PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated Xbox 360 games.

Daiphyer.
08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, when we read a review, and the reviewer just keeps pointing out the bad things about the game, and gives it such a low score, we feel that the game is underrated.

I my personal opinion, I think Bionic Commando was a huge underrated game.
I had alot of fun with that game, it had its flaws, but no game is perfect.

I also believe Mirror's Edge was really underrated game. It was something new that didn't get everyones attention. I personally loved that game, it was something really fresh and new.

What games do you think was really underrated ?

arbiter4566
08-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think mirror's edge was really underrated just over priced. As for underrated games, nothing comes to mind atm.

Itsbrown4606
08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Saint's Row 2. Much funner to play than it's GTA counterpart, but since it's GTA and GTA has a reputation, it gets the crown.

I've got 80 hours on my SR2 file, over half of it from AFTER 100% completion. GTAIV... all I've done is two playthroughs and a T&D playthrough. Totaling close to under 50ish hours.

Vendetta
08-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Clive Barker's Jericho IMHO is the most underrated game on the 360. I didnt initially play it because of the bad reviews a couple of sites gave it. One day on vacation I was bored and decided eh why not rent it. I ended up beating it while on vacation and finally purchased it during Best Buy's $10 game sale :)

Mirrors Edge was amazing and was well reviewed but it didn't sell well I think because it was so different.

EDF 2017 is another that comes to mind as being very very underrated. I played that one over at a friend's house and need to get ahold of it since I had a very good time playing it.

dudecrazy108
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I think Golden Axe Beast Rider is underated since I'm having a fun time playing it.

Ben Sharpe
08-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Battlefield:BC and Red faction Guerilla.

All those games were reviewed well but got so little attention from the majority of gamers. IMO POP was the best game of all last year, and Bad Company was a better shooter than any of the COD games.

Genesis x360a
08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Clive Barker's Jericho IMHO is the most underrated game on the 360. I didnt initially play it because of the bad reviews a couple of sites gave it. One day on vacation I was bored and decided eh why not rent it. I ended up beating it while on vacation and finally purchased it during Best Buy's $10 game sale :)

Mirrors Edge was amazing and was well reviewed but it didn't sell well I think because it was so different.

EDF 2017 is another that comes to mind as being very very underrated. I played that one over at a friend's house and need to get ahold of it since I had a very good time playing it.

Dude im with you on this one, Jericho is an awesome game, Its one of my favourites on the 360 its so underrated its a crime lol

Also Alone in the dark is gets pretty shitty reviews but i thought it was pretty good as i did with condenmed aswell.

v_thorne
08-23-2009, 12:24 AM
I really think The Darkness was underrated. I love that game. I still own it. Very unique story and cool innovative gameplay. Then again I'm a fan of the comics.

I also think the original Overlord was underrated. I haven't had a chance to play 2 yet.

Saint's Row 2. Much funner to play...

Funner isn't a word.

Saints Row 2 was pretty highly acclaimed by many sites and magazines.

VladimirK
08-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Mirror's Edge, people I talk to always call it either crap or a girl's game :confused:

Clive Barker's Jericho, too many people just focus on a slightly dodgy ending whilst ignoring a game that I actually thought was pretty good.

Daiphyer.
08-23-2009, 12:46 AM
I don't think mirror's edge was really underrated just over priced. As for underrated games, nothing comes to mind atm.

No I didn't mean it was underrated by the reviews, it was underrated by the poor sells it had.

Mirror's Edge, people I talk to always call it either crap or a girl's game :confused:

EXACTLY !! They laugh at it, and say that's all you get from Xbox 360! (Jerks don't know that this game is multiplatform, and one hell of a game it is)

eno rehtils
08-23-2009, 01:14 AM
I have to say like you Bionic Commando. Its one of the best games I've played.
Other underrated... Prince of Persia, Unreal Tournament and Call of Juarez BiB. All very good games.

agentplatypus
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I'd say Shadowrun. I had a lot of fun with that one.

Xedoss
08-23-2009, 02:38 AM
I'd have to say Mercenaries 2. Sure it was buggy as hell, but it was still a really fun game to play.

EOU Findub
08-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Let's see...

The Bourne Conspiracy - Too bad it was extremely short. They should have made it across all the games. A ton of fun to play.
Jericho - A lot better than what people/reviews say about it. I think the ending was about as dumb as it possibly could be.
Don King's Prizefighter - The simplicity of it makes it fun...I don't know why but I just really like this game.
Star Trek: Legacy - Another one where if you like Star Trek, you will really like this. I didn't think it got it's due. Damn shame too.

RadiantViper
08-23-2009, 07:15 AM
I'd say Mirror's Edge and Too Human. Though Mirror's Edge is a bit overpriced. I thought Too Human was too, but I managed to sink 40 hours into that game and it only has 4 levels.

MJGB
08-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Call Of Duty 3

A 2rue boofer
08-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I agree Clive Barker's Jericho was an awesome game.

Evo Kazz
08-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Alone In The Dark
Darkness
Jericho
Dark Sector
The Simpsons Game
The Incredible Hulk
Spiderman: Web Of Shadows
Midnight Club LA
Conan
Prince Of Persia

All games I have played and loved to bits, regardless of the bad/medicore reviews.

TikTak
08-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Burnout Paradise - I know it's not badly rated at all but it's actually a lot better than it gets credit for. Infact it probably should of won game of the year in 2008 but didn't as it was overshadowed by things like GoW2 and GTA.

This game has as much playability as either, coupled with some of the best DLC i've seen. Infact it's one of about 3 games (of a collection of 30ish) that I actually thought it's worth buying DLC for. Burnout Paradise is miles ahead of anything those monkeys EA can make with NFS (except Shift might prove ok) and Criterion is one of the most under rated developers to boot.

Simzo
08-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Saints Row 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company. They are very underrated in my opinion, I think they are some of the best titles in their genre.

Saints Row 2 is much more fun to play online than any other sand box game, and they have some great features which GTA doesn't have. Bad Company is excellent, one of my favourite games of all time. Much more realism and the graphics are stunning, also the maps are gigantic.

Daiphyer.
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Let's see...

The Bourne Conspiracy - Too bad it was extremely short. They should have made it across all the games. A ton of fun to play.

The camera drives me nuts! The shooting stinks too; but it was fun while it lasted.

Nerdz0r
08-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd have to say Mercenaries 2. Sure it was buggy as hell, but it was still a really fun game to play.

It was fun but the amount of bugs and glitches made it deserve terrible ratings.

Andreas_loel
08-23-2009, 02:28 PM

Where the fuck was the fun in that shitty shitty shitty oh god awful game? It was fucking hard for me to put it in the xbox after playing it once because it was so goddamn bad.

It was prolly the first game that made me so fucking pissed off with how bad it was that i became angry at my coop friend.

Underrated my fucking ass

You need to play more games or just try Just cause which came 3 years earlier and is fucking amazing 10/10 if you compare it to the horrible shit that is mercenaries 2

Even writing about it gets me angry

dorkzilla123
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Call Of Duty 3

Um..absolute garbage compared to World at War (basing it on Treyarch's effort).. You can't even run in that game, and playing on Veteran almost requires it.

Andreas_loel
08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Um..absolute garbage compared to World at War (basing it on Treyarch's effort).. You can't even run in that game, and playing on Veteran almost requires it.

