PDA

View Full Version : Oh My F***King God!!!!

oVo Pandora oVo
01-27-2007, 02:44 AM
In the 5 plus years of playing Xbox Live being harrassed relentlessly by horny dudes, being called every name in the book and then some, and all the other trash talk guys can do. And Because boys will be boys and I don't let that shit get to me so I do nothing about that. And what is my reward for LOSERS ( edited my swearing )WHO CAN'T TAKE NO FOR A ANSWER I have been suspended from Xbox Live for doing absolutely NOTHING, I haven't even played with a single person in 2 days other than Killer. I swear they just pissed off the wrong chick that people can abuse the feed back system and when I am trying to help our team win Season 2 league I can't even get any multiplayer points until the 28th if they even deem me worthy enough to allow me to come back on. This system is completely fucked up and I am very pissed at the moment. They don't even ban cheaters yet they will quickly ban an innocent. Xbox just lost some major points with me.

Legend Dairy
01-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Sorry to hear that, and I find it strange that you have 4.5 stars and you got banned (so its not like you got flooded with negative feedback), talk about a flawed system :confused:.

DaKing240
01-27-2007, 03:01 AM
I am so sorry... of all people do get suspended, you would be the last person I would imagine getting that treatment.

I N64 I MaRiO
01-27-2007, 03:13 AM
these people on xbl are sofaking we todd edd...
damn that sucks though.. im sorry...
this isnt the time or the place but have you ever had someone say this to you " im kinda like uncle sam I WANT YOU"? but damn F WORD TO MICROSOFT!!! oh damn i was going to say something to cheer you up but dammit i forgot sorry....:(
oh yea, i'm about to lose a star for apparently kicking major ass in saints row. lots of wee children playing that game....

i got banned from city of villians 2 years ago for having a name MOM RAPER uhm... first thing was i was trying to make a villianous name.... and that was damn sure villionaous.

Krazie
01-27-2007, 03:32 AM
I love you and agree you with you 100%, but watch the swearing a bit ;)

oVo Pandora oVo
01-27-2007, 03:47 AM
I love you and agree you with you 100%, but watch the swearing a bit ;)

I Know but I am not swearing at a particular person lol More of a ranting swear I am very ticked and I will find out who did this to me, I know who to go to for that information and I will get it. Just have to wait until Monday so does me no good now to even try and get it lifted just royally sucks.

Krazie
01-27-2007, 03:59 AM
I Know but I am not swearing at a particular person lol More of a ranting swear I am very ticked and I will find out who did this to me, I know who to go to for that information and I will get it. Just have to wait until Monday so does me no good now to even try and get it lifted just royally sucks.

I hope everything works out. You of all people shouldnt get banned from XBL,that's messed up..

JackWhacker
01-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Well, I'm sorry that it happened to you, and I'm sorry us guys are Aholes... but we're really kindhearted... I promise...

Trevelyan
01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Eh? I know lots of guys who aren't Aholes and i've known worse girls.

Anyway - OP - can you not call them to ask "xcuse me but wtf"? There is a reason you were banned, and I don't think it would be for nothing. Whether or not its justified is another thing though!

Maka
01-27-2007, 04:10 AM
There was an interesting article in OXM this month. They tried to figure out the feedback system, as well as tried to get banned. Over 7 days, the dude went online 4 of the days. Did everything he could to get people pissed at him. Played Uno (You know what I Mean), Sent harasing Messages (With Pictures) swore a lot, made racial Comments and quit games along with getting in fights with everyone he played with. He played bad the first two days. And waited a couple of days to come back and check. He wasnt bad. Did it agian, Nothing, Once more and nothing. He came to the conculsion that the system is grabage. He has less than Half a Star, with 95% of People avoiding him. He wasnt banned.

The concluding sentence was somethng along the lines of: "I cant even Imagine what the people who actually get banned Do!"

Anyways, Thought Id share that, but it does suck that people abuse the system and get innocent people in trouble, just because of their sex.

TheMollywhopper
01-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I read that too and was shocked. I got (literally) randomly banned for 2 weeks back at the beginning of '05. I called Microsoft and they told me there was no reason posted for my banning, just that I was banned! They hooked me back up the same evening... Might be worth a shot to give them a call, as they at least have to tell you why you were banned.

