PDA

View Full Version : Freezing

Vile Denial
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I've just come across this problem while trying to get all the collectables. I've collected about 90%, but now when I try to zone anywhere, the game gets to the 't' in Wolfenstein, and the system just hangs. I've tried replaying different missions, or zoning from any exit of Midtown East.

By the looks of things, 1 or 2 other people are having this problem too. Disc is clean and unscratched, and the game is installed to the hard-drive. I've also reinstalled it (just in case).

I've tried loading a few earlier saves, including from the beginning of the previous mission (which was the Hospital).

Anyone else encounter this problem? I don't particularly want to restart, and from what I read, another person restarted and encountered the same problem again.

*Edit* Tried without the game installed, and have the update. Still happens.

dmoney2587
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
yeah, it has happen to me too. I'm so close to getting all the stuff and it freezes...lame at its best.

Tj1zzle
08-21-2009, 11:32 PM
shit im on my way to do this now hope i dont get this.

im really defending this game to the nines but its getting hard here
everyday its something else

InfernoFrY
08-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Eek not more issues. I wonder if we'll get the polishing patch/

Vile Denial
08-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I've tried loading the last mission and playing through that. Didn't work. I've tried loading Midtown East, then going to the mission and playing through it. Didn't work. Tomorrow I'll try loading Midtown East, and playing a different mission. I'll let you know how that turns out ;)

Tailz
08-22-2009, 02:55 AM
I cant even play SP or MP from the Main Menu. I press Start and it freezes. The only way i can play MP is if someone invites me to a game then i back out of that and go directly to the Main Xbox Live menu and do Quick Match or FInd Game. It's currently impossible to play SP.

Tj1zzle
08-22-2009, 03:07 AM
I cant even play SP or MP from the Main Menu. I press Start and it freezes. The only way i can play MP is if someone invites me to a game then i back out of that and go directly to the Main Xbox Live menu and do QuickMatch or FInd Game. It's currently impossible to play SP.

:eek: :wtf

i say you try to return that shit or sumthin ur disc has got to be messed up

Tailz
08-22-2009, 03:52 AM
:eek: :wtf

i say you try to return that shit or sumthin ur disc has got to be messed up

Nah i got it from Gamefly..so no biggie..this shit sucks ass anyway

Vile Denial
08-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Ended up having to restart the game from scratch. Everything's loading fine on this run, so going for 100% intel/gold/tomes and less than 3 deaths.

It better not happen again...
*Touches wood*

coverop
08-22-2009, 04:20 PM
It's happen to me 2 times. Load Freeze
Don't try load old save because its not going to help you.
I think you need to start ALL over AGAIN but this time try, finish map with all collectable in one try. Otherwise it's screwed.

strayiceball
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Yea Im having the same problem I dont know what to do. I just finished beating the geist queen and when i load to downtown it freezes on me at the T in wolfenstein it pisses me off. I dont want to restart the game is there a easier way to fix this stupid problem? I'll redo castle but I dont wanna completely start over that would suck.

The Tobynator
08-22-2009, 11:21 PM
...same Problem here, but only in my last savegame. I´ve gone to trainstation again from midtown to collect the last gold in that level. If I load a "trainstation savegame" the game freezes at the "T" but if I load a save from midtown, everything looks great - till I collect another goldbag....

billg367
08-23-2009, 03:01 AM
The radio towers mission is giving me the same problem. When I try to go to the radio station. I get so far not always at the same save point Box crashes. It just doesn`t want me to finish the game.

A lot people are complaining this is happening all the time with the pc version too. Thanks unreal engine...

Soccerman641
08-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Ok so now i know its NOT my xbox thats bad, but its the game itself! gosh i was really counting the day to when this game came out, but its been nothing but headaches! i just wanna finish the achievements and sell this game. right now im trying to get all the gold but the game freezes at the letter T of Wolfenstein! this is really annoying!!!!!!

KILLBOT
08-23-2009, 12:05 PM
I completed the game yesterday and didn`t encounter one freeze the entire time, but now I`m having issues.

I wanted to get all the tomes and the last one I need is in the Castle level, but everytime I ride the elevator up to the top of the castle and I get the loading screen, it`ll only load as far as the second E in 'Wolfenstein'. It crashes in exactly the same spot everytime and I`ve done all the things you guys have tried, but to no avail.

I was going to do a speedy runthrough to get the remaining intel and gold I needed, but I don`t think I`ll bother now.

Issun
08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Same here, dammit. Every mid-town level loaded for me without a hitch, but any of the downtown levels (even downtown itself) continues to freeze on me. Hopefully they'll get to work on a patch asap.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
08-23-2009, 02:39 PM
sometimes freezes for a couple of second when i go to the black market, when dropping down it freezes then unfreezes.

david
08-23-2009, 03:16 PM
same thing happens to me on the castle what a piece of shit

Pinion13
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
This seems to be a pretty serious and widespread bug. Patch anytime now. I managed to finish the game on uber and then I decided to go back and replay train station to get the no reloading achievement and it locks up on loading, right at the t in wolfenstein as mentioned already in the thread. So then I decided I'd try and do the radio station missions I skipped and it locks up going to downtown. I played through the entire game without a single freeze, now this? Strange. Tried clearing the cache, no help, reading the thread I guess I won't try reinstalling to the hd since that didn't help someone else. LAME.