So you are comparing part 3 against part 5 when they added major stuff in afterwards?

Its not strange that part 5 is better. Because they have been thinking about pushing the franchise a bit in the right direction and added certain game changes.
But with that said part 3 can still be a good game

VladimirK
08-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Started playing Alone in the Dark today.
It's not as bad as everyone makes out.

Kairi
08-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I think Ninety Nine Nights was definitely under rated. I don't understand why the reviews were so horrible, it really isn't that bad. Actualy, I think it's a good game. Killing a bunch of things is a good way to let out anger XD
The ESRB over rated the game rating too- why the hell was this rated "M"? I think "E 10+" or "T" would be more suitable.

MJGB
08-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Each to their own. Though I do agree it was a pain in the ass when your taking fire and suddenly your binoculars pop out. :uzi:

Lefthanded
08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I think we all agree that Red Faction:Guerilla is vastly underrated.

LoathsumVangard
08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree with Brown that SR2 was alot funner to play through and clown around than GTAIV. Also, IMO anyone with an xbox should try Lost Odyssey at least once. Everything from the graphics, to the symphonic soundtrack, to the epic storyline will leave you mesmerized. Shadowrun was also underrated. It came out at about the same time as Modern Warfare but it has so much more strategy and diversity of gameplay that it makes COD look shallow in comparison. RNA must fall

TheVoidRose
08-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Bullet Witch, I had such a great time playing that game. I had seen so many people belittle it because "oh the gameplay sucked" "the story was horrible" "that chick is hot" and so on. In reality the game was pretty solid, so much so that I played it a few times through and loved every bit of it.

Earth Defence Force 2017, killing giant bugs from space. I admit, the graphics were horrible.. the voice acting was terrible, the models were an eye sore, no online, to hard, and all this stuff was true. But deep down, it was addictive! The core gameplay was so simple it was mesmerizeing to me, I had trouble putting it down. Yeah it took hundreds of hours to 100% but I would say it would be worth it. It's the kind of RPG game that is fun to do with a friend. If solo, it is at least fun to kill things. But it still suffered from some pretty bad graphics.

Bomberman: Act Zero, yeah it is not the bomberman we all know and love. I actually liked the game, it was still bomberman but with a sick mature feel to it. I wish the story was deeper, and characters a bit more custumizeable, but it was still bomberman to the core. Achievments were a pain in the ass and still are, but it was a good game.

Tenchu Z, I have not heared anyone talk about it. My friend brought it over one day and I had to make him let me borrow it for a few months(accidently). It felt like a poorly made game, but it was so so much fun to sneak around and kill people like a real ninja. And then doing all that with your custom charactrer online! I had such a blast there, and I wish I still had the game.

Purge
08-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I thought Far Cry 2 got bad reviews but I just checked a couple of sites and it got in the 9 region. I thought that was underated but there you go!

Alien Hominid HD is an amazing fun game and I never hear anybody say good things about it. Also World at War was not bad but everyone seems to think it's a piece of trash?

Daiphyer.
08-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Alien Hominid HD is an amazing fun game and I never hear anybody say good things about it. Also World at War was not bad but everyone seems to think it's a piece of trash?

Because it sucked in front of MW, and that's why everyone call it trash.
The game was good in Normal difficulty, because on the higher difficulties the grenades just keep on coming!

Purge
08-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, compared to the number one most sold first person shooter ever. Fair.

Exogenesis
08-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I think Shadowrun is a very very underrated. It's a really fun game, and it's hated mostly because it's an online only game.

Sonic Unleashed is pretty underrated as well.
It's one of the best Sonic games to come out in YEARS. The best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure.

jackanape
08-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, compared to the number one most sold first person shooter ever. Fair.

He was comparing it to Modern Warfare not Halo 3 - which is in fact the number one most sold first person shooter ever. In fact, all of the Halo games sold more than MW as did Goldeneye on the N64. ;)

WaW wasn't as good as the game that came before it when, by rights, it should have been better. Plus, WaW still got generally good reviews so would hardly be underrated - its just that some gamers didn't enjoy it as much.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Id have to say Blazblue because of the fact that whenever you utter the name , a normal US citizen would reply "What the heck is Blaze-Blue"
How if you say something like Street Fighter 4 of course they're going to know it, cause of the history it has with alot of gamers. But games get old, normally when a game gets a sequel ... its supposed to be BETTER IMO i think Street Fighter should always stay 2D

RadiantViper
08-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I think Shadowrun is a very very underrated. It's a really fun game, and it's hated mostly because it's an online only game.

Sonic Unleashed is pretty underrated as well.
It's one of the best Sonic games to come out in YEARS. The best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure.

I agree that Shadowrun is a bit underrated, but I still don't like playing it just because of the 'respawn' (if you can call it that) system. It sucks so much to sit there for 4 minutes just watching my team. If it wasn't for that I'd probably buy it.

Xaius
08-24-2009, 05:34 AM
i would have to agree mirrors edge is highly underrated
but then again i also think games like bullet witch, Jericho, and Enchanted arms were also lol http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

BLAZIN BRIAN 21
08-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Believe it or not, I am gonna have to say Assassin's Creed. It got good reviews and all but a week after it was released it was constantly getting bashed for beingrepetitive. I THOUGHT THE GAME WAS AMAZING AND EXTREMELY FUN.I got like 40+ hours out of the game just riding around and tryin to collect the flags.

oKarmaButterfly
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
The Darkness

I remember seeing it just sitting on a shelf where my boyfriend keeps his games and I asked how good it was. He said it was pretty good, but he barely played it. So, I decided to give it a shot and after getting use to the controls... I fell in love with it. If they ever make a sequel...I'm buying it. (as long as they improve the multiplayer and don't half ass it )

The Darkness is probably the one game that I love more than COD4, Halo 3, and (currently), Star Ocean on the 360. <3

EntropyChaos1990
08-24-2009, 06:13 PM
PREY Dunno if this game has been "underrated" or not, but alot of people I talk to about it say that it sucks ass.. BUT... I have played the game for less than a hour and i'm already impressed with it!

Fuck the haters! I need a beer... :drunk

EOU Findub
08-24-2009, 06:46 PM
PREY Dunno if this game has been "underrated" or not, but alot of people I talk to about it say that it sucks ass.. BUT... I have played the game for less than a hour and i'm already impressed with it!

Fuck the haters! I need a beer... :drunk

I don't know if it sucks ass...but it was extremely generic. It got decent reviews but the story also seemed like it dragged on as well.

Jeff.Spectre
08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Id have to say Blazblue because of the fact that whenever you utter the name , a normal US citizen would reply "What the heck is Blaze-Blue"
How if you say something like Street Fighter 4 of course they're going to know it, cause of the history it has with alot of gamers. But games get old, normally when a game gets a sequel ... its supposed to be BETTER IMO i think Street Fighter should always stay 2D

at least in america u have the ability to show those people the game,
it hasnt even been released here in the Uk
i've had to play an imported version from america on the PS3.......and my gamercard has a BlazBlue shaped whole in its heart

ovoon7
08-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Prey - brilliant game, with that classic feel to it.
Lost Odyssey - Best JRPG I personally have ever played (Screw FF 7 :P )
Two Worlds - was it god awful? yes. Was is playable? Yes. Was it fun at times? yes. Did it give 370 gp for beating the easy last boss? yes. does it deserve a 12/100? no!
The Darkness
Earth Defense Force 2017

daninthemix
08-25-2009, 07:55 AM
All the recent Tomb Raiders.
MOH Airborne - it had flaws but the game really grows on you and it had really unique gameplay. You could drop in to a level at any point in both Single and Multi Player.