CovertDog
01-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Sorry to hear what happened to you Pandora. The more I play online, more respect I loss for alot of the gaming community. I believe the hole "Rep" and "Complaint" system sucks. For instance, say you happen to do something to one guy. It could be something as simple as beating him at a game. Well this guy is a complete ass and decides to get revenage. All he has to do is file a complaint. Well one complaint won't do it, so he tells his friends to send you a friends request or a simple message asking a question. If you except the FR or reply to the messages, they have you. You could have complaints piling up and won't be any the wiser. Thats why I always avoid silver account FR's or even gold accounts that have a small GS, but has been active for awhile. They are most likely someones second account.

oVo Pandora oVo
01-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Oh I called them the minute on got booted off xbox live after getting the run around I finally was told Bungie does all the monitoring for xbox live and I had to take it up with them since they were the only ones who could lift it or even tell me how I got it. I have to email them since they of course had no number for bungie (BS) and there office is closed until Monday so I have to email them to say WTF lol I will find out who did this, I will not let this go since I did nothing wrong to begin with and its the principle of the whole thing that I will not just let it go. Like the person I talked to said "well be glad its just 2 days" Please I told her if she got punished for doing nothing wrong she would be upset to. Be glad!!! Yeah I am so glad I was wrongfully punished for 2 days Yippee lol

TheMollywhopper
01-27-2007, 05:01 AM
That's utter horseshit. I would call back, do whatever I had to do to get a supervisor on the phone and ask them why someone beneath them would ever get the idea that Bungie has anything whatsoever to do with non-Halo-related bans (unless you were playing Halo during this fiasco), and more importantly why they are in charge of lifting the bans?! Even if Bungie wanted to drop thier "banhammer" I believe they go through the Live people to do that, and it's certainly the Live people or one of their automated systems that let you back online... I would be going nuts, seriously.

oVo Pandora oVo
01-27-2007, 05:09 AM
That's utter horseshit. I would call back, do whatever I had to do to get a supervisor on the phone and ask them why someone beneath them would ever get the idea that Bungie has anything whatsoever to do with non-Halo-related bans (unless you were playing Halo during this fiasco), and more importantly why they are in charge of lifting the bans?! Even if Bungie wanted to drop thier "banhammer" I believe they go through the Live people to do that, and it's certainly the Live people or one of their automated systems that let you back online... I would be going nuts, seriously.

I haven't played Halo for over a year I even asked her why would Bungie have anything to do with Xbox live she just said that was what Bungie Does they monitor xbox live and because I got banned after 6:00 pm PST none of her surpervisors were there and won't be until Monday I don't know if it's because I am a chick or just not very well informed with all of MS stuff and xbox live stuff that perhaps they just gave me the run around since I only had a 2 day ban. If that is the case and I was deliberately lied to by one of their representatives and Bungie has nothing to do with xbox live monitoring I will be even more pissed then I already am.

TheMollywhopper
01-27-2007, 05:29 AM
I doubt she was ever told to tell you that by anyone. It's more likely that she's a run-of-the-mill lazy scallywag who doesn't want to go through the trouble of pulling her head up over the wall of her cubicle to signal for her supervisor, and she's picked up on just enough tricks to figure out how to get "problem" customers off the phone in a hurry. There is always something that can be done to undo a mistake, and if they made one in banning you, you have a right to know. If they claim to have valid reason (which I'm not sure if she even attempted to do) that's another story, but they still need to give you that reason. There is 0% chance Bungie has anything to do with this. That's not insider knowledge nor is it speculation. It's just not the way things are. If they do claim to have a reason, and they DO have to leave you offline until Monday, call back on Monday once you have a weekend full of non-fragging to add fuel to your fire. I'm sure you'll get your point across then :)

Kid Pyrrhic
01-27-2007, 05:40 AM
The Bungie story sounds like a runaround. I'm just venturing a guess, but when the CSR realized you were calling about a banning, she probably wanted you off the phone.

