PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop

njdevils17
08-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Gamestop has been pissing me off a bit lately. For starters, I hate the fact that every used game in the store is covered in stickers. When you try to peel them off, most of the time there is residue left from the stickers on the game. What is the point of having 4 or 5 stickers on a game?

Another thing I don't like is the fact that they harass you into pre-ordering a game every time you buy something.

For example, I bought MLB 2K6 and Beowulf a few days ago because they were cheap. I'm checking out and the clerk ask if I want to pre order anything. I say no thank you, not at this time. It's fine if they ask once, but they just persist! The clerk then says "Not big into Call of Duty?" I said I like Call of Duty, but I'll just wait for Christmas to get it (I'm going to away at school when it comes out so I couldn't pre order it anyway). Then the clerk and I guess a manager says "Good luck finding a copy at Christmas. These game companies aren't going to be making as many games this year." In my mind I'm saying bullshit to that statement. I respond by saying, "Well I've never had trouble getting any of the other Call of Duty games or any big name titles like Halo and GTA4 without pre ordering them." Then the clerk said, "You're living on the edge!" Then I finally walked out of the store.

I just hate being harassed like that when I say I don't want to pre order a game. I also hate how some of their used games are still a lot of money. I'm not going to buy Left 4 Dead used for $50 when I can get it off Amazon new for $50.

Deleted2014-12-02
08-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Umm... shop somewhere else then?

The guy at my GameStop is awesome. Hell, I was just in there a while ago and we were talking about all the new releases coming out and even a Beatles tourney that's going to be going on. Caught up 'cause I haven't been in there for a while, then pre-ordered 3 games and picked up my Beatles Pre-Order Club ticket that I've been forgetting to get for two months.

If you don't like where you shop, then shop somewhere else. It's pretty simple.

ExtremeRugburn
08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I dislike all the stickers as well, however, the amount of stickers tells you how many times the game has been repurchased. When a game is turned in used they have to ship it back to its maker, then it returns and they tag it with a price. Then say someone buys it, returns it and the process starts over, sometimes with a lower price if the game has been out awhile. Thus you end up with multiple stickers.

PHIL 421
08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Flip it on them next time just start offering to sell them crap nobody would buy if you do that everytime they'll get the hint.

KFZ Scrubs
08-21-2009, 06:04 PM
It's not that bad.... i mean most of the gamestops i go to have nice people in them (mostly because they don't know shit about games). This one that i used to go to had some guys trying to make me buy warhawk (which i eventually did). Beforehand though i said i wouldn't have enough time to play because schools starting soon and one of them told me i should kill my parents. I looked at him real hard like WTF is wrong with you. Then he said, or run away like i did and work here. After that i just bought my shit and left..... i like dealing with people who don't know shit about games because i don't have to deal with bullshit like that.

InkedUp
08-21-2009, 06:05 PM
If you are having problems at your local GameStop, I would try a different one or a whole other game store. It just sounds like those guys are a little to pushy, but don't let them taint your opinion on GameStop as a whole. I love the GameStop I go to, they are friendly and when I buy stuff from them, they just ask if I would like to pre-order anything. They name off some major games coming out, which is nice because half the time I might forget about upcoming games. They only do it once though, and if I say I'm alright with what I got, they leave it alone.

Fizzmatix
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Did you really need to make another thread complaining about gamestop, if you don't like them don't go there simple. There really not that bad a company, and yes they are there to sell you stuff. Like every other company.

They offer you preorders because it's their job, if you get to know the guys in the stores they don't bother you, instead they will just chat with you. To be honest there not a bad company, they are there to make money, if you use an edge card you get decent offers.

KFZ Scrubs
08-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Did you really need to make another thread complaining about gamestop, if you don't like them don't go there simple. There really not that bad a company, and yes they are there to sell you stuff. Like every other company.

They offer you preorders because it's their job, if you get to know the guys in the stores they don't bother you, instead they will just chat with you. To be honest there not a bad company, they are there to make money, if you use an edge card you get decent offers.
Lol, where you here when this guy made a thread that was two posts long on why Gamestop was evil?
It was hilarious.... i don't know what happened buy he was really committed in proving that they're the devil reincarnated.

Vendetta
08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
The three gamestops that I frequent are awesome as hell. The one I go to the most treats me very well and the managers both often hook me up with left over pre-order stuff as well as hook me up with pennied guides. I never have to ask for the most mint used disc either because they do it everytime for me. This is the reason I actually like gamestop unlike a vast majority of others.

