PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae Dirt 2 demo .. first thoughts

EzyKiLL 25 17
08-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Im loving the look of this.. the menu's and front end of the game are very Motorstormesque, which is a good thing compared to Dirt 1's menu's

as for the gameplay, i love it.. the Baja's especially handle like a dream, and i love the incar view ...

definite first day purchase for me :drunk:drunk:Bounce:

Daiphyer.
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
The menu was genius, graphics are stunning. The only problem I had with it, was that the game felt just like Grid (The handling, the way how cars feel ... ETC) a little change would've been great.
Anyways, I have alot of other games to buy, IDK about this game.

ferrari360max
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Loved it, confirming it as a solid buy for me. The atmosphere in the menu and in game is just brilliant lol, oh and it has a good soundtrack so far :)

Hudson888
08-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I think its pretty much the same as DiRT 1, which isnt to much of a bad thing as i loved the first one. Its got better graphics and a new menu, apart from that its pretty similar.

Jappe XBA
08-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah it's real cool, so realistic that I can't even win the races :p

GreaseMonkeyGB
08-22-2009, 03:48 PM
I LOVED IT!!!! :woop:

XxDarkMaster1xX
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Im not going to buy the game but what is the release date because I've seen someone's gametag who has the game already.

roy1751
08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
this game still has stupid center pivot physics model. FAIL.

Nightbeam
08-23-2009, 01:47 AM
To even like these sorts of racing games you'd actually have to be somewhat obsessed with racing in the first place. Realism is just not as fun as people think it is and inevitably collapses in on itself where its supposed to shine. Midnight Club: LA, had it right.

FoxRacing1234
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I like it a lot! I'll at least rent it first and judge by that if I want to buy it used or not. Might end up getting it eventually. Loved DiRT!

Bonkers!
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I think it's pretty decent. I'm not a fan of the music/menu design but that doesn't matter against the driving itself which is good fun. The start of the Baja race online is carnage every time though!

TheLastAntidote
08-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I thought the demo was great and it was tons of fun to play. I noticed the handling is a bit more sensitive and you have to be more on edge about how you handle turns.

Even on Casual difficulty, each race took me about 5-6 tries (due to spin outs or losing control) before I made it in 1st place. On Dirt, I was able to win races on expert.

While I eventually got used to the handling, it seems its a tad bit too "realistic" or over the top (whatever you want to call it). I'll probably still buy it on the first day.

NameTaken69
08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
I loved DiRT but with Forza 3 coming out soon after and the fact I still have a lot left in Forza 2, I doubt i'll get this first day. The demo wasn't to bad, the game looks great.

EzyKiLL 25 17
08-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I loved DiRT but with Forza 3 coming out soon after and the fact I still have a lot left in Forza 2, I doubt i'll get this first day. The demo wasn't to bad, the game looks great.

i think Code masters need to seriously look at their scheduling .. they released the first Dirt around the same time as Forza2... and for me theres no contest, Forza wins everytime. i didn't buy the first Dirt!! until a few months ago

but im still gonna get this on release day.. if it gets much play time is another question