switch to veil mode and look into the alcove on your right. There will be a breakable hatch for the next tome.
G25 when you enter the garage to go to the farm, first jump on the truck. Jump into the back and then jump on the boxes to your left. Scoot back as far as you can and do a running jump to the left side. The gold is in plain sight.

Farm
G1 – Next to the MG42 on the other side of the house
T1 – The tome is located right near this area too. If you go back the way you came along the wooden fence, shift to the veil and you can see the block you must break in back of the first farmhouse.
G2 and 3 are in the next farm house after the nazi truck pulls up to your left. Its up in the attic.
I1 – Farmhouse next to the barn.
I2– Same as I1.
G4 same as above Ix
I upstairs
G5 upstairs
I4 – upstairs
G6 – cross into the shed that was locked through the second floor of the farmhouse. It is on some pallets near the entrance down to the cellar.
G7 – in the barracks in the cellar
G8 – When traveling through the garage after the barracks you will find it near some crates after you pass the first car, it is in front of the crates on your right.
G9 – in the barn on a book shelf near the tractor.
G10 – Travel down the elevator in the barn. Once you reach the bottom climb the ladder and it is to your left.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:49 AM
G11 – on the opposite side of the catwalk there is a doorway near the stairs on the right.
T2 – When you are walking across the catwalk there is a random pipe that goes up at a 45 degree angle that you can jump to from the middle of the catwalk. Jump on that follow it up to find tome 2 (thanks Glitchwerks)
I5 – In the caged room near the shield that the guy you untie deactivates
G12 – After untying the resistance fighter and the shield being disabled, go to the room on your left, enter the veil, and move down the corridor to the bag of gold.
G13-14 in the electric room through the double doors you have to veil through after you destroy the orb that disables your powers.
G15 – Drop down to the orange cavern after you destroy the orb that disables your power and in the right corner is another bag.
G16 – The second mg42 that has a shield, veil through the walls and it is to his left.
G17 – up above
G18 – As you emerge into the lake area, there is a walkway to your right that has a case on top of it.
G19??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOjwtZ_2xg – you cant beat a youtube walkthrough. Coverop is putting out 1 per day.

Before the Hospital – Midtown East
G26 – after speaking with the Golden Dawn, follow the path past the tanks that were burning into an intense fire fight. There is a building on the left side that has a ladder going up the side. Take the ladder into the room for this one and it is on the shelf.
G27- After picking up G26, go down the hallway in the same house until you come to the last door and it dead ends. Open it and jump across to the small opening in the building. Break the box and it is located right behind there.
G-28 Continue passed the hospital entrance and you will find an alley with a crate blocking it. Jump the crate and the bag is directly behind.
G29 Follow the same building set around counter clock wise, just passed g28, flip into veil, and go up the ladder on the side of the building. Look to your left and you will notice a ledge that has the bag of gold on it.
G30 – Passed the archway that goes to Mid West, there is another alley that will take you to Mid West as well. Near there is a doorway you can enter. To the left of the front door on the right side of the table is this one.
I11 – upstairs from G30 is this piece of intel in a filing cabinet.
I12 – Next to the cabinet on a bookshelf in the same location as I11.
T5 – Leave the building of I12 and continue going Counter Clockwise. You will come to a Nazi patrol gate and find a ladder leading up the side of the building. In an alcove to the right as soon as you get up is another ladder leading down to a dead end. Drop down from that little ladder in the alcove, spin around, flip to Veil and break the bank for T5.
G31 – right around the corner from the SS headquarters area is an alcove with a veil ladder up the side of a building. Climb it, jump on the catwalk, enter the room and behind some filing cabinets on the right is the next bag.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:50 AM
G32 – Continuing CCW around to where you entered the area is a sunken doorway that leads to the sewers. Enter, move passed the guy, and take the ladder down to the sewers. Its on your left as soon as you drop down.
T6 – The hammer was a dead give away. The tome is located at the dead end from the ladder.
G33 – Follow the sewers and you will come to a ladder that leads to a warehouse of some type. Climb the stairs all the way to the attic space and the bag is on the table.
G34 – Advance through the warehouse until you come to a walkway that has a door with just a small piece of wood that you have to jump to and open. You will emerge on a balcony outside. Look to your left and you will see a spanable area that you can jump over to. Jump over and enter the doorway there. Kill the Nazis and go up the ladder to the attic space for this bag of gold hidden behind some boxes.
T7 – Flip to veil mode at the hospital entrance to reveal this tome.
G35 – In the fountain where all the shelling is occurring – facing the hospital is gold piece.
I13 – From the two exits to mid west from mid east – take one of them. There will be a man asking for help in the warehouse for you to complete his mission. The intel will be in a house that leads back to the main part of midtown west from the alleyway that doesn’t lead anywhere in Midtown west - you have to take one of two houses. This house is closest to the Southern Mid East/West Exit in Midtown west. It is on a table with a giant map being above it.
I14 – Upstairs in the exact same house of that listed above is the last piece of intel for Midtown. Boo Ya. This piece is located in a cabinet you must search.
G36 – Same house as I13 and I14. It is in a bag upstairs leaning against the wall.

Midtown West
37/44 – As you leave the officers house shift into the Veil. Climb the veil ladder on the side of the building that the horse statue is facing. Vault left from the veil stairs onto a wooden eave. Follow that around, jump on top of the balcony and the gold is located under a sheet of plywood.
T8 – Across from a Nazi camp that has a huge hole in the wall where the billboard is falling into and near where you start the church mission, there are some stairs that lead to two locked double doors just like the hospital area. On the ride side of the brick stairs that lead up to the locked doors is the tome. This is also the location that has the alleyway where you can access Mid West.
38 – Right across from T8 under the Nazi Billboards in the attic that is all blown to crap is another. Jump onto the crates and onto the brick wall that is severed. Jump onto the Billboard that is busted and onto the roof. Move around to the far right side of the downed billboard and drop down on the small piece of brick ledge. Crouch and squeeze past the billboard on the far right side and in the back of the attic space is the gold in a steel case.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Watch the videos - they are so much better than me explaining it - I will have the hospital done today before coverop puts his vid out tomorrow - Its a race, but I cant compete. As for the first gold piece in the farm area, thats what I missed. The first farm house (dont know how the hell i missed it - I was checking the trees and everywhere) there is a ladder that goes up to the attic. Take it and 1/19 to complete the list for the farm is done.

xrnzaaas2
08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I also couldn't find the 19th gold on farm and I've been very thorough (had no problems finding books and intel). :/ THanks fot the movie. Now that I've seen it was the last collectible I've missed. Damn it. ;)

And thanks for the info on city collectibles because they're also hard to find. :)

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
I call em Aches cause most of the time they are a pain in the ass - So anyway, as soon as you get the shield crystal, just stand there for about 10 minutes and let them ding away. It adds up pretty quick.

P1TTMAN
08-21-2009, 11:57 AM
So far, looks good! :) There's also a pretty good guide here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/returntocastlewolfenstein/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51004834&pid=930281&page=0), if you want to cross-reference.

And you can add that G11 on Train Station is on the ground in the ticket booth, in the middle of the last room of the mission (with floating nazis and stuff).