ErmacVersion1
08-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I really think The Darkness was underrated. I love that game. I still own it. Very unique story and cool innovative gameplay. Then again I'm a fan of the comics.

I agree with you there. That game was amazing!!! Still trying to finish the online myself, but hardly anyone plays at all.

I'd say Dead Space was underrated because of when it came out. The game was fantastic and it still made me jump at points that you knew were going to happen the 2nd playthrough.

Others I'd say, Eternal Sonata, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, DBZ: Burst Limit, just to name a few.

kall5ter
08-25-2009, 12:43 PM
viva pinata ;)

Francisco Korda
08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi there!
For me the most underrated games are The Darkness and Dead Space.
I think the main reasons are the lack of multiplayer on Dead Space and the comics origins of The Darkness.
Sorry for my bad english!

Daiphyer.
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
viva pinata ;)

Viva Pinata was well reviewed by all the sites, but it didn't sell good.
Probably because Xbox 360 has become a home for mature games, this kinda games don't sell well.

ferrara316
08-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Bullet Witch, I had such a great time playing that game. I had seen so many people belittle it because "oh the gameplay sucked" "the story was horrible" "that chick is hot" and so on. In reality the game was pretty solid, so much so that I played it a few times through and loved every bit of it.

Bomberman: Act Zero, yeah it is not the bomberman we all know and love. I actually liked the game, it was still bomberman but with a sick mature feel to it. I wish the story was deeper, and characters a bit more custumizeable, but it was still bomberman to the core. Achievments were a pain in the ass and still are, but it was a good game.

Tenchu Z, I have not heared anyone talk about it. My friend brought it over one day and I had to make him let me borrow it for a few months(accidently). It felt like a poorly made game, but it was so so much fun to sneak around and kill people like a real ninja. And then doing all that with your custom charactrer online! I had such a blast there, and I wish I still had the game.

all of these games are not underrated, they were just rated so low because they sucked so bad....

The definition of underrated, is say from a scale from 1 - 10, a game that received reviews 7 and up, nobody really played or heard of. All these games were awful (esp. Bomberman) and EVERYBODY knew that.

On that note, The Darkness is possibly the most underrated game on 360. It got great reviews except the multiplayer sucked, but the single player gameplay and storyline were phenomenal.

Sniper Riflez
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
The Godfather 2.

Don't listen to Video reviews anymore, it's "OMG I CANT DO THIS" and "OMG I CAN'T DO THAT" and not "I can do this" and "I can do that".

The review of Guitar Hero: Smash Hits was just awful...

VladimirK
08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
All the recent Tomb Raiders.

I've noticed this.
I've started trying to get the original 1000 in them, I'll get DLC later.

But everywhere I look people really don't like them.

Elit3 m0nkey
08-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Mercenaries 2 - It might of been a little buggy but it is so much fun just to blow buildings up. Plus how many games let you nuke an entire city.

Call of Duty WaW - Treyarch was doomed from the start once we found out they were making the sequel and it didn't help that they put it back in WWII. But it is still fun and enjoyable.

DroolPL
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Clive Barker's Jericho. One of the most underrated games I've ever dealt with. I've just finished the game: the graphics are awful, whole story is predictable, there is nothing new or awesome here. It's easy to have 1000g, so that's why many people reach for this title (that's what I did really). Of course grades weren't very impressive. Nevertheless, after finishing the story, I had a very positive feeling I last had when finishing one of the 'oldschool' games. It has something that puts smile on your face even though it is way far from difficult or has nothing that could really amaze you. It's a game with some kind of soul, I'd say. I'm just suprised that for all walkthrough I was bored, but during the last few levels I realised I had really enjoyed the whole game.

Staller
08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Clive Barker's Jericho for sure.
The fact that so many people choosed this one, cannot be a coincidence :confused:
Average graphics,average storyline,nice playability,lots of different characters with different abilities each.Fun game. 7/10

The only downside of it was the lack of online play,but then again, neither did Bioshock,and it was the game of the year(10/10) .. Go figure..

Still can't believe those misteriously weird reviews :blunt

lenny m
08-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Moto Gp 08. really underrated

Pheonix_Assassin
08-29-2009, 11:53 AM
PGR4 is a classic example as many picked Forza 2 over PGR4 but both are awesome games but PGR's graphics are just stunningly better =)

Shadowrun i also must add, since it is one of the best Online Multiplayer games made.

NawtyCawty
08-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi there!
For me the most underrated games are The Darkness and Dead Space.
I think the main reasons are the lack of multiplayer on Dead Space and the comics origins of The Darkness.
Sorry for my bad english!

I wouldn't say Dead Space was underrated. In the 2 magazines I buy it got 10/10 in both lol.

Anyway games I have loved but were underrated are Gun and Tomb Raider Underworld. Okay, so Gun doesnt have the best graphics in the world but it is really fun to play with lots to do and explore in it. And I just think Tomb Raider Underworld is a gorgeous game. And Lara Croft still has a lovely bottom!

Daiphyer.
08-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't say Dead Space was underrated. In the 2 magazines I buy it got 10/10 in both lol.

Anyway games I have loved but were underrated are Gun and Tomb Raider Underworld. Okay, so Gun doesnt have the best graphics in the world but it is really fun to play with lots to do and explore in it. And I just think Tomb Raider Underworld is a gorgeous game. And Lara Croft still has a lovely bottom!

:woop: let's hear it for Lara Croft's Bottom !

lol, I agree Dead space was reviewed well from almost every site.

NawtyCawty
08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Burnout Paradise - I know it's not badly rated at all but it's actually a lot better than it gets credit for. Infact it probably should of won game of the year in 2008 but didn't as it was overshadowed by things like GoW2 and GTA.

This game has as much playability as either, coupled with some of the best DLC i've seen. Infact it's one of about 3 games (of a collection of 30ish) that I actually thought it's worth buying DLC for. Burnout Paradise is miles ahead of anything those monkeys EA can make with NFS (except Shift might prove ok) and Criterion is one of the most under rated developers to boot.

I agree with you 100 percent on that. Burnout Paradise is definitely the best racing game there is bar none, and in my opinion in the top 10 best games of any genre on the 360. And it is one of the best supported games for DLC, even though this fact ruined my 100% completion of the game!

Teh BeZ
08-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Like many other i think ill have throw jericho out there, i to was sceptical at first but it such a good once you actually start to play it

Poida
08-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Viking is rarely talked about, very underated title, dont think Saints Row 2 is, it is being compared to GTA 4 which it really shouldnt be.
With all the COD games always being talked about, Medal of Honor Airbourne is underated, really top shooter.

x Dante x
08-29-2009, 04:41 PM
The Darkness
Clive Barkers Jericho
Supreme Commander (Fuck C&C this game is amazing sure its glitchy but fuck its a fantastic game)

iKhaotic
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Ninety Nine Nights is underrated to an extend IMO. i love the game, but that doesn't excuse it from how buggy it is. i remember on one of the stages, a boulder rolled UPHILL and killed me -_-

anywho, other games IMO:

Earth Defense Force 2017 - if this game had online co-op, oh man.....