I would just say try a different gamestop. The very first one I used to frequent was awful, the manager was a dick and all the clerks were pushy like the one you said you had a bad experience at. I went to another one and the manager was actually the one to help me and we got to talking about RPGs and he has remembered me ever since.

ErmacVersion1
08-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I dislike all the stickers as well, however, the amount of stickers tells you how many times the game has been repurchased. When a game is turned in used they have to ship it back to its maker, then it returns and they tag it with a price. Then say someone buys it, returns it and the process starts over, sometimes with a lower price if the game has been out awhile. Thus you end up with multiple stickers. No they don't. The stickers usually indicate price changes/and or how many times it's been traded in. Gamestop doesn't ship games anywhere unless it's being transfered to another store or the game is in such bad shape it has to be refurbished in which case, Gamestop sends it back to their warehouse to be resurfaced, fixed, etc. When a game is traded in, it is stickered by the game advisor, or manager, or whoever is doing the trades, and then the game is filed and the case put out on the wall the same day.

As for reservations and subscriptions, they have a quota to make, which is bullshit because it makes most people that work there paranoid that if they don't perform they will get fired. Also bullshit. If anything they should make the employees of Gamestop work off of commisson based on percentages. Granted some people there can be pushy as shit, others don't give 2 shits and don't bother you unless they know you well enough to ask politely and if you say no they leave it be. The Gamestop I go to now in the mall by work, I know the Store Manager well enough that he will personally call me when a game he knows I will want is reservable and he just simply says, "Hey man, so and so will be out on this date, do you want me to put $5 on it for you?" He does and I pay him back the next day on my lunch. Simple as that. People like that at Gamestop are rare, but can be really cool. With them being a monopoly in my area, there really isn't much else you can do because Target doesn't carry shit for games, and Wal-Mart and Best Buy is full of people who know jack diddly shit. Keep in mind this is my town, not saying it's like that everywhere.

If you don't like shopping there then just shop someplace else is all I can say dude. Maybe try a different Gamestop? Find one with people who don't ride your ass looking for an easy sell? Being from Jersey I'm sure you have Gamestop's everywhere. I'm in Jax and we have a good 26 Gamestop's down here and most are litterally a mile away from one another. Try that.

As for the used game prices, that's the worst part of that place. A new game is $20, so they charge $18 used. Then you trade it back in and get $6. WTF? That's how they make their profit. You wanna hurt them there, just don't trade your games back in. Without trade, they really make no money honestly.

And I'm done. If it came off as a rant I apologize for that.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Gamestop lives off pre orders and subscriptions which is why they harass you over it, i worked there season (or like .. 3 days throughout the whole month of december) and i didnt really care, if they didnt want it whatever , if i notice theyre buying something ill recommend a game for them to pre order

Pigletoos
08-21-2009, 09:15 PM
All the stickers on the box or from price drops, say if a game comes out and then a couple of days later some people start trading in that game is $54 used, then the price drops to $44, $34, $26, $17, etc. So the stickers really build up lol. Trust me I never had the time to peal off stickers and put new ones on, its gets really busy sometimes. Gamestop doesn't send back games unless they are deflected.

Now about the preorders and subscriptions its their job, trust me it can get annoying when some people are pushy about it. I had to do it, it was part of my job to get preorders and subs. I would usually ask once and if someone said no it was fine. But I would just tell them some big titles coming out and maybe some preorder goodies they would get if they pre ordered it.

I never had a quota to make, maybe that is a new thing since I quit. But we were always pushed by our district manager to get subs, plus it makes your store looks bad if your not getting much preorders.

I worked there for about a year and a half, it was probably the best job I had, my manger was really cool and a nice guy. Even though the whole staff has changed since I worked there the people still know me and give me goodies. Oh and they know I like my orginal cases and mint condition games.

AjaxRoxx
08-21-2009, 09:23 PM
as an employee we arent all bad. but there r some gotta admit. some r just being funny and some know the stores numbers r down n they need to bring em up.

the sticker thing. is because some r lazy n dont take the 1st off. i do as i hated it when i was a customer, i dont want ne one to suffer. but being there i became pro at taking them off residue free. lol. but we arent all bad.

the amazon point? its 50 new. but ur shipping too. which comes pretty close to jus buying it flatout of the store :P

Nerdz0r
08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I fucking hate it when they have about 10 stickers on and there's always shit left over after you peel it off. (I'm talking about every game shop known to man.)