When my console broke, I was extremely pleasant on the phone. No problems what so ever. When I called several days later to query my tracking number (in a firmer tone), I was put on hold for several minutes then told the information and told to have a nice day. None of the "Is there anything we can do?" Just the phone clicking.

michaelrossi
01-27-2007, 05:50 AM
When I was playing Gears of War to get the online achievements somehow 75% of players avoided me and left me negative feedback. I didn't even do anything as I didn't have the headset in, and I didn't quit any games because that would've just made getting the achievements harder. My experience with Microsoft has also been somewhat unpleasant as well. I once called to get my Hexic HD game back after deleting it, and spoke to a guy who asked "Do you really play that game anyways?" I thought that was pretty rude of some guy working for Microsoft to say, especially since it was their fault for not having it to download in the Xbox Live Marketplace. I guess all these big corporations just suck.

Peace.

Tyger7
01-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Bungie is within the corporate Microsoft structure. They are the leaders and Microsoft based a lot of the system on what they created. Bungie doesn't have a number because they would get too many calls from too many people. That really does suck about the people. Though, you can tell when someone will be nice or not. Just avoid the ones that you don't get a good feeling about. Maybe turn your mic off? They only give you recognition cause you're a girl. I was playing Halo 2 today, and we were losing by 14 points. Suddenly one of the guys on the other team was asking a player if they were a girl. Suddenly the tides turned and we ended up winning from that destraction. Turns out it was just a little boy! HA! I must say though, kids do have it worse than girls. I've heard some pretty mean stuff. And what's all this talk about uno? disable cam. Who wants to see other people sitting there playing video games? it blocks the cool uno displays. ANyways pandora this doesn't seem to happen often to you. you will just get more frusterated the more you call.

Secondly, the guy who did that "test" might have been in the Underground settings. Pandora might have been in like Family or Pro or something. That will have an effect on the system.

Tyger7
01-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I once called to get my Hexic HD game back after deleting it, and spoke to a guy who asked "Do you really play that game anyways?"

Peace.[/quote]

HAHAHA i love that. he said that cause he doesn't do customer support for the nintendo wii. welcome to hardcore gaming.

oVo Pandora oVo
01-31-2007, 02:04 AM
So after spending 2 hours on the phone with Xbox Live this is what I have learned they are all full of shit and are clueless to the ins and outs of xbox as a whole. Basically if you have been banned because losers abuse the feed back system well then there is nothing you can do. They won't tell you how much feed back you got or who gave you the feedback. And to top off my hours of listening to BS I lost all my stars. I tell you I seriously want to say screw getting online points it is just pointless If I am going to continue to lose all my stars or get banned for weeks, or months, now because it is now on my my profile. Then what is the whole point. Especially now that my gamerscore is higher just puts a bigger target on my head I should change my gamertag back to a more sexual name never got bad feedback then lol Just constantly harrassed. I am just fed up with this BS. It is not fun to say the least maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. If I deserved to be banned or hell even given bad feedback for a good reason then I would take my punishment and have to deal with it. But to be screwed over on a continous basis just really ticks me off. Nice People always get fucked over and the assholes get rewarded. I had to vent after listening to idiots for 2 hrs.

I N64 I MaRiO
01-31-2007, 02:21 AM
that's terrieble... why is customer support always ddummmb as helll.. i remember i was trying to recover a gt from my xbox to my xbox360 and they said it was impossible:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
yea, its impossible my ass...

but pandora you're still banned? wow...for getting feedbacked? damn, i wish there was a rule over live where you couldnt send badfeedback if you're playing a rated m game...( were you playing a rated m game last time you got on? because people who leave bad feedback over a rated m game... now thats just low.:mad:.)
..... and i liked your old sexual name...pretty hot..:) and i like those oVo's they are pretty awsome..

oVo Pandora oVo
01-31-2007, 02:27 AM
that's terrieble... why is customer support always ddummmb as helll.. i remember i was trying to recover a gt from my xbox to my xbox360 and they said it was impossible:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
yea, its impossible my ass...