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Pitt

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Warehouse
G1/7 – As soon as you enter it is on your left on a shelving unit.
I1/4 – The first room you arrive at upstairs next to a radio. It is in a filing cabinet.
G2 – in a store room as you move past the balcony next to a desk.
I2 – In the garage that has the locked gate for the codebook, go upstairs and as you enter, on your left under the desk is intel 2.
G3 – In the same office as I2.
G4 – Go through a door that leads to an overturned office in the G3/I2 room. There will be stairs to the right of this door. Near one of the overturned desks is the bag.
G5 Downstairs from G4 in a steel case on the shelf to your left as you enter the room.
I3 – In a cabinet that you have to search directly across from G5.
I4 – There is a door located to the left of the overturned desks where you find G4. Take it onto a balcony. Enter the next door into the office for this intel.
G6 – Same as I4.
G7 – In the giant crate room where you need to drop down into the locked cage to retrieve the objective, look to your left as you are squatting through. If you are standing on the Veil symbol that you drop down from, it is in a crate alcove on your right.

Officers House
I1/4 – Downstairs in the study on your left. Its in a desk that you must search.
G1/11 – same area across from the desk
G2 – in the pantry area passed the kitchen under the sink
G3 – From the pantry go upstairs through a door to your right. There are two women in the bedroom with you and the gold is in the corner. Don’t shoot them…
I2 – Go upstairs in the main part of the house and in the soldiers quarters on your left sitting on a storage container is I2.
G4 – Under the 2nd bed in the same room as I2 on your left.
G5/6 – Leave the soldiers quarters and go passed the stairs to floor 3. Round the corner and there is a bedroom on your left. The two bags are sitting on a desk across from the fire.
G7 - On floor 3, round the balcony and enter the room. To your right is a cupboard you can open with G7 in it.
G8 – Near the fireplace behind a chair in the sitting area in the same room as G7
I3 – As soon as you are able to open the glass double doors in the same bedroom, it is straight ahead of the doors in a desk you must search.
G9 – on top of I3 desk.
G10/11 – in the secret passage in the book shelf. Both bags are located to your left.
I4 – in the secret passage of G10 and G11.
T1/1 – Directly below the painting you must smash in a box with a movable lid.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 05:45 PM
SS Headquarters
I1 – In the filing cabinet you must search behind the desk
G1 – On top of the filing cabinet
G2 – Move through the first door that you come to and turn right down a long hall. Proceed into a communications center and in the closet on the left in a steel case is G2.
G3 – Next to the closet door is another office room. In there.
I2 – On top of the desk in the same room that you found G3.
I3 – Entering the first room to your right at the top of the stairs, the cabinet that you must search directly in front of you holds the intel.
G4 – The gold is to the left on a desk near I2.
G5 – in a safe against the far right wall in the attic that you go up to destroy the Veil disruptor.
I4 – After the attic move down the hall to your right and the first room will hold this in a searchable cabinet.
G6 – Same place as I3.
G7 - on the way out of the complex through the offices on the first floor, follow it around until you get to a dark shelved in alcove. The bar is in a steel box to the right.

FakePlasticTree
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
This should be helpful. I've been doing alright finding the gold and intel, but I often miss Tomes. I couldn't find the one in the church through three playthroughs of that level.

braedinfalln86
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
awesome. this must have taken you forever.

Paladin Malac
08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Paranormal Base
G1/10 – As soon as you walk in the base it is to your right, next to the stairs.
T1 – Grab G1, flip to the veil and turn around. It is in an alcove to the right of where you came in.
I1 – On the crate to your right next to Prisoner 1.
G2 – Next to a locked gate up the stairs from where you rescued Prisoner 1.
G3 – next to G2.
G4 – Go up the stairs and follow that around until you see a sacrificed girl. Go into the room to your right and the gold is in a steel case.
G5 – The double doors in front of the sacrificed girl led will lead you to a caged room on the left. It is in here.
I2 – Next to G5.
G6 – Going back out into the main hallway and down into the sacrificial alcove will yield another bag.
I3 – Up on the third floor where you rescue the second prisoner in a searched file cabinet is the next piece.
G7 – same room as I2
G8 – Before you run into the final room to rescue prisoner 3, jump off the balcony onto some crates below for this gold piece.
G9 – under some breakable boxes in the room before you rescue the third prisoner.
I4 – In the desk near the windows in the same room as you rescue prisoner 3.
G10 – on the same desk as I3.

Midtown East
G39/44 – As soon as you leave the paranormal base, head out and down the stairs. Behind the stairs is G39
G40 – Before you head into the cannery, flip to veil and turn around. Start walking back out and in the open warehouse area, you will notice a veil ladder. Climb it for G40 in a steel case.
G41 – After you beat the cannery, advance to through the new sewer system that you have to take to get to downtown and to the left of the black market guy in an alcove is G41.

alvarado52
08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
this hurts my eyes. Good guide, but some structure to it would be nice (like color codes, spacing)

xrnzaaas2
08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Yep, best collectible guide for this game I've seen so far. Keep up the good work (with the vids as well).

John Cena NL
08-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Good guide,will help a lot for finding all.

MarcoPolo360
08-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Again, I say <3 .

Paladin Malac
08-22-2009, 01:32 AM
this hurts my eyes. Good guide, but some structure to it would be nice (like color codes, spacing)

Ya first guide - Next time we will see about making it a bit more presentable.

Steve50013
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Into the acheivement guide this goes :)

Suki
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
just to let u know this is awesome m8 this as far as i am concerned is the real guide to this game as they are the only 3 ach's that are hard to get the rest are stragiht forward, lets hope when u finish it u can put it all together on one post and they link it from the guide, awesome job m8 and thx for your hard work.

Waterboy908
08-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Seems like you and coverop are the two dudes really supplying us with real information. I've been using your guide for freeroam areas and coverop's video guides for the missions so far. Congrats on the guide so far and I hope you get to be part of the guide, you've been a really big help.

NarrBitaYarr
08-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey dude, thanks for your efforts thus far, I am looking forward to seeing a great, complete guide from you in the future. Well Done!

I do, however, have some concerns. I am following your guide, but it seems to not add up yet. I know it is incomplete, but it seems very hard to follow.

For example,

G16 – Across the street from I6 there are some boxes that you can jump on to access the roof. Jump on the roof and follow it around continuning to jump higher on the left side. When you get to the top look right and break the window out, enter and collect the gold in the cupboard.

I6 is not located in this post, nor can I find it anywhere, which means I have no reference point for this. Between post #2 and #3, there seems to be a lot missing. I would recommend that when you do end up finishing this, that you continue what it is you are doing by listing them in order of accessible appearance. So I guess just fill in the slots with some edits.
My other tidbit of constructive criticism would be to generally organize this better when you are finished. Maybe colour coding or something, just so it's a tad easier to read.

I hope you continue and complete this, I will most certainly be using this once it is done. Again, thank you and I applaud your efforts. :bow:

ponypo2001
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Shall defo use this.Thanks for the effort to you and the video maker.

Recnamocard
08-22-2009, 10:56 PM
G17 – In the same room as G16, there is a veil symbol on the wall. Enter into veil mode, cross through the wall, go across the roof tops across a plank leading from one house to another. Behind the over turned cabinet, is G17.

Also in the room with G17 is another gold, if you jump on top of the overturned cabinet and look in the rafters.