Gorilla Stomper
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
This is just the general bullshit of buying in-store, get over it

i admit though the high price of used games annoys me, i've noticed that game stores near me actually put the price of used games higher than brand new ones, cos they know that some customers go straight for the used section.

Porpoise King
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Stickers are no big deal. Put a hairdryer over them for about 1 minute and peel them off. They come right off, no residue either.

njdevils17
08-22-2009, 01:30 AM
To be honest, this wasn't the usual Gamestop I visit. The usual one will ask me once for any pre orders and that's it. I do like that Gamestop.

The one I explained in my post I go to sometimes. It's in a mall so I'll go there whenever I'm at the mall.

I don't care that they stack the stickers on each other, I just hate they have a sticker on the spine on the actual paper label inside the case, a sticker or 2 on the back and one on the front. Also, I was pretty pissed off in general when I went to that Gamestop a few days so ago so that didn't help.

And to those who say don't shop at Gamestop, I really only go there for used games because it is the only retail store around me that sells used games.

I just didn't like the fact that the guy pretty much said, "If you don't pre-order Modern Warfare 2, you probably won't get it until March or April." That is complete bullshit.

njdevils17
08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
as an employee we arent all bad. but there r some gotta admit. some r just being funny and some know the stores numbers r down n they need to bring em up.

the sticker thing. is because some r lazy n dont take the 1st off. i do as i hated it when i was a customer, i dont want ne one to suffer. but being there i became pro at taking them off residue free. lol. but we arent all bad.

the amazon point? its 50 new. but ur shipping too. which comes pretty close to jus buying it flatout of the store :P

Amazon has free shipping and no tax if you spend over $25.

I've also seen Gamestop sell All Pro Football 2K8 for $10 new and then I see it at Best Buy for $6 new. They should at least know their competitors prices.

DTwirler
08-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Glad my Gamestops (yes, I have three within a 1 mile radius) don't pull this crap. They ask me once usually, and that's it! Plus, I think at least one store is beginning to recognize me. :p

UnwiseZebra
08-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Those telling him to simply go to another store need to stop and think for a moment. The problem with companies such as Gamestop pulling this bullshit is that they are also slowly taking over the world as well. The only places in my city I can acquire video games now is Funcoland (owned by Gamestop), and stores such as Target, Wallmart, etc. The non-chain video game stores are all gone in this area, and in many others also.

This is why I now only shop online for video games, and it's still a problem nonetheless.

Dz06lt
08-22-2009, 01:51 AM
personally i cant stand gamestop either but there is nothing you can do about stickers on used games my biggest problem with them is selling you a "NEW" game that is opened and stickered that is plain bullshit its not new no matter what they say. The only time i shop there is when i have a gift card otherwise its Best Buy for me the rewards program and gamers club are more than the motivation i need to go their for my purchases

VladimirK
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Suppose I should be thankful, Game/Gamestation employees never ask me stuff like this.

They make up for it with their stickers though.
These stupid ones where it's got 3 cuts in it so that when you start peeling them away, more often than not only 1/3 of the sticker comes off, so you need to do this 2 more times.
That sounds lazy, but it's that white paper crap underneath the sticker that can get left on the case because of this that bugs me.

Oh, and the staff at my local Game.
I used to talk to them when I was in and they would know who I was.
But they got a bunch of useless Christmas staff in and for some reason kept most of them.
Now I prefer shopping online to going in.
I already hate going into a crowded shopping place, but then for some little jackass to pester you just pisses me off.

Dz06lt
08-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Just to help out with the sticker problem, there is a wonderful product called googone that will help remove all the residue fron the stickers you can get it at any grocery or department store works wonders

J0shUK
08-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Suppose I should be thankful, Game/Gamestation employees never ask me stuff like this.

They make up for it with their stickers though.
These stupid ones where it's got 3 cuts in it so that when you start peeling them away, more often than not only 1/3 of the sticker comes off, so you need to do this 2 more times.
That sounds lazy, but it's that white paper crap underneath the sticker that can get left on the case because of this that bugs me.

Oh, and the staff at my local Game.
I used to talk to them when I was in and they would know who I was.
But they got a bunch of useless Christmas staff in and for some reason kept most of them.
Now I prefer shopping online to going in.
I already hate going into a crowded shopping place, but then for some little jackass to pester you just pisses me off.

