Speedster achievement question.

Pond cat

Hey, so I have started my game again after using the 12,000+ Grade from my first playthrough and im going back getting the stuff i missed.

I just wanna check that even though I have carried over my records, such as my 60 hours plus gametime the speedster achievement will still unlock? It suddenley dawned on me before that my gametime is just continuing from the first playthrough. Will the game recognise that I have played it through in under 15 hours or will I have to start agin on a fresh 00:00 gametime? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I got an other question regarding the Speedster achievement.I wonder if anyone who has ever compelted the achievement remembers how long it took to finish the 1st part and then the 2nd part. I'm about to start a new game and I wanted to use this as a reference. The thing is I don't wanna reach the end of the game and missing the achievement for a few minutes, so if anyone can post any reference, I would appreciate it. : )

Hey, I got an other question regarding the Speedster achievement.I wonder if anyone who has ever compelted the achievement remembers how long it took to finish the 1st part and then the 2nd part. I'm about to start a new game and I wanted to use this as a reference. The thing is I don't wanna reach the end of the game and missing the achievement for a few minutes, so if anyone can post any reference, I would appreciate it. : )

I would like to know the same thing as well. I am currently near the end of the 2nd chapter and will be going for speed run in my 2nd playthough and probably finish off the books in my third and my level 15 one will be saved for my 4th.

I would like to know the same thing as well. I am currently near the end of the 2nd chapter and will be going for speed run in my 2nd playthough and probably finish off the books in my third and my level 15 one will be saved for my 4th.

I would also sort of like to know, although I'm really not worried about it since my friend (just got 1000/1000 last week) did the speed run with 1/2 xp (so he could get the achievement for beating Barbos as well) in about 10-11 hours or so, so I assume with 10x xp you will fly through without much need to worry.

I actually just finished my Speedster run today, interesting timing! I don't have exact times, but I finished in 8:59:something, and I've done it all in the last three days, so I think I can remember well enough to give you rough estimates:

Chapter 1 (start through Ghasfarost) - 3:00 (3:00 total)

Chapter 2 (post Ghasfarost to Zaude) - 4:30 (7:30 total)

Chapter 3 (post Zaude to end) - 1:30 (9:00 total)

Obviously skip all FMV's with Start, hold X+A during text to get through it as fast as you can, and use buttloads of Holy Bottles to avoid encounters (I think I used at least 70, and that includes having Repede's Holy Breath to extend the times!). EDIT: also don't forget to hit B to end your battles, it'll skip through all the items and leveling up - that probably saved me at least half an hour's time. As another reference, I had 94 encounters through the entire game, and ended up at level 72 with 10x Experience from the Grade Shop.

I also recommend against using Rita - her spells take far too long to cast. The party I ran with whenever I could was Yuri, Repede, Judith, Estelle/Raven.

Also, don't worry at all if you don't meet my times - I still had six more hours to spend! If you can get through Ghasfarost within 5 hours, you should still have plenty of time to get it done.

Edited by zelgadissan

i did this on my other profile

1st hour - shikos ruins

2nd hour - caer bocrum

3rd hour - tower of ghasforost (I finished the tower at 2 hours 59 minutes)

4th hour - mantiac

5th hour - nordopolica 2nd visit (when the hunting blades come)

6th hour - baction (I think)

7th hour - zaphious (I think)

8th hour - relewise hollow (did it before the crystal lands... crystal lands only takes like 4 minutes boss battle included...lol)

9th hour - game was finished at 8 hours, 57 minutes, 20 seconds