PDA

View Full Version : Top Recruiting Class & 10+ 5 Star Recruits GUARANTEED

uneasyrider
01-27-2007, 05:39 AM
OK I finally found a way to get the top recruiting class, plus nail 10+ 5 star recruits every single year. Not only will this nab you the 2 hardest achievements (outside of the 60 year dynasty), but it will also help you stack your team with the best players in the nation.

Follow these steps, word for word exactly... and you WILL NOT FAIL, I SWEAR. I have done this 4 years in a row with my dynasty.

Please note that in doing this... I am assuming that you are using a team with a relatively good Prestige rating (I'm talking A or higher. B+ and below just doesn't generate the interest to get this).

I'm also assuming that you have been able to nab at least 1 or 2 5 star recruits in the regular season via In-Season Recruiting. If not, there are plenty of guides on how to do this.

OK HERE WE GO.

First. Download this spreadsheet (http://www.kandcpics.com/upload/recruit.xls). Print it out. If you can't tell, switch the print style from portrait to landscape.

Second. After your regular season is finished, advance to the offseason. Go through the first two steps before Recruiting. Once you get to recruiting, STOP.

Third. Go to the recruiting step. Enter your homestate. Pull the left trigger and change the selection to 'All Prospects'. By default, it will sort them by their ranking. Start going down the list of 5 star prospects. When you see a prospect that is highlighted in green, pull down on the right analog stick to see what schools he is interested in (DO NOT BOTHER WITH PROSPECTS THAT AREN'T IN GREEN UNLESS THEIR INTEREST METER IS ABOVE 60-70%). Keep a mental note of where your school ranks (assuming your school is in the top 4).

Press A To target him.Then pull out your trusty spreadsheet and write this recruits name down. First initial & last name are what is important. State doesn't really matter. Choose 'Academics' as the pitch. Then, in the 'Academics' column of your spreadsheet, put a CHECKMARK.

If your recruit has you at 1st or 2nd on his list, choose an In-Home Visit With Assistant Coach. You'll want to save your recruiting points. If your recruit has you at 3rd or lower on his list... choose an In-Home Visit With Head Coach.

Now do this on down the list for every 5 star recruit that has a green marker by his name that shows he is showing interest. If your school has at least 6 stars (or an A in Prestige), you should have no less than 7-8 5 star recruits that are interested in you (by interested I mean they have a green dot by their name). There should be at least 2-3 others that don't have a green dot, but show a good interest level.

After you go through all of the 5 star recruits... start down to the 4 star recruits. There should be absolutely no lack of 4 star recruits that are interested in you. Follow the same instructions as above.

Find the interested ones...
Write their name down...
Choose Academics for the pitch...
Choose either In Home with Ass. Coach or In Home with Head Coach based on where your school ranks...

Fourth... Once you have all of your scholarships handed out and Academics chosen as the pitch... exit back out to the state view. DON'T PROCEED. SAVE YOUR GAME.

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. Press Start... and Simulate through Week 1.

Once the simulation is done... go back into your state. Pull the left trigger, and choose 'Targeted Prospects'. Start with the first name on your spreadsheet and go to that person on your list. Then follow these instructions.

Press the right analog stick, and navigate to Feedback.

IF THERE IS A GREEN PLUS BY THE FEEDBACK... CIRCLE THE CHECKMARK IN THE ACADEMICS COLUMN FOR THAT RECRUIT. THEN SCRATCH THROUGH THE REST OF THE PITCH CELLS FOR THAT RECRUITS ROW. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST FOUND THAT RECRUITS PITCH!!

IF THERE IS NOTHING BY THE FEEDBACK... PUT A '-X' NEXT TO THE CHECKMARK IN THE ACADEMICS COLUMN. MOVE ONTO THE NEXT RECRUIT.

IF THERE IS NO FEEDBACK, THAT MEANS THE RECRUIT SIGNED WITH ANOTHER SCHOOL, AND THE FEEDBACK DIDN'T WORK. PUT A '-X' NEXT TO THE CHECKMARK IN THE ACADEMICS COLUMN. MOVE ONTO THE NEXT RECRUIT.

Now for every single checkmark in the Academics column, you should have either a '-X' or a circle around the checkmark.

NOW RELOAD YOUR DYNASTY.

Now we start over. Go into your state. For the recruits on your spreadsheet who have circles around their checkmark... you can ignore them for now.

Focus on the recruits who have a '-X' next to the checkmark. For each one... press A and change their pitch to 'Program Prestige'. When you do that... put a Checkmark in the 'Program Prestige' column on the spreadsheet. Once you have done this for every recruit who wasn't interested in Academics... back out and Sim Week 1 again. Then start the process of going through each recruit and see if they responded to the Program Prestige pitch.