I think we can get it just as bad over here. Coincidentally, I went with a friend to buy him a new 360 today from Game. We spoke to one of the shop assistants, saying we wanted to get one of the bundles. He replied with "You don't want one of those fail machines, you want a PS3", to which I replied, "No we want an Xbox thank you". (Now, when you are about to sell a console, its not the best idea to call the #2 selling console, the one which is beating (on sales) the one you say is better, a "fail machine", especially when it is to 2 360 fans). Then the manager came over and started bigging up the PS3 for 15 minutes. It was ridiculous. He was using facts which were not even true any way and I just laughed. Why the hell wouldn't he just go in the back and get us a bundle?? We didn't want a PS3. Anyway, eventually after a heated "discussion" I told him we will go Gamestation if he doesn't just let us buy an Xbox, to which he quickly acted and rushed into the back to fetch one.
I know for a fact why he was trying to do this. They need to sell all the old PS3's before they start selling their new Slim stock on the 1st September. Its a shame. Its completely destroyed my view of Game, which was always my #1 retailer. The salesmen need to learn that by doing what they do, they are actually going to pressure customers away. I was so annoyed by the time we left that I nearly wrote a letter of complaint.

FourChan
08-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Amazon.com, no taxes, quick and easy, no stickers.

Sizzlebuzz
08-22-2009, 05:38 AM
75% of the used games at gamestop are scratched to hell. The other 20% won't even work. If you're lucky you'll get a good disc.

The prices they buy games at is just plain crappy too. They will buy a used game for 10 dollars and sell it used for 55. Depending on how recent the game is and if it's selling good, they may buy it for 15!

The stickers have never really bothered me. I just scratch them off.

Kaiyo
08-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Blame the people who get their games scratched up like %^&*( and then go trade them in.

Sizzlebuzz
08-22-2009, 06:16 AM
Blame the people who get their games scratched up like %^&*( and then go trade them in.

That's not really all there is to it.

You can blame them sure, but why blame stupid 12 years olds that throw discs around their room, when the ones buying them and selling them test them out beforehand, and sell them knowing that they are in horrible condition. I'm not here to make a fuss about it, I am just adding that to the list of crap Gamestop has to offer.

Many of my friends hate gamestop. They all know this. These are facts, not lies. But it's all good. No worries.

Though, out of the 10 used games I have bought, two haven't worked. Also, a "NEW" game I bought, had a melted looking inner ring which caused it to freeze up a ton.

Heh, one of the unreadable discs they sold me, tried to be read as a japanese DVD the first two times I put it in. The third time, it hit a loading screen and never loaded. Isn't that odd? Can't that be harmful to your Xbox? Just curious.

Jappe XBA
08-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I've bought now 5 or 6 used games from Gamestop and every single stickie I've took off didn't leave a mark... Maybe it's because I live in Finland and maybe they use different stickies in here :p

ErmacVersion1
08-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Also, a "NEW" game I bought, had a melted looking inner ring which caused it to freeze up a ton.
And that's when they told you that they couldn't replace it right? That you had to take it up with the manufacturer right? Just gotta love that shit.

VladimirK
08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
And that's when they told you that they couldn't replace it right? That you had to take it up with the manufacturer right? Just gotta love that shit.

I've had that.
I've noticed a pattern aswell.

It's Collector's Editions.
As if they use cheaper discs to make up for the cost of the pack.
If you hold the disc then let the light hit it, sometimes it looks almost like an oil spill in the shiny bit, ie as opposed to straight coloured lines from the centre its like a puddle shape of colours.

Then the store refuses to replace the faulty disc sometimes but will just give you another at other times, see my comment about different staff, new only offer to clean the disc, old would just give you a new disc.

DuHsoccer
08-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't like gamestop and bought 3 games in 3 years from them.

I don't like the sticker things either, and charge absurd amount of money,

although some of they're new cheap games are extremely cheap.

I picked up brand new mirror's edge for $10. And there was no sticker cause they gave me a sealed copy. =D.

ErmacVersion1
08-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I've had that.
I've noticed a pattern aswell.

It's Collector's Editions.
As if they use cheaper discs to make up for the cost of the pack.
If you hold the disc then let the light hit it, sometimes it looks almost like an oil spill in the shiny bit, ie as opposed to straight coloured lines from the centre its like a puddle shape of colours.