The1st Lonewolf
08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Although I haven't gotten to this yet it sounds like the same problem I had on Fable II.Game kept freezing,took it back got another one -same problem.Eventually got worse and started to do on other games-turned out to be bad disc drive.

ponypo2001
08-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds far too widespread to be a disk drive problem I'm afraid.I really hope you guys can get past it and it is fixed.The state of some recently released games is really getting beyond a joke now :(

The1st Lonewolf
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Sounds far too widespread to be a disk drive problem I'm afraid.I really hope you guys can get past it and it is fixed.The state of some recently released games is really getting beyond a joke now :(
And now some companies want to raise their prices.Personally I think anything made by microcrap,they should pay us to use it

xx_0_0_xx
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Im playing 3 times in Wolfenstein for collectables and when i have 80-90% of all, im freezing on Midtown, Castle, Church,etc :/. Tested on X360 and PC version - same error

ponypo2001
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Im playing 3 times in Wolfenstein for collectables and when i have 80-90% of all, im freezing on Midtown, Castle, Church,etc :/. Tested on X360 and PC version - same error

Yeah I heard that PC users also are having these issues.Really hope they are sorted and that I don't run into too many as I really like the single player so far yet my only foray into MP was 3 matches of disasters :/

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 12:23 AM
ugh this is frustrating, beat the game on uber, went back to get the rest of the collectibles in the city, now it freezes everytime i attempt to leave downtown! and i only need 4 more collectibles for the whole game! :mad:

Diog3nes
08-24-2009, 01:21 AM
I am currently stuck at the end of the game as it freezes either on the loading screen or a little ways in. This is the worst glitch i have seen in awhile and made an otherwise enjoyable game into a complete failure.

Jaskier
08-24-2009, 01:46 AM
A lot people are complaining this is happening all the time with the pc version too. Thanks unreal engine...

It runs on Doom 3 engine (Id Tech 4).

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 03:06 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:This game pisses me off so bad 93% done every loading screen i broke my good controller and put a hole in my wall people need to start making games that dont mess up. idk they can just make a game that works right!! :uzi::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Coldsnap
08-24-2009, 05:09 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:This game pisses me off so bad 93% done every loading screen i broke my good controller and put a hole in my wall people need to start making games that dont mess up. idk they can just make a game that works right!! :uzi::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You have to be a fake poster. The stuff that you have posted in Wolfenstien achievement threads are unreal.

Anyways, I too currently have a frozen game state at Farm. When I take the elevator down to the lower levels It freezes at the "T" on the load screen.

Rahab430
08-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Well guys, add me to the list of people who've been hit with this bug. I spent 3 days in Midtown searching for gold bags and bars on my own because I couldn't trust a good guide out yet. I finally found #44 and I go to leave Midtown West to head towards Downtown and it freezes on the "T" in "Wolfenstein". My PS3 died today too.

Damn gaming is fun.

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 06:12 AM
You have to be a fake poster. The stuff that you have posted in Wolfenstien achievement threads are unreal.

Anyways, I too currently have a frozen game state at Farm. When I take the elevator down to the lower levels It freezes at the "T" on the load screen. what are you talking about like 34k a game im at 50 i no the method you have to have the guy thats dying have the l trigger held down here so dont tell me wtf i have done and not done. Why would i lie.There is no reason to so get the hell out of here i have to restart the game now.

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 06:19 AM
i think it's activision's twisted way of forcing us to play multiplayer ;)

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 06:24 AM
i think it's activision's twisted way of forcing us to play multiplayer ;)
If thats what they want then there not getting. The MP in this game is garbage. The best thing about this game is SP. Way to suck raven and activison!!

GenericNPC
08-24-2009, 07:11 AM
If thats what they want then there not getting. The MP in this game is garbage. The best thing about this game is SP. Way to suck raven and activison!! the multiplayer in this game is amazing, the only issue is the stat saving problem, anyway Im currently going for all the collectibles and I havent hit an issue yet im roughly 50% complete with all of them

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 07:15 AM
the multiplayer in this game is amazing, the only issue is the stat saving problem, anyway Im currently going for all the collectibles and I havent hit an issue yet im roughly 50% complete with all of them
Are you kidding me? Am i being punked dude. sorry to say it but the mp sucks. and it will for ever cause its never going to get fixed due to the people who made the online got fired the day this game came out.

GenericNPC
08-24-2009, 07:25 AM
and what do you have to base that on?

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 07:44 AM
and what do you have to base that on?
I base it on its horibble mp you can boot people from ranked matchs.. you can switch teams in the middle of the match the stats dont save. Can you blame the company for firing they suck at making mp

GenericNPC
08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
I base it on its horibble mp you can boot people from ranked matchs.. you can switch teams in the middle of the match the stats dont save. Can you blame the company for firing they suck at making mp what do you base your claim of the designers getting fired upon? and if you never played Wolfenstein: enemy territory then of course you must think the multiplayer sucks...because it's different, but I digress the only bad part about multiplayer is the stats not saving glitch, the gameplay is just fine, and if you dont agree well then I have no idea what you are comparing it to

killerachiever
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
o haha it was on G4 they were talking about it they said after wolfenstein was relased all mp developers were fired. and i love the gameplay i just dont understand why should the host have the ability to kick you if you are doing good.

