Buying ODST. I don't know what to do

European Gangsta

Hi guys,

I've got a really big problem. I'm an English guy but I live in Swizerland. I want to buy ODST (possibly limited edition) but here is my problem.

I don't want to buy it from Switzerland because it will be way way way too expensive.

If I buy it online of Amazon ect. I will be charged a mighty tax bill when they turn up with it.

My dad will probably going to England around the time it comes out, but will there be any left in stock or will they all have sold out to the people who pre-ordered them?

Please can you help me.

Hi guys,

I've got a really big problem. I'm an English guy but I live in Swizerland. I want to buy ODST (possibly limited edition) but here is my problem.

I don't want to buy it from Switzerland because it will be way way way too expensive.

If I buy it online of Amazon ect. I will be charged a mighty tax bill when they turn up with it.

My dad will probably going to England around the time it comes out, but will there be any left in stock or will they all have sold out to the people who pre-ordered them?

Please can you help me.

Uhm?

I doubt it will be out of stock. It's going to be very popular sure, but I personally have never experienced a game being out of stock. And if money is an issue, you may want to consider saving it.

But I'm not sure what your problem here is.

Your only problem seems to be money, in which case my answer above is what I think. As for your dad going to England, have him try a couple shops. Or, find out where he is going to be exactly, and see if you can pre-order beforehand and have him pick it up while he is there.

I'm not sure what else to tell you =\. Sorry.

Uhm?

I doubt it will be out of stock. It's going to be very popular sure, but I personally have never experienced a game being out of stock. And if money is an issue, you may want to consider saving it.

But I'm not sure what your problem here is.

Your only problem seems to be money, in which case my answer above is what I think. As for your dad going to England, have him try a couple shops. Or, find out where he is going to be exactly, and see if you can pre-order beforehand and have him pick it up while he is there.

I'm not sure what else to tell you =. Sorry.

Thanks, money isn't really an issue I just don't want to have to pay twice as much in Switzerland that I would in the UK. Might just pre-order it of Amazon to be honest, because I've heard if you write "gift" or "present" on it tax is dropped or cut.

you can order and ship the game to where your dad will be staying and change the time so that it arrives as or after he arrives in England. that way theres no chance of them being sold out. If you don't want to do that England has many stores that do games, they will be in no way sold out everywhere. some stores: Toys'R'Us, Game, Gamestation, Virtual Game, HMV, Tescos, Sainsburrys, Comet, WHSmith, Argos plus many more.

Hope this helps

Why do u even bother to go ebay...?

I always import games from England(my fav), it goes fast and it's kinky cheap.

Games here are 50 euros and in england most of them i buy for 20 or even less.

Search google for uk game shops...i don't wanna give names...

Cheers ;)

Then why bother asking?

Why come to a forum site about games and ask other people about what to do in your situation to get a game.

Mind boggling.

Money may have not been the entire issue, but it obviously is an issue to a certain extent. Maybe he just lied to save some of his pride. You're cruel. Too cruel. :p

I think the main issue, was that he would miss out on the game when his dad went to England due to it being sold out. Not wanting to pay twice as much, it seems to be the best option in this case. So, that is why he posted, for advice on that matter.

Why come to a forum site about games and ask other people about what to do in your situation to get a game.

Mind boggling.

Money may have not been the entire issue, but it obviously is an issue to a certain extent. Maybe he just lied to save some of his pride. You're cruel. Too cruel. :p

I think the main issue, was that he would miss out on the game when his dad went to England due to it being sold out. Not wanting to pay twice as much, it seems to be the best option in this case. So, that is why he posted, for advice on that matter.

Well said mate

Yeah he said money wasn't an issue, but obviously he'd like to pay as little as possible for his games... anyone would!