As I spent hours looking for my final piece of gold in Midtown...after being able to pass the burning tanks in Midtown East you should be able to access all but two pieces of gold in Midtown.

One of them is on top of the SS HQ, after doing the rescue mission you'll leave the HQ on a roof, under the metal steps as you enter onto the roof is a gold. If you miss this before leaving the roof you can NOT get back to it without replaying the level from a save file.

The final gold is behind the door that unlock to go to Downtown.

Paladin Malac
08-22-2009, 11:32 PM
There is so much here it is really quite difficult to put together a decent guide without a map. For Prototype, one was able to look at a map and check off when completed. This guide was put together merely as a direction for when I run through it again on Uber and dont want to delay - If I miss a few at that point it wont really matter much.

Direction is so very key, and NSEW has been added to downtown direction. This is my first, so please forgive that it was written in haste. I enjoy playing much more than I do writing.

If I do write for Arkham Asylum, I will try to make it so that it doesnt look like a rat looking for cheese in a freakin maze wrote the guide.

Lets just hope the gentleman that recorded his frap gold, tome, and intel finds, does so for the rest of the game before we all lose our minds from following this one.

Thanks for those last midtown pieces.

recoil47
08-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Also in the room with G17 is another gold, if you jump on top of the overturned cabinet and look in the rafters.

As I spent hours looking for my final piece of gold in Midtown...after being able to pass the burning tanks in Midtown East you should be able to access all but two pieces of gold in Midtown.

One of them is on top of the SS HQ, after doing the rescue mission you'll leave the HQ on a roof, under the metal steps as you enter onto the roof is a gold. If you miss this before leaving the roof you can NOT get back to it without replaying the level from a save file.

The final gold is behind the door that unlock to go to Downtown.

Could someone tell me where this "G17" room is? I cant find it anywhere. As was said above, there is no I6 in the guide so I cant use it as a reference. I've been only on top of one roof, and there was no window that I could see to break and gain entry into a room as described. Can someone point me to where in Midtown that area is?

Thanks!

Tj1zzle
08-23-2009, 06:20 AM
yo paladin whats up man, thanks for all the info, this guide is helping out a lot. i have a little something to contribute, not as much as you but atleast its something. heres a guide for radio station, unfortunately i cant find the tome... man i searched high and low but no good mayb someone can add it in. thanks again dude.

RADIO STATION

intel 1 of 4: as soon as you enter on table to your left

Gold 1 of 8: under the archways just before and to the right of the shields and veil disabler, leaning against the building

G2: in the back left corner behind the shields and veil disabler is a veil ladder. its behind the door on top of the balcony

G3:when inside the building, in the first big room with the 3 cases cases on your right and stack of boxes in front, past the boxes to the right of the stairs

G4: plain sight next to vent you need to crawl through to proceed

G5:climb up boxes and scaffolding after emerging from vent(continue past veil ladder)

I2: after dropping down from the 2nd vent on the second set of desks

G6: after I2 make right and its in the corner at the dead end of the hallway

I3: after the stair well. end of the hall to the right of the door leading to the roof, on the wall

G7: after climbing the stairs and emerging onto the roof, go right its in front of you

I4: through the doors past the AA gun on the lower half of the roof (after disabling shield), between the 2 desks on the right hanging on the wall

G8: as soon as you enter the burning stair well,its on the opposite side of the flames directly across.

Paladin Malac
08-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Really bumming me out - cant find the last two or the last tome in the Mid. If you have any to contribute please post em.

coverop
08-23-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm Working On It

fbx
08-23-2009, 08:01 AM
There's a mistake in the first mission. You are naming six intels where there are only five, two are named I3 but they both exist, and this one:

I2 – On top of the open red train car on the first set of train tracks you come across where you fought the Nazis just after you collect G4 and G5.

does not exist. The first one you call I3 must be I2 and this I2 here has to be removed.

Recnamocard
08-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Could someone tell me where this "G17" room is? I cant find it anywhere. As was said above, there is no I6 in the guide so I cant use it as a reference. I've been only on top of one roof, and there was no window that I could see to break and gain entry into a room as described. Can someone point me to where in Midtown that area is?

Thanks!

From the raised patio area (northwest part of Midtown West) there is an alley way with a veil ladder at the end of it. From the top of the ladder facing the wall there is a plank into a room on the left (there is a gold right behind you on the left if you enter this room), and a veil door on the right. Go through the veil door, and you enter a room with a door on the left and stairs leading down (there is a gold under the stairs). Go through the door and you'll get to a room with two windows looking out on rooftops (gold? and occasionally people in it). Go out the window and cross the roofs to another pair of windows you can enter. Go into the room (gold?) and there will be a veil door on the wall that is facing the street. Through the veil door, across the plank is the room with the overturned cabinet.

The way mentioned in the guide also works but the location of the crates to jump on is ambiguous.

note: I wrote this from memory so it may not be 100% accurate.

Paladin Malac
08-23-2009, 08:38 AM
tru that homes

fbx
08-23-2009, 11:18 AM
WTF? Why did you remove the first Mission?

recoil47
08-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks.

With Paladin's permission, I want to put together a comprehensive guide to all the items for posting in a new thread that can get you the "Gold Digger" achievement. I would also be interested in linking in Coverops videos to supplement it. I've basically started from Train Station Mission and have worked through getting 100% as I have gone. Also am putting things in the order that you would play through it in the game. Paladin said its like cheese leading mice through a maze....but I dont see another way to do it, so his way works. Fact is, you have to do it that way in areas like Midtown because some areas arent open at the start.

I should have a good percentage of this done by tonight, and I'm happy to give credit where credit is due, as a majority of this will be Paladin's, I'll just be filling in the holes, organizing, and rewriting a bit here and there perhaps.

Would that be helpful?

Lomas666
08-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks.

With Paladin's permission, I want to put together a comprehensive guide to all the items for posting in a new thread that can get you the "Gold Digger" achievement. I would also be interested in linking in Coverops videos to supplement it. I've basically started from Train Station Mission and have worked through getting 100% as I have gone. Also am putting things in the order that you would play through it in the game. Paladin said its like cheese leading mice through a maze....but I dont see another way to do it, so his way works. Fact is, you have to do it that way in areas like Midtown because some areas arent open at the start.

I should have a good percentage of this done by tonight, and I'm happy to give credit where credit is due, as a majority of this will be Paladin's, I'll just be filling in the holes, organizing, and rewriting a bit here and there perhaps.

Would that be helpful?

Yes please

Synergy
08-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Very Helpfull Guide, dunn if the location of this tome already mentioned, but made a screen with the map here.

PS: Just started at the Midtown West Control-Point again and will update the map as I'm playing through it, will have to do the "Dig-Site" mission again. And pleace notice that the map doesn't show the height of the location were the specific item can be found. Hope the map will be helpfull tho :)

Credit goes to Coverop, Paladin and Glitchwerks ... And pleace notice too that this Map is WIP

Regards

Midtown West right before the DigSite mission :

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3095/collectablesmidtownwest.jpg

DarthSoth
08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a couple of Intels on the zeppelin level? I missed #3 and #5 somehow. Anyone have any hints for me to find them?

Aphrodite1
08-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Recoil47, yes please. As good as the guide is at the moment, having a neater and organised list would be very useful (especially as I'm getting this game tomorrow!). Just make sure credit is given as you say you will.