The ones who responded with green, put a circle around the check and cross out all of the rest of the columns. The ones who didn't respond... put a '-X' next to the check.

Hopefully you're following me through all of this. Follow this same procedure for all of your recruits, testing all of the pitches.

If you've been patient enough... by the end you should be able to figure out every single recruits Pitch that they respond to. Your spreadsheet should be full of nothing but Checkmarks with circles around them and scratched out cells.

Once you are done... you have an entire recruiting strategy to pull down the best recruiting class you've ever had. There will be no more banging your fist trying to figure out a recruits Pitch. There will be no more spending all of your points on one recruit only to have him sign with someone else.

The first time I did this... I had signed 3 5 star players during the regular season. Following this strategy... I nailed 9 5 star recruits giving me a total of 12. I also nailed 12 more 4 star recruits. I had the top recruiting class by a mile.

It takes patience to make this work... but trust me... it is fool proof. I only lost 1-2 recruits to other schools... and those were 5 stars who were responding positively to me, but my school just wasn't high enough up on their list.

Please post if you have any questions about this strategy... and please let me know how it worked for you!!

cravenmoorhead5
02-22-2007, 01:28 AM
so if u find their pitch they will basically go to your school?

if u can respond quickly i rented it and it goes back tomorrow...thanks

uneasyrider
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
so if u find their pitch they will basically go to your school?

if u can respond quickly i rented it and it goes back tomorrow...thanks
Sorry if I'm responding too late to this question.

Essentially yes, if you find the right pitch, 95% of the time the recruit will end up with your school. There are some factors though that can influence this. The first being the recruits interest level in your school. You should only target recruits that have a definite interest in your school... and by definite I mean at least 75% on the interest level meter.

Targeting a 5 star recruit who is initially showing very little interest in your school will most of the time end up commiting somewhere else. Even if you find his pitch... you have to figure that some other school who is higher on their list will find it too. Every once in a while, you'll get them... but most of the time not. Things are much much easier when they are interested in what you have to say.

I've found that the quickest way is to change to browse 'All Recruits'... then sort them by interest level. It will do a secondary sort by skill level. Go from top to bottom and follow the steps outlined above... and you should be good to go.

FriggenCarl
03-04-2007, 08:05 AM
awesome strategy man. good work. it takes a little bit of time but the payoff is huge!

SurferOWaves
03-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah this is a great way to get this. Now if I only had the skills to get a return TD from a punt...stupid runners.

³ıı
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
This method did not work for me directly. I used the method desribed by another member on these forums to create-a-prospect (I think I created 12) in my own state with maxed out stats and then from there on I used the method listed above and it worked for me.

Estiem
03-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Once i do find out that recruits pitch... do i spend a ton of points on them each time, or just call or... recommendation on that one?
i do keep spending points on them right? or once i know their pitch are they done and move onto the 4*'s and such... ?

Xc0mmand0
04-21-2007, 01:53 AM
This method did not work for me directly. I used the method desribed by another member on these forums to create-a-prospect (I think I created 12) in my own state with maxed out stats and then from there on I used the method listed above and it worked for me.

could you get a link to that?

DFILL450
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
i know this is off topic but for the block a punt achievement can u use two controllers?
and thanks for the strategy i just got the achievement

Graham31004
07-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Mr. February Achievement unlocked for me using this cheat but not the 8 5 Star Recruits. I got 6 to sign before the season. Am I doing something wrong?

KaBo0kiE
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
I was actually at the point where it felt like this was taking as much time as doing the 60 year dynasty. Wish I would have read this thread first before I wasted countless hours... Thanks :)

Bombstriker
07-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Didn't work for me, this is what I done....

Started a season with USC, I could only get 1 recruit from in-season recuiting. I went undefeated and won the championship of course.....

When I went to look at the list of prospects only two players had green dots by their name not 7-8 lol. I only have 8 total players even interested enough to send the meetings out. I used the list and found all of their pitches and loaded the file back several times giving them what they wanted and after all my attempts I could only sign the same 4 players every time giving me a total of 5 5 star players..... I don't know what I did wrong but I only had 2 players with green dots after winning the championship with USC.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks!

veritas347
07-05-2007, 03:46 AM
umm im not positive but i heard you can get the mr. february by just simulating the recruiting i think thats what i did

Bombstriker
07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I got the achievement finally but I did it my own way lol.