but pandora you're still banned? wow...for getting feedbacked? damn, i wish there was a rule over live where you couldnt send badfeedback if you're playing a rated m game...( were you playing a rated m game last time you got on? because people who leave bad feedback over a rated m game... now thats just low.:mad:.)
..... and i liked your old sexual name...pretty hot..:) and i like those oVo's they are pretty awsome..

no I am not banned anymore I called to find out how I got banned and to see if there was anything they can do to lift it off my record. While talking to them I lost all my stars and called them back to find out why I lost all my stars and Just got fed one BS answer after another and to get any online achievements for the most part you have to play ranked games. It's just pointless I am fed up with xbox live and being treated like crap and not being given any kind of answer that makes any sense at all.

highpass
01-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Bloody hell that's pathetic. Only last night me and a friend were talking about exactly the same thing; he has 73% avoidance and still has 5 stars, yet if i get so much as 2 sore losers on my case i'll lose half of one. Maka's post about the OXM tests proves this system is bent beyond belief *shakes fists at the heavens*.

It's a shame you lost all your stars, maybe everyone that reads this post can try to balance it out a bit by giving you positive feedback if they haven't already. It doesn't give you your two days back but at least you'll have the rating you deserve again.

Kaens
01-31-2007, 03:52 PM
I wished you'd go back to cursing more.. that's hot!

EL_A550_WIPEO
01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I've been pissed about this same kind of stuff for a while. Before the 360 came out I played halo 2. I never played online unless I was with a friend and I didn't talk to anybody except my friend.(I'm still that way) So one day a friend of mine came over to my house and we played team training for a while. That's all we played and since he was over i didnt use my mic because he was right next to me. So the next morning I wake up and sign on only to get a message that say's "You have been permanently banned from halo 2 matchmaking". WTF how does this happen. It doesn't make any sense. Do people got so mad that they lost an unranked game that they want to ban someone. I definitely agree with everyone THIS IS BULLSHIT!

RadicalSniper99
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
It's a shame you lost all your stars, maybe everyone that reads this post can try to balance it out a bit by giving you positive feedback if they haven't already. It doesn't give you your two days back but at least you'll have the rating you deserve again.

It's a shame that happened, and I agree with highpass. If you want, a bunch of us could send you positive feedback. Nobody deserves this crap coming out of the community. I'm used to having bad games, but I have never called someone a cheater or given bad feedback for no reason. In Chromehounds, I actually met people who said they just give positive feedback to counteract all the idiots who are sore losers.

wackysplash
02-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I once called to get my Hexic HD game back after deleting it, and spoke to a guy who asked "Do you really play that game anyways?"

Peace.

HAHAHA i love that. he said that cause he doesn't do customer support for the nintendo wii. welcome to hardcore gaming.[/quote]
that is awesome!

Spot2009
02-02-2007, 06:55 AM
That's why you don't go into the Underground zone! Just kidding; I don't even know if those affect who you play w/ or not.

Anyways, that sucks. I've never encountered someone like that before, thankfully. All I can say is that you were screwed over and it's unfair.

nny138
02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
that does suck and is infuriatingly unfair of them to ban you without just cause, but thats how it works. all they have to run on is the reports of others about bad gamers, theres really not much human monitoring, so if it was your word against 1000 (which i really doubt all guys you play with treat you like garbage) youre gonna get screwed.

rep means nothing in reality just like gamer points so its not really worth letting it ruin your day. granted, you lost 2 days of live- but somehow life goes on.

CovertDog
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
The point is she feels wronged and I myself would be just as upset. It's like getting a ticket for doing something you didn't do. You could just pay it and be done with it or go to court and fight it. Now by your response I'am guessing you would just pay it because "your going to get screwed" and "life goes on", but me I would fight it. I may lose and wasted a day in court, but at least I could say I fought.

oVo Pandora oVo
02-02-2007, 10:13 PM
that does suck and is infuriatingly unfair of them to ban you without just cause, but thats how it works. all they have to run on is the reports of others about bad gamers, theres really not much human monitoring, so if it was your word against 1000 (which i really doubt all guys you play with treat you like garbage) youre gonna get screwed.

rep means nothing in reality just like gamer points so its not really worth letting it ruin your day. granted, you lost 2 days of live- but somehow life goes on.