DarthSoth
08-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Zeppelin

1. Go through the hole in the zeppelin made by the Particle Canon Nazi when he busts through the wall. On the crate to the left
5. Once you get to the bottom of the first set of stairs you come to. there is a scientist at the bottom. Just as you go through the next open door it is on the wall right next to the door.
2. Same room as the last one. Make your way around the catwalk. It is on the crate just before the small room with the 2 scientists that you need to plant dynamite on to activates the elevator.
3. In the room with all the mounted turrets on either side of the room. The Intel is on a box in the center section of the room
4. After the cut scene in the room where you encounter 2 soldiers and 2 scientist working at a console. Just around the metal cage on a crate.
6. Just after you drop the aircraft out of the zeppelin you will come to an weapons and ammo room. The intel is on the crate as you enter the small room.
7. In the zeppelin's main control room with the steering wheel in it. The Intel is on the big table in front of you when you first enter the room.
9. In the lower section of the area that had all the fighter planes in it, there are a bunch of ramps you need to activate to make it across. The Intel is on a crate on the left side of the 3rd cross section.
8. You enter an area with the big portal in it. You need to make your way up the ramps into a control room. The intel is on the control panel with a switch you need to activate.

This one has a messed up order for some reason.

Valiants
08-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I am missing only one more Gold in midtown, are there any tricky ones that i might have missed. Thanks for any help given.

svendkarlson
08-23-2009, 11:04 PM
im looking for dig site intel 4 should be between the traps and the intel number 5... but i just cant seem to find it been through it 23 times now lol... help please. intel name is called crystal traps i believe.

coverop
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
im looking for dig site intel 4 should be between the traps and the intel number 5... but i just cant seem to find it been through it 23 times now lol... help please. intel name is called crystal traps i believe.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169820

recoil47
08-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Im in a bad spot here. I've got 42 of 44 on Midtown. I did get the one already thats on top of the building when you exit the rescue mission, and I am already counting the one thats in the doorway to Downtown (which I dont want to leave to go to yet). So there are two out there that I havent found. I believe I have pretty much all of them on Paladin's list, but I guess I need to double check it. I also have gotten the ones some other have commented on (gold in the rafters above the overturned cabinet, etc).

The thing that sucks, is that I cant just say "hey which ones am I missing." I pretty much need to see a list of all of them and walk through to find the two I dont have. Harsh.

Id like to go on, I have a complete guide written for all collectible locations up to this point, and I want to move on, go to Downtown, and finish it up, but Im also going for the acheivement so I cant leave Midtown without these last two. Guess I need to do some wandering...

recoil47
08-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Well I found one, but damn I cant find that last one. I've been all over the place. Has anyone gotten all 44 on Midtown yet?

Gothboi666
08-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I have followed the guide word for word including other comments on where to get the gold in the rafters etc etc... but i have a problem now.... same as the one above... im missing just two gold and i dont want to go downtown just yet
please help

recoil47
08-24-2009, 02:29 AM
OK I'm going to paste in this thread, since its a work in progress anyway, my notes and revisions to Paladin's Midtown thread. This is for MIDTOWN ONLY. All of the side missions aren't covered here (but they are referenced). This is just so we all can help track down these final two pieces. I will repost the entire guide when I complete the game with all collectibles.

Once again, most of this is thanks to Paladin and what he started above. I just filled in some holes and continued on. Please review below. It accounts for All 14 Intel, all 9 Tomes, but only 43 of the 44 gold pieces.

NOTE. You will see that I have pieces 43 and 44 counted below, thats because I know that they are the "last" two pieces in Midtown. The other one is accessible earlier, so it will likely be INSERTED somewhere in the previous parts and I will renumber as needed.

So let me know what I am missing. Here we go:

Common Area: Midtown (East and West)
Total Gold: 44
Total Intel: 14
Total Tomes: 9
Midtown WEST

I1: You begin located in the black market hideout. Go upstairs and it’s in a tall dresser that you open using the accessible power.

G1: When you are at the K safe house, go upstairs, and take the hallway along the stairs. There is a room to the right. In that room is a door that leads to a ladder to the attic. On the ground at the far end of the attic is the first gold bag.

G2: As soon as you exit the safe house and you turn left following the man, where he pauses after the short part of the stairs (before continuing, up the larger part of the stairs) you will see a gold bag on the ground in the corner next to a garbage can and a crate.

G3: Your guide will say “There’s a patrol coming” and then you have to take out two Nazi guards. A firefight breaks out in the courtyard below. Go down the stairs from the two dead guards towards the courtyard. Turn left at the bottom of the stairs and walk around behind the chain link fence. Behind the fence is the next bag near some boxes.

I2: As you round the corner after G3 moving along with your objective you will notice some stairs to your left. Go up the stairs there is a stone walkway above the streets below. Continue along this and there is a table with some chairs. The Intel is on the stone railing with the Nazi flag in front directly in front of the table, which is to the left of a bench.

G4: Continue along the upper stone walkway area with the tables to the far corner. There is a little alcove in the far right. The gold bag is on the ground in that alcove on top of some wood boxes.

G5: To the left of the alcove that you found G4 in is a shimmering sewer hatch entrance. Remove the hatch, drop down and G5 is right behind you.

T1: Go back up the way you came via the winding staircase. Exit and turn left down the sewer passage. Down a bit there is another ladder going up. Before you get to the other ladder, there is a stone covering to the left on the brick wall with some symbols on it. Shoot the covering to reveal a Tome.

I3: Go up the second ladder. You will be in an alley next to a Nazi patrol house. Your guide is in the street in front in a firefight. Enter the Nazi patrol house through the door that was visible as soon as you got up the ladder. Go upstairs. There is a shimmering dresser that you have to search. The Intel is in here.

G6: To the right of the dresser you just searched for I3 is a locked safe. Open it for G6.

G7: Directly across the street from the exit of the Patrol House is an alley with a door you can enter. Go inside and take the door on the left (you cant open the other one yet) and go up the stairs. You will meet another black market agent, and on the ground behind him, behind some barrels will be a shimmering box that contains G7.

I4: After you are finished with the two houses, continue under the stone passage way through the buildings. Directly ahead will be an accessible door. Enter the door, and turn to the right. There is a closet in there with someone who is hiding from the Black Market guys. I4 is hanging on the wall to the right of the guy.

G8: As you enter the room with the truck that is preparing to go to the dig site, jump on the crate, then the back of the truck, then to the other crates and up onto the beams. Walk across the beams in the ceiling and the gold bar is in the corner on the beams, above the hood of the truck.

Now Transport to DIG SITE Mission. See that section for specifics, and then return here for continuation of Midtown items.

recoil47
08-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Return from DIG SITE Mission. Visit Caroline in K Safe House and she gives you Church Mission. Accept the Church mission, follow your guide, and then look for the items as noted below.

G9: As soon as you exit the K Safe House, do not follow the guide right away. Turn to the right and go up the stairs. There is a man at the top of the stairs that says the rooftops are a good way to get around. All the way up, you can jump onto a rooftop. Go on the roof and go straight ahead. Walk along the side of the roof until you see an opening to the next roof. Get a running start and jump at the end of the board platform and land on the far roof. Go to the back side of that buildings roof and you can see where you can drop down to a gated off area. Down there, on the left hand side by a green bench and two boxes, is a gold bag. Then go back up the ladder.