KILLBOT
08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
what do you base your claim of the designers getting fired upon?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/wolfenstein-multiplayer-team-axed-on-release-day

i just dont understand why should the host have the ability to kick you if you are doing good.

Console gamers should never have the power to kick players as there are too many kids and idiots on LIVE that will always abuse it. Player kicking is a feature of PC games, but the difference being that the player with the admin rights to kick players will have paid a fair bit money towards the cost of the server so is more likely to be a responcible adult. However, I`m all for vote kicking on consoles, although this isn`t always 100% fair.

Back on topic, I`ve tried allsorts of things to get my game working again, but I`ve stopped short of starting the game again from scratch which I have no intention of doing. I`ve emailed my online retailer to ask them if I can get a refund on the game.

I posted a video on YouTube of the load freeze in action, pretty boring but here it is....

YouTube - Wolfenstein Load Freeze (xbox 360)

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 02:25 PM
hahahah i actually saw your video randomly when i was google'ing to see if this freezing shit was happening to anyone else lol

italianstallion
08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I was hit with this freeze issue today...I had all collectibles going into the airfield mission. :(

ponypo2001
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I was hit with this freeze issue today...I had all collectibles going into the airfield mission. :(

That is seriously seriously not fair.For it to conk out that late in the game is just BS.

Do we have a priest on here who can start saying a prayer for a patch?

italianstallion
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I've had a string of bad luck with games lately. I just want this to be fixed sooner than later. I really enjoy the game.

There is really no point in restarting it either, it may just happen again.

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I've had a string of bad luck with games lately. I just want this to be fixed sooner than later. I really enjoy the game.

There is really no point in restarting it either, it may just happen again.

exactly, i was thinking about just starting another game to get all the collectibles but i'm not taking the risk of it freezing on me again, i'm liable to destroy my controller :uzi::uzi:

ponypo2001
08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Yep,no way I would restart it if I hit the freeze.Too much of a chance it will happen again.Only thing I've been doing to try and safeguard is making a save after each level and copying it onto a memory card.I'm hoping that should I hit the freeze,I could revert back to the old save and cross my fingers it didn't corrupt again.However,if it corrupts a certain way,then even a backup save will not help as it'll just trigger in the same place.

Out of curiosity,did all of you who hit this freeze replay a level as I see this being bandied about as a possible cause for some? I don't know how valid it is but sometimes knowing what other people did and didn't do can help isolate ways of avoiding it in future playthroughs.

KILLBOT
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Out of curiosity,did all of you who hit this freeze replay a level as I see this being bandied about as a possible cause for some? I don't know how valid it is but sometimes knowing what other people did and didn't do can help isolate ways of avoiding it in future playthroughs.

I replayed several levels, but it wasn`t until I replayed castle that I started having problems.

italianstallion
08-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Yep,no way I would restart it if I hit the freeze.Too much of a chance it will happen again.Only thing I've been doing to try and safeguard is making a save after each level and copying it onto a memory card.I'm hoping that should I hit the freeze,I could revert back to the old save and cross my fingers it didn't corrupt again.

The funny thing is I backed my save up right before I started playing and even reverting to that save didn't fix it.:(

DarthSoth
08-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Lame, I just got this glitch. every time I try to go to downtown to get my last side mission. I have tried and failed to get past this for the last 45 minutes. The game was going back to the video store tomorrow anyway but I had really hopped to get the last 3 achievements I was on the cusp of getting before taking it back. Lame glitch is lame.

Evans214
08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
I too am affected by this monstorous glitch. I was just starting off finding the collectibles for all of the side missions when I finished Radio Station and now none of my savegames will load past halfway through the second "e" in Wolfenstein.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off the box, unplugging the box, and this glitch will not give up. I'm pissed.

Pinion13
08-25-2009, 02:42 AM

No I played straight through, no problems. Then I tried to replay the first mission and frozen solid.

Sourman145
08-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Well,from reading everyone else's posts, i think i can list how to avoid the freezing issue

First of all, NEVER EVER REPLAY A MISSION.This seems to be the number 1 cause of the freezing bug.Even if you think you are safe, you will probably not freeze until 80-90% done.Just get everything first time through.
Second, try to minimize the number of times you quit and save.My game froze on me after quitting and loading a downtown save. In other words, try to get as much done as possible in one sitting.Once you get to 80-90%, try to do the last 20 without quitting.
Finally, once you get 80-90, minimize loading occurences(don't go to places unneccessarily)

Really, the only one you need to follow is the first, but the others are suggestions to try and help.

GenericNPC
08-25-2009, 04:27 AM
I have done the impossible and have received Monitor Tan for getting every collectible, I think the reason why I didnt get the freeze bug is because I systematically cleared everything, I went through each level only once and I made sure that when i wasnt going to be in midtown any longer I then collected everything (ignoring everything until that point), then I ignored Downtown until I received the Airfield mission, cleared it out and went on my merry way to airfield...worked like a charm

Sourman145
08-25-2009, 04:29 AM
That is good news. It seems like as long as you don't replay a mission you will be fine.

ponypo2001
08-25-2009, 04:38 AM
I'm scared shitless now cause I once replayed a mission right at the very start to get conservationist.However,if we are starting to make some possible progress on knowing how to avoid the glitch, I "think" I could cope with starting over.I would still smack the wall but at least I'd have a hope I could still get the achievements.

