PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Update Frequency

The Pants Party
01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Before anyone jumps down my throat, I did indeed search, but could not find any answer to this question:

How often does the leaderboard get updated? My gamerscore has been the same for about four or five days, but my score has actually gone up every day since then.

Thanks in advance!

Zef
01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
The one on this website? It should update every hour or so (that is what the official website does anyway).

You will need your privacy settings changed so that you allow everyone to see your game history, that may be the problem.

Wet Factory
01-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Ive noticed this myself. My score in games has not been updated over the past couple of days even though its in my last 16 games and ive played them online. Its still show me with 20 in lost planet and my rainbow score is incorrect.

First thought was that it doesnt update regularly and i was going to post about it in another week, but seeing how zef said it should be hourly Im starting to wonder.

Not saying its the website it may be a problem with xbox but could an admin or somebody else with some comp know how check into it. .

The Pants Party
01-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I have all my preference on xboxlive.com set to "everyone" (and always have), but the leaderboards on this site have not changed in a few days. And it does not appear to be just my score, nobody's score has updated, from what I can tell.

If you go to the leaderboards and click on someone's name, the next screen will show their xboxlive.com card right next to the total that this site has for them... the xboxlive card is almost always a bigger number.

Zef
01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Mine hasn't updated since the score I had on Thursday, but it will always be a day behind me because of my timezone.

The leaderboards here may update daily then rather than every hour. Either way it should sort itself out soon enough, so wait a bit longer and think happy thoughts. If not then Houston may have a problem.

RoutineX
01-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Sorry for the late reply.. I've gone through the lederboard script, and found a flaw that didnt update the 25 latest people on the list. I don't think that was your case here.

I tried to update it manually once more, can you please confirm if it's working or not now? I took a quick glance and referenced to your gamercards and I can't see any errors...

x dArK cHrIs x
01-26-2007, 11:05 PM
yo

are these the things on the main page, not the forums?

like when you click retail games>need for speed carbon> high scores ...

how do i appear on them?

Zef
01-26-2007, 11:33 PM
You need to sign up in the gamerscore leaders forum. On the main forum page scroll down and it will be there. Look for the sign-up thread and sign up there.

The leaderboards are here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/leaderboards/leaderboards.php

The Pants Party
01-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks Routine, it's squared now. Earlier my score was 8350 or something (which it has been for 4-5 days), but after you updated it, it went to the real score of 8880.

TheColdWolf
01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
The one on this website? It should update every hour or so (that is what the official website does anyway).

You will need your privacy settings changed so that you allow everyone to see your game history, that may be the problem.

Were's the one for this webiste?

Webb
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Frontpage under Leaderboard ;)

TheColdWolf
02-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Frontpage under Leaderboard ;)

Thanks for the info.

F089H
03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Zef answered my ?.Thanks

StylinLancer
03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
How does someone make it on the leaderboard? I can never find myself.

Kaens
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
How does someone make it on the leaderboard? I can never find myself.
Forum Leaderboard Signup (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7005)

ThrillKillBill
05-26-2007, 07:57 AM
first off, i'm sorry for bumping this old post but it was the closest to the question i was wondering. which was how often does this sites leaderboard update? i've noticed on the leaderboards lower end there isn't ever any change. did they quit playing? during my search for this answer i came across a thread about a problem in the updating script...... was/is this fixed? i know i'm not on the leaderboard yet but i plan to be and i compare my score against it but like i said i never see any movement on the lower end which is fueling my curiousity.

hoping for a reply from RoutineX himself but i suppose i'd believe webb/minty and maybe even eTron =-)

WildManWiles01
06-10-2007, 02:49 PM
first off, i'm sorry for bumping this old post but it was the closest to the question i was wondering. which was how often does this sites leaderboard update? i've noticed on the leaderboards lower end there isn't ever any change. did they quit playing? during my search for this answer i came across a thread about a problem in the updating script...... was/is this fixed? i know i'm not on the leaderboard yet but i plan to be and i compare my score against it but like i said i never see any movement on the lower end which is fueling my curiousity.

hoping for a reply from RoutineX himself but i suppose i'd believe webb/minty and maybe even eTron =-)

I too had the same question and my search came here.

I am actually still on the signup sheet waiting to be put on, so my question is more geared towards getting on the actual leaderboards then it is updating my score, but its all the same.

Thanks ahead of time

xJoex
06-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Patience is the key...

Minty and Webby will get round to updating the leaderboard... you have to understand that this isn't their full-time job!;)

xIIZombieIIx
06-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I too had the same question and my search came here.

I am actually still on the signup sheet waiting to be put on, so my question is more geared towards getting on the actual leaderboards then it is updating my score, but its all the same.

Thanks ahead of time

I'm with wildman... I started searching through this thread to find that answer... how often are the new gamertags added to the board after you sign up on the thread?

ThrillKillBill
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
i was under the impression that it auto-updated...... ????

xJoex
06-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Minty and Webby add tags to the leaderboard manually when you sign-up, then the Gamerscore is supposed to update automatically...

The reason some tags haven't been added is that the sign-up thread hasn't been looked at recently...

xIIZombieIIx
06-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Minty and Webby add tags to the leaderboard manually when you sign-up, then the Gamerscore is supposed to update automatically...

The reason some tags haven't been added is that the sign-up thread hasn't been looked at recently...

I was aware that this was a manual add. I was just curious if they had a certain time of month that they tried to update or if it was just when they got around to it... either way it's not a big deal. I was just curious and patience is no problem.

xJoex
06-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure if they have a time every month which they update... But I am sure they will get round to it sooner or later;)