G10: Go back up the ladder from G9, jump down but return to where you first got up on the roof. Get on the roof again, this time instead of going straight, turn right and follow it along to the right. You will come to an edge where you can see that you can jump down on a wood balcony, and then into a door. In that room a gold bar is on top of some filing cabinets.

I5: Go back to the K Safe House entrance but this time, go to the left. Follow the alleys until you get to an open area, then some stairs to a raised stone patio area (where you collected I2 earlier). Go on top of the stone patio area, switch to veil and look to the left (W). Go down and head towards the Nazi Patrol house that you were in earlier when you collected I3 and G6. If you remember, you had crossed the street and entered a door in an alley, directly across from the Patrol House. There was a door to the left, and a veil door to the right that you couldn’t get in. Now that you have veil powers, go into that door to the right with veil and collect the Intel sitting on the desk.

T2: Return to the raised stone patio area, where you collected I2 earlier. This time, switch to veil and look to the right (E). You will see a veil ladder in an alley. Stay in veil and jump down and approach that alley. Before you get to the alley, however, turn to the left. Walk until you see some stairs and a narrow passage to the right of the stairs. In veil you will see a stone covering to the next Tome.

G11: Go back to the alley with the veil ladder and go up the ladder. Hop on the roof, and look behind you to the building with windows to the (N). One of the windows is open. Jump inside. Immediately inside that room once you crawl through the window, on the floor between two boards leaning against a wall, is the gold bag.

G12: Exit back through the window and get back on top of the roof. On the other side of the roof is a veil passage through the wall. Go through it. You will see a hall with a door on your left and stairs leading down. Go down the stairs and follow around to the right. In a crawlspace under the stairs, in a shimmering box, is the gold.

G13: Go back up the stairs and through the door. There are two windows in this room, break them and go out onto the roof. Go straight across the roof to two other windows you can break. Go in that room and in the cabinet is a gold bag.

G14: Opposite of the cabinet which contained G13, on the wall facing the street, there is a veil hole in the wall. This takes you onto another roof and you will see a plank leading to a window entrance to another room. Once you enter it, there is an overturned cabinet on the left. Behind the cabinet is a gold bag.

G15: Jump on top of the overturned cabinet for G14. Look up into the ceiling rafters and you will see a shimmering gold bar.

I6: Go back across the plank, across the roof, and through the veil hole again. Exit that room through the windows from which you came, and make your way down off of the roof onto the street. If you are facing south there should be a street sign down there that says “Onbrucker Strade.” Across the street from that sign, there is a gate with red and white paint beside it (where you got G9) and there is a door to the left of the gate. Go inside that door and walk up the stairs to the second floor. Enter the first door you see. Inside that room there is a searchable file cabinet with the Intel.

G16: Exit this building and turn right. Follow the street, but where it winds to the right into an underpass, to rejoin your guide; continue to go straight down an alley. Down the alley there is a small stone stair leading to a door. Go into the door, turn left and enter the first room on your left. The gold is in a bag on the floor next to some boxes.

I7: Continue down the hall from the gold and exit this building. It should put you into a back alley that has some locked doors for the Hospital level (not available yet). Continue down this street, and to the after a couple winding turns you will see some wood stands lining the street. Behind the stands to your right, on the building straight ahead is a door you can enter. Go inside, follow the passage around keeping to the left and you will see the Intel clipboard on the desk in front of a map.

I8: Go up the stairs in side this same building to the second floor, and you will see a dresser you can search. The Intel is in the dresser.

G17: Continue up the stairs, after talking to the guy who says you will find payment nearby. Keeping around to the right, looping around the banister around the stairs, you will come to a gold bag on the ground in plain sight.

G18: If you go back to the lower floor, and exit this building to the South, you will neatly meet back up with your guide, and continue down the road (left from where you exited the building) with the Nazi flags named Schliemannstrabe. Before this road turns to the right, directly ahead is a door way (which may be open). Go in the door, and there is a closet door. Open the closet and the gold is in a shimmering box on the floor.

G19: Exit the G18 building and turn left following your guide. As soon as you turn to the left switch on veil and you will see veil stairs on the wall on the right hand side of the street. Go up the veil wall stairs, jump on the fire escape, and enter the door. On the desk to the right is the next gold piece.

Midtown EAST

G20: As soon as you enter Midtown East, there is a door to your immediate right. Go inside and you will see two Black Market guys who killed a Nazi. In the back of the room there is a closer. The gold back is on a shelf on the wall in the closet.

I9: Continue down that street and enter the first building on your left. Go to the second floor, and there is Intel on the floor, partially under an end table just at top of the stairs.

G21: Continue into the room to the left of I8 on the second floor. The gold is in a shimmering box on the floor under a desk.

G22: Exit the I8/G21 house and continue left down the street. Straight ahead is a broken wall to a building behind two big crates. Enter the building through the broken wall. Once you walk through the doorway, take a quick left, and the first door on the right is accessible. Open it and the gold bag is on a table in the middle.

G23: Exit the G22 building the same way you entered, out the broken wall by the crates. This time, jump on top of the crates and onto the brick wall that is severed. From there you can jump on top of the billboard and roof. Go around the far right side of the fallen billboard and drop down onto a small brick ledge. From there you crouch and squeeze under the billboard to get to the gold in the shimmering box.

I10: Jump down from where G23 was by coming back down on top of those crates you used to come up. Turn left and follow the street, but where it turns to the left by the concrete barricade, continue straight and a little bit to the right. Around the corner from a barred up door is a table and two chairs. The Intel is on the ground under that table.

T3: Continue down the road, and there will be a large concrete staircase leading up to a house. If you are looking up the staircase to the doors, go down around to the left side of the staircase. Switch to veil and you will see the stone covering the Tome. It is partially obscured by a palette.

G24: Continue down the same road but stop before you get to the stone passage way through the building. There is an alley before the passage way to the right of the jeep. Follow that alley all the way back, past the ladder, and to the left. There is a shimmering box about eye level on top of a crate with the gold inside it.

G25: Once you arrive at the Black Market building that takes you to the church, enter it and walk straight ahead into the wall. Look to your right. There is a barrel and a palette standing against the wall. Between them is a gold valuable.

Transport to CHURCH Mission. See that section for specifics, and then return here for continuation of Midtown items.

recoil47
08-24-2009, 02:38 AM
After returning from Church Mission, Take the “Locate Golden Dawn” Safe House mission. The Safe House is very close to where the Church Mission ends (at the Black Market building). Go to the Golden Dawn Safe House.

After the Golden Dawn Safe House mission, they will ask you to go to the Tavern, which takes you back to Midtown West and to the Tavern Area.

I11: Directly across the street from the Golden Dawn Safe House is a doorway you can enter, which is behind some big crates. Enter, and take a left. Immediately inside the next room, on your right, is a table with the Intel on it.

G26: Just beyond the I11 Intel in the same building are three big crates in the far corner. Jump on top of those crates to get onto the rafters. Destroy the crates blocking your path. The gold is in a shimmering box at the far end of the ceiling rafters.

G27: Exit this building and take a left. There will be an alley on your left. Go down the alley and on the wall on the left is a ladder leading up to the fire escape. Go up the fire escape and into the door. In the room, on top of a big crate, is a shimmering box with the gold.