Lost Odyssey - not underrated, more like not enough coverage. not many people know about this game, but the people that do, 95% of them would agree that this game is a masterpiece

Dr Popodopolus
08-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Saint's Row 2. Much funner to play than it's GTA counterpart, but since it's GTA and GTA has a reputation, it gets the crown.

I've got 80 hours on my SR2 file, over half of it from AFTER 100% completion. GTAIV... all I've done is two playthroughs and a T&D playthrough. Totaling close to under 50ish hours.

I completely agree with this.

Also think that Quantum of Solace is a bit underrated, i mean the MP was great IMO if you bar 3 MAJOR flaws. No credits if game lags out. About half the games lag out. 85% of people use the Hutchinson A4 (or w/e the semi-auto one is).

shilbo-assassin
08-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I've never played a Saints game but I've heard it's better than GTA by a lot of people - they say it's more fun. Should I play Saints Row 1 first or just get SR2?

Coadster1
08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
I'd say Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is underrated , it's a pretty decent game, but you don't really hear much about it.

VladimirK
08-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Started playing Kane and Lynch again.

Forgot how good it is, and as far as I remember a lot of places weren't too keen on it.

aussiegamer
08-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Army of Two
Crackdown
Red Faction: Guerrilla

Started playing Kane and Lynch again.

Forgot how good it is, and as far as I remember a lot of places weren't too keen on it.

Kane and Lynch is awful. Had all the potential in the world but they fucked up the main thing every shooter needs, a good aiming system.

I've never played a Saints game but I've heard it's better than GTA by a lot of people - they say it's more fun. Should I play Saints Row 1 first or just get SR2?

Go straight to SR2, it's what I did.

Lemon Of Life
08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Mirror's Edge, definitely, and Viva Pinata. They're both incredibly original, but received poor sales.

J Lew332
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Quantum of Solace, I had so much fun playing this game. I got my 1k in it and I decided to trade it in a couple months ago, and I kinda wish I didn't trade it in just to play it once in a while.

thomasgeorge
08-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Started playing Alone in the Dark today.
It's not as bad as everyone makes out.

I hated alone in the dark

I think that bourne,virtua fighter 5 were underated but were awesome.

I also liked stranglehold. Thought it was very fun

richs180
08-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Army of Two. Barring the awful Retirement Savings Plan achievement I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Not many people rated it though, in my experience from talking to friends and looking online. Looking forward to the second game.:woop:

Venomized
08-31-2009, 12:38 AM

Much more fun*

And Saint's Row 1 sucked so much that there was no hype for Saint's Row 2. Though I still think 2 isn't that great.

P.S. You should take a break from playing those games . . . .

SaintKnight
08-31-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm going to be different from everyone from saying Mirror's Edge or Jericho is the most underrated game (although I agree; don't get me wrong). I'm going to say that Too Human was underrated. It got mediocre scores and it really didn't deserve them. Sure, it most definitely wasn't worth the $60 when it first came out but since the price is lower it's worth it. It is kinda an achievement hunter's nightmare though.

LH Cerberus
08-31-2009, 06:09 AM
For me its Chromehounds,
okay if u play it for the first time it is very lame and boring and it has not the best graphics but the sound and the possibility to build a million different hounds is just gripping and after a few hours of online gameplay the game is an obsession.
There are 84 maps in multiplayer and every single map is different.
I just love this game, its very disappointing that the servers will probably get closed in january 2010.:(

Gavin TTC956GP
08-31-2009, 06:31 AM
I've began playing Kane and Lynch: Dead Men(completed a number of missions already),
This game is pretty good despite negative feedback regarding some of the issues in the game, which the main one being the aiming in the game.
Personally, it's a system u have to get used to, not like GTA where u point and a target is locked, here, it makes the game very challenging for the player BUT not impossible.
The story is great thus far, graphics...amazing, and playing a hardened criminal in a video game is a PLUS for me!

ApochWeiss
08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Clive Barker's Jericho and Alone In The Dark. Jericho was a well done game, ust a punch out ending that was meant to have a sequel, and AitD had control issues that turned people off. I don't get what the big freakin' deal was. I got 1000 in it before they updated the controls, and people STILL won't play it for anything aside points. I dunno, people are shallow I guess :(

gman99
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Dude im with you on this one, Jericho is an awesome game, Its one of my favourites on the 360 its so underrated its a crime lol

Also Alone in the dark is gets pretty shitty reviews but i thought it was pretty good as i did with condenmed aswell.

The reason i didnt like Alone in the Dark was because of the controls. I thought they were a little bit awkward to use, and not as refined as some other games. And i have never played Jericho lol

gman99
09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I also think Tom Clancys HAWX is slightly underrated. I havent heard anything about it being good or bad since G4 did their preview on it a month before it came out. I personally think it is one of the best games that i own, and it is certainly the best flight game i have ever played. It could just be me, but has anyone else heard good/bad things about it?

thomasgeorge
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Wheelman I have only ever seen one person on my fl play this. I thought this game was very good

NawtyCawty
09-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I also think Tom Clancys HAWX is slightly underrated. I havent heard anything about it being good or bad since G4 did their preview on it a month before it came out. I personally think it is one of the best games that i own, and it is certainly the best flight game i have ever played. It could just be me, but has anyone else heard good/bad things about it?

I was wondering if this game is any good or not, as I tried the demo and hated it instantly. All I could manage in the demo was to keep flying upside down.

Stonna Smurf
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree with Brown that SR2 was alot funner to play through and clown around than GTAIV. Also, IMO anyone with an xbox should try Lost Odyssey at least once. Everything from the graphics, to the symphonic soundtrack, to the epic storyline will leave you mesmerized. Shadowrun was also underrated. It came out at about the same time as Modern Warfare but it has so much more strategy and diversity of gameplay that it makes COD look shallow in comparison. RNA must fall

Completely agree Lost Odyssey should be a must have. Except 9 months between LO and MW and they completely different games.

Mirrors edge did purely suck, completed it and wish I never bothered it was junk.

Bully was much better than GTA Poor.

Agent Aero
09-03-2009, 12:31 AM
The most underated games on the 360 are ; Too human, kand and lynch and Timeshift.

Waggaz
09-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Dark Sector. Incredibly underrated. Didn't even get much of a go really.
Its a decent game from what I've played at a friends house and the videos i've seen.

drebus
09-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

It's not really underrated in the 'review score' kind of way.. But you hardly hear people talk about it. And in my opinion it had the best atmosphere of all WO II shooters.
Too bad the multiplayer part was a joke. But the singleplayer... _O_

oRedBull
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
SHADOWRUN, this game is so overrated, i got it for £3.43 (roughly $6), it's so good. It's a shame Fasa Studios went out of business.

Daiphyer.
09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
SHADOWRUN, this game is so overrated, i got it for £3.43 (roughly $6), it's so good. It's a shame Fasa Studios went out of business.

You wrote Overrated instead of Underrated :p

Deathblow23
09-03-2009, 05:04 PM
For me...it's Dark Sector and Brothers In Arms: H.H..

Dark Sector ripped off so many games...Halo, RE 4, Half-Life, Gears of War, even Metroid Prime,...but the campaign was so fun to play! Dark Sector's multiplayer is so unforgivably horrid though...for the ones woh have boosted it...you know this already. Just think how incredible the campaign could have been had the allocated that money towards the campaign!!!