However,I really do hope that a patch is released as this is an awful gamebreaker and is really making this release look a complete shambles (which is a shame cause I am loving the single player).

GenericNPC
08-25-2009, 04:38 AM
yes Indeed I almost jizzed my pants when i got it because of all the problems I've been hearing about, I thought that when I pressed Y to get my last piece of intel Deathhead would jump out of my TV and punch me in the balls

GenericNPC
08-25-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm scared shitless now cause I once replayed a mission right at the very start to get conservationist.However,if we are starting to make some possible progress on knowing how to avoid the glitch, I "think" I could cope with starting over.I would still smack the wall but at least I'd have a hope I could still get the achievements.

However,I really do hope that a patch is released as this is an awful gamebreaker and is really making this release look a complete shambles (which is a shame cause I am loving the single player). during my collectible gathering antics I too replayed trainstation for that achievement so you should be fine, and I also did it as soon as I bought the bayonet for the k98 which was the first upgrade I got so I suppose if you replay that level early in the game you should be ok

Lomas666
08-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Count me in as well, stuck at the loading screen to the zeppelin..

edit: on Uber with all items collected except the intels on the zepp.. With the game installed on the HDD.

Genesis x360a
08-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Stuck at loading screen at the begining of the game with Zeppelin, I havn't even played any single player, Ive only played the multiplayer. I was just getting into this game aswell. Does this mean i cant play the game now?? Ive even tryed installing to hardrive aswell, FFS ive only got this on Rental and didnt want to keep for long.

Sourman145
08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
alright, maybe you can replay a level, just dont replay too many and dont replay too late in percentage.

As for above, i don't understand. Are you freezing at beginning or Zeppelin?

Genesis x360a
08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
My bad, Im freezing at the begining of the game with the Flaming plane, I can get past it if sign into my Silver account but when i sign in with my Main it just freezes up and crashes my 360.

Sourman145
08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
That's very weird, that the silver works, but yours doesn't
I really have no idea what you could do

Genesis x360a
08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Ill just wait and see if they bring out a patch before next week, If not its going back to Lovefilm lol

scorpy78
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
same for me, I replayed several missions to get the collectables and now I want to go to downtown and it freezes everytime, no matter which exit I use, no way I play it again, FU Wolfenstein

NoiseCrime
08-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Same for me.

Completed the game on 'normal', then went back to train yard to find the few missing items and do the melee achievement. That went fine, so i moved onto Dig Site. Completed that fine, but when trying to load midtown it froze after the letter T.

Tried reloading a save from Dig site and aborting but that had same effect. Reloaded earlier midtown save, replayed Dig site up until I found all the missing items and then aborted. That appeared to work, I got back to midtown, but then it froze trying to replay another mission, and now the midtown save wont load either.

In the end I started a new game, on Easy to get the 12 hour and 3 deaths, figured I might as well get all the items as well. I made sure that I got all items for each mission as I played and got all items for midtown before progressing to downtown. Thankfully no freezing.

Looks to me like one freeze issue is caused by replaying missions after you've completed the game.

Jerkkhammer
08-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Looks to me like one freeze issue is caused by replaying missions after you've completed the game.

Yeah, that's when my freezing issue started. The same appears to be true for a lot of other people as well.

Mine started after I replayed some missions to get more upgrades at the very end of my Uber playthrough. Not looking forward to having to start all over from the begining! :mad:

sublime shooter
08-25-2009, 06:30 PM
fuck this freezing shit Im done with this shit It freezes everytime damnit

demi
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
This glitch sounds worrisome but I replayed Train Station just fine, doing Dig Site now. Actually havent had any lockups during my 8.5 hours (in-game time) playing.

edit: I see someone else was fine up until past Dig Site... well fingers crossed I guess

Puppys
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Looks like its not just mee... I went through every mission again collecting everything i missed... until I got to Zepplin... game freezes on ''t'' Tried it from a very old save, and it loads... so at 96% complete I can't go any further ...

Jerkkhammer
08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
This glitch sounds worrisome but I replayed Train Station just fine, doing Dig Site now. Actually havent had any lockups during my 8.5 hours (in-game time) playing.

edit: I see someone else was fine up until past Dig Site... well fingers crossed I guess

I was fine doing mission replays all the way up until Castle. It started freezing on the load screen to Upper Castle after you activate the elevator and that was all she wrote!

I couldn't abort the mission without a freeze or load Upper Castle without a freeze but I was able to revisit the Black Sun mission without a freeze. Until I beat stage 2 of the final boss that is. It freezes every time when I beat his 2nd stage and there's no way out now.

All I can say is that if you're going to replay missions, don't do it! This game needs a patch in a bad way.

Issun
08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
For me, I got through every mission accessible from mid-town without a hitch. It was only until I tried to replay the radio station that the game started freezing. Even then, it would only freeze when I tried to abort or finish the mission.

To anyone who's yet to start the game, make sure you collect everything your first time through or it looks like you'll have to start a new game entirely. Or at least until Raven releases a patch, that is.