Then the store refuses to replace the faulty disc sometimes but will just give you another at other times, see my comment about different staff, new only offer to clean the disc, old would just give you a new disc. I've noticed that on some of my game discs. Not all of them, but some. Where the center of the disc looks funny colored? I always wondered about that.

VladimirK
08-23-2009, 12:53 AM
I always wondered about that.

It's just a theory really.
But I do think it is odd that all the discs I've had that have went glitchy within a couple of days of playing, after being bought new, have had this strange puddle shape on them.

Dragon's Heart
08-23-2009, 01:00 AM
I quit going to gamestop cause I only buy new games unless I absolutely cannot find a certain game aside from used...I got pissed off at them because everytime I went in there and specifically told them that I wanted a NEW copy of a game they would still give me used supposedly cause it was saving me money...I told them I don't give a fuck about a few dollars difference, I want the game new, as the case that I took off the shelf said was new, and they still kept trying to give me used...I straight up left and have been going to Best Buy ever since...

Guitar Hero 5 will be the first game that I have bought from gamestop in like forever now, and that is only because they have that offer of if you preorder GH5 with them you get GH Van Halen for free...

Sizzlebuzz
08-23-2009, 01:01 AM
It's just a theory really.
But I do think it is odd that all the discs I've had that have went glitchy within a couple of days of playing, after being bought new, have had this strange puddle shape on them.

Personally it doesn't matter to me as long as it plays end to end. I mainly play RPG's.

I have 1k on:

Blue dragon
Enchanted arms
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Marvel Ult.
Mass effect
Oblivion

So basically, I play RPG's and action RPG's mostly. And usually you don't go back to RPG's after beating them and the new game plus, which every xbox RPG seems to have (which is nice).

But when you pop a new disc out of it's case and the inner ring is all deformed looking, you can only begin to think that it's not new.

After playing it for a week, I took it out and it had a 1/2 inch vertical scratch, and no others. My Xbox has never scratched any of my games either.

I'm not saying they would repackage very good conditioned used games as new, but, I don't trust that open box new game thing. I don't see why they can't leave the package on it.

Jethrow
08-23-2009, 01:05 AM
some lighter fluid on cotten balls with remove any of that residue, i've done it many times.

IDunc
08-23-2009, 01:29 AM
I never trade games because you only get 5 or 6 dollars for a game.

Nightbeam
08-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Trading in games is so pointless, I've kept every game I've ever earned and haven't regretted it, as I often have an urge to play an old game like Dead Rising or Lost Planet.

Kairi
08-23-2009, 03:20 PM
My GameStop is great. The people are nice, helpful, and know something about video games. Half the people in there know me as "the girl that plays the music games" or "the Final Fantasy player" XD I go in there quite a bit lol

Don't have the preorder problem, but they do sticker coat some of the game covers. I can get some off with no problem, but others are rather hard because they put three stickers on top of each other -_-

Dz06lt
08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I never trade games because you only get 5 or 6 dollars for a game.

Absolutly correct then they turn around 40 seriously i keep all my games but if your gonna sell ebay or a user trading site might be the best option

Deleted2014-12-02
08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
75% of the used games at gamestop are scratched to hell. The other 20% won't even work. If you're lucky you'll get a good disc.

Wow, what a shit statistic. I've bought... let's see... 10 games from GameStop, all of which are 100% fully functional... so I guess that puts a big hole in your logic, eh?

Darth Grif55
08-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I usually buy games from Game Stop. I always get new games in the plastic packaging from there.

I refuse to sell them anymore games though, I'll just keep them or trade them with friends.

Sizzlebuzz
08-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, what a shit statistic. I've bought... let's see... 10 games from GameStop, all of which are 100% fully functional... so I guess that puts a big hole in your logic, eh?

Games that are scratched to hell can be played. And just because your experience differs from mine doesn't mean anything. I don't see a hole in anything. Fully functional doesn't mean good condition. Put a big scratch on one of your discs. I bet it will probably still be "fully functional". But I also bet, that you will feel more uneasy when playing that game.

Everyone knows that 75% of the used games being sold at gamestop are total garbage. If you wish to have a crush on gamestop, please do so. Far be it from me to put you down. But don't try to bring me over with you =\.

Lets see.

Chromehounds, very scratched. Completely covered in them. No problems though.

Marv and Forza 2 were both very scratched. Forza 2 didn't play and I traded it in. The copy they gave me after has froze several times within a 15 hour play period.

