PDA

View Full Version : BioWare: Mass Effect 2 will run at 30FPS, no weird pauses in the game

Daiphyer.
08-22-2009, 01:02 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/2czpj5s.jpg

BioWare’s Jesse Houston has told VG247 that Mass Effect 2 will run at a solid 30FPS.
He also told us that any weird pauses you might have received during the first Mass Effect are now all gone.
“If you look at most good shooters, they lock down frame-rate at 30FPS: we’ve done the same thing. Bam. Everything’s 30FPS, streaming is fixed up,” said the associate producer for the game.
“If you remember in Mass 1, if you took a step backwards and you hit a weird stream and it’d pause for a moment. We’ve done a away with that. What you’re seeing here is pulled straight from the game.”
It’s out next year for 360 and PC

Source: VG247

Question: Why won't they just increase it to 60FPS ? Most of the titles are running at 60FPS.

VladimirK
08-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Nice find.
I know what they mean by the pauses, could get quite annoying after a while.

neok182
08-22-2009, 02:49 AM
i'll be getting it for the PC personally so i'll be looking forward to a nice 45-60FPS but i'm just glad the damn waiting/pausing is gone. HATED the waiting times in the elevators. for the 360 it made sense, has to load from a disk, but when it's installed on a hard drive that made no sence to me. really glad thats getting patched up

Gorilla Stomper
08-22-2009, 03:43 AM
This is good, now it won't jitter in the middle of a firefight

"BRAAAAA........................AAAAAPPPPP"
"Oh hai, ya sorry you missed yr target"

Sizzlebuzz
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM
My first one had no wierd pauses. But maybe it was just such a great game I never noticed :).

IncensedCape
08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
If IW can get MW2 running at a constant 60fps, then Bioware should be able to do the same with ME2.

neok182
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
If IW can get MW2 running at a constant 60fps, then Bioware should be able to do the same with ME2.

we still havn't seen a lot of the game, there could be lots of lighting effects or weapon effects that slow down the FPS so they capped it at 30.

Modern Warfare dosn't have any crazy sci-fi lighting or weapon effects that cause all kinda of crazy effects so they can get a bit higher FPS.

RadiantViper
08-23-2009, 07:13 AM
When I played it didn't have a lot of wierd pauses, it had more problems with textures not appearing and instead the ugly basic textures appeared. Mostly when I was talking to people, but sometimes when I was just walking around. It was really annoying.

VladimirK
08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
When I played it didn't have a lot of wierd pauses, it had more problems with textures not appearing and instead the ugly basic textures appeared. Mostly when I was talking to people, but sometimes when I was just walking around. It was really annoying.

I got that aswell.
Made the walls/characters just look smooth and grey all over.

KillTheft_Echo
08-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank goodness. I'm just getting into this game, and thats driving me crazy. Along with the insane amount of loading screens...