Puppys
08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Can anyone confirm that it is only from doing replays? Like say if I was to start over fresh and get everything by following to guide, it wouldnt freeze ? that would be helpful :)

ponypo2001
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Can anyone confirm that it is only from doing replays? Like say if I was to start over fresh and get everything by following to guide, it wouldnt freeze ? that would be helpful :)

Nobody can say 100%.From all the posts it looks like replaying is the killer.I am about to do Hospital tonight and as I said I replayed a mission.However,I'm not going to start over until I hit the bug cause if I'm lucky,I won't run into it.If you've only just started the game,by all means restart.Just be careful with the collectables as the guide on here is super but lists stuff that either isn't there or is out of sequence (or at least it was last time I printed it off).

Genesis x360a
08-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Its not just re-playing that mess's up the game, I didnt even play any single player I didnt even click on the single from the main menu lol i went str8 into MP and then when i backed it froze up on me, But if you have a MU you can get past the freezing but you cant save or load anything else it crashes, Im using the method to get onto MP and get them cheeves, Ill probally do 1 playthrough to get some single player cheeves but i have to leave my 360 on. Lets hope activision get there arse in gear over this but apparently they cant re-create the problem to sort it out.

italianstallion
08-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Has anyone tried deleting the various saves in the save file? I am going to try that later. I'm going to delete all but three of them. I will back it up before hand of course.

GenericNPC
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
fuck this freezing shit Im done with this shit It freezes everytime damnit If you go through it right it wont at all, Mine didnt freeze

demi
08-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Is everyone having trouble when they replay Castle? Maybe you could leave that one for last? I'm about to finish Farm and no trouble yet.

Diog3nes
08-25-2009, 11:45 PM
I am curious to know if anyone restarted a new game playing without replaying a level. I started a new game and plan on rushing through it just to see if it still freezes.

BwK95
08-25-2009, 11:48 PM
ive had this promblem i just cleaned it with a cloth and then it worked perfectly

Diog3nes
08-26-2009, 12:57 AM
ive had this promblem i just cleaned it with a cloth and then it worked perfectly

Either you are implying we are all idiots and dont know how to check and clean a disk or your the idiot for posting this. You can take your pick but im leaning towards the latter.

Genesis x360a
08-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Has anyone tried deleting the various saves in the save file? I am going to try that later. I'm going to delete all but three of them. I will back it up before hand of course.

Ive tryed everything dude, Ill list what doesn't work below,

1) Deleting save files.
2) Clearing chache.
3) Recovering gamertag.
4) Copy gamertag on a MU.
5) Installing on harddrive.
6) Unistalling game, Recovering gamertag, installing game, accepting update.
7) Recovering gamertag on to another 360.
8) Using a different game.

Ive tryed all of these and non of them worked, Its something to do ith the gamertag because i run the game perfectly on my Silver back up account. The only way around the start screen freezing is use a MU and when it asks you to choose a save device just hit B to go back and you can access everything, The only thing is you cant save or load anything, This is how im able to get the MP achievements and ill probally do 1 playthrough leaving my 360 on overnight.

Sourman145
08-26-2009, 01:33 AM
I think Genesis has an isolated problem(haven't heard anyone else expereince it), but as long as you don't replay a mission, you will be fine. I had my game freeze on me my first playthrough in downtown around 80%(i had replayed missions), then on my second i never replayed and got all collectibles

Genesis x360a
08-26-2009, 01:39 AM
I think Genesis has an isolated problem(haven't heard anyone else expereince it), but as long as you don't replay a mission, you will be fine. I had my game freeze on me my first playthrough in downtown around 80%(i had replayed missions), then on my second i never replayed and got all collectibles

There's 2 different types of Freezing, 1 is the Replay mission freeze and the other is the freeze where it freezes on the Start screen with the flaming plane, Both are pretty common tbh. There's 100's of threads and posts on the Wolfenstein forums. Activision are trying to sort it out but they can't re-create the problem or so they say.

Diog3nes
08-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Thanks Sourman for the info. I was really hoping someone had some info on playing a new game after the freezing issue. I just started again and i am hoping i can say the same.

Sourman145
08-26-2009, 02:04 AM
yeah youre right genesis, i checked the wolf forums and people are experiences the same issue as you
apparently activision's having trouble recreating the problem

demi
08-26-2009, 02:23 AM
I just got hit with it too.

My progress:

Game Completion - 95%

Gold Found - 85% (100% Midtown)

Tomes - 65%

Intel - 90%

Last thing I did was replay SS Headquarters

edit: Tried reloading earlier and go to Downtown and it glitched. Guess I am replaying on Easy

Lxbox360
08-26-2009, 04:14 AM
i think that these two developers or whatever they call them, need to take their time on making games, i can tell they rush it, i mean come on! what is up with the FREEZE! im in Downtown trying to go back to Midtown but it decided to freeze good job lame developers your with eidos:mad:

Inked and Pierced
08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Yup It has frozen on me multiple times. I am sure they are aware of the problem as well as the many other problems and are working on a patch. hopefully. *crossing fingers*

GenericNPC
08-26-2009, 04:40 AM
you all should read my guide its how to get through the game with all collectibles without freezing including myself I have 2 confirmed that it worked

scorpy78
08-26-2009, 05:59 AM
you all should read my guide its how to get through the game with all collectibles without freezing including myself I have 2 confirmed that it worked

thank you but your guide is only for those who are at the beginning of the game, I only have to collect all collectables in midtown and it froze so I'll wait for patch or throw the game in the bin :mad:

GenericNPC
08-26-2009, 06:21 AM
thank you but your guide is only for those who are at the beginning of the game, I only have to collect all collectables in midtown and it froze so I'll wait for patch or throw the game in the bin :mad: thats the only way to get around it, starting a new game

PhoenixBlade
08-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey guys and gals. I (thankfully) have not been hit by it yet but, considering my luck with these things... Meh.