Graham31004
07-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok I just got 10 5star recruits because I got 2 in season recruits.

uneasyrider
07-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you're still looking at only in-state recruits. You need to switch to 'All Prospects' so that it gives you access to recruits all over the nation.
Didn't work for me, this is what I done....

Started a season with USC, I could only get 1 recruit from in-season recuiting. I went undefeated and won the championship of course.....

When I went to look at the list of prospects only two players had green dots by their name not 7-8 lol. I only have 8 total players even interested enough to send the meetings out. I used the list and found all of their pitches and loaded the file back several times giving them what they wanted and after all my attempts I could only sign the same 4 players every time giving me a total of 5 5 star players..... I don't know what I did wrong but I only had 2 players with green dots after winning the championship with USC.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks!

RedBlinky
07-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Picking the top 12 schools simming a season then using my top team that one the national championship to recruit with and using none of the other schools got me 11 5 star prospects easy.... because it takes out most of your big prestige school competition making easy recruiting for you....

ArtzryD
08-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Anybody have the spreadsheet to repost/send? The link is broken or I'm just handicapped....

ArtzryD
08-21-2007, 02:50 AM
NM, I used RedBlinky's method and it worked just fine. JIC anyone still reads this thread, LoL!

Im a Manatee
08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm going to try blinky's method right now..

Can confirm broken link.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
08-28-2007, 02:01 AM
good method!

Hoof Hearted25
09-04-2007, 07:43 PM
can someone send me the spread sheet

Bellend124
11-13-2007, 10:44 AM
can someone send me the spread sheet

yea, if anyone has the spreadsheet the link is dead and it would be extremely helpful.

ikilledyou999
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
:uzi:cant download spreedsheat:mad::mad::mad::mad::uzi:

Bellend124
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
you don't need it. Just try the different perks on the players until you find one that works. write it down if it doesn't work and then when it does work make note of it.
Get the perks for about 12 players by reloading your save (the players and their perks will stay the same) and then try for it. you should get 8-10 of them even if they aren't interested in your school (make sure you pick good school)

RiteNowRiteNow
12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Dude,

This technique is a little bit time consuming, but I'd hate to think of what it'd take to do it without the technique.

I did this last night and reeled in 7 five-star recruits and 6 four-star recruits to get the Mr. February achievement. I obviously missed the 5-star achievement by one recruit. I think I'm going to take this recruiting class for what it is, sim the next season, and try to get 2-3 five-star recruits during the season to lighten the burden after the season.

I didn't use a spreadsheet, just write the dudes name and make columns for each pitch so you know what you've pitched and haven't. Although by doing this a few times I can see the need for one.

Thanks for the info!

RiteNowRiteNow
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Third. Go to the recruiting step. Enter your homestate. Pull the left trigger and change the selection to 'All Prospects'. By default, it will sort them by their ranking. Start going down the list of 5 star prospects. When you see a prospect that is highlighted in green, pull down on the right analog stick to see what schools he is interested in (DO NOT BOTHER WITH PROSPECTS THAT AREN'T IN GREEN UNLESS THEIR INTEREST METER IS ABOVE 60-70%). Keep a mental note of where your school ranks (assuming your school is in the top 4).

Ok..

I had four 5-star recuits commit during the season, meaning I only needed 4 more to get the 5-star achievement. I went through the list as noted, I selected the recruits who had a green dot, then went back and started to recruit some of the other 5-star players.

NOTE: When you're looking for additional players who do NOT have a green dot next to their name, pull the right analog stick down to see the schools on their top 4. You can then click the right analog stick to see their whole list of schools (10 total). If your school isn't listed on there, forget about the player, he won't commit EVER. If your school is on there, even if it's at the bottom, you have a chance by following the technique uneasyrider has given to us on this thread.

I snagged 2 extra recruits this way giving me my first class of eight 5-stars. And I'm not sure if it's because I got four 5-stars during the season or what, but there were very few 5-stars interested in my school post-season, so going to snag some of the non-greendots meant some massive trial and error. Thankfully, I got the guys I needed for the achievement.

*Apologies for the double post, I wanted to post again so it would call attention to this thread for the people still trying to get the related achievements.

Despised Icon
02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
HELP! if someone who's done this and knows how could send me a FR and walk me through this, I would greatly appreciate it. I've tried all the methods listed in the forums, but no luck. I don't know what to do exactly since im not a sports fan. So please help if you could.

Grizimus
02-27-2008, 04:41 AM
I will send you a FR shortly. I tried it today and got Mr. Feb on the first go and got the 5 star after a few tries with 9- 5 star players.

Good post uneasyrider.

mig0
03-25-2008, 05:14 AM
OP link is broken. Please repost.

IB A IL IL 1 IN
03-25-2008, 08:41 AM
good stuff man... good stuff:woop:

Im Justa Newb
04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks I'll have to try this out. I have tried on my own and skrewed it up. 975/1000 GS on this.

mig0
04-21-2008, 05:50 AM
So I was doing the 60 year dynasty thing, and in the middle of it, I was coaching:

Boise state (who was a D prestige school by this time; this coach originally coached ND who won the 3 back to back national champs and won 4 in 6 years and I also coached 2 other teams I cant recall)
USC
Ohio State
Texas

Now I wasnt trying to do the 5 star recruit thing with this bunch. Ill try that in another dynasty but I was trying to improve Boise state by following some of this logic. So I adjusted my pitch and found that on a couple of players, I tried "Coaching style" and got a red minus. So my question is... is that their pitch? except it wont work cuz they dont like/trust me?

Evil_Snow_Man
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Red minus means bad... your looking for the green note :)

Anyways, I just made a post about a super easy way to get this in no time at all.

KILLING5PR33
04-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Has Anyone Here Gotten The 350 Passing Yards , Shutdown N 200 Rushing Yards Achievements.........ived Tried It Numerous Times With Default Settings And I Cant Get It.....

edit: i got it the next day........

Evil_Snow_Man
04-29-2008, 05:39 PM
350 passing yards and 200 rushing yards will pop at the end of the game, they don't go in game like the other ones.

KILLING5PR33
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
350 passing yards and 200 rushing yards will pop at the end of the game, they don't go in game like the other ones.

Also if you gotten an ton of achievements in a day.... And you still cant get the 350 passing yards,500 total yards. etc i would suggest to turn the game off and play it the next day........... i tried getting it the next day and it popped up.... But remember u need to have it on default settings varsity difficulty n 5 mins quarters......

TheWings977
06-29-2008, 05:58 PM
You can get some Achievements with Offsideds turned off.

Cadamson16
07-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Totally Worked For Me

XxChiCubs32xX
08-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the help with these achievements. they were driving me crazy.

freeleeday
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Is the link dead? I can't seem to get it to work for me.

CanuckLefty
03-26-2009, 06:58 AM
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041026/041026_adWinkler_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

"I could kiss you on the d*ck!"

The most pain-inducing achievement (let alone 1000 gs) is now checked. I followed a similar method:

*Make sure you've gone to 'all prospects' instead of merely your state.
* Week One, use program prestige as your pitch. If that works, great, beat them over the head with it until they sign! If not, in week 2, try the next pitch.
* Be sure to use an A+ school - prospects will remain interested if you're prestigious, even if they're indifferent to your first pitch.
* Keep at it! I ultimately got eight 5-stars out of the 47 available this class.

wildwest08
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
if anyone wants an easier way than getting it than what is in the first post just listen to ritenowrite now. get your inseason recruits that are 5 star then that lowers the amount you have to get in the recruiting part of the offseason

xxXI Dave IXxx
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
The method posted by the OP worked first time. Thanks a ton for the help!:drunk

nateeasy
01-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Great Guide thanks. The link to the spreadsheet is broken though.

longdillon1
05-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey man worked like a charm, Thanks alot That acheivement was fuckin retarded!

longdillon1
05-14-2010, 03:54 AM
thanks worked great!

PlushOne
12-19-2010, 01:01 AM
ill have to try this one tonight

scs1983
01-19-2011, 07:21 AM
it wont let me get the spreadsheet, can u email it

J Lo
03-19-2011, 09:16 AM
it wont let me get the spreadsheet, can u email it

Yeah the spreadsheet doesn't exist...

bennifer3000
04-08-2011, 08:12 PM
OP looks way too complicated, IMO.

I was Ohio State and program at 6-star prestige.
I was also coming off the Dynasty Trifecta.

I created the max number of 5-star (95+) prospects all from Columbus, Ohio (where Ohio State is) then did the following:

- Skip to recruiting
- Select "send house" for all interested 5-stars (green dot)
- Select "send house" for all other 5-star recruits
- Skip the rest of recruiting
- Achievement unlocked

I had I think 15 interested recruits and 5 or so somewhat interested.
Tried it out multiple times and it worked every time.

If you sim, the CPU will go for 4 and 3 star recruits as well, wasting your points and focus.

Pretty easy.

qayaq
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM
No need to restart recruiting after each category. Simply mark which recruits you signed, which feedback is positive. For those without positive feedback, try something else. For those that are and did not yet sign, up the ante. Got 9 hits doing this method by week 4!