Lost odyssey, 2 of the discs were scratched and froze a few times during play. Which doesn't matter much because the 4th wasn't.

Oblivion IV isn't in too bad of condition, except for the inner ring, which causes it to freeze completely almost once during each session I played it. It looks as if it's covered in yellow gunk, that is inside of the disc.

Fable 1 had a small crack in the inner ring, which caused it to freeze constantly. I quit 75% through the game.

Can I stop opening boxes and put them back on the shelf?

Those are a few of the games from gamestop I have bought. Not to even bringing in playstation games. Only 3 of the games I have bought from gamestop are in good condition. Out of 15 used games, that's not too great.

Deleted2014-12-02
08-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Games that are scratched to hell can be played. And just because your experience differs from mine doesn't mean anything. I don't see a hole in anything. Fully functional doesn't mean good condition. Put a big scratch on one of your discs. I bet it will probably still be "fully functional". But I also bet, that you will feel more uneasy when playing that game.

Everyone knows that 75% of the used games being sold at gamestop are total garbage. If you wish to have a crush on gamestop, please do so. Far be it from me to put you down. But don't try to bring me over with you =.

Lets see.

[List]

Sucks for you. Sounds like your GameStop is in the ghetto. Of course, far be it from me to change your complete and total judgment of GameStop based on one ghetto store despite that there are obviously better stores out there.

And your list of games there either tells me you trusted them enough to sell you several games at one time without them inspecting any disc, in which case is their fault.

OR, and pay attention because this is where your list is put to shame.

You bought several games one after another and didn't get it through your head that obviously quality products are not the main selling point of this store and maybe you should start checking used game discs before you take them home, play them, don't finish them due to an error in the disc, and come to a video game forum and whine about it... in which case is your fault.

I don't get uneasy about playing my used, Gamestop games, because so far I have a 100% success rate. Also, I'm in so tight with one of the managers there that he'd probably cut me a deal if I had any problems. Besides, they're mostly easy 1000s so there's honestly not a lot of data for it to access other than what's needed for the 1000.

Of course, 75% of every person on this planet is aware of GameStop's short-comings, meaning 3 out of 4 users on this forum know that. Krazie, Minty, and Webb all know it, but RoutineX doesn't. Creech, jackanape, and razzleson know it, but Shinobi doesn't.

Since you made a list, how 'bout I make one for me? :)
Rock Band - Don't know the condition of the disc... as I'm currently playing it. ;)
Guitar Hero II - Minor scuffs and residue. Easily cleaned with any disc cleaner.
Full Auto - Minute scratches.
NFS: Undercover - Significant, circular scratch damage. Don't really care though, since this game blows hard and I don't know why I bought it.
Halo Wars - Like New.
Baja 1000 - Like Undercover.
Jumper - I can see my face in it. :) It's sooooo shiny.
Pimp My Ride - Lesser circular scratches.
MLB 2K6 - Even lesser circular scratches.
NCAA 07 - Mostly residue. Easily polished away.
NBA 2K6 - See Jumper.

Coadster1
08-24-2009, 01:52 AM
I know what you mean, it's kind of like when you go to Sonic and you order all the food you want and then they say, "Would you like any tots or a rootbeer float with that." In your head you're thinking "DID I ASK FOR TOTS AND ROOTBEER FLOAT, I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" It's just business, that's their job, to sell you stuff.

Skillet
08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
One thing people need to remember about Gamestop is the fact that you can take a used game back to the store for any reason within seven days.

This also works for online used purchases. Just make sure you keep your packing slip. If the game doesn't work, take it to the nearest store and they'll exchange it for you. I had to do this with Gears of War 2. I bought it online and it looked like someone tried to clean the disk with steel wool.

As for employees... location, location, location. The town where I do most of my game shopping has three Gamestop stores. One in the mall, one where an old EB Games used to be, and a new one next to a new Wal-Mart. The one in the mall is where I used to go. If I gave you the number for them, I can almost guarantee you'd get a guy named Rob to answer the phone. He's the manager. He's been there ever since the first time I walked into the store and he's probably the coolest guy I've ever met at a Gamestop store.

I mostly spend my shopping hours at the new one now, but my sister and I have also talked with the manager there since the store opened. He wasn't the manager at first, ether.

Some newer employees will push for you to buy stuff quite a bit. But usually if you treat them fairly and don't get too snotty with them, they'll cool off and stop.