The point I am making is, when you get banned it stays on your permanent record, if you keep getting bad feedback for no good reason that will pile up and then you get banned again for longer then longer until your xbox console is totally banned from xbox live. My point is to do nothing wrong which I didn't and for people to abuse the system can adversely affect your whole gaming experience. I don't even want to play online anymore for fear of getting bad feedback for whatever reason. If I had done anything to deserve being banned I would have taken my punishment and moved on. But it is like a tarnish to your good name, anyone can see I have no stars read I was banned and assume I must be this Bitch from hell and not want to play with me or worse just give me bad feedback for the hell of it. While the real not so nice people who cheat, and are just all around mean spirited people who abuse the system go unpunished. You're right the system is fucked up but I will never sit back and let a system screw me over without trying to fight it first. Now that I know xbox live will do nothing to help out innocent victims of banning. Just makes me more hesitant to play online matches and that has affected my gaming experience.

Zef
02-02-2007, 11:37 PM
An even more screwed up point is that Microsoft will probably do nothing. It's too much effort for them to fix it so they will simply say that there is nothing they can do for you, deal with it. And that just plain sucks eggs.

This definately would make a good update, some decent way to leave people feedback with no way for it to be abused. Maybe you cannot leave people feedback at all unless you play against them. Having them on your friends list wouldn't count, so you can't just send an invite, drop some bad feedback, then high tail it back to Berlin.

Good luck in your quest for revenge Pandora, if everyone pitches in you will be back to 5 star glory in no time.

Kaens
02-03-2007, 07:12 AM
I wished you'd go back to cursing more.. that's hot!
Okay, sorry that wasn't funny Pandora, I tried to make you laugh. Anyhow as an apology I'll tell you how to get your stars back in no time at all. See having someone not leave you negative feedback is also a positive, smaller of course than actual positive feedback, but still positive. Play Test Drive and/or Saint's Row a few times. Both of those games will almost instantly fill up your recently played list with people whom are not going to leave you any feedback.

But as someone pointed out, the stars don't mean anything and there is no use for them other than match making. And since you rarely play with strangers it's not really an issue. I took a big hit on my star ratings when I created my gamesaverless leaderboard and now it's maxed again and I've played neither of those games. Don't sweat it.

oVo Pandora oVo
02-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, sorry that wasn't funny Pandora, I tried to make you laugh. Anyhow as an apology I'll tell you how to get your stars back in no time at all. See having someone not leave you negative feedback is also a positive, smaller of course than actual positive feedback, but still positive. Play Test Drive and/or Saint's Row a few times. Both of those games will almost instantly fill up your recently played list with people whom are not going to leave you any feedback.

But as someone pointed out, the stars don't mean anything and there is no use for them other than match making. And since you rarely play with strangers it's not really an issue. I took a big hit on my star ratings when I created my gamesaverless leaderboard and now it's maxed again and I've played neither of those games. Don't sweat it.

It did make me laugh I was going to post a reply swearing left and right lol but then someone would say well see she swears alot and deserves it lol One of my friends suggested I put my picture up then no one would leave me bad feedback, lol But I want to try and get the online points for GOW and COD3 and now it makes me nervous. I know what kind of player I am and the kind of person I am, but your stars is kind of a reflection of the person you are online to a degree. People see no stars and think I must be ass. I am getting over it, there is nothing I can do anyways about it. Unless I change my name and put my picture up lol

invincible rob
02-03-2007, 06:05 PM
You should write microsoft a very formal letter of complaint then Add some cursive words to it, then add more cursive words to it.
If you're nervous when looking for matches I'm damn sure theres plenty people who know you're cool.

Webb
02-03-2007, 06:12 PM
If it makes you feel any better Pandora, I personally and I bet a lot of people don't even look at the stars when in a lobby.

J Lo
03-17-2007, 05:19 AM
ok so me and smokez are trying to boost for seriously... so we got 8 ppl set up so we can do it and some1 joins that we dont want...we kindly ask him to leave...he decides to be an asshole and stay in the party...we keep telling him to leave and say we are going to leave feedback if he doesnt leave...so he left...about 10 minutes ago i checked smokez and my rep and we were at 1 1/2 stars and 1 1/4 stars...ppl take this game wayyyyy to seriously OVER TELLING THE GUY TO F%#%ING LEAVE!!