Brothers In Arms, although I am not finished yet...has been a blast to play. I haven't played the multiplayer...but I'm sure it won't be fun...I know from reading that it is dead and has been for a while. Regardless...I played through CoD 2 and 3 and most would agree that the quliaty of CoD 2 far exceeds that of 3. That being said...I would put BIA:HH in a league with CoD 2. I really think it's that good so far.

thomasgeorge
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Dark Sector ripped off so many games...Halo, RE 4, Half-Life, Gears of War, even Metroid Prime,...but the campaign was so fun to play! Dark Sector's multiplayer is so unforgivably horrid though...for the ones woh have boosted it...you know this already. Just think how incredible the campaign could have been had the allocated that money towards the campaign!!!

Brothers In Arms, although I am not finished yet...has been a blast to play. I haven't played the multiplayer...but I'm sure it won't be fun...I know from reading that it is dead and has been for a while. Regardless...I played through CoD 2 and 3 and most would agree that the quliaty of CoD 2 far exceeds that of 3. That being said...I would put BIA:HH in a league with CoD 2. I really think it's that good so far.

I agree with both games. I borrowed dark sector off my friend. While on the 3rd level it froze.

Wheelman as well thought someone might of said that

drebus
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM

The multiplayer is dead for a reason. It really, really sucks :P They shouldn't have put it in the game anyway. But as you can see on my post above, i agree with you about the singleplayer part. What a game and what a storyline.

Murn
10-25-2009, 06:46 AM
For me, Alone In The Dark was extremely fun, and the driving wasn't as bad as everyone says(although getting caught on a small shrub shits you to tears after a while). Carnby moved like a tank in third person, but first person view made it easier. I don't think it deserved the 5/10's it got, maybe a 7 or 8/10.

Also, Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. This is my FAVOURITE game on 360 I've played, even more so than Assassin's Creed and Fallout 3. The storyline was awesome(hell, it made me nearly cry at the end, which doesn't happen often) and the scenery in the levels were great. Also playing as Cynder (the other dragon) was sweet. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I've loved Spyro ever since the first game and is my favourite game series, but I would give this game a 10, not 5's and 6's(again, I LOVED this game)

Paperback Gamer
10-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Fable 2 I know its not underated Reveiw wise but it gets alot of stick from people even though it's a great game!!

thomasgeorge
10-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Velvet Assassin was good very good stealth sections but no one seems to like it

tobiashallix
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
must say i thought The Godfather was terribly underrated, had lots of fun playing it. also the Club was another good one

lenny m
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Most of my mates think PGR4 (Project Gotham Racing 4) is rubbish. I dont think so. Racing in all 4 corners of the globe (literally. London, New York, Macau, Tokyo) with the best cars including the Enzo, GAllardo, FErrari FXX, CAparo and the Koenisegg. Racing in different race types with excellent graphics. An online feature which may be slow has a brilliant effect. I believe this is as good as Need for Speed Shift and Forza 3. My ratings are:

Graphics: 10/10
Choice of Cars: 9.5/10
Track Choice: 8/10
online: 7.5/10
Career: 9/10
Different Races 9/10
Overall( My overall): 9.237/10

Raider
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Some of the best RPG's I have played in years and you never really hear anything about them and neither game had much hype.

SamStar42
10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Frontlines: Fuel of War spring to mind.

Star Wars because...well, despite some minor issues, it was still a lot of fun. Even if the Star Destroyer TOOK FOR FUCKING EVER TO GO DOWN.

And Frontlines...it's the most generic game ever, but I'm enjoying it.

ErinEsurance
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Conan, Oneechanbara and Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

Exhausted Dad
10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
So many games don't get the attention they deserve, it really sucks when it puts a halt to a sequel.
The ones that most come to mind for me are The Darkness, Jericho, Spider-man WOS, FarCry2 and The Bourne Conspiracy.

daishichi
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
All around, great thread. Always looking for sleeper hits, sounds like Jericho, Mirror's Edge and Too Human will make my "buy it cheap on ebay" list. I'm glad to hear folks say Mercenaries 2 was worthwhile, I loved the first one on the PS2 but the nasty reviews for the sequel scared me away. I already own The Darkness...the lousy aiming in the first missions turned me off, but sounds like it will liven up given more time.

Agree with Poida re: Viking. I know, it's one of the "easy 1000s", but the gameplay was really satisfying. The combat and graphics bring to mind God of War and Conan, while the overall gameplay is similar to Godfather re: taking over areas.

On that note, I gotta disagree that Godfather II was underrated. If you played the first one, it was extremely disappointing how little they added to it and how tenuously it was connected to the movie storyline. In the first game, it was a thrill in itself to defend the hospital or chase Sonny's killers.

Was Spider-Man: Web of Shadows poorly rated? I thought it began the "wait a minute, I think they figured out how to make a comic book game" trend that continued with reviews for Wolverine and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

smudgedhorizon
10-26-2009, 12:09 AM
FUEL by codies is an awesome game - I love RPGs and it was almost like a car RPG, lots of collectibles, lots of just driving round checking out the view. I honestly played it well over 100 hours and it just never got old blasting some tunes from my mp3 player and ragging a monster truck up and down mountains - and yet it got slated in the reviews, go figure.

purpleshirtedeyestabber
10-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Frontlines: Fuel of War

Didn't get bad reviews, but it's not often talked about
Best $5 game I ever bought.

Budro
10-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I would like to point out the Dynasty Warriors series was really fun. Its a cheap game and tons of fun. I have been a huge fan since Dynasty Warriors 2 came out on PS2

RadiantViper
10-26-2009, 08:12 AM
All around, great thread. Always looking for sleeper hits, sounds like Jericho, Mirror's Edge and Too Human will make my "buy it cheap on ebay" list.

They're all good games, but if I had paid $70 for any of them it would have pissed me off. Too Human has some surprising replay value, but Jericho and Mirror's Edge don't.

thomasgeorge
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I thought mirrors edge was awesome. It recieved good reviews but no very good sales

SoulOfTira
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Project Sylpheed. No-one really talks about it. Okay the characters, plot and dialogue are pretty crappy but the game itself is a lot of fun to play. Well worth the £5.

Bullet Witch. Everyone hates this game and although it does have some pretty glaring flaws(level design and too dark/too light at times) I actually thought the game was fun. I really like Alicia and her spells.

Pheonix_Assassin
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Most of my mates think PGR4 (Project Gotham Racing 4) is rubbish. I dont think so. Racing in all 4 corners of the globe (literally. London, New York, Macau, Tokyo) with the best cars including the Enzo, GAllardo, FErrari FXX, CAparo and the Koenisegg. Racing in different race types with excellent graphics. An online feature which may be slow has a brilliant effect. I believe this is as good as Need for Speed Shift and Forza 3. My ratings are:

Graphics: 10/10
Choice of Cars: 9.5/10
Track Choice: 8/10
online: 7.5/10
Career: 9/10
Different Races 9/10
Overall( My overall): 9.237/10

I totally agree =) even today i still think PGR4 is better than Forza 2

GUNSANDBUTTA
10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I would have to say Dead Space was in my eyes I didn't hear anything about that game till I played it I was just thinking easy achievements then I played it and it was just a really good game

GonzoPoopsmith
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
UT3, Ghostbusters, and Shadowrun were WAAAAAY more fun than I was led to believe.