As a general rule when it comes to Gamestop, you want to find the people who know what they're talking about and spend a few minutes chatting over a game or two. Just like they should always "get to know their customer" you should always get to know your Gamestop employee. I'm sure most of them are pretty cool people.

Hell, I spent an hour talking about RPGs and the current console generation a few weeks ago when I bought Infinite Undiscovery. Terrible game, BTW. Played it for about 20 minutes and took advantage of their 7 day return policy. :p

ApochWeiss
08-24-2009, 04:07 AM
I just hate being harassed like that when I say I don't want to pre order a game. I also hate how some of their used games are still a lot of money. I'm not going to buy Left 4 Dead used for $50 when I can get it off Amazon new for $50.

Then shut up and buy your stuff from Amazon if you don't like used items being used and overly priced. It's common sense there, man. You don't need a forum full of gamers to tell you this ;)

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Ehh theyre not that bad, stickers are kind of annoying and some of their prices are BS...but whatever I dont buy it then

The guy actually cut me off while I was preordering stuff the other day..and they really havent badgered me...I mean my subscription thing ends this month and they didnt even say anything which is good cause I wasnt going to renew it

shocellist
08-24-2009, 05:10 AM
My Gamestop has a nasty habit of telling people there's only one line. I should upload a picture, but there are four registers, space for two lines, and NOWHERE does it say that there is only one line.
Otherwise my GameStop is pretty good to me. I've started to buy only used games from them because of the Edge discounts and stuff. They have been trying to pressure me to preorder games though, and it does get kinda annoying after the fourth "no, thank you".

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-24-2009, 05:21 AM
i myself work at gamestop, and thats not how we do things. we dont pressure and pester people into doing things. we definitely dont harass people like that, thats a bit overkill if you ask me.

we ask once, and if no, we leave it at that. these guys are just bad salesman.

as for used games, we dont send them off. we only do that to get them cleaned (buffed), otherwise we re-sticker in store and sell it again right there.

antnie
08-24-2009, 05:42 AM
I hate the gamestops near me. I wish I had one gamestop that had cool people working at it or people that actually knew something about games.

FourChan
08-24-2009, 06:03 AM
I never buy from gamestop, too expensive to ship, and they charge taxes to me. I always go the cheapest route, I mean, who'd kick to pay 5.95 for release date delivery of games on Amazon.com? I don't XD

Sizzlebuzz
08-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Sucks for you. Sounds like your GameStop is in the ghetto. Of course, far be it from me to change your complete and total judgment of GameStop based on one ghetto store despite that there are obviously better stores out there.

And your list of games there either tells me you trusted them enough to sell you several games at one time without them inspecting any disc, in which case is their fault.

OR, and pay attention because this is where your list is put to shame.

You bought several games one after another and didn't get it through your head that obviously quality products are not the main selling point of this store and maybe you should start checking used game discs before you take them home, play them, don't finish them due to an error in the disc, and come to a video game forum and whine about it... in which case is your fault.

I don't get uneasy about playing my used, Gamestop games, because so far I have a 100% success rate. Also, I'm in so tight with one of the managers there that he'd probably cut me a deal if I had any problems. Besides, they're mostly easy 1000s so there's honestly not a lot of data for it to access other than what's needed for the 1000.

Of course, 75% of every person on this planet is aware of GameStop's short-comings, meaning 3 out of 4 users on this forum know that. Krazie, Minty, and Webb all know it, but RoutineX doesn't. Creech, jackanape, and razzleson know it, but Shinobi doesn't.

I like how it was just everyone listing things they hated about the gamestop near them until all these people came in and started insulting others. I think this should go ahead and be locked.

I have never bought more than 1 used game at a time. My gamestop is not in a ghetto.

And gamestop is the only place near me that sells used games. It's a 5 minute walk. But since you know everything about my life, maybe you do know what's best for me.

If you like having scratched discs and have fun with them, clearly, you're some type of special super human person. I don't see why you feel as if you must insult others for posting their opinion and experience with said store, just because your pal is a manager and helps you out here and there. That's not really a nice thing to do to other people.

And how would 75% of all people on this planet know about gamestop? Clearly I was implying that number only existed to those who bought used game.

If you wish to continue this, we can do it via PM. If not, then just stop.

If you need to feel superior to get through the day, you have won. I officially give up.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big jackass.

ErmacVersion1
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM
So does anyone else know why Gamestop is doing a midnight release for a PSP game tonight??:confused: