PDA

View Full Version : Finish Single Player.

John Cena NL
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Hello all, i've got a question.
If I finish the single player,do i have to start anew game to get some achievs or can i freeroam or something?
If anyone knows please tell.
thanks.

braedinfalln86
08-21-2009, 08:28 PM
yes it does start a new game with all weapons and powers. DISABLES ACHIEVEMENTS THOUGH. Look at the other threads this has been answered!

John Cena NL
08-21-2009, 08:44 PM
What do you mean with Disables achievments? Do you need to start a new game to get the achievs you didn't get? It sucks.

braedinfalln86
08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes you probley do. If you beat the game on easy. then set the game to uber you wouldnt get the achievement. it would be like cheating.

Tj1zzle
08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Hello all, i've got a question.
If I finish the single player,do i have to start anew game to get some achievs or can i freeroam or something?
If anyone knows please tell.
thanks.

NO DONT LISTEN TO THE ABOVE!!

at any time you can enter your journal and replay a mission.
and upon completion of this mission you go back to free roam
you do not need to start a new game!

GenericNPC
08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes do not listen to post 2 either, what happens is that when you go to re load your game, a message will come up saying you can start a new game with cheats however if you use cheats achievements will be disabled...NOT if you load a game achievements will be disabled

Suki
08-22-2009, 08:14 AM
this post is really confusing due to wrong information at the start, if u fininsh the game on easy u can start a new game on uber and as long as the cheats are disabled ach's will still pop.

Waterboy908
08-22-2009, 09:36 AM
If you finish the game the cheats don't automatically turn on you can start a new campaign and get achievements don't listen to Braedinfalln86 he hasn't even completed the game once, he doesn't know what he's talking about and just causing more confusion. And if you miss collectibles (gold, intel, tomes) you can press the back button on your controller to open up your journal and go to the objectives tab, from there you can highlight any mission you've previously completed and rerun the mission.

Mortiferus
08-22-2009, 10:00 AM
As Waterboy said.You can reload any mission to get collectibles or achievements like Conservationist.
I would like to know, can i get Super Soldier the same way, reloading all missions form my normal difficulty playthrough finishing them on Über, or does it have to be a new save.

Waterboy908
08-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not exactly sure but with games that have layouts similar to Wolfenstein's I'd say you won't be able to get it. You'd have to start another campaign but it's not difficult at all really since you played through it once you know what to do for the boss fights, that's basically all you need.

John Cena NL
08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Ok, after a lot of confusion and riots, i wil complete the game and get the uber achiev. Then i have to start a new game with the cheats of to get intel,gold and tome achievs. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks for your help guys.

Waterboy908
08-22-2009, 03:34 PM
No you don't have to start a new game to get the collectibles. You can just press the back button on your controller and open up your journal and go to the objectives tab, from there you can select previously completed missions and replay them to get the collectibles.

John Cena NL
08-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Ok thanks,thats much better,thanks for all help my friends.

Inked and Pierced
08-23-2009, 03:24 PM
There is no free roam in the game. After you beat it all you can do is load last checkpoint. BUT..... from the last check point you can load up a previous mission in the game.
EXAMPLE: I finished the game without getting two hours in the veil. So i loaded up last checkpoint, pushed select, selected the zepplin level and just sat in the veil until it unlocked. If you looking to get more gold then you can just load up that mission.

:woop: :Bounce:

Tj1zzle
08-23-2009, 04:21 PM
There is no free roam in the game. After you beat it all you can do is load last checkpoint. BUT..... from the last check point you can load up a previous mission in the game.
EXAMPLE: I finished the game without getting two hours in the veil. So i loaded up last checkpoint, pushed select, selected the zepplin level and just sat in the veil until it unlocked. If you looking to get more gold then you can just load up that mission.

:woop: :Bounce:

technically there is free roam in the game you just need to complete a mission to get to it.

SvD.HaZe
08-24-2009, 05:07 AM
k shit im confused.
i just beat it on easy so is there any way to beat the campaign on uber without losing your guns and powers?

John Cena NL
08-24-2009, 04:59 PM
If i read correctly:
-after completion you can load a mission to get all gold,intel and tome.
-You keep all your stuff.
-you can get 2 hour in veil achiev.
But i haven't got the mission paranormal base so not the slumming achiev,anyone got an idea how i can get this mission?

Thanx.

Ryot Control
08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
When you beat the game, the game just ends and there is no free roaming after you beat it. The last chance you have to get all collectibles and optional quests is BEFORE going to the airfield.

You can collect all tomes before the airfield, all gold before the end of east airfield and all intel by the end of zeppelin.

When you beat the game, you get the option to start a new game with cheats enabled if you want it. You can have all upgrades and abilities, free money and Enemies with pumpkins for heads (for easy headshots) But it disables achievements.

John Cena NL
08-24-2009, 06:34 PM
So basicly i have to start a new game without the cheats and do it all again. Atleast i can do it on easy.

newportdadde
08-24-2009, 07:39 PM
There seems to be some mixed messages here and other forums, so I just want to clarify for myself.

If I am playing on normal and I beat the game I can load my last check point and then use the journal to select a mission that I need to collect items?

If I need to go back to the hub world for a missing item and I have beaten the game I would load the last checkpoint and then select a mission and then finish that mission resulting in my return to the hub world?

Am I on the right track?

John Cena NL
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I think you have to get all gold etc. before going to airfield mission. I'm now batteling Hans at uber diff,so i will find out eventually. I hope i cango to load previous missions

demi
08-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Hi, since EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD is wrong. I will clarify.

I have just beat it on Uber mode. From there, I loaded my last checkpoint up, then went into the Journal and selected ABORT MISSION. This booted me back to Downtown. Now I can travel around and collect any items I missed (which I did because I wanted to beat it first). If I want to go beat the game again, I can simply go back to the Journal and select REVISIT MISSION. But since there's nothing in the "Black Sun" level, this isnt a problem. And yes I can still get optional quests because I see on my map a green question mark. Unless theres any "missable" quests then I havent seen any posted on this forum.

I hope THIS helps.

xOverLorDx
08-25-2009, 08:07 AM
can i play my first playtrough on easy and collect all things and stuff. can i play on the same difficulty or normal too get blitzkreig on my second run

bLaKgRaVy
08-25-2009, 02:59 PM
can i play my first playtrough on easy and collect all things and stuff. can i play on the same difficulty or normal too get blitzkreig on my second run

You can play the game however you like. If you want to take 25 hours on your first run and try to get all the collectibles, do it! I'm currently at like 4 1/2 hours and I'm 35% done with the game. I'm going to use this run to get everything and then use a second run on Uber to get the Blitzkrieg and possibly the Single Quarter achievements. It'd be best to use your second (or third or fourth!) run on Uber since the difficulties stack, so if you beat it on Uber, you unlock all the lower difficulty achievements.

Welcome to the forums, too!

John Cena NL
08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Demi is right everyone. I also go into "freemode", but Demi you talk about a green ? mark. I missed the paranormal base mission but no green ? mark is showing. Can you explain. Thanx.

demi
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Go to Midtown and check your map, there should be a Green ? - you might have to finish a previous side-mission first for it to unlock. I unlocked both Slumming and Man about Town after beating the game just fine.

Ryot Control
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Demi is right everyone. I also go into "freemode", but Demi you talk about a green ? mark. I missed the paranormal base mission but no green ? mark is showing. Can you explain. Thanx.

Check your active quests page.

John Cena NL
08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok will go there and start from the begining since i have to get all gold and stuff.
Will watch for the green ?.