T4: Continue down the alley. Make the left hand turn and go straight. There is a little alcove to the right. Switch to veil and the stone covering the Tome is revealed. Shoot it and collect.

Follow the compass towards Midtown WEST and the Tavern.

Midtown WEST [Tavern / Horse Statue Area]:

T5: Exiting the alley way in the tavern area with the statue horse, switch to veil and located directly in front of where the horse is facing. On the wall of that building, next to a fire escape, is a veil ladder. Climb the veil ladder, mount the fire escape and break the stone panel to reveal the Tome. The stone panel appears RED when in veil.

G28: Go back up that same veil ladder, but this time drop off to the left onto the wooden eave. Walk around the corner on the wooden eave to the right. Jump up on the balcony (by hugging the wall) and you will see a gold bar on the balcony behind a fallen sheet of plywood.

T6: On the direct opposite side of the statue from where you just got T5, is a stone covered entrance to the “Ravens Nest” Tavern. In that covered entrance, switch to Veil to see the stone covering on the right for Tome 6.

I12: While standing where you collected Tome 6 in the Ravens Nest entrance, look directly at the statue. To the left of the building with the veil stairs where you got Tome 5, is an open chain fence to a warehouse (that you can’t enter yet). The fence area is marked with white and red stripes. Go into this area, all the way to the locked door to the warehouse, and look to the left. The Intel is on the ground to the left of the door.

G29: There is a winding staircase to the left of the Red and White striped fence. Go up the staircase, and then back down another staircase to the other side. There should be a black market guy standing guard. As soon as you get down the staircase, there is a manhole cover that is shimmering. Go down it and go East (Right). When you hit a stop, turn right and you will see a shimmering box that contains a gold valuable.

Your contact at the Tavern tells you to go to the Farm. This takes you back to Midtown EAST.

Midtown EAST (Before Farm Mission)

G30: When you get to the warehouse that has the truck that will take you to the farm, BEFORE you get in the truck, jump on top of it, then onto the crates to the left. Do a running jump from the top of that crate to the loft area above. A gold bag is waiting up there.

Take the truck to the Farm Mission.

When you return from the Farm mission, your objective will be to return to the Golden Dawn Safe House, so go there. Once at the Safe House you will receive the Hospital mission.

Midtown EAST (after unlocking Hospital mission)

G31: Leave the Golden Dawn Safe House and follow the compass towards the blown up tanks. Before you get to the tanks, on your right you will see a hole blown in the side of a building. Go inside this building and switch to veil. Once inside, to your left you will see a veil ladder on the wall on the inside. Go up the ladder and in the opposite corner of the attic area from where you are, there is a shimmering box on the ground with a gold bag in it.

G32: Go back down this ladder, and follow the compass past the blown up tanks. When you clear the second tank, there is a building on your left. Follow around that building and you will see a ladder on the wall leading up to a fire escape. Follow the fire escape / cat walk around to a door. Go inside and on a shelf on the left part of the room is a gold bag.

G33: To the right of the gold bag is a locked door you cant enter. Walk up to the door and turn left. Follow the hallway until it dead ends. Turn left and walk to the broken end of the building. To the right you can see another opening to a building. Jump across and break the box inside that little area. It contains the gold valuable.

T7: Go back down the way you came and follow the compass to the Hospital entrance. Switch to veil at the hospital entrance and look on the hospital wall to the right of the stairs. You should see the stone cover for the Tome.
G34: Do not enter the hospital, but turn right after collecting T7. Continue past the hospital entrance and you will see a tree on your left and an alley behind it. Jump the crates blocking the alley and behind them on the ground you will see the gold bag.

G35: Jump back over the crates and exit the alley. Switch to veil and look to your left. You will see a veil ladder going up the side of a building. Go up the ladder onto the balcony and walk to the far side of the balcony. Looking to the North off the balcony you will see a gold bag on a ledge that you need to jump to.

G36: Continue along the courtyard moving clockwise, holding to the left. You will come to an stone passageway that leads to big doors to Midtown West. To the right of those doors is a door you can enter. Go inside the building and immediately turn left. There is a small open room with a table, and on the floor to the right of the table is a gold bag.

I13: Go upstairs in the same building and there is a searchable filing cabinet that contains the next piece of Intel.

I14: To the left of that filing cabinet is a bookshelf. On the top of the bookshelf is the Intel. It may not be easy to see so you might have to jump and hit Y to collect it.

T8: Exit the building and go back through the stone passageway. Continue going to the left (clockwise) around the courtyard until you get to a patrol gate. Go in the gate and to the left is a ladder up the side of the building. Go up the ladder and turn to the right down an alleyway on the ceiling. There is a short ladder and a short drop as you go down the alley. As soon as you drop down, stop, turn around 180 degrees and look at the mini ladder back up. Switch to veil and you will see where the Tome is.

G37: After you jump down from T8 and exit the patrol gate, continue past the SS Building going clockwise, and you will see another alley to the left. In the alley, switch to veil and see the ladder going up the left building. Go up the ladder onto the balcony, and enter the door. The gold bag is on the floor in the corner behind an overturned filing cabinet.

G38: After exiting that alley, continuing to the left around the courtyard (clockwise) you will see a railing and down below a sunken doorway. Go through the door take a quick right and go straight through a second door and straight into a dead end alcove. On the left is a ladder hole that you can use to drop down into the sewers. As soon as you get to the bottom turn left and you will see the gold bag in an alcove with some boxes.

T9: Switch to veil and look down the sewer passage and you will see the stone location for the next Tome.

G39: Follow the sewers up another ladder into a building. Take the stairs all the way up into the attic. At the far end of the attic is a table with a couple of boxes on it and the gold bag.

G40: Go back down to the second floor of the building from the attic and go through the door on that level. You find yourself on some scaffolding. Look to the right and you can see a door just above you on the opposite side that you need to jump over to. Jump and go through that door, and you find yourself on a balcony. Turn left and jump across the gap in the ledge, and go in the door you see to your left. Once inside you will see a ladder that leads up to a small attic area. The gold back is in that upper area behind a couple of boxes.

G41: Go down and exit this building and make your way towards the Hospital entrance. There is a fountain in the middle of the courtyard where the shelling is occurring. Inside the water in the fountain, facing the Hospital, and directly under where the water is falling, is a gold bar.

recoil47
08-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Enter Hospital for Hospital Mission. See section below. Return here when Hospital Mission is complete.
With the Hospital area unlocked, you now have access to all collectibles in Midtown with the exception of the final two gold pieces. So the Midtown area is complete now with the following exceptions. Additional missions still to be completed in Midtown are below.

[FONT=&quot]Remaining Midtown Item 1: Immediately after Paranormal Base Mission in Midtown

Midtown EAST (After Paranormal Base Mission)

G43: After you complete the Paranormal Base mission, you exit the room and go down some stairs. Directly under those stairs a brick is missing in the wall. In there is a gold bar. You MUST get this piece immediately after the Paranormal Base mission because you can not get back up here.

Remaining Midtown Item 2: After you unlock the door to Downtown

Midtown WEST (On the way to Downtown)

G44: Follow the compass to go to the door to Downtown. The compass will take you to the same manhole cover and sewer passage as where you got G5 and T1. Once you drop down it will guide you to a door that is now unlocked, and down a winding staircase. At the bottom of the staircase, it straightens out to a long hallway. The hallway ends in an alcove where the path continues to the right. In that alcove on the ground to the left of some crates is a gold bag.

recoil47
08-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Thats what I got.

Once again, the above is ONLY missing one gold item. Even though it ends with G44...that's because its the last on the Midtown area. There is a number "42" missing for the one that I haven't found yet.

Please help me fill in that last one.

Also...the formatting on the above is still pretty rough. It will be cleaner in the final.

NEO CRIMS0N
08-24-2009, 03:57 AM
That is great, finally I can get my last gold in midtown, unfortunately..I have to run through all 44 locations again the find the one, but like I said, finally we can all drop midtown like a trig class.

Tj1zzle
08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
so if i decide to go for all these and i already beat the game, are there any items that i wont be able to return to or are they all accessible

svendkarlson
08-24-2009, 06:09 AM
let me get this straight... you cant just go around and find all these gold bars, and intel/ tomes whenever you want? you have to get them at certain points in the game? like right now im playing the paranormal mission, and know one has the locations of these posted, but even after i get passed the paranormal base, do i already have to have had alot of those gold pieces before or cant i go back whenever i want for the collectables?

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 06:26 AM
let me get this straight... you cant just go around and find all these gold bars, and intel/ tomes whenever you want? you have to get them at certain points in the game? like right now im playing the paranormal mission, and know one has the locations of these posted, but even after i get passed the paranormal base, do i already have to have had alot of those gold pieces before or cant i go back whenever i want for the collectables?

you can go back and get the gold/intel/tomes in the city (midtown/downtown) anytime.

as for the mission related collectibles (like the paranormal base mission you were speaking of) you can simply go to your objectives tab and replay the mission (once you have completed it of course) in order to collect the rest of the stuff you may have missed on you're first run through.

hope this helps! :)

MTS badillin
08-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Ok so i made a couple of interactive maps to mark the locations of the Midtown Collectibles...

Only problem is im 70% into the collection and refuse to add marks unless im 100% sure what is and where.

If a couple of people helpsfill it, it will be finished in no time:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170997

GenericNPC
08-24-2009, 07:40 AM
those maps will be pretty helpful, thanks for making that

MTS badillin
08-24-2009, 08:18 AM
those maps will be pretty helpful, thanks for making that

Yeah! no problem, just finished the Downtown Map, but it wont upload

i had to send the first 2 by Email and they uploaded them, just sent Downtown, and i dont have any collectibles there, so ill upload them as i get them tomorrow night...

Gothboi666
08-24-2009, 02:29 PM
ok so i missed two places
one: G11: Go back to the alley with the veil ladder and go up the ladder. Hop on the roof, and look behind you to the building with windows to the (N). One of the windows is open. Jump inside. Immediately inside that room once you crawl through the window, on the floor between two boards leaning against a wall, is the gold bag.
and right where it says to go past the second tank cling to the wall go up the ladder and follow the path into the door, past the locked door and through the blowen up area to get the trophy looking gold... other than that follow this whole guide... sure its a bit slopp but follow the whole thing and you will win all the collectables (i had all intel and tomes before all gold so expect that and just go gold hunting

recoil47
08-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I found it! Have all 44 for Midtown. The one I missed was this:

I6: Go back across the plank, across the roof, and through the veil hole again. Exit that room through the windows from which you came, and make your way down off of the roof onto the street. If you are facing south there should be a street sign down there that says “Onbrucker Strade.” Across the street from that sign, there is a gate with red and white paint beside it (where you got G9) and there is a door to the left of the gate. Go inside that door and walk up the stairs to the second floor. Enter the first door you see. Inside that room there is a searchable file cabinet with the Intel.

In the lower floor of I6, there is a gold bag on top of a bookcase near the ceiling...just above the door you walk in.

recoil47
08-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Looking back at my long, LONG, descriptive walk-through list, Im rethinking how the comprehensive guide should work.

By far, the videos for the individual missions is the easiest way to get them all. There are fewer collectibles and are easy to follow. The videos might not be ideal, however, for the larger common areas like Midtown and Downtown. At the same time, because there is so much, a text guide takes a LONG time to read and go through.

My suggestion is this: Make a new "final" thread with all items in it composed of the following:

1) Video guides of all of the Missions by Coverop.
2) Two large pictures with all Gold, Intel, and Tome locations, as provided by MTS badillin (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=29919).

I can certainly help Badillin complete the graphic/map for Midtown, and will assist in completing Downtown as well. Coverop seems to be almost done with the videos. I think that might be the best way for all, for a final guide.

Does everyone agree? Or is there any value that I dont see for having everything written out in a long text guide as well?

DarthSoth
08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Looking back at my long, LONG, descriptive walk-through list, Im rethinking how the comprehensive guide should work.

By far, the videos for the individual missions is the easiest way to get them all. There are fewer collectibles and are easy to follow. The videos might not be ideal, however, for the larger common areas like Midtown and Downtown. At the same time, because there is so much, a text guide takes a LONG time to read and go through.

My suggestion is this: Make a new "final" thread with all items in it composed of the following:

2) Two large pictures with all Gold, Intel, and Tome locations, as provided by MTS badillin (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=29919).

I can certainly help Badillin complete the graphic/map for Midtown, and will assist in completing Downtown as well. Coverop seems to be almost done with the videos. I think that might be the best way for all, for a final guide.

Does everyone agree? Or is there any value that I dont see for having everything written out in a long text guide as well?

For the larger areas like Midtown east/west and downtown I would suggest a map with text describing them. My biggest suggestion is to have the Intel locations labeled by the # the intel is and not the order a certain person found it in. I had a hell of a time going back looking for certain intel but having to go through an entire list one by one because Intel #6 was guided as some other number.

A map would do loads to help locate items in the city as it is a pain in the ass to try to remember where the hell the entrance to digg site is later on in the game. Or alternately to put the intel name with the location.

Pesonally I like the text guides a little better because I like to play the game and then go back and hunt later so it is easier to skip to the pieces you missed with text. But the down side of that is that it can be tricky to get your berrings and find landmarks as to where you need to get to to find said item.

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM

i definitely agree with this. the text guide was helpful for most of the collectibles but there are times where it is very hard to describe in words the location of and how to get some collectibles.

with that said, both guides were incredibly useful and thank you to those who contributed to them! this final guide will hopefully clear up any misconceptions or missing collectibles any of us may have!

MTS badillin
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I can send the Map images i made to make the Maps to whoever is doing the final cut of the guide (they are large images like 3000x3000px), the "google" maps i made (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170997) could help fill it out, but they are quite useless once people start posting fake locations... (hopefully it will not start any time soon)

Gothboi666
08-24-2009, 06:42 PM
ok im in downtown now... just finished up to the find eric part including destroying the towers and the radio station now in downtown i have 30/33 gold, 9/9 intel, and 2/2 tomes... i need help with the last three if anyone can help... im on the part before airfield and visit the black market

DarthSoth
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM
ok im in downtown now... just finished up to the find eric part including destroying the towers and the radio station now in downtown i have 30/33 gold, 9/9 intel, and 2/2 tomes... i need help with the last three if anyone can help... im on the part before airfield and visit the black market

I believe I can help you out here.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/DarthSoth/Proof%20is%20in%20the%20Picture/wolfensteindowntown.jpg

Paladin Malac
08-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Amazing job fellas, I think we all deserve a little pat on the back. The reason I jumped ship was because the game hit a fatal error for me. I had a super crash in which there was no return. After the radio station level in which I was pursuing all good in downtown, the glitch owned me. Dont know what happened, too many saves and going back and forth for the last piece in radio station, and it capsized all the progress I had going. I was going to replay anyway for Uber (which is really Normal to me for other games - COD4 is Uber, this game was easy compared to that shit). Thats where my time has gone, Uber.

