PDA

View Full Version : Steam issues. .

Jethrow
08-23-2009, 02:47 AM
well i'm not sure really what, if anything, i can do to fix this problem.

about a year ago, one of my emails which was my main one at the time, was taken from me in a way. I'm not sure how because i'm very careful about passwords. either way i couldn't reset my password as it was altered, my secret question was changed as well.

Aside from that. I bought half-life 2 for the pc. My steam account was linked to my old email appearently. Now when i try to install the game it asks for username and password. Now all my stuff is basically Jethrow, and when i try my name and passwords and that it's just not working. My account name is tied to my game serial number and basically i'm screwed really. I can't seem to find anything or someone i can speak with at Steam or whatever that can help me. When i try again to install basically it just tells me My serial number is in use.

i own the game, doesn't make much sense to me. Has anyone had an issue similar to this, and is there a forum or number to contact that is able to help with this. Thanks

Zainy521
08-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Have you tried contacting valve?

Dillagence
08-23-2009, 03:25 PM
You must log into your Steam account in order to install the game, if your steam account isn't logging in your only option is to email or phone support. It is possible to change your email address with Steam also but you just need to log into the account first.

jamieCR7
08-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Does seem a little crap that you can't log in or change your e-mail address for that account. The person who hacked you can't win either, you have the game and it is attached to your account. Contact Steam or Valve and ask what they can do to help you. Hopefully you get it sorted.