Indie Hero
10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I would have to say that while Bionic Commando was GROSSLY underrated as far as reviews went, it did have some major, almost game-breaking faults. For example, the upgrades don't carry over into your new files, you can't pick and choose where you want to go in your story file, and the health system annoyed me. It had a health system like Call of Duty, where your screen turns red as you get hurt. In Bionic Commando, the farthest it goes is like this slight pink haze, and when I've got the mindset that I'm doing okay, I die because that pink haze means you are skirting the edge of death. Other than that, it's a fun game.

Another underrated game has to be Phantasy Star Universe. It improves on what made Phantasy Star Online so great. Unfortunately it has no free offline co-op, but it does offer somewhat larger party sizes (six instead of four, I believe?) and a few more interesting choices of weapons, such as whips and crossbows.

xI Berlioz Ix
10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Viking was very suprising. I never got bored playing that game once. Another one for me personally was Viva Pinata. Im not sure how others see it, but from what I always hear, other always give me crap because its a "kiddy" game. I though it was a lot of fun!:Bounce:

Gackt
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Enchanted Arms

McKaystyles
10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
The Darkness – just an amazing game the blew my away, multiplayer was not that great, but god the main story was amazing!
Borderlands—iiitss the shit!
Eat Lead- great game! Im a multiplaya masta!
Dead space – so scary

Purge
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey. Some of the best RPG's I have played in years and you never really hear anything about them and neither game had much hype.

This man has words of gold.

My take would have to be 'Splosion Man. It was an excellent game and nobody seemed to realise it.

Agent Earl
10-27-2009, 11:17 PM
way back in the day but amped 3 was a lot of fun for me

L1E
10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Clive Barker's Jericho and Lost: Via Domus are both very underrated in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed both games right to the end. I originally got them for easy 1000s, and they were some fun 1000s. Lost is pretty much thought of as terrible, and I don't know why. I played it before I ever watched the show, and I loved it.

chaosisover
10-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Frontlines: Fuel of War Crackdown Burnout Paradise X-Men Origins Wolverine Pure BlazBlue all great underrated games especially BlazBlue and Burnout Paradise

safemachine08
10-28-2009, 01:41 AM
i def believe lord of rings conquest was underrated i thought best lord of rings ever came out everything was fun and had playability in it

DOC FREUDSTEIN
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM
of all ive played that i might class as underrated the following are what ive really enjoyed, day say loved when playing

50 cent: BOTS - overall very samey but damn its fun..
viking - became a bit of a grind but was great fun
MOH: airborne - much prefer this to the cod games.. short yes but fun for replays
eat lead - over difficult in places but good fun to play.
flatout UC: best racer on xbox i would say.
velvet assassin - why this is rated bad i dont know as it looks great as far as im concerned and is a great stealth game although not hitman great..
spiderman web of shadows - turned into a right grind but was great fun..

Tufty
10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
A game I think get's loads of flaws pointed out a lot is World at War. I know its not underrated but does get called out a lot by the IW fanboys. The guns in the multiplayer were a bit harder to aim with and can get frustrating quickly when a low rank. This is the reason being that loads of people hate World at War, and then they say stuff like "The campaign sucked so bad!", then I look on their achievements and they haven't even played it. To many people on Call of Duty 4 say the World at War is bad because they can use the guns. Well you may think Call of Duty 4 is better but I prefer World at War, especially since there is no, No scope, quick scope bullshit on World at War.

HellzDream
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Far Cry 2. I don't see what everyone hates about it. I mean sure traveling can be a pain in the ass but apart from that the game is great. The graphics are greart and the fire mechanic is bloody insane. I even find online fun.

Tufty
10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Far Cry 2. I don't see what everyone hates about it. I mean sure traveling can be a pain in the ass but apart from that the game is great. The graphics are greart and the fire mechanic is bloody insane. I even find online fun.

I agree with you here. The online was fun, especialy player matches. The map making capabilities were almost unlimited, It is one of my favououte online games. The only thing I didn't like was the story mode, I took forever to get from one place to another and you got attacked evey 5 minutes. Im sorta annoyed that I sold it for money to get Residnet Evil 5.:(

KFZ Scrubs
10-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Here's another game that's not underrated by the media.... but by gamers in the gaming community. Borderlands is an amazing game, it's beautiful, it's loot system will having you playing for a while trying to collect better loots, and the fire fights are awesome, they always have you thinking on your feet. I like the dark humor they have in the game as well (audio tapes and enemy names). This game is awesome, plus co-op in this game is great!
Then a lot of gamers (least some i've talked) treat this game as if it was trash, they say it's repetitive, boring and ugly.
Are you kidding me?

I mean, yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... but come on. I specially hate the people who rate this game as bad because of the cel shading graphics... you've got to be shitting me.

BBQ
10-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Castlevania: SOTN It's Only 400Msp But You Can Get A Good 20hrs Gameplay Out Of It... And It's Just A Really REALLY Good Game.

Probably One Of The Best Arcade Game Out In Terms Of Worth In Msp.

JB x360a
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=DOC FREUDSTEIN;2482926]of all ive played that i might class as underrated the following are what ive really enjoyed, day say loved when playing

[QUOTE]

You sure???, i know it's your opinion but BEST???????????

DOC FREUDSTEIN
10-30-2009, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=DOC FREUDSTEIN;2482926]of all ive played that i might class as underrated the following are what ive really enjoyed, day say loved when playing

[QUOTE]

You sure???, i know it's your opinion but BEST???????????

yeah my opinion only lol :) .. got loads of other racers and i cant see the fuss for the pgr games & forza 2 bores me to death. i do enjoy the nfs ones though [cept pro street. drag races.. ugh]... maybe im clearly more of an arcade racer.. what can i say its great fun..

also to add to the list.. juiced 2.. pretty decent once you get the hang of the loose controls..

xEndriux
10-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I think The Bourne Conspiracy ...it's a nice game in my opinion
and let me say Wanted Weapon of Fate ....good game

Barad
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Midnight Club LA - it was one of the best street racers ever!!

Mantarus
10-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Castlevania: SOTN It's Only 400Msp But You Can Get A Good 20hrs Gameplay Out Of It... And It's Just A Really REALLY Good Game.

Probably One Of The Best Arcade Game Out In Terms Of Worth In Msp.

400? Where? I only find it for 800 Points :(

Shadow Warlock
10-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Right now? Brütal Legend, seems like not alot of people have bought it since release =/

Oh and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

the boom 117
10-31-2009, 02:42 AM
Just Cause, I loved this game. Looking forward to Just Cause 2

The Lovat Scout
10-31-2009, 03:22 AM
I think Prey was underrated. I hadn't heard a single thing about the game until one of my classmates mentioned it when I was in high school. I played it and LoVED it!!!

The Lovat Scout
10-31-2009, 03:25 AM
Midnight Club LA - it was one of the best street racers ever!!

I played a lot of the other Midnight Club games and this one seems very 'Urbanized', if you know what I mean. It just didn't have that 'Underground' feeling to it and the achievements were slightly lame. My own opinion, of course. I played the first two on the PS2 and they were awesome. Midnight Club 3 for the OG Xbox was awesome, but this new one gave me no interest whatsoever.

Is that understandable? lol

Nightbeam
10-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Fallout 3,

sure, a lot of people think of it as a masterpiece, but it is so much more than that.

Q ipoddy Q
10-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Viva pinata got alot of bad reviews but its a real good game when you get into it also easy for achievs if you really stretch out for them.

Lewis007
10-31-2009, 05:33 PM
I dont know if the game was underrated but a game that I thoroughly enjoyed, eventhough it is not my kind of genre was Civilization Revolution, i mean come on noone can disagree with that :)

Purge
10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Lost is pretty much thought of as terrible, and I don't know why. I played it before I ever watched the show, and I loved it.

It's because it's an easy 1000G. For some reason that makes a game utterly terrible. I liked it though, I was looking for a better game than it was but I enjoyed it none the less. Probably because I love the show and I expected it to be on the same wavelength.

Infection Ftw
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Here's another game that's not underrated by the media.... but by gamers in the gaming community. Borderlands is an amazing game, it's beautiful, it's loot system will having you playing for a while trying to collect better loots, and the fire fights are awesome, they always have you thinking on your feet. I like the dark humor they have in the game as well (audio tapes and enemy names). This game is awesome, plus co-op in this game is great!
Then a lot of gamers (least some i've talked) treat this game as if it was trash, they say it's repetitive, boring and ugly.
Are you kidding me?

I mean, yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... but come on. I specially hate the people who rate this game as bad because of the cel shading graphics... you've got to be shitting me.

Borderlands Ftw:D Don't judge before you've played it to the idiots who do:P (ahem Dj Hero everyone lol including me..)

rawkerdude5012
11-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Even tho i played it for achievements and I grinded it to get done in a day, SAW was one of the best movie based games I've played. Definitley rent it if you like the movies, nt worth 60 bucks cause of no multiplayer

MKBound
11-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Easily Magna Carta 2 is under rated by far. The game is fun and has alot to do :)

VladimirK
11-01-2009, 02:08 AM
I got Turning Point just yesterday.
I can't actually really find too much fault with it except for the only thing annoying me.

One achievement that seems to be bloody picky about when it unlocks, Master Sniper.
Going by the look of it almost everyone gets it at a different point and in different circumstances, I myself got the 400 kills trying it, (and actually succeeding almost every time), but still nothing as of yet.

But apart from that, I was expecting it to be much worse.
I'm actually kinda enjoying it. :p

Exhausted Dad
11-01-2009, 04:46 AM
I had a couple games I listed on here last week and now I've found another, Ninja Blade. It is definitely the 2nd best(if not best) ninja game on the 360, though Ninja Gaiden Black on original Xbox is the best one ever. I'm on the 3rd chapter now and more hooked on it than NG2. So try it out I got for $10 brand new on Ebay, so you can get it cheap.

institutions
11-01-2009, 05:05 AM
I had a couple games I listed on here last week and now I've found another, Ninja Blade. It is definitely the 2nd best(if not best) ninja game on the 360, though Ninja Gaiden Black on original Xbox is the best one ever. I'm on the 3rd chapter now and more hooked on it than NG2. So try it out I got for $10 brand new on Ebay, so you can get it cheap.

Eh, i dunno man. I was put off by the demo with the flying button pushing scene and then seeing how many hits it actually takes to kill an enemy + how many enemies there are.

Lego Indy, for me (that's underrated, right?). Game was really fun until I had to redo every single level over for the artifacts and grind out the stupid 'Do this X times' achievements. The Young Indy level was great.
All we need now is a Lego: Walker Texas Ranger.

thomasgeorge
11-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I think The Bourne Conspiracy ...it's a nice game in my opinion
and let me say Wanted Weapon of Fate ....good game

agreed I still love the bourne I wish it had online or maybe a bit longer story mode. I didnt mind wanted it was a fun game

Daiphyer.
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Borderlands is just too awesome, too bad Fallout fanboys can't get over it.

RagingClue
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Quantom Of Solace
GRID

Both of these are very fun and solid titles. No one really gave these a chance I think

MasterKingz
11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Two Worlds was underrated IMO it was well fun online was empty for me tho

MaSoNaRy22
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Full auto i found was alot of fun, achievements are pretty easy plus i never got bored playing that game.

Magic Coletrain
11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Mirror's Edge
Eternal Sonata
Saints Row 2 (so so sooo much better than GTA4)
Prince Of Persia
Pure

SiR x VeiRoN x
11-02-2009, 10:04 AM
The Darkness is a lot underrated,one of the best RPG games in my opinion...

TaulPaul15
02-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Singularity was a lot of fun and no one was talking about it. Not sure about the reviews but Dante's Inferno was fun too and I don't really care for that god of war style game. Dead Space is a game I just picked up and absolutly love. It got good reviews but I don't know anyone else who played it and never gave it a chance untill I saw stuff on DS2.

capirus
02-20-2011, 01:38 AM
There's stuff like Ninety Nine Nights or Call of Duty that's just mindless stupid fun. Mirror's Edge was annoying at times but definitely deserved higher sales than it got. Maybe due to the gender thing. For some reason guys have a problem playing a female character. I don't care if Issac has a great ass, I don't want to see all through the game.

McGoogles
02-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I think I've posted the following two games in different threads of the same topic several times:

Darwinia+ and Singularity.

wilcev1
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
yes i think we all do

xxDAMRONxx
10-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Red Faction Guerilla is the most underrated and not talked about game on the 360. Very smooth great single player and one of the most balanced MP games on the 360. Still is. Great game, if you havent played it go pick it up and do so.

Also, Unreal Tournament 3 is absolutely amazing.

Barad
10-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Friend just completed Pure and that game came to mind.

Gackt
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Mirror's Edge
Eternal Sonata
Saints Row 2 (so so sooo much better than GTA4)
Prince Of Persia
Pure

The Darkness is a lot underrated,one of the best RPG games in my opinion...

Red Faction Guerilla is the most underrated and not talked about game on the 360. Very smooth great single player and one of the most balanced MP games on the 360. Still is. Great game, if you havent played it go pick it up and do so.

Also, Unreal Tournament 3 is absolutely amazing.

Some of you need to learn the definition of underrated. Those are all popular highly rated loved games lol.

Starstrukk X360A
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I don't know many people who've played it, but I absolutely enjoyed it. I wish more people would recognize it's awesomeness.

Gackt
10-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I don't know many people who've played it, but I absolutely enjoyed it. I wish more people would recognize it's awesomeness.

I played that not to long ago, was pretty great!

morgul maggot
10-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Star Trek: Legacy - Another one where if you like Star Trek, you will really like this. I didn't think it got it's due. Damn shame too.

My biggest gripe with this game is the difficult to master controls, otherwise, i'd have finished this one years ago.

viva pinata ;)

This one and Trouble in Paradise both were fun to play. Wife and I still load these up on occasion.

Right now? Brütal Legend, seems like not alot of people have bought it since release =/

Oh and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Loved Brutal Legend. Need to sit down and work on that one...

BK: N&B.. not so much. Controlling the "vehicles" makes me want to throw stuff.....

Two Worlds was underrated IMO it was well fun online was empty for me tho

Two Worlds was rather enjoyable. A good RPG til the end. I'm rather tickled that there were no online cheevos for it.

Death Metal Jim
10-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Alone In The Dark- A fun action game with nice cinematics and the option to play in First and Third person view. The only flaws are the horrible driving mechanics and questionable inventory system.

Bulletwitch- Nice action/adventure game that sees you play as a witch with destructive powers. Don't know why people hate this one so much. It's simple yet fun.

Dante's Inferno- A great action game with awesome graphics and gameplay. The problem with this game? It's just too damn short, plus the puzzles seemed out of place to me.

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis- A flawed yet fun RPG which gives you the ability to turn into a Dragon at will (assuming your outside). The game was so enjoyable that I plan on getting the stackable Dragon Knight Saga version in the future.

Gun- Great sandbox game that towed the line for best Western game until Red Dead Redemption came out. The graphics and gameplay are somewhat dated now but the game is still alot of fun to play.

Ninety Nine Nights- Fun and addictive Hack N Slash. That's really the best definition of it for me, just slaughtering multitudes of enemies was so satisfying.

Overlord- One of my favorite games of all time. Easily in my top 20 360 games. Just love being able to control minions and having them cause destruction. Overlord 2 is pretty good as well, but not half as awesome as the first was.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel- I loved this game. The coop is great, the weapons and armor are freakin awesome, and the world is huge. The only flaws in the game are that you can't pause it, the storyline is forgettable, and the music and dialogue get a bit repetitive. But goddamn is the gameplay fun and addicting.

The Saboteur- Criminally underrated game. No flaws for me with this one. Just an awesome sandbox game with fun as hell gameplay and hilarious dialogue.

Two Worlds- A game so bad it's good. Yes the game has horrible graphics, voice acting, and it lags from time to time, but it was still fun as hell to me. The open world is huge, there's tons of quests to complete and locations to explore, and you can increase your weapon stats to a godly amount.

Viking: Battle For Asgard- An incredibly satisfying Hack N Slash game that sees you absolutely annihilating your enemies all the way through. MY only gripes with it were of course the repetitiveness and the last boss.

TheGreenxRanger
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I think Viva Pinata was underrated. As for xbla 3d ultra mingolf

Iceskater101
10-20-2012, 09:33 PM
I played that not to long ago, was pretty great!

Omg this game is amazing! I love it so much. Enslaved Odyssey to the West and Mirrors Edge are both really fun games.

KillerBEA
10-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Gun
Sacred 2 (wow that world is big; also probably one of the first games I am going back to after GSL is over)
History channel civil war games (They are no means great, but I really don't get all the hate I really enjoyed them)

CyberPunch83
10-21-2012, 04:30 AM
I want to say Sacred 2, but I haven't got into it enough yet. Perhaps post-GSL. HOwever Mirror's Edge is underrated, as is Metro 2033 and to a lesser extent Autobahn Polizei. While not AAA titles and as a result have less marketing/word of mouth, these games will be seen as classics in a few years' time. It's not about how much a game pushes itself via advertising, the game should still sell the game.

Seraph Xii
10-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I generally try not to take risks when buying games, so all I can think of off the top of my head is Just cause 2 and I'm currently playing the saboteur which has a brilliant atmosphere and is very fun to play.

Edit: Just noticed this thread was created in '09 and revived again in '11.

Tsaako
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
In the middle of playing The Bourne Conspiracy, isn't a half bad game tbh. I'd also put Lost Odyssey as a bit under rated, I felt that deserved a sequel.

Sixfeetbehind
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Mirror's Edge and Viva Pinata!

The5point5
10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Dragon's Dogma I guess

Fire Hawk D
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I quite enjoyed Terminator Salvation, and I KNOW that gets bad reviews. King Kong, too. Really, most games I've played I've enjoyed in one way or another. Sure, near the end of a game's achievement list I may suddenly wish death upon anyone involved in the development, planning, and creation of the game, but that wears off and I usually have a positive overall experience with the game.

But, on topic, one that really sticks in my mind was Red Faction: Armageddon. I enjoyed Guerilla quite bit, and I know Armageddon was a big departure and received pretty bad reviews, but I still enjoyed it immensely and even played the multiplayer a bit after achieving 100% (which, for me, is quite rare).

Barad
10-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I think Viva Pinata was underrated. As for xbla 3d ultra mingolf

Mirror's Edge and Viva Pinata!

Lol Viva Pinata was one of the best selling games of 2006 and sold well into 2007 too, got top reviews and 2 sequels..

IT IS NOT UNDERRATED.

I love that game though I would 1000 it a 1000 times if I could. :p

Joey The Dawg
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
The Saboteur
Deadly Premonition
Shadows of the Damned
Nier
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Assault on Dark Athena
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

bombah mahn
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
- Singularity
- Mirror's Edge
- Saints Row.. GTA kept me blind like the catholic church!
- Viva Pinata
- Borderlands.. hell this deserves a lot more!
- Battlefield.. same as GTA! I was completely blinded by COD. I didn't realize how much I've been missing until I played BF!
- The Amazing Spider Man
- GRID (F*** you NFS!)

Kunduz
10-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Bladestorm & Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition

Distoration
10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Mirror's Edge defintely, so much awsomeness, and they don't make a part 2 :(
And in my opinion also Far cry 2, had so much fun with this game even tough it got a bit representative after a few hour's.

Iceskater101
10-23-2012, 07:05 PM
In the middle of playing The Bourne Conspiracy, isn't a half bad game tbh. I'd also put Lost Odyssey as a bit under rated, I felt that deserved a sequel.

The Bourne Conspiracy! I completely forgot about that game. I don't think it is that bad either.. I mean sure, it isn't the greatest game.. but it is decent.

Jesseeh
10-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Mirror's Edge defintely, so much awsomeness, and they don't make a part 2 :(
And in my opinion also Far cry 2, had so much fun with this game even tough it got a bit representative after a few hour's.

Who said they're not making it?
Last time I read info about it was that they got a small group on it.

JamesAlmighty99
10-26-2012, 01:16 AM
I gotta say, I didn't hear too much about Amped 3 for 360 when it came out, and not too many of my friends have played it. I'm currently working through what I'm calling the "Xbox 360 Anthology Run" which is I'm starting at the first game released on the system and moving up from there (including XBLA). I don't have Gold right now, so I put Kameo on hold for a minute, but Amped 3 came up second on the list. The game plays easy, the challenges are actually challenging, not to mention the game itself is just goofy and awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Ninja Eagle
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Splinter Cell: Conviction

hydrosugar
10-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Mirror's Edge
Eternal Sonata
Prince Of Persia
Pure

+1 on all these. Though they're more under appreciated than underrated, pretty sure they got the reviews they deserved for the most part.

As for an actually underrated game, TMNT. It didn't really have many flaws, it just didn't shoot for the stars to begin with. I had fun 100%'ing that game. It helped that the achievement list was 100% SP and devoid of collectibles. I wish more devs followed suit.

THE DEADLY DOG
10-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I quite enjoyed Terminator Salvation, and I KNOW that gets bad reviews. King Kong, too. Really, most games I've played I've enjoyed in one way or another. Sure, near the end of a game's achievement list I may suddenly wish death upon anyone involved in the development, planning, and creation of the game, but that wears off and I usually have a positive overall experience with the game.

But, on topic, one that really sticks in my mind was Red Faction: Armageddon. I enjoyed Guerilla quite bit, and I know Armageddon was a big departure and received pretty bad reviews, but I still enjoyed it immensely and even played the multiplayer a bit after achieving 100% (which, for me, is quite rare).

My God man.. *Checks your pulse* Yup human. Weird....

Ba22crow
10-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I intentionally play games that are less than popular, and two of my favorites from this genre are WET and Resonance of Fate.