PDA

View Full Version : Game boredom.

Tartan Martin
08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
When game boredom strikes how do you get around it to actually continue to play the game? Sometimes, I find that going back to a game really doesn't appeal even if its a damn easy or slightly hard one such as Wolverine and Halo 3/GoW 1 + 2.

Has anyone else found this or is it just me... :(

PHIL 421
08-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I go out and rent a new game or just play other ones for awhile until I get bored of them.

Daiphyer.
08-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I fell sleep while playing MX vs ATV Untamed. (That's true!)

bobocum
08-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Stop playing Avatar The Last Airbender :p

Yunder
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Continuously playing Dynasty Warriors 6, trying to max out everyone is a little bit boring.

And playing Dead Rising again going for 53,000 zombie kills for the Mega Man Buster is a bit boring as well.

ferrari360max
08-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Sell it usually or play something else.

Revolver
08-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I got bored of playing Fable II right after finding the first guard since I'm pretty sure finding the remaining 2 will be the same exact procedure so it's not worth going back to it.
Right now I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty so as to get my mind on other games before I go back to Fable II. ;)

SaintKnight
08-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Usually I set that game aside for a few weeks/months and then I will randomly get the urge to play it again. That's what happened to Left 4 Dead. I stopped shortly after Survival Mode came out and recent got back into it and I am having more fun than ever in it.

Tussell
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
I personally can't get over game boredom at the moment. I've been burnt out of games since I stopped playing Gears of War 2. I can hardly even casually game. I just got back from renting Killzone 2 for the PS3. I'm trying really hard to get back into gaming, unfortunately it's just now working.

UnwiseZebra
08-22-2009, 02:53 AM
I tend to hop from game to game very often, but if I'm truly bored in a game, and start playing a game much better, I'll likely never even go back to the first one, unless it's a really amazing game, not just easy.

Dead Rising was a game I tried to start like 4 times but couldn't get into it, besides just killing random zombies. A year later I put it in and played nothing but it for like 3 days straight, and loved it. I've gotta be in the mood for certain games I suppose, and the only thing that helps it is time.

Eventually I'll borrow my brothers Fallout 3 and play it further than just leaving the vault as well, but I just can't get into it now. He owns all the dlc and has the full 1550 or whatever and is just obsessed with that game, but even watching him I just know I can't get into it...yet. Some day I will play it and likely love it.

kornfan2007
08-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I started reading when I got bored of gaming. Really helped as a nice come down off gaming and now Im mixing between the two.

Tartan Martin
08-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys, so its not just me then!! lol

To give you some idea of how bored I can get I bought Mass Effect a few weeks back and got as far as the screen for entering your details for the game, got bored of the game and traded it in, total time played 1 min - approx 1 minute less than Avatar Last A Bender!!!

kentarulez
08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I just play some music, and a song might make me wanna go on a certain game, or I'll see what other people are playing and do that, OR 3rd option is just set things up for a time based achievement.

Zorlance
08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys, so its not just me then!! lol

To give you some idea of how bored I can get I bought Mass Effect a few weeks back and got as far as the screen for entering your details for the game, got bored of the game and traded it in, total time played 1 min - approx 1 minute less than Avatar Last A Bender!!!

You have problems.

Vendetta
08-23-2009, 12:42 AM
I used to go make a new acct to crap on bad kids in Halo 3, still kind of do that though :) .

Now I just unwind by messing around in L4D then when I am like eh bored of this I pop in something else and it works like a charm. I also bore myself to play something by messing around in any GTA game by using a code for a tank and killing everything that moves :D

jamieCR7
08-23-2009, 12:45 AM
I find that when I have played every single one of the games I have at that current time, that I end up sitting on the dashboard for about 2 hours until I finally play something. I end up playing a game that I haven't completed to try and get the gamerscore up a little.

At the minute I am in a little lul, and I don't really feel like playing many games. I only really go on to talk to my friends and grind towards "Big Money", a TW PGA Tour 10 achievement for those not in the know.

KNUCKS x360a
08-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah a Game rental service does wonders for Boredom, & your Gamerscore!
You can always keep a fresh game on the side for rainy days too.

Although rentals can occasionally get boring too... - Right now I have Wanted:WoF on rental, sitting in the cupboard because I'd rather play a new game of Oblivion on a fresh account, than get another 1000 on this one!.. :confused:

Jethrow
08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
i tend to play a sport game to help with this, hockey - nhl 09 used to be the cure. Now i play some ufc, but really, it sucks. I'm in this right now. over 50 games and i sit there sometimes looking at them all, and i can't decide what to play. Pretty sad huh? I go to the rental place or retailer looking for something new, and my wife comes up to me, hurry the fuck up lets go, and i end up leaving empty handed cause i just couldn't decide on anything. Of course, if my machine rrod'd, i'd be freaking. I'm on my 3rd week or so of this, nothing interests me for some reason. Need cod6 to come out bad.