Anyways, I know it sounds (and probably is) totally irrelevant, but do you have your 360 set up so that it starts the game automatically if it is in the drive or do you have to select to play it?

I know, I know, odd question, but well... In my experience, you never do know...

scorpy78
08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Hey guys and gals. I (thankfully) have not been hit by it yet but, considering my luck with these things... Meh.

Anyways, I know it sounds (and probably is) totally irrelevant, but do you have your 360 set up so that it starts the game automatically if it is in the drive or do you have to select to play it?

I know, I know, odd question, but well... In my experience, you never do know...

my box is set to start to dashboard but I don't think it's a cause

btw. anybody knows which missn I need to do so after it i land in midtown?

stawman uk
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
i have completed the game on uber diffifculty.i started a new game with the same save game file but with no cheats.i did all the missions and bonus missions,before i picked anything up in midtown,once you have completed the last story mision cannery in midtown,you can pickup all of the midtown pickups,once you have completed midtown for pickups,you can move to downtown through the sewers.Then do the castle and radio tower,while picking up the collectables.Then the other two towers.once they are complete you can go around picking up the downtown items.it seems if you start to pick up items before finishing all missions for each district it causes your game to crash.I did replay the cannery mission,because one door in the sewers wouldnt open but i didnt know it was the door to downtown.it seems as i have read afew posts as it frezes on 80%ish or near castle.i feel your pain boys and girls.esp with the mountainous task of all the pickups in this game

Syon
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm too far away in the game to start over and stick to the guide with no freezing at all. But if this going to happen at least I'm informed and know what to come... Damn, this game is good but come on... this kinda bugs? Shame, real shame. I also read in other forums that if the game freezes in the menus it means that the game itself corrupted your LIVE profile and you have to play on other o_O what the phuck?

EngineerTheDead
08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
This just happened to me as well on my first playthrough of Castle (80%-ish complete). It just stops loading after you get in the lift to go to Upper Castle.

I'm too far in and can't be bothered to restart and follow the path which gets around the glitch so I'm dumping it. Luckily, I've called the store I bought it from and they are willing to give me a full refund or swap it for another game. So I'll probably get Arkham Asylum and leave this POS until they patch it (if they do) and then pick it up cheap to complete it.

I find it stupid that you have to get the collectibles in a specific order to prevent the game from corrupting/crashing, a sign of a rushed and unchecked game.

stawman uk
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
it seems as its not a disc issue but a game itself,i used this thread as a guide which worked for me.but even thou i did pick up some midtown items when i was on my first run through,it could be a certain pickup percentage causes it.but thats just speculation thou.i used this thread as a guide and it got me through it with no problems
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171358

Track404
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
96% complete and it freezes on Cannery. I've still got Castle, Airfield and the Zeppelin to finish but they all load ok. Might try and complete them and see if I can then do Cannery. If not then ill be mightily pissed off! This game just gets worse by the day.

Track404
08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Ok scratch that last, went to load my game again after it saved at the beginning of Castle. Now it wont even load that. This game is epic fail!

SR x FUZiON
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
On the offical forums apparently a patch is coming out soon. Seriously though wtf a freezing bug thats the games fault, nothing to do with your xbox or disc....

Vile Denial
08-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Just finished a run through on normal collecting everything first time:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5384/wolf5hours.jpg

Under 5 hours, never replayed a mission, and it thankfully didn't freeze. On to multiplayer now I guess...

SR x FUZiON
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Just finished a run through on normal collecting everything first time:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5384/wolf5hours.jpg

Under 5 hours, never replayed a mission, and it thankfully didn't freeze. On to multiplayer now I guess...

you got all collectables under 5 hours?.... Nice.

Track404
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice, kinda regretting I didn't get all the collectibles first time. Was worried about the 12hour achievement. No idea why, even with all the collectibles it would take about 7-8 hours max. Just waiting on this patch now.........

cdekk3r
08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
When my game first froze it was trying to get into Midtown East from Midtown West. I knew about other people who had frozen on T and that's what mine did but it didn't even register at the time. I was like oh that's lame.. restarted my xbox.. loaded my game and tried again and the same thing happened.. and I was like wtf? So I loaded my game again and thought if East is gonna be gay I'll just look around West for gold first until it ended up freezing in the middle of my search. Now my saved game won't load at all and I'm not touching the game until there is some kind of fix.

Syon
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Well, let me join the club. After beating the story I went back to collect rest of the items and after few ones it freezes me every time I go to Midtown. I can travel throu Downtown with no problem, but when going to Mid its kaput. Now either wait for the patch or start New Game and stick to the 'no freez' guide... meh, I give it a rest for today - IT'S WEEKEND TIME!

AboutFace
08-29-2009, 04:58 AM
I am curious to know if anyone restarted a new game playing without replaying a level. I started a new game and plan on rushing through it just to see if it still freezes.

I WAS playing on hard, no replays, collected everything before mission complete, BAM, can't get to Airfield, freezes at the "T" going to Airfield mission regardless of what save I use. There is definitely something wrong with Midtown and Downtown. Plus, there were several achs I did not get, such as Man About Town. All small missions are complete. This game is garbage no other way to say it. It's really sad, many were looking forward to the game for years. MP is pathetic.

I rejoice in the fact the developers were fired the day the game released. I hope they never work in the gaming industry ever again.

X-Showboat-King-X
08-29-2009, 11:15 PM
hey, I havent experienced this glitch yet, but if we play through once, to get some of the basic achievements, is it then okay to start a whole new campaign again - going just for the collectables? or is the problem only replaying levels in the same campaign? if you get me ;) lol

Trevelyan
08-30-2009, 12:18 PM
96% freeze.. only had a few more places to get the collectibles.

Started to freeze at the farm, "traveling to tunnels" screen it stuck at the "t".

Now, any mission I go on will freeze D:

I was so infuriated when I saw it was a bug on other forums that I was tempted to list every name of the QA testers, plus the QA lead, and demand they be fired, or at least whoever was responsible for this part of the game. It was just so insulting that they feel they can put in some phenominally long credits and yet have a game with such a widespread and big bug (if, after less than a week after it's release, a game has this many people with a problem, it can't have been tested that extensively).

Instead, however, it makes me happy that I can have an excuse not to grind for 1000 on this game in a short time. Instead, i'm doing the Mass Effect DLC now. Wolfenstein can suck it, even if it is a good game.

Drradenstein
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Add me to the list ladies and gents, it seems almost everyone has replaying missions in common but i replayed a poop ton (3 missions) and nothing happened till i tried playing castle.now no matter what i do the game freezes on me:mad:
i guess i will start all over again and follow the guides.

mrdaggert
09-01-2009, 12:33 AM
add me 2 i get passed the T i can play for about 25 sec and then the whole system freezes personally i am done with activision i have had alot of problems with that company anyway over the years and this goes to show they can still screw up good games

MadaRenrut
09-01-2009, 01:51 AM
I have made it all the way to platform to get onto the Zeppelin, I have collected all the Collectables, all of them. And was playing it on Uber Difficulty now I have nothing. Eff Raven, I don't know what games they make but they are dead to me. How do you release a broken game.

Versus
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
level castle, i take the elevator to the upper level, the game it stop for loading and....it crash!
i also tried to load another save before that point but nothing changes, i'm really disappointed.
so now at this point I CAN'T COMPLETE this game.
what the hell, activision is going to get a patch or not?

Major Bones
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Frozen after collecting everything except Downtown and Airfield/Zeppelin. Thought that i would be allright because i figured id go for it after i completed my less than 3 death achievement. This will teach me. I should of just restarted from begining since i had to collect stuff on every damn level anyways. Hopefully a patch will be soon and save all of our asses!

** Just for info i freeze now after i collected everything from midtown and try to load anything after it.

Lordofdaping
09-06-2009, 04:38 AM
CRAP... I just got this too... plus my main elite 360 E74 (eventhough took em a day to fix it and send back - on its way- must have been a loose solder or something)...not been a good week

Mebbe these game breaking bug this gen are done on purpose so people dont trade back their games...Knowing Activision of late...i am going to call Foul:uzi:

demi
09-06-2009, 06:41 AM
It's not the SP thats freezing, I just got a freeze during a multiplayer match. What a POS game.

SATYATEX
09-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm playin' now on Über and have 2 questions, maybe they were answered somewhere in the topics but it's not clean-cut 4me so please help me to clarify them.
1. If I picked up just a few collectibles so far and ignored the side missions at all, am I still in danger regarding the freeze bug if I stop to pick up any collectible from now? I finished train station,dig site,church,farm and hospital.
2. If I'd like to beat the game under 12hours, what to do when I die? It's working the same way as the "less than 3 deaths" cheevo, so I must go back to the main menu and load the last save from there and it erases the time spent for failed attempts? Maybe u'll find this question stupid bcs the game can be done under 12 hrs easily even on Über but I'm not a pro and died too many times so far :(

x LeXXuz x
09-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Count me in. Freeze at 96% while doing replay to get missing collectables.
Shame, that there is still no patch in sight. ID and Raven can do better I think.
Well, I spent too much time to start from scratch again.
I will wait (and pray) that there will be a patch someday...

DarthSoth
09-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Wow, still no patch for this game ending glitch yet? That is pretty bad. I had figured that they would have patched this by now.

Major Bones
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah im very surprised they havent patched this yet. If this was during my first playthrough and the game froze up i would be extremely pissed!

Major Bones
09-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Screw it im just going to restart from the begining. Im sick of waiting for a patch and i want to maximize my trade in for this epic fail of a wolfenstiein game. Im sure they will patch this thing eventually but most likely it wont be for 6 months. Just guessing from what ive seen from other games that i have played with glitches (UT3, Bad Co.). Good luck guys with the patch. Hopefully my next post on here will be for the 1000/1000 club! :drunk

spunyun
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm at the very end of the game with just 2 intel left at the end of the Zeppelin level and I freeze at various times at the part where you have to activate the mini-bridges to get across the the other side. Fucked up thing is that I got across on my first try and died and now I can't get across because it freezes every time--almost a dozen times now.

EDIT: Its the checkpoint, you can't continue from that checkpoint so if you die you have to quit back to main menu and load the previous checkpoint from before the elevator.

EDIT2: Ok same goes for the next checkpoint, awesome...

DarthSoth
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Has this issue been delt with via a patch yet? This is months later now and I was thinking of renting this game again to get those last few achievements I can. But if the game isn't patched yet then my hope for playing this game again anytime soon will be pretty low.

Shame, I actually liked the game.

Lomas666
10-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Has this issue been delt with via a patch yet? This is months later now and I was thinking of renting this game again to get those last few achievements I can. But if the game isn't patched yet then my hope for playing this game again anytime soon will be pretty low.

Shame, I actually liked the game.

Still not patched.

Major Bones
10-06-2009, 04:49 AM
BTW just updating but i did all the missions in order and collected everything the first time through, so i did not have to replay any missions and unlocked all of the achievements that i was missing. So i am now 1000/1000 on this! Good luck guys i would highly suggest just restarting if your saves are frozen! It doesnt take long to redo the work that has been lost and is worth getting this turd of a game complete!

DSoV
10-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I too am one of the unfortunate people to be hit with this freezing glitch.

Every time I go to walk on the last bridge on Airfield...to go load the level Zeppelin, my game freezes and wont load the level, I cant even go to my dashboard to exit the game...I gotta restart my whole xbox.

My very first play-through, collected everything up until Zeppelin, on Uber difficulty...plenty of time left to get the Under 12 hour achievement, and I have less then 3 deaths...

Heh...no way i'm going to go through all that again...i'll just wait for a patch to happen...however long that may be...

DSoV
10-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Sorry for the double post, but after doing some research on the issue I found a topic made yesterday on the official Wolfenstein 360 boards titled "Possible Workaround for Gamertag Freeze". Not many people have viewed the topic and not a single person has replied to it yet.

I don't have a memory unit to test this out, but if any of you guys do...please try this out and give us some feedback. I'd be willing to buy a cheap 64mb memory unit if this method works.

Sorry if this has already been posted but here is the topic with the information to this "Possible" fix.

http://www.wolfenstein.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2246&start=0

bllue
10-11-2009, 02:18 PM
i am struck at the t too when entering the hospital. already started afresh with no replays but didnt work. i gave up >1 month ago and was hoping for a patch. still no patch.. :p

DarthSoth
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
This game has dropped from a game I was looking forward to playing again once it was patched to one that I no longer give a shit about anymore. I mean seriously here, 2 full months and a game ending glitch hasn't been addressed yet. That is pretty pathetic.

LuperAZ
10-21-2009, 02:03 AM
The PC version just got patched I hope that means console will too.

Rascue
10-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I last dumped the game into my xbox 2 weeks ago and no update, so i decided to give it a shot today after reading that the PC version was patched this week.
And voila! There WAS an update.
But it made no difference as the bloody game was still freezing!
But then my saves could be corrupt and i'll probably have to start from scratch and wipe all progress.

Can anyone verify that this was an actual patch? :confused:

Lomas666
10-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I last dumped the game into my xbox 2 weeks ago and no update, so i decided to give it a shot today after reading that the PC version was patched this week.
But then my saves could be corrupt and i'll probably have to start from scratch and wipe all progress.

No patch for me when I inserted the disc.

Rascue
10-24-2009, 11:17 PM
No patch for me when I inserted the disc.

Hmmm..The only other update i've ever had was when i first put the game in my xbox on the day it was released so i'm buggered if i know what this update was!!
:wtf

Lomas666
10-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Hmmm..The only other update i've ever had was when i first put the game in my xbox on the day it was released so i'm buggered if i know what this update was!!
:wtf
Sure you haven't cleaned your cache?

Genesis x360a
10-24-2009, 11:56 PM

I have the start screen freeze problem and i got an update but it made no difference and i still have the freezing problem. Maybe it was a MP update for the gold problem.

Draco719
11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
This is unreal....how can the MS allow broken games to be sold?

DeSTr0Yaz
11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
happening with me now! =( just finished the whole game and a have have 99% complete. just need 2 pieces of gold and 1 intel. Radio station freezes on me on load up....gets to the "t" in wolfenstein and locks up...did it to me 4 times in a row.. no luck. DAMN GAME!:uzi:

DAZTK
12-13-2009, 12:50 AM
I wish i had read this first. I completed on UBER, with less than three deaths and under 12 hours and thought id finish off with the collectibles without any worries. About 50% now and im on Cannery level but it just freezes mid -game!!! i was going to try restarting levels etc but not after reading this, i dont want to get to 99% and it freeze on me again!

I can confirm i had the most recent update before i played this - i rented it 5 days ago! So the patch definetely doesnt work!

DarthSoth
12-14-2009, 04:06 PM
What a bunch of shit! This long and they still haven't fixed a game ending glitch? Well time to make a mental note of who made the game, who published it, and try real hard not to get another one of their games if this is what we can expect in form of support once the game is released. Will definitely not ever be re-renting this game as I had planned to to sum up the remaining achievements I need.

Load of crap.

Virgin
12-18-2009, 06:34 PM
The problem i'm having is that I can't use my guns! I died on that Airfield mission and when I respawned I couldn't equip any guns even though they were all there when I held RB.

I can't sprint or throw grenades either. I've tried aborting the mission, dying in different ways, replaying past missions but still have this problem. I even went to a black market dealer and none of my weapons are on the menu.

Has anybody else had this problem or know a fix?