Just an FYI - ya I was pretty pissed off - my Uber game has 1/6 of the gold I had on my main - I just ran through

When you beat the game on Uber it Unlocks all cheats but they have to be on a new game and it disables achievements.

Nice work everyone

TekMerc
08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
I managed to find 43/44 gold myself in midtown but that elusive last bit was driving me insane. Would like to say a big thank you to Paladin Malac and everyone else involved in this thread for helping me.

Cheers lads.

NarrBitaYarr
08-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Agreed. A big thanks to Paladin and others for their continued work on this guide, well done.

xrnzaaas2
08-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Large screens with all collectibles from both Midtown areas (found in an another topic):

http://bbs.levelup.cn/showtree.aspx?topicid=852749&postid=19301263
http://bbs.levelup.cn/showtree.aspx?topicid=852749&postid=19301265
http://bbs.levelup.cn/showtree.aspx?topicid=852749&postid=19301266

Warning! Pics are fairly big so it'll take a while for all of them to finish loading. :) Enjoy!

PalladiumBlade
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I have found the last missing Gold position (G42) in Midtown West!!! It's fairly well hidden, but finally I found it! :woop:

When you stand in front of the Kreisaur Circle hideout, go up the stairs on the left, turn left and jump up on the roof. Now head north on the roof until you reach a gap. With a well timed running jump you will reach the roof on the other side. Head north and when you now look down you will see a fence you can't pass from the other side. The bag is found by the two crates left of the fence.

:uzi::uzi::uzi:It took me hours to find it. Aaaargh.

Svatos
08-26-2009, 01:00 AM
so I was trying to use your guide to find the gold, intel, and tomes, but your guide was so messy and hard to follow, that I just gave up on it. you need to take what you have and just organize it. Ex: Train station: here, here, here and here. Otherwise it was a good start

NightTimeScene
08-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Yes, i'm having trouble here
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3095/collectablesmidtownwest.jpg
which is tomes, and intel, and gold?

I've found some intel on my own along with tomes.
need a chart what color is WHAT?

demi
08-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Midtown 100%

YouTube - Wolfenstein Midtown East 100% - East

YouTube - Wolfenstein Midtown West 100% - West

MTS badillin
08-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Here are the full Downtown Gold/Tome/Intel Locations.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=5994

Puppys
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
nvm... the above video helped me find the one i was confused about ... thxxx demi !!!

Puppys
08-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Here are the full Downtown Gold/Tome/Intel Locations.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=5994

Thanks for the map ... I saw on your descriptions that you havent found one (in west downtown) I know where it is ... if you still need it let me know.

MrEcho12
08-27-2009, 05:19 AM
yo paladin whats up man, thanks for all the info, this guide is helping out a lot. i have a little something to contribute, not as much as you but atleast its something. heres a guide for radio station, unfortunately i cant find the tome... man i searched high and low but no good mayb someone can add it in. thanks again dude.

RADIO STATION

intel 1 of 4: as soon as you enter on table to your left

Gold 1 of 8: under the archways just before and to the right of the shields and veil disabler, leaning against the building

G2: in the back left corner behind the shields and veil disabler is a veil ladder. its behind the door on top of the balcony

G3:when inside the building, in the first big room with the 3 cases cases on your right and stack of boxes in front, past the boxes to the right of the stairs

G4: plain sight next to vent you need to crawl through to proceed

G5:climb up boxes and scaffolding after emerging from vent(continue past veil ladder)

I2: after dropping down from the 2nd vent on the second set of desks

G6: after I2 make right and its in the corner at the dead end of the hallway

I3: after the stair well. end of the hall to the right of the door leading to the roof, on the wall

G7: after climbing the stairs and emerging onto the roof, go right its in front of you

I4: through the doors past the AA gun on the lower half of the roof (after disabling shield), between the 2 desks on the right hanging on the wall

G8: as soon as you enter the burning stair well,its on the opposite side of the flames directly across.
If you haven't found the tome yet, it's in the same room as G3 but up the stairs in a glass case as you go to hit the switch for the door.

Great job on the guide people!

BOMB SQUIRREL
08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
need the last 2 gold bars cant find them i folowed the guide but still missing them and 2tomb

Tha Mantis
08-28-2009, 01:31 AM
So has anyone found the missing gold (#42) from recoil's post. I have followed that guide word for word and am not trying use a map to go back through all the locations.
I saw where someone posted that they found the missing gold but it was already covered in this guide.

Edit. Nevermind I found it

Angel Fire 42
08-29-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169820
Well this vid might be good but he skipped one of the Intel and I can't find it. Any other place to look????

EDIT: The PC version is different than the 360 so I got all items.

Venomized
09-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Thank you =)

A 2rue boofer
09-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Nice guide so many dam collectibles though

sunnyp_343
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
where is a 19th gold in the church?in video guide theres only 18th.but in my game stats shows 18/19

TAXI DRIVER 420
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=recoil47;2292589]Looking back at my long, LONG, descriptive walk-through list, Im rethinking how the comprehensive guide should work.[QUOTE=recoil47;2292590]
HA MESSED UP THE QUOTE SOME HOW

I think yours in two in depth I find my self questioning am I in the right area or looking the right way or at these stairs. That first guide is good just needed to be cleaner but thats just my opinion. I like it precise and to the point not look at this and face that. I followed the first guide no problem just looks kinda messy.

Also if someone could tell me maybe recoil I started on the first guide up till where he says go meet that chick to get your mission to the church. Then I seen yours on the next page recoil and scrolled down and followed yours from 2nd area of midtown I think midtown east where you leave for the church mission so can someone point out what he changed in those few parts.

gh79mh09
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
how do u kill that woman at end who keep regenerating soldiers?

Greaper88
01-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey i love your guide, if it wasn't for it I would have given up a long time ago.

xDante1986
01-21-2011, 12:41 PM
can anybody help me, how can i get to radio statioN, I finished games on uber and i don΄t get a chance to play this mission

DarbyGloss
08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
ok so i missed two places
one: G11: Go back to the alley with the veil ladder and go up the ladder. Hop on the roof, and look behind you to the building with windows to the (N). One of the windows is open. Jump inside. Immediately inside that room once you crawl through the window, on the floor between two boards leaning against a wall, is the gold bag.
and right where it says to go past the second tank cling to the wall go up the ladder and follow the path into the door, past the locked door and through the blowen up area to get the trophy looking gold... other than that follow this whole guide... sure its a bit slopp but follow the whole thing and you will win all the collectables (i had all intel and tomes before all gold so expect that and just go gold hunting

Gold hunting is not so easy. A gold metal detector (http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Gold-Metal-Detectors/) is required first.

CellFrame
07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know if the upgrades carry over to a new playthrough, if you have collected everything on your first run?