Pez
03-17-2007, 06:23 AM
If it makes you feel any better Pandora, I personally and I bet a lot of people don't even look at the stars when in a lobby.

You speak for most of us on these forums when you say that. me included. GamerScore catches my eye first, then the GamerPic and that's it. I ignore the player rating.

That's not the point though, you got unfairly punished for something you didn't do off some sadistic scally with nothing better to do.

You knocked on Microsoft's door with this, they answered and slammed it shut in your face. We PAY them for this, we atleast deserve some respect, instead of being treated like the shit on their shoe. They wouldn't be too happy if everyone stopped paying would they? Big Bill would soon be out of business. Wouldn't even be able to afford those tissues to dry his eyes.

Yeah, maybe Bungie are related to Microsoft, but I HIGHLY doubt they handle the Xbox Live Banning system! They're a fucking game developing studio, not Xbox Live administrators...

If I was you, I wouldn't give up AT ALL until they provide you with the information you deserve. Keep bothering them until they either give you information on the ban or lift it.

Some people may think we're pathetic. "Only 2 days" they will say. That's not the point. The point is she was punished for something she didn't do. For nothing. Possibly sexism off other gamers? Who knows...

Let's just hope you eventually get some answers. The justice you deserve.

~SS

Jade Falcon
03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Pandora you've got my sympathy, believe me, I've played Battlefield 2 on the PC and I know what a bunch of pillocks some people can be online. The rep system seems to be screwed up majorly.

zOwnerofallz
03-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Xbl is really messed up sometimes

The other day I was playing GRAW 2 against some asshole little kid to kept shooting me or at me even those I was on his team, so I did the negative review of him, and of course, that makes is rep go up half a star

Jade Falcon
03-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Xbl is really messed up sometimes

The other day I was playing GRAW 2 against some asshole little kid to kept shooting me or at me even those I was on his team, so I did the negative review of him, and of course, that makes is rep go up half a star

Team killers, the bane of FPS games everywhere...

Maybe he got a load of positive rep from others which offset your negative one.

Jdm
03-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Sorry to hear that MS left you out in the cold for 2 days, Pandora. Just like FrothyOmen(Oh My F***King God 2 thread), list the bastards Gamertags and we'll Negative them all day long. I'm about to help FrothyOmen out and if you need me to lend a helping hand, I can hit you up with a Preferred feedback any day. Hope all is well in the world of XBL.

F089H
03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm glad we don't have this Problem over on PSN.

ac2565
03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm glad we don't have this Problem over on PSN.
Yeah instead everyone is free to curse and say whatever they want.

IIIDAMAGE
03-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Ya know, i completely agree w/ the first page of responses ( all i read, im lazy i know) that this is all bullshit. You seem like a pretty nice lady, I remember reading your interview a bit back, so maybe it was all just a mixup. OR MAYBE and this is what im hoping, the feedback system really works. I think about all those ppl that i have reported feedback on for cheating and whatnot, maybe it is actually doing something.

Now im not saying you did anything wrong, im jsut hopin that the system works is all. some kid was prob just hatin on your gamerscore n that your a chick n maybe just went buckwild on the system w/ everyone they knew? some kid from 8 mon. ago and the complaints have just been building up, but what do i know?

Jdm
03-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah instead everyone is free to curse and say whatever they want.

^^^Exactly! I don't even bother to talk to anyone on PSN.

aussie_warrior117
01-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Don't know if I should say this here but I just found out I got banned by Microsoft for "inappropriate content". I had a thing in my bio which I could "rent" out my bio to someone, not a very good idea but the definition of the banning was "offense to other Xbox Live members". Do you think I p*ssed people off "legit" or just a bunch of angry gamers?

x McGrim x
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I really think that MS has to fix their feedback/complaint system. I mean, the system has been out for two years now!

Sanction
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
This topic is a YEAR OLD.

:spam1:spam1